IMG_1099 (resized).JPG
IMG_1100 (resized).JPG
IMG_2111 (resized).jpg
IMG_2105 (resized).jpg
1012161531b (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
Mood_Slime_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
19400-ghostbusters-stern-pinball-machine-playfield-library-3d-model_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 8 years ago

Running various yellow/orange wires in a straight line from top to bottom but haphazardly with blue/purple wires wrapped around again haphazard so it doesn't all look neat could be a great way of getting it to look like a proton stream at least from all angles and have the ends come together to hide the black box? Just throwing it out there.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I like this concept a lot and there's plenty that can be done with the configuration of the "streams" but something needs to be done with that black plate, even if it's just a decal...

Don't worry about the black plate, I got that one covered. Lol.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Don't worry about the black plate, I got that one covered. Lol.

lol, nice one. Excellent, news!

#54 8 years ago

Looking to make this guy light up!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#55 8 years ago

I too am down for colored slime balls and getting rid of/modding the black slimmer plate/housing.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Looking to make this guy light up!

image_(resized).jpeg

I'll take one. I volunteer to be the tester

Nice job playing the pro the other day btw. Looked like a blast

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

I'll take one. I volunteer to be the tester
Nice job playing the pro the other day btw. Looked like a blast

If I can get it to work, folks can buy their own car and we will supply the light kit. I probably got about 40 games in a row on that machine. Fun, fast, a real players game. Flipper gap is brutal, I think just a 1/4 inch different. Its always good to have something to blame.

#58 8 years ago

Definitely make the vehicle mod. The pin would feel so empty without the iconic car on the playfield lighting up or interacting somehow. Get to work man!!

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Definitely make the vehicle mod. The pin would feel so empty without the iconic car on the playfield lighting up or interacting somehow. Get to work man!!

That car is 14 x 5 inches, I have another smaller one that will fit on the playfield.

#60 8 years ago

Don't we know if we need a additional 2 colored balles for the library newton yet?

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Don't we know if we need a additional 2 colored balles for the library newton yet?

You need the 3 green ones and 1 blue or pink. We cant replace the front one, it's caged.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

That car is 14 x 5 inches, I have another smaller one that will fit on the playfield.

Sweet! Put Indypin down for one when ready. Thanks Mr. Mezel.

#63 8 years ago

I want one that fits on the PF.

James Lewis

#64 8 years ago

There's a Hotwheels version that can fit on the pf for sure

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

There's a Hotwheels version that can fit on the pf for sure

You bet, ordered lights today. It's a nice model.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

You need the 3 green ones and 1 blue or pink. We cant replace the front one, it's caged.

How come you can't replace the caged one. Normally it's just 2 lock nuts under the playfeild to loosen off the wire bracket above the caged ball and it rolls right out. Or did stern change there newton ball setup on this game?

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/flipper-components/miscellaneous/6200/stern-newton-ball-assembly-535-9522-00

detail-1_(resized).jpgdetail-1_(resized).jpg
detail_(resized).jpgdetail_(resized).jpg

Stern Newton Ball Assembly

Used on several Stern pinball machines

Assembly with captive ball replaces the square block under the hammer on Metallica Premium and LE

Set contains:
Retention wire form (Ref. Part no.: 535-9523-00)
Mounting plate (Ref. Part no.: 535-9522-00)
Premium pinball
3 Washers
3 Locknuts

#67 8 years ago

This might help, Tim

I messed with this too...for myself, and found it OK, but the low profile meant that it should be angled
as a topper to be seen...not too bad, a great model, and lots of cool things that you might do.....

Art

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

How come you can't replace the caged one. Normally it's just 2 lock nuts under the playfeild to loosen off the wire bracket above the caged ball and it rolls right out. Or did stern change there newton ball setup on this game?
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/flipper-components/miscellaneous/6200/stern-newton-ball-assembly-535-9522-00
detail-1_(resized).jpg
detail_(resized).jpg
Stern Newton Ball Assembly
Used on several Stern pinball machines
Assembly with captive ball replaces the square block under the hammer on Metallica Premium and LE
Set contains:
Retention wire form (Ref. Part no.: 535-9523-00)
Mounting plate (Ref. Part no.: 535-9522-00)
Premium pinball
3 Washers
3 Locknuts

Did not know it came apart. Will definitely tear mine apart and do some testing.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

This might help, Tim
» YouTube video
I messed with this too...for myself, and found it OK, but the low profile meant that it should be angled
as a topper to be seen...not too bad, a great model, and lots of cool things that you might do.....
Art

Very cool Art, nice work. We plan on raising it for the top.

#70 8 years ago

Not mine....Im not that talented...just a good visual of what someone has done...
With the right trips....might be pretty cool!

Good luck! like the stuff you are working on!

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not mine....Im not that talented...just a good visual of what someone has done...
With the right trips....might be pretty cool!
Good luck! like the stuff you are working on!

A certain lady from MEZELmods is calling you Monday...

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

This might help, Tim
» YouTube video
Art

Now that's a topper, if it could be interactive with the game it would be too cool!

#73 8 years ago

Some great looking mods. Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

#74 8 years ago

Making some progress.

IMG_0155_(resized).JPGIMG_0155_(resized).JPG

IMG_0154_(resized).JPGIMG_0154_(resized).JPG

#77 8 years ago

Cool which model have you used for the small ecto? Hallmark or Hotwheels?

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

And these.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

I have to say I'm really liking that little one... but where would it go with all of your other mods? To date I think I would like all of the ones you've listed, ugh my poor bank account!

#79 8 years ago

Are you developing a mod w/ Stern to put for what was going to be installed in the outer lane holes on the Premium and LE but was cost cut?

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Are you developing a mod w/ Stern to put for what was going to be installed in the outer lane holes on the Premium and LE but was cost cut?

Not at this point.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I have to say I'm really liking that little one... but where would it go with all of your other mods? To date I think I would like all of the ones you've listed, ugh my poor bank account!

This one is easy, by the city, some of the other mods are more challenging due to size needed.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Not at this point.

Not sure if you know or could answer but.... Any word on whether Stern is going to do something themselves?

#83 8 years ago

<----------Sending a check in to help pay for the Little Mezel's college fund.

#84 8 years ago

I saw on Tim's web site that the art blades are already sold out?

1 week later
#85 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I saw on Tim's web site that the art blades are already sold out?

If you go to our product page and you sign up with your email to be notified when we get them in stock.

#86 7 years ago

Need to do some test fitting

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

If you go to our product page and you sign up with your email to be notified when we get them in stock.

Just signed up

#88 7 years ago

Did you pull apart your captive ball assembly yet?

#89 7 years ago

What's up with the ecto-1 car mod? I want to be on the list Tim! Small one in your hand....

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Did you pull apart your captive ball assembly yet?

I will do it tonight and take some video.

#91 7 years ago

Sorry for the delay, 4 balls in the captive area, replaced the Newton with a glo-ball also. Video witching the hour. I promise.

#92 7 years ago

Lit up scoop.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Sorry for the delay, 4 balls in the captive area, replaced the Newton with a glo-ball also. Video witching the hour. I promise.

image_(resized).jpeg

I was sure it would work. Thanks for testing. Does the glow newton ball transfer energy as well as the steel one? Like still the same force to hit the other 3 balls into the upper lock?

#94 7 years ago

Are you gonna change the other one out too? If you do can you post a pic. might buy a set of 6.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I was sure it would work. Thanks for testing. Does the glow newton ball transfer energy as well as the steel one? Like still the same to hit the other 3 balls into the upper lock?

Because they are slightly lighter, I think it is not a noticeable difference. Direct hits always work, a glancing one, 50/50, but I also saw that with the metal balls. Kristin will give the folks an option to buy the set of three or four green ones. I will do the other Newton mech tomorrow.

#96 7 years ago

looks awsome.

#97 7 years ago

Damn, would have bought 4 green and 2 pink instead of 3 and 1. Oh well, I'll just place another order.

#98 7 years ago

Video of the green glo-balls. These are flipper shots, I kept putting them down the inlane.

#99 7 years ago

already bought a set of 4 think im going to buy another green and pink now and have the pink ball as the first ball in both captives.

#100 7 years ago

After more testing today, I think it is a better idea to only use the 3, I am thinking the 4 may be noticeable to some players.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 103.00
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 527 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.