Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Eskaybee
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AC386F69-15E9-48DF-9495-E5FAD0204B82 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 5 years ago

I've owned both. GB was a dream theme for me, but the ruleset got boring quick. The flipper gap was frustrating because way too many cheap drains because of it.

Star Wars has a much better layout and more exciting shots to make. I am a fan of the code because it's more dynamic and doesn't feel like the same exact game on each plunge like GB.

I am not even a big Star wars theme fan and absolutely love Ghostbusters - and I'll tell you to get SW instead. GB the pinball was a total failure which was a bummer to me.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

It means don't pair a breakneck speed design with a game that demands you to constantly track crap going on with the screen, move stuff with an action button, and have shots that don't have enough inserts to indicate everything going on. There's too much happening at once for a game that plays that fast. People just say, "ignore the multipliers and just play" if you don't like that action button. That sucks too.
    Game of Thrones got the pace to complexity ratio so much more correct than Star Wars did. Star Wars went way too far into the amount of crap going on at once side of things. That might have worked with a game with more stops or more longer returns to flipper.
    Anyway, not really the point of this thread. I would still urge the OP to look at other games first.

One thing I love about SW is the breakneck speeds paired with complex code. That's what makes it so much better than GB to me.

But that's why pinball is so great - who cares what I think - the op needs to play both and draw his conclusions...

It's like me trying to tell someone why vanilla ice cream is better than chocolate lol

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The action button whine is WAY overplayed.
    I move my multipliers to hyperspace/Endor shot and leave them there all game.
    Wow. Super taxing on the old noggin.
    Really not a big deal. Fast, fun, flowy game with a playfield that while isn’t innovative is perfectly adequate with nice shots.
    Exact opposite of GB.

The action button is awesome!

Only thing I don't like about SW is the Asteroid mini game. It's the only thing I can complain about it.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

More More
    Precisely, except you accidently reversed the ice cream flavors in your metaphor.

Hahahaha

#45 5 years ago

The thing is with GB is it's pretty cool when you first buy it and have fun learning the ruleset. After a few weeks when you've learned the entire game, you may say "well, shit... That's ??" Once you start hearing "Who Brought the Dog?" Mode start for the billionith time.

With SW, as time goes on- you'll master the rule set, but the high speed action of the playfield will assure you that you will keep coming back to finally win that mode.

Completing modes is satisfying on SW, and completing modes on GB is like grinding away at a ladder to hopefully hit the better modes. The problem is, the JT flipper gap makes it frustratingly difficult, in a cheap type of way.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-or-star-wars?tu=kpg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.