View topic image gallery

GB Premium (resized).jpg
IMG_0946 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
Steep and Deep.jpg
IMG_4528 (resized).JPG
IMG_7359 (resized).JPG

There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Only thing different are the redesigned CGC PCB's.

And the translite

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

And the translite

Oh yeah. It's still a translite tho. It's not made of paper

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Metal. Every part in MMr is Like an original. Only thing different are the redesigned CGC PCB's.

Um yup......that's all

#204 7 years ago

Picking up my GB this afternoon. Super excited!

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Picking up my GB this afternoon. Super excited!

Yep...usually a fun first weekend

#206 7 years ago

The problem is that I don't have the cliffys yet. I'm always torn in this situation. Its hard not to play the game when its just sitting there, but I hate to play it too much before it's protected. I'll probably just stick some clear vinyl down temporarily until I get the cliffys installed.

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The problem is that I don't have the cliffys yet. I'm always torn in this situation. Its hard not to play the game when its just sitting there, but I hate to play it too much before it's protected. I'll probably just stick some clear vinyl down temporarily until I get the cliffys installed.

Jesus man you worry too much.

#208 7 years ago

I faced that question early last year and ultimately went with Ghost Busters Premium. Both are good games but I gave the edge to GB. I'm happy with the choice but my favorite Stern is my TWD Pro.

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I'm happy with the choice but my favorite Stern is my TWD Pro.

And my favorite Stern is my TWD LE. What an awesome game!!!

#210 7 years ago

She's here!

GB Premium (resized).jpgGB Premium (resized).jpg

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm actually a bit disappointed Brian already made his decision because this is one of the best threads I've posted in on Pinside in months. Lots of good quality discussion

Me too I just sent him a trade proposal after only reading thru page 2. Shoukd have finished the thread. Sorry Brian. Happy New Year

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm actually a bit disappointed Brian already made his decision because this is one of the best threads I've posted in on Pinside in months. Lots of good quality discussion

Quoted from doughslingers:

Me too I just sent him a trade proposal after only reading thru page 2. Shoukd have finished the thread ...

Sorry, Buddy. Once I made the decision to buy a GB and sell my TSPP, it was amazing how fast all the pieces came together. I found both a buyer and a seller in less than a day.

#213 7 years ago

So the game looks great, and there doesn't appear to be any ghosting at all. The right ramp is also nice and smooth. My only minor issue at this point is that the ball sometimes gets hung up at the left controlled gate. It obviously needs some tweaking.

It's too early to offer any meaningful insight about the gameplay, but I'm enjoying it so far. One thing that immediately struck me about GB is how light the machine is. It was particularly noticeable because I had just moved my TSPP to make room for it. GB compared to TSPP is like a Prius vs. a Lincoln Navigator. It's amazing how big the weight difference there is. You can even feel it when you're playing. If you nudge GB, it moves a lot more easily than the older games. It almost makes me want to put something inside it to weigh it down.

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So the game looks great, and there doesn't appear to be any ghosting at all. The right ramp is also nice and smooth. My only minor issue at this point is that the ball sometimes gets hung up at the left controlled gate. It obviously needs some tweaking.

It's too early to offer any meaningful insight about the gameplay, but I'm enjoying it so far. One thing that immediately struck me about GB is how light the machine is. It was particularly noticeable because I had just moved my TSPP to make room for it. GB compared to TSPP is like a Prius vs. a Lincoln Navigator. It's amazing how big the weight difference there is. You can even feel it when you're playing. If you nudge GB, it moves a lot more easily than the older games. It almost makes me want to put something inside it to weigh it down.

I think most have been putting cats in there.

#215 7 years ago

Yeah, death saving on these new Spike machines can be done with one hand and one tilt warning now.
Even wedged in tight between two games it doesn't touch the head.

Look Ma' I'm Bowen Kerins!

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Yeah, death saving on these new Spike machines can be done with one hand and one tilt warning now.
Even wedged in tight between two games it doesn't touch the head.
Look Ma' I'm Bowen Kerins!

LOL!

I own a GoT LE as well, which is also a Spike game, and it doesn't feel nearly as light as GB.

#217 7 years ago

I just have a GOT pro and it's (sadly) even lighter than GB.

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

LOL!
I own a GoT LE as well, which is also a Spike game, and it doesn't feel nearly as light as GB.

Upper playfield, more coils and mechs and whatnot add a bit of weight.

Are magnets lighter than sling coil mechs? There's that...no sling coil mechs on GB Prem.

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Upper playfield, more coils and mechs and whatnot add a bit of weight.
Are magnets lighter than sling coil mechs? There's that...no sling coil mechs on GB Prem.

I also have the factory topper, mirror blades and some other stuff on my GoT, so I guess it all adds up. GB Premium is deceptive, because when you look at it, the playfield seems chock full of shit. That's why was a little taken aback by its lack of weight.

#220 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I also have the factory topper, mirror blades and some other stuff on my GoT, so I guess it all adds up. GB Premium is deceptive, because when you look at it, the playfield seems chock full of shit. That's why was a little taken aback by its lack of weight.

Ghosts float. It's a feature!

#221 7 years ago

MMR!

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sorry, Buddy. Once I made the decision to buy a GB and sell my TSPP, it was amazing how fast all the pieces came together. I found both a buyer and a seller in less than a day.

Not that anyone asked and it's all opinion anyway...but I think that TSPP blows GB away from a gameplay, playfield design, ruleset standpoint. GB is fun and I love the theme but it is unnecessarily designed to be a drain monster boardering on unfair.

TSPP is a classic and still stands as one of the top Sterns. My only gripe with it is the clunky sounding/feeling flippers.

That said, enjoy GB! Hey, it's only pinball.

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Not that anyone asked and it's all opinion anyway...but I think that TSPP blows GB away from a gameplay, playfield design, ruleset standpoint. GB is fun and I love the theme but it is unnecessarily designed to be a drain monster boardering on unfair.
TSPP is a classic and still stands as one of the top Sterns. My only gripe with it is the clunky sounding/feeling flippers.
That said, enjoy GB! Hey, it's only pinball.

I have both but I personally would keep my GB prem. Although I have had my TSPP for many years

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You made the right choice. I've played two different MMR and I gotta be honest, I don't think the game is all that. It's definitely a fun game but not worth the price and certainly not as good as GB Premium.

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

The constant "D'oh" mode drives me nuts and is the main reason I sent mine down the road.

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The constant "D'oh" mode drives me nuts and is the main reason I sent mine down the road.

It's not constant. It's one mode.

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Poorly worded, I guess. I meant the constant "D'ohs" in that mode. Of course it's not in all modes, but it's enough that I have no desire to own it again.

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I have both but I personally would keep my GB prem. Although I have had my TSPP for many years

GB has the new factor in its favor. TSPP stands the test of time and is an all time great. GB may get there someday but unlikely for me.

For the record, I think MM s a better pin than GB in the long run.

D'oh!

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from tamoore:

The "D'oh" mode doesn't bother me. I think it's funny. What drives me nuts, though, is the hurry up music. It's unpleasant, and it IS constant.

#230 7 years ago

One negative I've discovered about owning GB. Good luck getting that song out of your head!

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's one of my favorite things. I think it's hilarious, especially with Homer's head twitching and lighting up in sync.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Plastics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Saint John, NB
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 29.95
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
15,999 (OBO)
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-premium-vs-mmr/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.