• Ghostbusters 36 votes
    18%

(198 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

I said donut flavored tequila pig-hear me now (resized).jpg
Love walks then runs in (resized).jpg
Whaddya mean 4 lock box (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lemank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have the opportunity for my first nib and I am choosing between these 3. What are pros, cons of each game? These would all be pro models.

#5 7 years ago

I've played gb a little but and it seems deep. I know met is tough to complete and got I have only played once. The two I am torn with are met and gb but a lot of people like got and it has a bunch of modes to beat which I like.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Metallica pros: lyman sheats. exellent integration, artwork, sounds, music. Overall it's a great total package
Metallica Cons: rules can be repetitive in home environment. Lots of bashing of X making it a bit of a grind.
Metallica summary: MET is the overall package whether you buy pro or prem. It would make a perfect first nib but I do question it's longevity in small lineups and/or with good players.
GOT pros: ruleset and design hit on so many levels. Tons of breadth which has all sorts of scoring and strategy opportunities. Lots of big risk/reward jackpots to be had in this game. Good mixture of short and medium ball times. Excellent incorporation of combo and playfield muktipliers. Rory McCann (the hound) has killer call outs.
GOT cons: not necessarily a con, but its not a story based game, this is a players game. Missing critical sound queues for big jackpots (HotK hurry up SJP and WHC super jp to be more precise). Pro is one ugly machine (must buy an alt translite. Code needs bugs polish and fixes. This pin is not everyone's cup of tea - make sure you understand it before a purchase.
GOT summary: if you get past the artwork and learn the multiplier rules, the game is one of sterns best. I prefer the pro over the prem. Tough choice for a first nib though as it doesn't have that total package that metallica does - unless you're a player looking for strategy and adrenalin over anything else.
GB Pros: I don't like the pro version and prefer the LE. Magna slings and LE right ramp are awesome. Dmd, sounds, and music are some of the best. Except who brought the dog. Art package is amazing
GB cons: tough brutal game. Scoring seems awkwaRd and imbalanced but could be me. Playfield quality issues.
GB summary: excellent game but verdict is still out on longevity in home use

#14 7 years ago

That pros and cons were very helpful. Thank you. Have me some good info.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lemank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-got-or-metallica?tu=Lemank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.