• Ghostbusters 36 votes
    18%

(198 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

I said donut flavored tequila pig-hear me now (resized).jpg
Love walks then runs in (resized).jpg
Whaddya mean 4 lock box (resized).jpg
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I have the opportunity for my first nib and I am choosing between these 3. What are pros, cons of each game? These would all be pro models.

#2 7 years ago

I've played all 3 pros. I liked met the best by far.

#3 7 years ago

i had the same choice and picked met pro for my first nib
excellent game

#4 7 years ago

MET and it's not even close.

#5 7 years ago

I've played gb a little but and it seems deep. I know met is tough to complete and got I have only played once. The two I am torn with are met and gb but a lot of people like got and it has a bunch of modes to beat which I like.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

MET and it's not even close.

Met but it is close - Thrones is a good game with excellent software.

#7 7 years ago

Metallica pros: lyman sheats. exellent integration, artwork, sounds, music. Overall it's a great total package

Metallica Cons: rules can be repetitive in home environment. Lots of bashing of X making it a bit of a grind.

Metallica summary: MET is the overall package whether you buy pro or prem. It would make a perfect first nib but I do question it's longevity in small lineups and/or with good players.

GOT pros: ruleset and design hit on so many levels. Tons of breadth which has all sorts of scoring and strategy opportunities. Lots of big risk/reward jackpots to be had in this game. Good mixture of short and medium ball times. Excellent incorporation of combo and playfield muktipliers. Rory McCann (the hound) has killer call outs.

GOT cons: not necessarily a con, but its not a story based game, this is a players game. Missing critical sound queues for big jackpots (HotK hurry up SJP and WHC super jp to be more precise). Pro is one ugly machine (must buy an alt translite. Code needs bugs polish and fixes. This pin is not everyone's cup of tea - make sure you understand it before a purchase.

GOT summary: if you get past the artwork and learn the multiplier rules, the game is one of sterns best. I prefer the pro over the prem. Tough choice for a first nib though as it doesn't have that total package that metallica does - unless you're a player looking for strategy and adrenalin over anything else.

GB Pros: I don't like the pro version and prefer the LE. Magna slings and LE right ramp are awesome. Dmd, sounds, and music are some of the best. Except who brought the dog. Art package is amazing

GB cons: tough brutal game. Scoring seems awkwaRd and imbalanced but could be me. Playfield quality issues.

GB summary: excellent game but verdict is still out on longevity in home use

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Met but it is close - Thrones is a good game with excellent software.

Nah. It's kinda like a Hellcat and a Corvette....
Wait...
Tell em Sammy...
Whaddya mean 4 lock box (resized).jpgWhaddya mean 4 lock box (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Nah. It's kinda like a Hellcat and a Corvette....
Wait...
Tell em Sammy...

Jesus, every time I post now Love Walks In.

#11 7 years ago

I think you need to go play all three and decide for yourself. I dont know why but i dont really like MET that much, but most people love it. Im a big music fan but not a fan of music pins really, except AC DC maybe, thats a cool machine. For me it would be GB, GOT a close 2nd, and MET. If its possible I would play all three machines and decide for yourself. They are all 3 good machines and have sold very well.

#12 7 years ago

Love walks then runs in (resized).jpgLove walks then runs in (resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Metallica pros: lyman sheats. exellent integration, artwork, sounds, music. Overall it's a great total package
Metallica Cons: rules can be repetitive in home environment. Lots of bashing of X making it a bit of a grind.
Metallica summary: MET is the overall package whether you buy pro or prem. It would make a perfect first nib but I do question it's longevity in small lineups and/or with good players.
GOT pros: ruleset and design hit on so many levels. Tons of breadth which has all sorts of scoring and strategy opportunities. Lots of big risk/reward jackpots to be had in this game. Good mixture of short and medium ball times. Excellent incorporation of combo and playfield muktipliers. Rory McCann (the hound) has killer call outs.
GOT cons: not necessarily a con, but its not a story based game, this is a players game. Missing critical sound queues for big jackpots (HotK hurry up SJP and WHC super jp to be more precise). Pro is one ugly machine (must buy an alt translite. Code needs bugs polish and fixes. This pin is not everyone's cup of tea - make sure you understand it before a purchase.
GOT summary: if you get past the artwork and learn the multiplier rules, the game is one of sterns best. I prefer the pro over the prem. Tough choice for a first nib though as it doesn't have that total package that metallica does - unless you're a player looking for strategy and adrenalin over anything else.
GB Pros: I don't like the pro version and prefer the LE. Magna slings and LE right ramp are awesome. Dmd, sounds, and music are some of the best. Except who brought the dog. Art package is amazing
GB cons: tough brutal game. Scoring seems awkwaRd and imbalanced but could be me. Playfield quality issues.

#14 7 years ago

That pros and cons were very helpful. Thank you. Have me some good info.

#15 7 years ago

Metallica gets the most play at my house in the last 6 months by far!!
Just a great integration of theme, art, music and gameplay.
It won't get old fast IMHO

#16 7 years ago

Disclaimer I have only played Met Pro and GOT Premium, so can't comment on GB at all Before I played GOT I thought maybe my next pin would be Met Pro, I have heard the hammer isn't worth the premium, so as a pro it is a good package. Plus I like the music, art package, and layout.

I played GOT recently and really liked it. Would I like the pro as much without the premium's better dragon (I don't know)? My opinion is GOT would be better in a small collection due to rules and modes. Also, for me it is a more kid friendly theme even though they can't watch the shows. The only reason I say that is because is because if you don't know the show, like my kids, it is just a kings and knights theme.

Both are nice bright games, which I love.

#17 7 years ago

There's only one way to rock dude...MET.
Or this guy.
Ok, so there's two ways to rock.
I said donut flavored tequila pig-hear me now (resized).jpgI said donut flavored tequila pig-hear me now (resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago

I own all 3 and they are each a completely different beast. You can't go wrong with any of them to be honest. Guess it all depends on your mood when you are ready to play as to which is the "best" choice. Met is finished code wise but people are still waiting on code for the other 2, take that into consideration.

#19 7 years ago

Wow, some great write ups here. SKB really nailed all the games.

I personally don't like GB Pro. However, I have gotten some play time on the LE and it isn't half bad. It shoots better than the Pro. However, it still has some glaring flaws. So I take GB out of the running.

GOT and MET are tougher. However...

MET has it going on (both Pro and LE/Prem). It's a great game. Sure, there is a lot of bashing, and eventually that gets tiring. Constantly need more coffin shots to get to CIU. However, it is still wonderful. The risk reward of CIU is always fun, and you feel like an idiot when you drain after continuing in CIU. Plus, bash your way into multiballs. So the game can be played different ways, and that is always a bonus. Just clip Sparky all day and you will still have a blast.

GOT is also a great game, but only the Pro in my eyes. I know people with the LE/Prem, and I've played them a bunch. The Pro just has the continuous flow that gets me going. You have to think really fast about your next shot, and strategy is a must. Do you take the shot, or multiply off the combo for bigger points. Do you multiply the playfield, the shot, or just close it out with the jackpot. There is something about the rules that just sings. It may look barren and cheap, but the game has "it".

So it is hard for me to choose between those two (MET or GOT). They are both great, so whichever way you go, you will win.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

There is something about the rules that just sings. It may look barren and cheap, but the game has "it".

This is so true about GOT and also why so many people write it off so quickly because it doesn't give off a good first impression. I wrote it off early too and It wasn't until I really understood the rules, combos, and multipliers til I really respected the pin.

#21 7 years ago

I really didn't like GOT at first. I've been trying to warm up to it and it's moved up to just okay. Granted, I don't really get the rules but it's hard to move past the layout. Nothing is really all that exciting or interactive. Someone compared it to No Fear and that's pretty accurate to me, at least on the surface. Fun to shot around but nothing too exciting. If I have to study the rules to make a game fun then that is a negative, not a positive.

GB was kind of the opposite. I really loved it at first. Tons of shots, great toys, great art, and fun theme. However, the more I played it the more frustrating it got. Lots of drains, unbalanced scoring, and just feels like it is full of little flaws. Different pros I played all seem to have issues. Things like the right ramp just don't work on the pro. I'm still waiting to play a premium to see how it compares. Sounds like it is a much better playing experience.

MET is the sweet spot for me. Everything is balanced really well and just flat out fun to play. Animations, artwork, and code are all top notch and feels like complete, well thought out pin. I'm not a big fan of the music but it all works really well as a package. Gameplay is challenging but not brutal. Anyone can figure out the basics like bash the different things for multiballs. It does get repetitive at times going for the same things over and over but not really. Game shines when you start getting multiple things going at the same time.

#22 7 years ago

Metallica Pro is the way to go and would be my first choice. I also do not care for GOT LE/Premium with upper playfield and orbit issues- pro is the way to go. As for Ghostbusters I think the LE/Premium is the way to go with better game play. Pro v.s. LE/Premium should be a consideration as well.

#23 7 years ago

Go MET not meh.

#24 7 years ago

Metallica!

GOT is so rinse and repeat. just hit the light lock then hit center ramp x3, start blackwater with 2 modes, bash battering ram to get up your multiplier, hit all the shots, score 500mil-1bil per multiball... do again over and over each ball. just no fun after awhile.

Ghostbusters is cool but Metallica is a way better game at this point.

#25 7 years ago

I agree with all the others. You can never go wrong with Metallica!

#26 7 years ago

Tough choice. All good in their own ways. If you like modes GOT and GB are way more mode based with multiballs you carry in to complete the tougher modes to get to wizards/mini wizards. Metallica plays a bit differently in that respect. Im not a metallica fan so I want the music to go away sometimes but the gameplay is really nice. We have GB and I cant play enough but im sure I'd play the crap out of GOT and MET as well if I owned them.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well said, SKB. Lemank, ^^this^^ is basically all you need to know - without playing them yourself.

That said, my advice is to try and play the hell out of all three prior to purchasing. Your opinion is the only one that matters at the end of the day.

#28 7 years ago

MetallicA by 2 miles !

#29 7 years ago

Tough betwixed GOT & MET...both awesome games I;ve owned. Met is certain(t)ly more complete and 100& done. GOT is a little more shabby around the edges but gameplay is great. Audio and things like that aren;t as baked at MET, but then again you don;t have to listen to the dudes from Metallica or the music...so there's trade-offs.

GB is another game I owned

#30 7 years ago

I do not like Met music at all but it is the best player and overall code of the 3. GB needs to be a prem. Got is not that much fun at all.

#31 7 years ago

Met is a wonderful game with great flow and art. The ramps return to the flipper, sparky has a magnet to help not drain SDTM.. I found myself playing for way longer than I liked. My games are set up like you'd see in the wild.
GOT is alright, I don't like how all the shots are close in, fanned out. I still drop a buck or two in it. Crazy light show.
GB, for me, is the far away winner. Challenging. Best art on a pinball machine ever, imo. The game plays fast and furious, lots of nudging, slap saves. Top 3 game for me.

#32 7 years ago

Met Pro would be my response..

#33 7 years ago

The voting says it all!

#34 7 years ago

No contest. Metallica all the way.

#35 7 years ago

Met is great but I prefer GOT myself. GB's is coming along just needs another year to finish cooking.

#36 7 years ago

MET, and it's not close. TWD would be close if that's a choice.

#37 7 years ago

I've bought all three of these NIB, except my GOT is a Premium and I have upgraded my metallica pro to a premium, and already got rid of the ghostbusters.

My vote goes to Metallica.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I've bought all three of these NIB, except my GOT is a Premium and I have upgraded my metallica pro to a premium, and already got rid of the ghostbusters.
My vote goes to Metallica.

How happy are you with your decision to upgrade from Met Pro to Premium? Was it worth it? Is there anything you miss from the pro version?

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

How happy are you with your decision to upgrade from Met Pro to Premium? Was it worth it? Is there anything you miss from the pro version?

I am very happy with the premium, I owned the pro for 3 years. I miss nothing about the pro. The premium is the better machine. Do not listen to the complainers about the hammer, it is awesome and I can see just fine. The light show is awesome. I also went with the Road Case which I love as well. I am a huge Metallica fan so the backglass does not bug me one bit. They already are represented in a cartoon on the playfield why do I need that on the backglass as well. I remember when I had the pro my uncle was over and asked who all the black guys were on the backglass. I just laughed my ass off, never noticed they all look black on the pro backglass till he said something.

#40 7 years ago

Metallica is the best of these 3 so far I own a pro and a ghostbusters LE. I really like ghostbusters but it is a brutal game so if you like fast and furious games ghostbusters is the one. Art on both is fantastic it really comes down to theme for what you like. I will say the music on ghostbusters is among the best on any pin as well but needs more call outs. Code is complete on Metallica.

#41 7 years ago

Ok, I can get a MET, Walking Dead, Kiss, or GB pro. I'm sort of leaning towards the MET. I have GOT premium now. I sort of feel like the GB pro is a big step down from the premium version. Anyone got 2 cents which to get? I've played them all and like them all.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I totally disagree with some of the above statements ,went from an LE ( owned from new )to a pro and literally don't miss it at all. Cross / meh, snake jaw / ok , hammer / cool but really only does work 50 % of the time. When I make a lock shot I get on the pro. As for the lighting it's great but for 200 you can do the same thing with the kit

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I totally disagree with some of the above statements ,went from an LE ( owned from new )to a pro and literally don't miss it at all. Cross / meh, snake jaw / ok , hammer / cool but really only does work 50 % of the time. When I make a lock shot I get on the pro. As for the lighting it's great but for 200 you can do the same thing with the kit

Met Premium also has 2 spinners, which are integrated into the code. That's a nice feature. Both versions are fun though.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Ok, I can get a MET, Walking Dead, Kiss, or GB pro. I'm sort of leaning towards the MET. I have GOT premium now. I sort of feel like the GB pro is a big step down from the premium version. Anyone got 2 cents which to get? I've played them all and like them all.

Met>GOT>TWD>KISS>GB pro. I also own a GOT pre. Go for the Met and you've got two of the very best. TWD is also great but just a step behind IMHO. KISS is great on location but I think the rules would get boring really fast at home. GB pro is good, but just SO frustrating.

#45 7 years ago

If you're looking to route a game, GB out earns all those titles combines

#46 7 years ago

And kiss is atrocious

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

If I am right the light kit is $400? And takes time to install, not sure half of the pinside member's could install it.

If cash is no option, side by side take 1 home for the same price, you take the pro?

#49 7 years ago

What would Sammy do ?
Well, for starters he'd get on his bad motor scooter and ride.
Then he would shoot some MET.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

If I am right the light kit is $400? And takes time to install, not sure half of the pinside member's could install it.
If cash is no option, side by side take 1 home for the same price, you take the pro?

Thats not what I said ...... if the price where the same ( and were talking a 2k difference ) I might take the prem. Yes the added toys are neat but game play of the hammer stinks.

Playability is definately better on the PRO IMO,but the Prem. features are nice. It used to be so hard to get coffin MB as the mag still miss's the ball half the time.

Like I said had an LE , cashed out when prices were high and could have bought a Prem and had dollars in my pocket to boot . I went with the PRO after playing about 20 games on one and still dont miss it at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-got-or-metallica and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.