IMG_1099 (resized).JPG
IMG_1100 (resized).JPG
IMG_2111 (resized).jpg
IMG_2105 (resized).jpg
1012161531b (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
Mood_Slime_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
19400-ghostbusters-stern-pinball-machine-playfield-library-3d-model_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 7 years ago

Hey Tim when do ya think you'll get more GB Art Blades in? I signed up to get an email when you do.

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Did you get on our sign-up list?

Is that what the email notice is?

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

The art blades have never been available the sold out is a place holder maybe should be coming soon?

Hmmmm yes that is misleading. I wonder who's making them for them.

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Not trying to be misleading- sometimes websites are not as easy to edit as they appear. Making the word 'unavailable' fit in that little circle that now says 'sold out' is the current problem. And putting UN AVAILABLE on two lines just looks like I'm ignorant. So, ya. That's the reasoning behind the SOLD OUT.
These are STERN products, designed by Yeti. When we have them, everyone who is signed up via our site to receive notification will get an email.
We should have them soon and sorry we don't have a more definitive answer.

OK that explains it, thanks.

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Working on the tie in to a mode or something that registers frequently.

Now your talkin.

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

One puft mod and one sidedecals for me ??

I'll have what he's having.

1 week later
#229 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Today's prototype project. No more reading upside down letters or not being able to see them.

I like that.

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

This works great, the inserts will be shorter to make room for another mod and the LED holder needs some tweaking to nail the lighting effect. Time for a beer!
» YouTube video

I'd buy that.

1 week later
#250 7 years ago

When do you think they will be available?

#265 7 years ago

I'll be putting in my order for the GB blades Tim.

1 week later
#283 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Prototype of the firehouse cover, slides right over the top. Will have red brick and gray cement accents.

Oh I like that.

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Wow, these guys are on fire... Definitely got some winners there.

Yes...the 3d printer is their friend.

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Buddy of mine has been doing 3D printing for a few years now. May look into doing some Mods
for my own Pins.

Now that's a friend to have.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Dialing in the firehouse, will be painted and have some other detail to complete it.

Lookin good, I'm just hoping I can afford that AND the Library. Oh and I got the Stern art blades from you and they are top quality, just have to get help to pull the pf to get them on.

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I pulled my playfield to install. Unplugged the 2 molex connectors but left the Ethernet cable connected. I have never installed art blades and considered the "wet" method but just used the help of 2 other sets of hands and went for it. Turned out well.

Yup that's all ya do.

Quoted from Spelunk71:

Are you planning to use felt strips on the playfield sides to avoid scratching? Thanks.

No felt, the blades have a nice coating on them .....or it might be some kind of anti scratch surface I don't know but it looks like it will take some abuse. Just watch the pin on each side of the pf when lifting or putting back down, go slow, take your time and be careful. I've never scratched my mirror blades doing it that way. Don't be scar-de-cat.

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Thanks for the tips. Scar-de-cat is my middle name--is it that obvious?

Nah...your just green. It really is easy.

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Another shot of the firehouse installed, not finished yet.

As a suggestion, the 2 arch building structures above the 3 top windows, well how about recessing the building dedication date in the 3d printing process. I'm not sure how exactly they phrased that back in the old days but I know it had the date it was built. For this building I think something like maybe Firehouse on the left side then for the center block piece have #29 on it then on the right side maybe 1886. I think something like that would really add some character to the face of the building. What do ya think?

1 month later
1 month later
#356 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

a "bashtoy" idea to replace the right captive ball ? (because 2 captive balls in the same pin.. )

But then you'd have 2 bash toys.

1 month later
#359 7 years ago

That looks really good Tim but I wish it was more like the Premium and LE one with the rest of the building and the 2 lyon's on their stands on either side.

1 week later
#373 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Still in the works, but the Mezel's have partnered with Stern now and have to get approval from them.
They have mentioned that Stern is not exactly fast in this process.
They can't just churn out some mods like they used to.
Good or bad, this is the mod world we live in now.
The wild west was great while it lasted.

Don't need approval for my mod. And they look GREAT on GB.

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

He plugs his leg light ups in this thread and any other thread he may land in, which is all of them. I think we all know what he is talking about...lol

Should I not do that? It's just that sooo many have not heard of them.

4 weeks later
#384 7 years ago

This TOTALLY BLOWS!!! Sorry to see Stern is dictating HOW you sell your parts now Mez, I just want the Firehouse and slime covers, I don't want the bat toppers. Looks like I'm NOT gonna buy ANYTHING now. Sorry.

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Mezelmods has awesome mods. Lets support their hard work.

I WANT to but I'm NOT gonna parts that I'm not interested in. Sorry.

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

I get it. It can't hurt to email them and ask if they can sell parts separate. I have a feeling their 'kits' is designed to save money over buying each part by itself. They probably did it to save money in packing, shipping, and hopefully get additional sales of someone who says 'aww what the heck i'll buy it all'.

I get that there will always be people who want all of them but there A LOT of us who DON"T want all of them.

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Nope. This is the mod environment under Stern. Get used to it.

Yup and I for one am NOT gonna fall for it. TOTAL BS!!!

#401 7 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

"releasing our Ghostbusters Pinball Mezel Mods Kits via our website, Stern and their authorized distributors"
Just like how the prices are fixed on Stern pinball machines, I am sure these prices are going to be fixed, since Stern and authorized distributors are going to be carrying them, I am sure all have to have the same price, and the kits won't be split.
Also, Stern will need to get their cut, just like Rick with PPS items.

Yup. Stern wants their "cut" in one chunk, they don't want it dribbling in one or two mods at a time. Pretty F'd up if you ask me. I guess our money is no good when it's one or two mods at a time.

#409 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

I think we should be happy that we have quality products coming down the line. Have faith in mezelmods.

Oh we know Tim has quality products and stands behind them 110% and have plenty of faith in him, it's just Stern we have a problem with on this. Stern telling (???) him how to sell his products.

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

MezelMods has a new GB product!!!

Who are you tryin to kid....that's not Ghostbusters. hahahahahahahahahaha

#424 7 years ago

This whole think stinks. Sorry Stern but I'm out. I'll bet Tim is gettin screwed on his cut too and double shipping costs too or does Stern take the order and money then they contact Tim and he sends them out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.95
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 103.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.