image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#52 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Laserrific sells the slime plastic for the ramps but didn't like it there so I cut it to hang from back panel lip which looks killer! Enough was left from the cut to put under ghost trap. Much better effect imo

Got it thanks. It looks awesome!

3 weeks later
#53 7 years ago

Three orders sent out this week. For those of you on the list, hoping to have some ready to ship next week.

#54 7 years ago

Add me im interested in list how much sent to new zealand

#56 7 years ago

Hi

Add me to the list please

#57 7 years ago

Hi
I will grab a set as well
Thanks

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

Add me im interested in list how much sent to new zealand

Added

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from Diamond2002:

Hi
I will grab a set as well
Thanks

Added. I'll email you guys and let you know when your set is ready for shipping

1 week later
#63 7 years ago

Dig!

#64 7 years ago

They are coming out slowly but surely. Just sent off sets 4 and 5. Next shipment hopefully Friday. They are a pain to make and little profit so not sure how much longer I'll do them.

#65 7 years ago

Well, hearing you are winding "down" instead of up, I hope it might be OK to ask for a set as well at this time?

I am happy to wait.....no rush.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

They are coming out slowly but surely. Just sent off sets 4 and 5. Next shipment hopefully Friday. They are a pain to make and little profit so not sure how much longer I'll do them.

why not charge more than? Seems like people like them and I'm sure would be willing to pay a little more. Those who got in early would be considering early supporters and received a discount

#67 7 years ago

I thought of that but just trying to be fair to the community as well. Don't want to overprice but then again they take time and money if I break a gun trying to disassemble and clean out insides for el wires. May reach out to a 3D company about making them too. Definitely a cool mod.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Well, hearing you are winding "down" instead of up, I hope it might be OK to ask for a set as well at this time?
I am happy to wait.....no rush.

I'll add you to the list Art

#69 7 years ago

My sincerest thanks!

I know it is often not known about how much time this takes.

I am very grateful!

#70 7 years ago

I'm in if you're still making more. They look awesome!

3 weeks later
#72 7 years ago

Any chance to get two?

2 months later
#74 7 years ago

I'll take a set.

#75 7 years ago

These are great!~

Ill share some photos, as I hope to finish install this week......

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Did you give up?

Kinda. On hiatus from these for a bit.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Kinda. On hiatus from these for a bit.

C_ck tease...boo

#78 7 years ago

If you are still making these put me down for one

3 months later
#79 6 years ago

I was thinking a making something very similar (or maybe same).....with a twist.

The Addition....integrating the power of the proton packs to a board which would tie into certain playfield lights which then would drive the lighted streams on and off based on those playfield lights (when they turn on and off).

Also, this would be a retrofit to people that bought this mod.

Any interest?

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I was thinking a making something very similar (or maybe same).....with a twist.
The Addition....integrating the power of the proton packs to a board which would tie into certain playfield lights which then would drive the lighted streams on and off based on those playfield lights (when they turn on and off).
Any interest?

i would be in.....

#81 6 years ago

Interesting concept. I tried lighting integration but the lights in the playfield drown out the el wire color and do not make the effect you'd want. You'd have to go to bigger wire, but then the gun wouldn't case them. So then I looked into 3D printing the guns, and then I stopped worrying about them because of the price hahaha. Would love to see somebody make some killer bright proton streams I'd be in for sure.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Any interest?

Sounds awesome depending on price.

#83 6 years ago

When Stern suggested that the guns were removed form the game I believe many started working on this mod. Over the counter toys were everyone's choice. When we actually got the toys and found out how small the area was to work with, the lighting options were limited. I too wanted to go 3d printing but after seeing the cross hatching of the actual process I knew I couldn't go that way. Casting a form is the way to go but then there is the cost. I narrowed down the lighting to what I wanted using EL then started working on the motors to make the guns interactive with switch feeds. My road block was and has been the pcb board needed to return the guns to the resting position much like the STTNG gun or ACDC gun. Maybe one day I'll figure that out.
As to the lighting not being bright enough we are limited at this time to EL 12v which is the brightest on the market. Sure there is optic but that gets washed out even more than the EL. I'm sure with time there will be new products but I sure haven't found any yet.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

When Stern suggested that the guns were removed form the game I believe many started working on this mod. Over the counter toys were everyone's choice. When we actually got the toys and found out how small the area was to work with, the lighting options were limited. I too wanted to go 3d printing but after seeing the cross hatching of the actual process I knew I couldn't go that way. Casting a form is the way to go but then there is the cost. I narrowed down the lighting to what I wanted using EL then started working on the motors to make the guns interactive with switch feeds. My road block was and has been the pcb board needed to return the guns to the resting position much like the STTNG gun or ACDC gun. Maybe one day I'll figure that out.
As to the lighting not being bright enough we are limited at this time to EL 12v which is the brightest on the market. Sure there is optic but that gets washed out even more than the EL. I'm sure with time there will be new products but I sure haven't found any yet.

Sounds like a number of people have been down this road - I would like to suggest an option (as my time is limited).
If you have the mechanical figured out, I would be willing to work on the PCB board side - control.
Let me know.

thx.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Interesting concept. I tried lighting integration but the lights in the playfield drown out the el wire color and do not make the effect you'd want. You'd have to go to bigger wire, but then the gun wouldn't case them. So then I looked into 3D printing the guns, and then I stopped worrying about them because of the price hahaha. Would love to see somebody make some killer bright proton streams I'd be in for sure.

What wire size, brightest and who did you buy it from. thx.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,699 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-proton-streams/page/2?hl=steveman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.