Topic Stats

• 527 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mrs_mezelmods
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 73 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0631 (resized).JPG
IMG_2757.JPG
IMG_3647[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG
IMG_1100 (resized).JPG
IMG_2111 (resized).jpg
IMG_2105 (resized).jpg
1012161531b (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
Mood_Slime_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
19400-ghostbusters-stern-pinball-machine-playfield-library-3d-model_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Whatever happened to the 3D Firehouse mod?
Been awhile since "The final touches" post.

They may be building inventory...I'm certain depending on the number of 3D printers he has, it takes plenty of time to make and paint them all. I'm anxious to get my hands on a few of his mods too... They'll come, we just have to wait a wee bit longer.

#352 3 years ago

I checked with Ms. Mezel and she told me they were just waiting for the final okay from Stern to start selling the mod. I asked, but no price was given yet. The woman holds her secrets good!

#353 3 years ago

I just painted a bunch of Mezel 3 D printed parts recently for them as testers. I painted the firehouse and added some custom painted details on it. Lets see if they like everything I did.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I just painted a bunch of Mezel 3 D printed parts recently for them as testers. I painted the firehouse and added some custom painted details on it. Lets see if they like everything I did.

Awesome.
You did a fantastic job on my Addams Family chair and Thing hand.
Can't wait to see the Firehouse.

2 weeks later
#355 3 years ago

a "bashtoy" idea to replace the right captive ball ? (because 2 captive balls in the same pin.. )

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

a "bashtoy" idea to replace the right captive ball ? (because 2 captive balls in the same pin.. )

But then you'd have 2 bash toys.

#357 3 years ago

yep...

i was thinking about book stacking made with 3D printers, but Yoyo (salut à toi) told me it will not be good enough (in quality for a bashtoy) & surelly breaks quickly

1 month later
#359 3 years ago

That looks really good Tim but I wish it was more like the Premium and LE one with the rest of the building and the 2 lyon's on their stands on either side.

#360 3 years ago

That slime on the spot light stole the show tim

#361 3 years ago

Bump,Delta9! Shoot The Moon in Alameda in 2 weeks !!

#362 3 years ago

Is anybody gonna make the proton beams??? what the hell.....

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Is anybody gonna make the proton beams??? what the hell.....

Like these? Just waiting to get my premium to fit it in. Will have a few other mods, just waiting on my game.

1012161531b (resized).jpg

IMG_2105 (resized).jpg

IMG_2111 (resized).jpg

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Like these? Just waiting to get my premium to fit it in. Will have a few other mods, just waiting on my game.

Whoa!
Me want.

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Yes...something along those lines.

1 week later
#366 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

That slime on the spot light stole the show tim

Agreed! I'd love to see spotlight covers for other games, they would be a great little mod

#367 3 years ago

What's going on with Stay-Puft?

#368 3 years ago

That's the one I'm waiting for too. That stay puff walking mod seems really bad ass

#369 3 years ago

I'm still diligently working Stay Puft. Gotta a make sure it is reliable.

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I'm still diligently working Stay Puft. Gotta a make sure it is reliable.

Glad to hear it. You have about 3 "coming soon" items I'd love to have.

#371 3 years ago

What happened to the fire house mod?

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

What happened to the fire house mod?

Still in the works, but the Mezel's have partnered with Stern now and have to get approval from them.
They have mentioned that Stern is not exactly fast in this process.
They can't just churn out some mods like they used to.
Good or bad, this is the mod world we live in now.
The wild west was great while it lasted.

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Still in the works, but the Mezel's have partnered with Stern now and have to get approval from them.
They have mentioned that Stern is not exactly fast in this process.
They can't just churn out some mods like they used to.
Good or bad, this is the mod world we live in now.
The wild west was great while it lasted.

Don't need approval for my mod. And they look GREAT on GB.

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Don't need approval for my mod. And they look GREAT on GB.

I honestly have no idea what your talking about Paul

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I honestly have no idea what your talking about Paul

He plugs his leg light ups in this thread and any other thread he may land in, which is all of them. I think we all know what he is talking about...lol

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

He plugs his leg light ups in this thread and any other thread he may land in, which is all of them. I think we all know what he is talking about...lol

Should I not do that? It's just that sooo many have not heard of them.

4 weeks later
#377 3 years ago

If anyone is interested in buying the new mod kit #1 and selling off the PKE illumination, please message me. I'd buy the PKE but don't want the rest. Thanks.

Added over 4 years ago: No longer looking, found a match.

#378 3 years ago

Whens that firehouse mod coming T Mezel !!!

#379 3 years ago

For anyone that didn't get the e-mail, it's below. I'll be the first to say I am extremely disappointed with this option linked with Stern. Selling mods as groups without options to buy individual ones. Just crappy in my opinion. Mezel you were one of my favorites for creative, inexpensive and awesome mods. Now we are getting higher prices and forced to buy them in groups with Stern involved. Too bad, all I can say.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You are receiving this email because you signed up for email notification for Ghostbusters Pinball mods (PKE Illumination and Slime Covers).

Next week, we will be releasing our Ghostbusters Pinball Mezel Mods Kits via our website, Stern and their authorized distributors. We wanted to be sure you had advance notification of the announcement since you signed up for email notification of product availability. Originally, we planned to offer these products individually (hence the coming soon listings) however that plan has changed.

In partnership with Stern, we have decided to offer these items alongside licensed pieces in two product kits. The kit concept will allow us to be more efficient in our distribution as well as give our customers a great deal. Products will not be for sale individually.

We will be removing the listings for the individual products soon and replacing them with the kit listings. Please be sure to sign up for email notification for when the products go live. We will have limited initial quantities on our site, but Stern and their official distributors will have stock in the coming days.

Kit #1, retail $299 http://bit.ly/gbkitone
Firehouse ($99)- detailed facade that snaps on top of stock Firehouse
Illuminated Ghost Trap ($119)- realistic replica that illuminates interactively with the gameplay
Slime Cover Set ($35)- one Slimer cover and two spotlight covers that snap in place
PKE Illumination ($99)- illumination kit that makes PKE inserts visible during gameplay
Who Ya Gonna Call Flipper Bats ($30)- licensed artwork with three-dimensional print on high-quality flexible acrylic

Kit #2, retail $164 http://bit.ly/gbkittwo
Firehouse ($99)- detailed facade that snaps on top of stock Firehouse
Slime Cover Set ($35)- one Slimer cover and two spotlight covers that snap in place
Who Ya Gonna Call Flipper Bats ($30)- licensed artwork with three-dimensional print on high-quality flexible acrylic

#380 3 years ago

What a fkn joke. I already have flipper bat tops so I gotta pay almost 175 buck for the firehouse and some green plastic w/shipping.

I would gladly pay 99 dollars for the firehouse but this is crazy.

I'll take my buisness somewhere else. Pure greed !!!!

#381 3 years ago

This is Stern controlled bullshit. Mezel can sell a library by itself not a firehouse?

#382 3 years ago

Man, this is a real bummer. Of those particular mods, I'm only interested in the firehouse and the PKE lights, and the only kit that has both is the $299 one. I have zero interest in the slime, already have flipper bat covers, and I've got my Ecto 1 mounted over the right ramp - so I have no need for the ghost trap.

On the bright side, it looks like I just saved $300. Perhaps my Scared Stiff has a color DMD in its future...

Here's hoping the motorized Stay Puft mod winds up being a standalone option.

#383 3 years ago

Omg. That is crazy if true.
I love the Mezels to death but Stern has now ruined everything.
I have had money in hand for my Firehouse for months on end.
But no way do I want it bad enough to be forced to get stuff I don't want for more money.
Arrrrrrrgh.

#384 3 years ago

This TOTALLY BLOWS!!! Sorry to see Stern is dictating HOW you sell your parts now Mez, I just want the Firehouse and slime covers, I don't want the bat toppers. Looks like I'm NOT gonna buy ANYTHING now. Sorry.

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

This is Stern controlled bullshit. Mezel can sell a library by itself not a firehouse?

The quality mods that Mezel has is borderline copyright infringement if done without the license Stern has. It's not Stern that's controlled bullshit. It's the holder of the copyright...

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry to see Stern is dictating HOW you sell your parts now Mez, I just want the Firehouse and slime covers, I don't want the bat toppers. Looks like I'm NOT gonna buy ANYTHING now. Sorry.

The quality mods that Mezel has is borderline copyright infringement if done without the license Stern has. It's not Stern that's controlled bullshit. It's the holder of the copyright...

#387 3 years ago

Mezelmods has awesome mods. Lets support their hard work.

#388 3 years ago

Maybe Tim can chime in...... as it seems now many sales will be lost because of this new purchase policy

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Maybe Tim can chime in...... as it seems now many sales will be lost because of this new purchase policy

I have faith they will start selling parts separate of a given kit.

#390 3 years ago

their mods are awesome for the game!

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Mezelmods has awesome mods. Lets support their hard work.

I WANT to but I'm NOT gonna parts that I'm not interested in. Sorry.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I WANT to but I'm NOT gonna parts that I'm not interested in. Sorry.

I get it. It can't hurt to email them and ask if they can sell parts separate. I have a feeling their 'kits' is designed to save money over buying each part by itself. They probably did it to save money in packing, shipping, and hopefully get additional sales of someone who says 'aww what the heck i'll buy it all'.

#393 3 years ago

I don't think anyone here is knocking the quality of their work or the fact that they seem like very cool people. I've had nothing but solid transactions with them, and I'll happily buy from them again in the future. My frustration is 100% directed at Stern, not Mezel.

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Nope. This is the mod environment under Stern. Get used to it.

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

I get it. It can't hurt to email them and ask if they can sell parts separate. I have a feeling their 'kits' is designed to save money over buying each part by itself. They probably did it to save money in packing, shipping, and hopefully get additional sales of someone who says 'aww what the heck i'll buy it all'.

I get that there will always be people who want all of them but there A LOT of us who DON"T want all of them.

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Nope. This is the mod environment under Stern. Get used to it.

Yup and I for one am NOT gonna fall for it. TOTAL BS!!!

#397 3 years ago

I generally agree that the combo package idea stinks but as most would agree, $ 99 seems fair for the firehouse and I WANT ONE. Can do without the slime covers and flipper bats and would offer them up for half price to anyone that would want them. Still hoping that the firehouse can be bought separate.

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Obviously some of it is a grey area -- hard to believe "P", "K", and "E" LEDs would be violating, as well as slime (by itself), a brick façade -- though I certainly get with some obvious trademarks / logos like a sign on the façade or ghost trap could be violating. Speaking of which, I'm curious how interactive the ghost trap is -- that sounds pretty cool.

Anyway, I think the LAME part is the forced bundling as there's no real logical reason for it other than a money grab.

#399 3 years ago

Have been waiting patiently for months for the firehouse and now I need to buy it as part of a kit...don't think so. So sick of Stern's greed, wish Tim never had to make a deal with the devil.

#400 3 years ago

"releasing our Ghostbusters Pinball Mezel Mods Kits via our website, Stern and their authorized distributors"

Just like how the prices are fixed on Stern pinball machines, I am sure these prices are going to be fixed, since Stern and authorized distributors are going to be carrying them, I am sure all have to have the same price, and the kits won't be split.

Also, Stern will need to get their cut, just like Rick with PPS items.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,900 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
San Antonio, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York, NY
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside