• 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by captkirk
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5877 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago

TWD because it has the best rules of any pin ever made. GB is also great but the ruleset is not as good.-doesnt have the balance or polish. The wizard modes and stackability isn't nearly as good either. I actually like the art, layout and theme better on GB but code is a really big deal to me and for that TWD is unmatched. TWD also does a great job of bringing you into the theme, especially if you have an alternative sound package with quotes from the show and the dmd animations are the best I've ever seen. My favorite game!

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

TWD Premium is awesome - much better than ST, and a great improvement over TWD Pro IMO.
TWD Pro is NOT as good as TWD Premium, but you can save money and it's still good. I know multiple people that had a TWD Pro and loved the game enough to sell the Pro and upgrade to the Premium - and they are all glad they did. You're missing a lot of nice features on the Pro vs Premium on TWD: Color Controlled Lighting, Walker Bombs, Spinners, Well Walker Magnet, RGB Inserts, Crossbow Toy, Bicycle Girl bash toy, BG Lift ramp, Fishtank toy, Woodbury drop target. That's a lot of cool stuff - and almost all of it enhances the game play!

I'm usually a Pro guy as most of the time the extra bells and whistles of the Prem/LE versions don't do much for me. I have played close to 500 games of TWD Pro on route and love the game so much that I decided I wanted to buy one for home and I would wait for a nice deal on a HUO. I looked for a few months and nothing really came up. There was a nice deal that came up on a TWDLE locally though, and despite only playing a handful of games on the LE/Premium I decided to give it a go despite the extra cost figuring I got it for a good price and could sell it for no loss if I changed my mind. I've only had it about a month but now that I've got over 350 games on it and have played it almost as much as I have the Pro I can say without a doubt that it's the better version. The biggest difference of course are the Walker bombs. They completely change the strategy of the game and how you approach it. The Bicycle Girl bash toy is also great, especially if you have the lighted mod for it. This also adds more strategy and changes the geometry of the game as I try to stack it with CDC which makes it an easier shot vs. the Pro which is almost too easy to repeat left ramp shots. The color changing GI is also incredible and adds to the ambiance of the game. Not only does it change color but it also dims and brightens which is really a cool effect. At first I didn't really care for the crossbow mod but once I got it working 100% and got better at using it, I actually find it to be a lot of fun. I've actually made the Crossbow Frenzy mode quite a few times and it's really fun as it stacks along with multiball and adds some extra challenge to the game.-it's like the cannon in ACDC basically. I'm also like ripping spinners and TWDLE has two of them which add to the enjoyment of the game. Plus there are other features like well walker magnet and the drop target at the Woodbury shot which improve the game. Really, the only negative on the Premium/LE is that the left ramp isn't as smooth.-Although this can be tweaked and improved. Overall though I've been in the hobby for over 12 years now and owned over 40 games and aside from possibly LOTR, TWDLE is the one that I've enjoyed the most and I now consider it to be my favorite game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-premium-vs-wd-premium?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.