• 16 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Bing_Party
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi
Is there any advantage to purchasing the Ghostbusters premium now versus waiting till its release thank you

#2 8 years ago

Get it sooner... I mean stern has your money sooner, lol

I'm guessing you'll get it sooner off the line if you have a place in line with preordering it

#3 8 years ago

I would think just your wait in line? If you pay now the distributor will have you in, if you pay later you'll have to wait longer?

#4 8 years ago

I ordered through coin taker , on the list , they will tell me when to send money , june on the premiums

#5 8 years ago

I would wait an see if you like the game, there premiums so there not a limited number, see if what those magnetic slings do, it could make or break the game. Sure it will be sweet..

#6 8 years ago

Depends on how patient you are. Really no down side to putting a refundable deposit down to hold the game and save your place in line. The LE will be out before the Premium, so if the game has some insane issue that customers are not aware of you should find out about it way before you get yours and you can decide then.

Just my 2 cents.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Hi
Is there any advantage to purchasing the Ghostbusters premium now versus waiting till its release thank you

How much have you played it? I guess if you played it a ton and love it then why not? Otherwise there's no rush for the premium. Just sit back, wait, listen to all the complaints, play it and then decide.

#8 8 years ago

The last couple of comments were good ones. I actually just put down a deposit this week for a Premium, after playing the standard version some at the Texas Pinball Fest. Puts me in line to get one sooner, and also if I change my mind I can walk away later without any pain. But really I am probably only saving a month by putting down a deposit now vs. someone who waits and decides when they start getting delivered to others (as the thread said earlier that is likely in June). So, if you don't mind waiting an extra month...keep your deposit money, listen to the comments of those who start playing the Ltd. Ed. games after they get them, and make a more informed choice when they do come out later.

#9 8 years ago

Hi

Oh yes....definitely. Everyone should buy it immediately so I can get a nice tricked out modded one by early fall and save 2k when someone needs to dump theirs to pay the mortgage.

#10 8 years ago

Is there any advantage to purchasing the Ghostbusters premium now versus waiting till its release?

As others have already said, the ONLY advantage to pre-ordering a premium is that you will get it sooner. If you can show a little patience and wait, you will have the benefit of playing the game first before committing such a large sum of money. You may even be able to pick up a HUO one down the road for significantly less than the cost of a NIB.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Oh yes....definitely. Everyone should buy it immediately so I can get a nice tricked out modded one by early fall and save 2k when someone needs to dump theirs to pay the mortgage.

...... dumps it? Look at ac/dc or met premiums....they don't sell cheaper

#12 8 years ago

I said I wasn't going to jump before the release but GB looks great. I just put down a refundable deposit on the premium, which hopefully gets me in on the first production shipment. If any issues arise with LE owners, such as the case was with my GOT, we'll certainly hear about them well before premium production and I'll cancel my preorder. If people have major issues with the actual gameplay I'll cancel and wait until I can play for myself. Nothing to really lose if you're pretty sure you are strongly leaning towards purchasing and have a relationship with a distro that will allow a refundable deposit.

#13 8 years ago

If you can afford to have that money sitting with a distributor instead of working for you and you like the game, why not? It's your money.

IMHO, Stern will build to meet demand and demand is high on this one so they will be available NIB from the factory long after they hit the streets.

#14 8 years ago

Sometimes it might be best to wait a bit in case any issues are found in early run. Cloudy windows, etc.

#15 8 years ago

Absolutely. In my case, 1k aint gonna generate substantial interest sitting in a bank for a couple months... and most importantly, if it's great I want it ASAP

Quoted from RandyV:

If you can afford to have that money sitting with a distributor instead of working for you and you like the game, why not? It's your money.
IMHO, Stern will build to meet demand and demand is high on this one so they will be available NIB from the factory long after they hit the streets.

#16 8 years ago

I put down a few hundred bucks for get in line on the Premium. Distributor told me it will come out after LE's ship so I figured we would have some good ratings on it and then decide to cancel if for some reason it flops..I am glad I am in line, I want it for summer. I am number 8 in line at my disti and they assured me they probably get at least 8 on first run.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-premium-purchase-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.