(Topic ID: 183302)

GB Premium vs Spiderman VE

By wisemanbba

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Narrowing down my search. I appreciate the help so far. Any thoughts on GB Premium vs a SMVE? Similar price, both ratings seem relatively similar. SMVE is nowhere around me. Any insight?

Thanks

#2 7 years ago

I had a SMVE but traded it after a few months. Just not my game i guess. My GBLE is probably staying for quite a bit.

#3 7 years ago

I highly prefer SMVE. Looks and plays great. Ritchie's best Stern I think. Much better rules and layout vs GB. GB looks better than it plays.

#4 7 years ago

To me GB is designed way to quirky and hard. I really dont think the shots are satisfying. It is great looking game though. I would play IM or TWD for that kind of fun. Love IM!

SMVE is a smooth flowing powerhouse from Steve Ritchie and is a reskin of a proven great. Great, satisfying shots! Hit Venom and you have a second or two to admire your shoot. Hit the ramps for combos and you will taste butter in your mouth! Yummy! Reminds me of a combo of AFM and ST. I was late to the party on liking SM, but it is the real deal. Pinball perfection. Everyone seems to like it also. Sweetness.

Good luck.

#5 7 years ago

I would get Ghostbusters premium I find the game more challenging and I don't think you will get bored of it fast. Spider Man is also good but I find it easy especially after owning it for a while and it's not as challenging. If you do go with spider Man I actually like the original more because I don't like the call outs on the vault but I do like the artwork and dots on the vault more than the original.

#6 7 years ago

GB

#7 7 years ago

all the way the code in ghostbusters is very linear and boring and very few multiballs

#8 7 years ago

Has anyone heard if GB is getting a color DMD anytime soon?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-premium-vs-spiderman-ve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.