IMG_1099 (resized).JPG
IMG_1100 (resized).JPG
IMG_2111 (resized).jpg
IMG_2105 (resized).jpg
1012161531b (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
Mood_Slime_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
19400-ghostbusters-stern-pinball-machine-playfield-library-3d-model_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

"releasing our Ghostbusters Pinball Mezel Mods Kits via our website, Stern and their authorized distributors"
Just like how the prices are fixed on Stern pinball machines, I am sure these prices are going to be fixed, since Stern and authorized distributors are going to be carrying them, I am sure all have to have the same price, and the kits won't be split.
Also, Stern will need to get their cut, just like Rick with PPS items.

Yup. Stern wants their "cut" in one chunk, they don't want it dribbling in one or two mods at a time. Pretty F'd up if you ask me. I guess our money is no good when it's one or two mods at a time.

#402 7 years ago

I don't normally like whining about menial stuff like this and respect Stern and Mezel Mods for the businesses they are running but this is a total CROCK OF SHIT!!! We have been patiently waiting for the firehouse mod to come out for months and to be forced to pay more money and buy more crap for the machine that we don't want in the first place is ridiculous!

The kit idea is not a bad one for those that want everything, but I am not one of those people that loads my games up with a ton of toys or mods that the games weren't originally designed with in the first place. I don't like the clutter.

But the firehouse was a very nice aesthetic improvement to the stock facade in the game and I think they would sell plenty of them if offered separately. $99 was a fair price - I have no qualms with that and would gladly pay it for the firehouse alone.

Stern/Mezel Mods - if you're reading, please consider this option - it would be great if you could offer a slightly different version of the firehouse without the GB sign up top (it's redundant to the one on the bottom anyways) and even take off the white GB banner as well if you want and then offer it separately. It gives people that want that stuff an incentive to buy the kit version but it also gives those of us a chance to purchase it without other stuff we don't want. It's a win-win for you.

Just please give us an option to buy the firehouse alone.

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

The quality mods that Mezel has is borderline copyright infringement if done without the license Stern has. It's not Stern that's controlled bullshit. It's the holder of the copyright...

So, Columbia pictures, not Stern is telling mezel to package this for sale or else? The generic library is ok but a generic firehouse shell is not. That makes sense. Bullshit.

#404 7 years ago

I guess im out all i wanted was the slime covers oh well no biggie mezel should have never partnered with stern / stern is pimping know tim does all the work but stern gets half the money

#405 7 years ago

I'll sell you my slime covers as I didn't really want them.

Now just need to find someone who would want those lame-ass flipper bats.

#406 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Ok cool pm sent

#407 7 years ago

I feel for Mezelmods as reckon this is a Stern control thing but not surprised by, hence why I think all modders should do their own thing or a collective group through one outlet that is not the the pinball manufacturer.

I am struggling to see why the firehouse is licensed if you take the sign away, as it really is so out of scale to the real thing but it is a great enhancement of what every ghostbusters fan knows.

Break away from Stern Mezelmods, they are not doing you any favours.

#408 7 years ago

I think we should be happy that we have quality products coming down the line. Have faith in mezelmods.

#409 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

I think we should be happy that we have quality products coming down the line. Have faith in mezelmods.

Oh we know Tim has quality products and stands behind them 110% and have plenty of faith in him, it's just Stern we have a problem with on this. Stern telling (???) him how to sell his products.

#410 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Happy is the farthest thing from my mind when I read what is going on.
I knew awhile back they would be doing bundle pricing and I was all for it.
But at the expense of single items. No way does this get my happy vote.

#411 7 years ago

Its is odd in that you cant claim copyright on the fire house being its a classic firehouse not gb specific. These seem to be more labor intensive being they print them paint them.

#412 7 years ago

We are taking in all your feedback and comments on the product kits we are launching with Stern. Will use this information to make the best decisions possible going forward.
I did find two errors in the email we sent out. The pricing on Kit #2 should have stated $129, discounted from $164. Second, the product links were not the permanent links. The proper links are below.
Kit #1 http://bit.ly/gbkitone
Kit #2 http://bit.ly/gbkittwo

#413 7 years ago

Still would like to just buy the firehouse but I could live with 129.

#414 7 years ago

So when does this go "live" ?

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

So when does this go "live" ?

Likely to launch sometime this week it looks like.

#417 7 years ago

MezelMods has a new GB product!!!

IMG_1100 (resized).JPGIMG_1100 (resized).JPG

#418 7 years ago

Stern is controlling the price and packaging?

IMG_1099 (resized).JPGIMG_1099 (resized).JPG

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

MezelMods has a new GB product!!!

Who are you tryin to kid....that's not Ghostbusters. hahahahahahahahahaha

#420 7 years ago

its complete BS.. waited months for the PKE mod. To find out now I need to buy a lot of crap also to get it. uhh thnx but no thnx.
Any other PKE mods out there ?

#421 7 years ago

Just an FYI

Sent an email to Tim. These will only be available through Stern via there website

I quess I will be ordering the 129.00 dollar package when available

#422 7 years ago

If anyone is buying a kit just to get the slimer cover and flipper bats, I will buy your Firehouse. lol
See how silly that sounds.

#423 7 years ago

That's a shame...

#424 7 years ago

This whole think stinks. Sorry Stern but I'm out. I'll bet Tim is gettin screwed on his cut too and double shipping costs too or does Stern take the order and money then they contact Tim and he sends them out.

#425 7 years ago

Are these ready to order. If so where

#426 7 years ago

Anybody get word on this yet

#427 7 years ago

This is a shame it's only packaged in a kit because I was interested in only the slime cover. But smart really as they'll be getting a lot more of my money. I would have purchased the PKE lights but it took so long to be released. Already installed a PKE mirror from Little Shop of Games and it was such a pain to install (due to Stern not LSOG) that there is no way I'm replacing it.

#428 7 years ago

So some clarification is needed. are these going to be available thru stern site/dist only? Or is Mezelmods going to have them also? Just want to know if I need to call my distributor or not?
Magicchiz

#430 7 years ago
#431 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

:0( Don't forget about the humans who designed those products when sharing your feedback.

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

So some clarification is needed. are these going to be available thru stern site/dist only? Or is Mezelmods going to have them also? Just want to know if I need to call my distributor or not?
Magicchiz

We have these available in very limited quantities on our site. They will also be available from Stern and their distributors in the coming days/weeks.

#433 7 years ago

Ordered and done.
Magicchiz

#434 7 years ago

The mods look fantastic. Yeah, the bundles are a hassle, but they are far and away the best of the Ghostbusters mod bunch. Great details and colors.

#435 7 years ago

Too expensive for me to be being full kits, especially when I only want one or two of the mods that comes in the kits.

Oh well, I will have to wait and see what other mods are made elsewhere..

#436 7 years ago

I have a badly ghosted playfield and the inserts by the magna slings sunk. holding off on modding until I get replacement playfield. kinda sucks but I see many nice mods being made for gb. looking forward to the day I can begin mods.

#437 7 years ago

Ordered and only 3 dollars ground shipping

#438 7 years ago

Ugh..... I'll buy things but not in a kit like this....

#439 7 years ago

I think they realize this now but the deal was made months ago with stern from what I was told.

100 bucks for f house
Usually 10 bucks shipping

Oh well it cost me an extra 23 for the other two at 132 shipped

#440 7 years ago

Well now I read the ad on mezel mods site and it says 1 to 2 weeks shipping due to manufacture. Wouldn't that be done before putting them up for sale? Weird!
I hope they are shipping from mezelmods and not stern or we will have to wait some more.
Magicchiz

#441 7 years ago

Not sure where your seeing that on kit 2 ?

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

We have these available in very limited quantities on our site. They will also be available from Stern and their distributors in the coming days/weeks.

Mrs_Mezelmods, Q: my order is placed. Are we looking at a 2 week lag time or are there a limited number of units available now?

#443 7 years ago

From what it looks like there is only lag time on kit 1 as its states. Would love to have in time for Christmas It now looks like kit two is sold out..... Glad I ordered mine at 10:01 right after the 10:00 oclock email

#444 7 years ago

Thanks for the heads up, I ordered my Kit # 2 early this afternoon. Anybody want to buy the flipper toppers ? Slime covers are spoken for.

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Thanks for the heads up, I ordered my Kit # 2 early this afternoon. Anybody want to buy the flipper toppers ? Slime covers are spoken for.

Pm sent

#446 7 years ago

Now where is the walking stay puff

#447 7 years ago

If anyone wants to offer up their GB Flipper Toppers, let me know. Looking to get a set...

#448 7 years ago

I'll have a set of slime covers for sale. $25 shipped in the US. PM me to set something up if you're interested.

#449 7 years ago

great work on the firehouse. it looks amazing. if you are doing a kit i would like a kit of the firehouse with the library. i am not sure why everyone is producing slime as a mod. not very appealing. maybe a smaller package of 2 items. The firehouse and the person gets to choose the other item.

#450 7 years ago

Everyone wants the Firehouse.
To anyone who ordered package #1 ...
Q: Which item prompted you to upgrade to pack-1? ** The Ghost Trap or the PKE ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

15,699 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.