IMG_5002 (resized).JPG
19393-ghostbusters-le-pinball-machine-stern-playfield-1-1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
GB #3 (resized).jpg
GB #2 (resized).jpg
GB #1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170117_184823 (resized).jpg
IMG_4642 (resized).JPG
There are 210 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 7 years ago

anyone notice that when you plunge the ball, the left ramp diverter (on right side over the shooter lane) always pulses as if trying to divert a ball to the ESP hole). Odd behavior that has been on it since 1.05.

Pro model only since that is the only one with ramp diverter I think?

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

anyone notice that when you plunge the ball, the left ramp diverter (on right side over the shooter lane) always pulses as if trying to divert a ball to the ESP hole). Odd behavior that has been on it since 1.05.

yup, noticed that too. thought there was something wrong with my machine until I saw others doing it too.

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

And of course ability to adjust shaker before I have to pick up all the pieces of glass off my playfield!

Technically it is adjustable in the menus but just not for strength. You'd have to cut some length off the opposing shaker arms to make it weaker.

Adding anti-rattle tape (Flipper Fidelity sells it) to your glass makes the biggest difference.
Stern's new backbox is louder too so you need to add a couple of pieces of target foam, or thin door seal to the top and bottom channels where the translite sits, to quell that noise as well.
I've even put a couple of small pieces underneath the speaker/DMD panel to help with that noise too.

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How did you shorten it? Did you literally just cut some of it off?

Here's the trade secret to shortening a spring.

Figure out where you want the length to be. Maybe mark with a sharpie if you want to. Now, put it on the 90 degree angle of the top of a metal vice at a 45 degree angle to the top (you could use something else but it needs to be hard. Timber would be no good)

Now ... smack it with a hammer! The spring now looks like it is at 90 degrees at the mark. Now, grab wire cutters and trim the excess off to suit.

I was taught that trick by a diesel mechanic when I was a kid. Works every time.

With the PBL springs, the ones fitted to the Pro I have on loan at my house (thanks Chris!) were bending the plastic targets and making the drops fall and they would machine gun. That's pretty hopeless to be honest. The targets are so flexible, they bend and fall off the locking ledge. To fix it, I reversed the bottom washer to the inside, which created more angle and the target now locks 100% on the ledge. Easy fix.

Personally, I would have just shortened the stock springs a little. Takes 2 minutes and costs $0.

rd

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes, I just snipped it off with a side cutter and then bent out the last ring (using fingernail) for a new hook.

Rob

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I always assumed both coils were on the same driver circuit, although I never really checked. Otherwise there was no room for it without another node board. Just my guess.

Rob

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For the springs (just to make sure we're talking about the drop springs and not the hex post on right ramp) -- I think it's easiest/best to just loop it somewhere mid-spring and leave a little dangling -- that way, it's reversible for the most part once the target loosens up. You don't want to cut it too short and then realize the target can't stay up because the spring is too strong...

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I always assumed both coils were on the same driver circuit, although I never really checked. Otherwise there was no room for it without another node board. Just my guess.
Rob

I don't believe the diverter activates on an auto plunge, only on the manual plunge, it was more like the diverter was tied to the switch in the shooter lane before the ball had been validated. I could be wrong.

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Technically it is adjustable in the menus but just not for strength. You'd have to cut some length off the opposing shaker arms to make it weaker.
Adding anti-rattle tape (Flipper Fidelity sells it) to your glass makes the biggest difference.
Stern's new backbox is louder too so you need to add a couple of pieces of target foam, or thin door seal to the top and bottom channels where the translite sits, to quell that noise as well.
I've even put a couple of small pieces underneath the speaker/DMD panel to help with that noise too.

You need to adjust the weights,I wish stern shakers were more like jjp,they just seem smoother and just feel better but I adjust all my shakers so they don't vibrate so much.

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nyone notice that when you plunge the ball, the left ramp diverter (on right side over the shooter lane) always pulses as if trying to divert a ball to the ESP hole). Odd behavior that has been on it since 1.05.

Yes, I kind of like it because it lets me quickly verify that the diverter is working when I'm checking my game on location.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,699 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 210 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-113-now-available-go-get-it/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.