11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Eskaybee
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AC386F69-15E9-48DF-9495-E5FAD0204B82 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbanthony.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 11 months ago
    Quoted from jar155:

It means don't pair a breakneck speed design with a game that demands you to constantly track crap going on with the screen, move stuff with an action button, and have shots that don't have enough inserts to indicate everything going on. There's too much happening at once for a game that plays that fast. People just say, "ignore the multipliers and just play" if you don't like that action button. That sucks too.
    Game of Thrones got the pace to complexity ratio so much more correct than Star Wars did. Star Wars went way too far into the amount of crap going on at once side of things. That might have worked with a game with more stops or more longer returns to flipper.
    Anyway, not really the point of this thread. I would still urge the OP to look at other games first.

I find the the screen info and inserts and moving the multiplier to be pretty easy to understand; a lot easier than a lot of DMD games that I find much harder to decipher the rules because of a lot less explanation is occurring. On older games, I shoot the blinky light because there isn't much explanation of the rules going on unless I read online and memorize them. Start Wars explicitly tells me what's going on most of the time. As long as I catch and hold the ball a moment to take my shot or move a multiplier or read the screen when the game takes a momentary pause, I think it is easy to understand and I completely don't understand the "there's too much happening at once". I don't consider myself a very good player but I'm really having a lot of fun with Star Wars and had a blast getting 1.4 billion on a game which I know is a lot lower score than most everyone else.

I was going to buy GB at Allentown in 2017, but my entire family played it and hated it. I hated the huge flipper gap. The game was pretty but annoying.
    Bought a Shrek instead. Still like Shrek better to this day.

#72 11 months ago

It sometimes really interesting how much opinions vary. I vehemently disagree with some of the opinions, but it is all subjective so trying to argue anyone into a different viewpoint is kind of pointless. The best takeaway as usual is to play both games yourself and pick the one you like better. They are 'ranked' about equally in the top 100 so there probably isn't any consensus about which is better. Who doesn't love a good argument though

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.99
    $ 89.99
    $ 95.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    DBC Pinball
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 259.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 11.95
    $ 24.50
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.00
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 22.50
    $ 7,499.00
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    £ 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbanthony.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside