Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Eskaybee
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AC386F69-15E9-48DF-9495-E5FAD0204B82 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 5 years ago

TLDR: SW for the win. It’s uborthodox ruleset is fantastic for home use play.

I wasn’t a fan of SW but gave it a chance and glad I did. I honestly believe that Any real players out there that don’t like SW just don’t understand the rules; and rightfully so! The rules are complex at first. Once you learn the meanings of each colored light and the sound effects for each hurry up, the game becomes so much easier to understand. Then, you can focus on the rest of the rules and strategies.

My advice to people who don’t know the rules is stick the multipliers on Death Star and Endor and leave them alone. Next, play only one character and focus on one group of missions (i.e. Death Star missions). Once you get those 3 modes down, move onto the next planet. Rest of rules will follow fairly quickly. But be warned it takes a good dozen games to understand missions and probably 30-40 games to start picking up on the rest. It really makes it a fantastic HUO pin.

Now; once you got the rules down. You get to choose your paths/characters. Then you get to pick strategies and how you want to stack multiballs and if you can pull off those multiballs.

Still want more!?!? Time to have fun with the multipliers. I’m having a blast turning them off (and leaving them off) during hectic multiballs then turning them on once I see the multiplier on a shot that’s worth value.

Still want more!?!? 4 planet wizard modes each with its own built in wizard mode (victory multiball) to earn medals. Not only that but each planet multiball can be a 2-6 ball multiball depending how you played leading up to it.

Anyone who knocks the rules of SW simply doesn’t understand the rules so they take the easy out and say it’s convulted hence must suck. Learn better!

1 week later
    #85 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I reviewed SW when it came out.
    To me it was a disappointing, repetitive snoozefest that exemplifies cost cutting when ya paid too much for the license. Totally barren of any fun toys Imho.
    GB was frustrating but I keep going back to it to beat it. A good game on GB is worth a dozen plays on SW.

This is how I felt whenever I played SW on location. Then, I took one in on a glimpse of hope that perhaps the players that support this game were onto something. And you know what, they were! It just goes to show that synergy with layout + rules can really bring a game to the next level. I understand, this style of game isn't for everybody, but I still stand with what ive posted earlier in this thread....

Quoted from Eskaybee:

TLDR: SW for the win. It’s uborthodox ruleset is fantastic for home use play.
    I wasn’t a fan of SW but gave it a chance and glad I did. I honestly believe that Any real players out there that don’t like SW just don’t understand the rules; and rightfully so! The rules are complex at first. Once you learn the meanings of each colored light and the sound effects for each hurry up, the game becomes so much easier to understand. Then, you can focus on the rest of the rules and strategies.
    My advice to people who don’t know the rules is stick the multipliers on Death Star and Endor and leave them alone. Next, play only one character and focus on one group of missions (i.e. Death Star missions). Once you get those 3 modes down, move onto the next planet. Rest of rules will follow fairly quickly. But be warned it takes a good dozen games to understand missions and probably 30-40 games to start picking up on the rest. It really makes it a fantastic HUO pin.
    Now; once you got the rules down. You get to choose your paths/characters. Then you get to pick strategies and how you want to stack multiballs and if you can pull off those multiballs.
    Still want more!?!? Time to have fun with the multipliers. I’m having a blast turning them off (and leaving them off) during hectic multiballs then turning them on once I see the multiplier on a shot that’s worth value.
    Still want more!?!? 4 planet wizard modes each with its own built in wizard mode (victory multiball) to earn medals. Not only that but each planet multiball can be a 2-6 ball multiball depending how you played leading up to it.
    Anyone who knocks the rules of SW simply doesn’t understand the rules so they take the easy out and say it’s convulted hence must suck. Learn better!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-or-star-wars?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.