• 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by hoby1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 days ago

Title says it all.

#2 11 days ago

The update had no effect on my Pro. Very brief 1.17 install said to reboot and it was done, but the game still says 1.16 on the splash screen at boot up and none of the changes from the readme are there. Confused!

#3 11 days ago
Quoted from tpir:

The update had no effect on my Pro. Very brief 1.17 install said to reboot and it was done, but the game still says 1.16 on the splash screen at boot up and none of the changes from the readme are there. Confused!

Use a different or new usb

#4 11 days ago

Ughhh, just updated my GB pro on location yesterday, guess I need to update again.

#5 11 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Use a different or new usb

Nah. This is the same stick I used for 1.16 and I updated Munsters just fine with it a few minutes ago.

#6 10 days ago
Quoted from tpir:

I had this problem with game of Thrones. I ended up burning a new SD card. Instructions on how to do it are on the stern website

#7 10 days ago
Quoted from tpir:

Nah. This is the same stick I used for 1.16 and I updated Munsters just fine with it a few minutes ago.

are you sure you picked 1.17 in the update menu?

#8 10 days ago

If you follow the other threads you will find people using multiple USB sticks until they got one to work. Many used the same stick from the last update and had it fail. Whatever the problem it seems to be widespread.

#9 10 days ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

are you sure you picked 1.17 in the update menu?

lol yes 1.17 was the only thing on the stick by the time I got to updating GB. This is irritating and dumb and not a user error. Get your shit together Stern.

#10 10 days ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

If you follow the other threads you will find people using multiple USB sticks until they got one to work. Many used the same stick from the last update and had it fail. Whatever the problem it seems to be widespread.

yes, same issue here. Trying a new stick.

#11 10 days ago

Having the same issue. WTF !!!

#12 10 days ago

yeah, another stick. same issue. obviously there is something wrong with the update. I'm just going to keep at 1.16 until this is fixed. I have enough frustrations in life as it is already. Don't need this BS for sure.

#13 10 days ago

Did anyone try the LE code as its the same.

#14 10 days ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Did anyone try the LE code as its the same.

The premium and LE links are both to the exact same file. If you tried the premium update you already tried the LE update as well

#15 10 days ago

4 sticks later same issue.... It never shows a progress bar

Its like its not even showing it as a bin file.

#16 10 days ago
Quoted from tpir:

The premium and LE links are both to the exact same file. If you tried the premium update you already tried the LE update as well

Just search for me in this thread and see the problems I had with GOTLE.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-got-code-136/page/4#post-5172895

If I would have took Chas’s advice I would have still been waiting for a code update.

#17 10 days ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Just search for me in this thread and see the problems I had with GOTLE.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-got-code-136/page/4#post-5172895
If I would have took Chas’s advice I would have still been waiting for a code update.

So I need a new SD Card...... WTF 1.16 was fine. Must I get from Stern ?

#18 10 days ago

I had no issues just did full and verify. Same usb as before.

#19 10 days ago

The only SD image for GB posted on Stern's support site is 1.13

Every other game has updated SD images, even the more recently updated games.

#20 10 days ago
Quoted from JimB:

I had no issues just did full and verify. Same usb as before.

It never asks me for full or verify.... just goes silent and then say update complete after hitting select.

Can you send me your file to try.

THX

#21 10 days ago
Quoted from tpir:

The only SD image for GB posted on Stern's support site is 1.13
Every other game has updated SD images, even the more recently updated games.

Have you tried redownloading the code?

I would format your usb drive. Install the code on usb and hope for the best. If it doesn’t work again contact stern for the iso.

#22 10 days ago

I appreciate you trying to be helpful Tom but I am fairly computer savvy and already tried all of those things and then some

Will have to wait for the 1.17 SD card image to get posted I guess.

#23 10 days ago

Ok ..... so I FINALLY got it to work.

I used a USB with IMDN code on it already.

Installed 1.17 on USB
Inserted in board and booted.
Selected 1.17 GB full install and it came up invalid file.
Pressed try and gain but this time did a quick install
It the proceeded with the progress bar and did the updated.

Never seen such frustrating update but at least its in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside