Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Eskaybee
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AC386F69-15E9-48DF-9495-E5FAD0204B82 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Uff man i don;t want to go too deep down this road but GB for me was just not a good game in any way other than looks & sound; Fastest game I've ever sold. The layout is just not well done...1.5 ramps, gap, jumping balls...and that's before the linear shit that actually got to me when I didn't think it would...etc etc

SW is super fast and fun but if you're a real "star wars bed sheet" type of guy the lack of dolls may upset you.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Prefer excellent art and a DMD? Ghostbusters (Pro) is the clear winner.

Ha...yeah this sort of sums it up perfectly. I might phrase it a little diff'rent but all the parts are there.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

SW is super fast and fun but if you're a real "star wars bed sheet" type of guy the lack of dolls may upset you.

Ground zero right here

Quoted from jar155:

Can't stand Star Wars, which is a shame....

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Lack of toys isn't an issue. Lack of cohesive design between game and code is.

No believe me I almost put this one in whatever it means

Quoted from jar155:

Needlessly convoluted and a total mismatch for the layout.

It's more aboot the bedsheets angle than the toys.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

It means don't pair a breakneck speed design with a game that demands you to constantly track crap going on with the screen, move stuff with an action button, and have shots that don't have enough inserts to indicate everything going on. There's too much happening at once for a game that plays that fast.

Haha...so the game is too much for you eh? That fast paced action is why so many people love it.
    never noticed it was missing inserts.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The action button whine is WAY overplayed.
    I move my multipliers to hyperspace/Endor shot and leave them there all game.

That's def a way to do it. I like the idea that moving them around when the multipliers are large, but it can bone you and work against you which is the fun part.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead1982:

GB shows some innovation (slings) ....

yeah I couldn't tell if you was looking for just Pros or not. The Prem+ GB is def better than the pro.

#67 5 years ago

Yes the problem is you have to go out of your way to "fix" the shitty game he designed. Too busy looking at kiddies instead of designing a good game for the 3rd time in your career? The prem+ at least has the slings and a ramp...the pro was pretty much a complete and utter waste

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-or-star-wars?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.