• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160827_141159 (resized).jpg
20160827_145256 (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

I just ordered the Pinball Life center post kit. I was wondering if anyone who has installed it has any feedback on this after playing a few games on it? The game is so brutal and actually insulting to play set standard out of the box. How does the kit make it? I'm just worried it will be too easy with the kit installed. I like fast and challenging games but GB is just crazy how many cheap drains happen almost every game. Any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks!

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

I just ordered the Pinball Life center post kit. I was wondering if anyone who has installed it has any feedback on this after playing a few games on it? The game is so brutal and actually insulting to play set standard out of the box. How does the kit make it? I'm just worried it will be too easy with the kit installed. I like fast and challenging games but GB is just crazy how many cheap drains happen almost every game. Any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks!

I bought it too, but only using the outlane plastics. It was the cheap drains that hopped over the lane guide that frustrated me. Much better now imho.

#3 7 years ago

Where do you find this kit? Pinball Life doesn't have it listed, although it shows up in a google search that leads to an empty page.

#4 7 years ago

PBL doesn't make the kit they just resell it in the US. They are sold out on it. I see some available in Europe and the occasionally come up on ebay as well.

Search for Stern Ghostbusters Upgrade Kit

#5 7 years ago

I purchased it primarily for the extra lane height and slime appearance, but after some time with the game I decided to add the post. It turned out to be a fair improvement on the game that I don't intend to change back, unless I knew a tournament was coming up for the game, yet even then, you know when the post has saved you, so you can still work towards preventing that from happening (somewhat like bowling with bumpers--you don't always need or use the help, but you can still tell if you would have "drained" without it). You'll still get plenty of drains with the post. Most guests will certainly be happier with the post I believe.

#6 7 years ago

Pinball Life sells out of these quickly so keep a page open that searches for "ghostbusters" and when it magically appears, add it to your cart.

#7 7 years ago

Putting this kit on your GB is like putting lace on a bowling ball.

#9 7 years ago

Makes everyone happier here to have and play....

Also neat tricks from a center bounce back, caught in a magna sling pulse!

#10 7 years ago

After adding the kit, my kids are enjoying the game (prior they were too frustrated). Makes a huge difference to the rail jumps and the SDTM from the pop bumpers. Great quality kit and has multiple install options.

http://pinball-universe.de/ghostbusters-pu-upgrade-kit

#11 7 years ago

Id recommend using the clear outlane plastics out of the PBL kit and installing white carrot flippers from Dr Dude. The original flipper gap is 2 5/8" and carrot flippers make gap 2 3/8", still 3/8 wider then most games.

#12 7 years ago

Thinking about the carrot flippers wish someone would make GB specific ones, will normal rubbers fit on these?

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Thinking about the carrot flippers wish someone would make GB specific ones, will normal rubbers fit on these?

Yes they fit. I used the green superbands that came with the PBL kit. Heres a picture of PBL clear outlane plastics with carrot flippers with superbands on them.

20160827_145256 (resized).jpg20160827_145256 (resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

The original flipper gap is 2 5/8" and carrot flippers make gap 2 3/8", still 3/8 wider then most games.

We just aligned the flippers with the inlanes like almost every other game out there. Still makes the flipper gap 2 3/8". Just another suggestion for people.

20160827_141159 (resized).jpg20160827_141159 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-pinball-life-kit?hl=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.