(Topic ID: 231640)

GB Premium, Star Trek Premium or Aerosmith LE

By callaway15

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider callaway15.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Missed out on a NOB GOT: Pro I was wanting after a distributor apparently knocked it over and destroyed it (How does this happen?) and am now trying to decide between the above pins instead. Wondering what others’ thoughts are....?

#7 5 years ago

These are all good points and thoughts so far.

I’m not set on just these 3....but I prefer NIB and figure I’ll need to jump on titles like these soon if I’m going to eventually have them.

I definitely get the Aerosmith thought about multiball being the biggest attraction. I played it at a show recently and just really found it to be pretty, and cool. That said, I think they have better songs and I played it at a show where you don’t hear the music.

I like Metallica but I simply don’t like the theme figures and art as much, and that’s important too me. I like AC/DC too, gameplay wise, but not a lot else.

I would like an AFM:S.E.remake eventually, but figure I can get one easily in the future.

I also might want Hobbit, but was a little underwhelmed the last time I had some time on one.

#13 5 years ago

I haven’t had any frustrations with GB premiums that I’ve played, so I wonder if they were just set up really well, and different than stock.

I enjoy hitting the starship and I enjoy the ramps on ST premium.

Aerosmith has a decent array of things to shoot for. The upper playfield I think is a nice distraction

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Word. Of the three Aerosmith LE is the one I come closest to recommending, but honestly all three are not super-great. GB might get better with the new code coming at The Rapture, but it's not recommendable at present.
    I'd pick 3 different contenders.

Have some others you’d recommend considering then?

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

I would go with a GB Prem ........ eventually it will be a great game when code drops. By far the most toys of the three.
    If you go ST, get a pro as there is almost zero gameplay difference. If you interested in going that route I may be putting up my ST pro that has ALL the best mods and is loaded up. I bought game NIB. Its as new. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Thanks for your thoughts. I definitely have enjoyed GB premium every time I’ve played it. I do like the ST premium over the Pro, but thanks for the offer

#23 5 years ago

I do like MBR but I don’t think I’d get it over other pins. I have TNA coming in the next week, so I only have that settled on at this point. I like games that are varied. I can enjoy games that are catch and shoot as well as ones that you just keep shooting on. I’m not a fan of TWD unfortunately

#33 5 years ago

I've been to several barcades and 2 recent pinball expo's, so I've had a taste of a lot of machines. I'm most keen on the Hobbit from JJP, just can't get into DI or WOZ. WOZ is quite a game gameplay wise, but theme just doesn't do it for me.

I would hope at some point in the future I'll be able to find a great HUO GOT:Pro. I know I can get NIB premium and LE, but I prefer not having the blocking upper playfield.

I'm unfortunately not a fan of spiderman, avengers, etc pins; I have played them. I'm in MI. Still am dumbfounded that a distributor apparently tipped a NOB GOT:Pro from a pin dolly and destroyed it. Disappointing.

#36 5 years ago

Interesting dilemna. The seller who dropped the GOT:Pro I was interested in found a 2nd one doing inventory. This one is NOB, but likely has been at a show. Said to have 13,000 balls played on it, and about 2200 games. Is this a lot? Should I consider this and give it a go, over the games above? It was what I was first set on.

Anyone have a good price idea for what this should go for?

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I wouldn't call that NOB. I'd call it USED.

That's definitely what I'd think.

Really haven't had a good vibe from the guy and distributor after each time I've talked, so may be best to just stay away. The guy basically wants new pricing -- and considering it's an older game, it's probable the pricing was actually lower back then. I've heard of others paying 700 to 1000 less for NIB a few years ago for the game, or HUO used.

GOT is the theme I really like, and for some reason I enjoy bashing that log, lol. ST I kept coming back to play at PinCinnatti though, and same with GB and AS. Would love to have them all, lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider callaway15.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-premium-star-trek-premium-or-aerosmith-le?tu=callaway15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.