IMG_5002 (resized).JPG
19393-ghostbusters-le-pinball-machine-stern-playfield-1-1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
GB #3 (resized).jpg
GB #2 (resized).jpg
GB #1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170117_184823 (resized).jpg
IMG_4642 (resized).JPG

There are 210 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 7 years ago

The "what the hell are you doing" is in the audio on the machine. If you hit the flipper buttons enough times in attract mode it will play. Wether or not it is now used in actual gameplay, I'm not sure.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I could probably figure this out via trial & error, but is there a way to change 1.13 settings to make the modes play like 1.05? I haven't been crazy about the last couple updates. Might just go back to 1.05 from 1.12.

Look for something in the settings regarding "continuation of scenes" I believe

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

The fact that we have new callouts, unless they were pre-recorded with Ernie, means its still developing.

I haven't actually checked with Pinball Browser yet, but I can almost guarantee that all the new callouts were already in the code. They just weren't being utilized.

On a side note, I really like Ernie's callouts for this game. He did an excellent job, and it makes you realize how much better Urban's ST callouts could have been.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I could probably figure this out via trial & error, but is there a way to change 1.13 settings to make the modes play like 1.05? I haven't been crazy about the last couple updates. Might just go back to 1.05 from 1.12.

Quoted from Cserold:

Look for something in the settings regarding "continuation of scenes" ...

There are currently two adjustments for the modes (#50 and #51). The first allows you to choose whether or not they time out, and the second whether or not they continue from ball to ball ...

GB #1 (resized).jpgGB #1 (resized).jpg
GB #2 (resized).jpgGB #2 (resized).jpg

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

On a side note, I really like Ernie's callouts for this game. He did an excellent job, and it makes you realize how much better Urban's ST callouts could have been.

I agree 100%. Ernie Hudson did a fantastic job on the voice work. I wouldn't mind him being used to voice other games as just a generic call out announcer type. His "TRIPLE SUPER JACKPOT" call out is killer.

#106 7 years ago

And can anyone tell me what this adjustment possibly does on the game?

GB #3 (resized).jpgGB #3 (resized).jpg

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

And can anyone tell me what this adjustment possibly does on the game?

Yours didn't come with an action button? That's the only way I launch the ball on mine.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There are currently two adjustments for the modes (#50 and #51). The first allows you to choose whether or not they time out, and the second whether or not they continue from ball to ball ...

Hey is there a way to just make it so it doesn't start a new mode after you finish a mode?

Also, wonder if there is a way to make it not play the mode in multi ball, as I have already said hate that mode music in multi ball. But I guess the stack is worth it .

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Yours didn't come with an action button? That's the only way I launch the ball on mine.

Only comes on the super LE

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hey is there a way to just make it so it doesn't start a new mode after you finish a mode?

Not that I know of by setting, but make the last shot on the spinner or right ramp and it won't roll into a mode.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Not that I know of by setting, but make the last shot on the spinner or right ramp and it won't roll into a mode.

Yea I try and do that sometimes, but sometimes I will hit a shot on accident

In 1.05 this was not the case correct? I like the carryover from ball to ball but should be a way to make it so you have to light the modes again.

#112 7 years ago

I've noticed that sometimes when you hit the GHOST target the "SHOOT AGAIN" insert briefly flashes. This is very confusing when the shot ricochets SDTM, because you assume the ball is going to be saved.

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

yes, change the continue modes option in the GB settings to off.

#114 7 years ago

I really like the code and appreciate the updates by Dwight. I'm sure he has a full plate but he continues to update this game and that shows commitment. I think it's great that our suggestions have not only been heard but seem to have influenced the evolution of this code so far.

Thanks for listening to our feedback, Dwight. I look forward to future updates.

#115 7 years ago

Played a few games on 1.13 last night. Like others have said, I really enjoyed the new callouts.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Also, wonder if there is a way to make it not play the mode in multi ball, as I have already said hate that mode music in multi ball. But I guess the stack is worth it .

It doesnt start a mode once you finsh a mode unless you hit a ladder shot as your mode compleation shot.

Hit a non ladder shot like the left orbit or right ramp last and the ladders should just start flashing - which takes some planning, if you make your shots the wrong way you can start the 'we got one ladder' or 'spooked librarian' instead of progressing to spook central ect.

#117 7 years ago

I agree with others that there should be an option in the settings that makes it so that a shot that completes a mode will not automatically start the next mode.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I haven't actually checked with Pinball Browser yet, but I can almost guarantee that all the new callouts were already in the code. They just weren't being utilized.

Urban's call outs were not mixed in right with the rest of the sound track at first. This was corrected in the final version of the game and I think his call out are stellar! Maybe not as good as Ernie's or the Hound (GOT), but still excellent. A lot of people wrote Urban's call outs off from hearing them in that initial software release; but they are mixed in nice and sound wonderful now. Just my 2 cents, back to GB...

#119 7 years ago

UPDATE: set the option for specials to "No Specials" and was awarded a special in TSG and continued to play without issue.

#120 7 years ago

Enjoying this update ... I really like the little polish effects like the slow pulsing blue on Tobin's Spirit Guide, which was easy to miss for new players.

I doubt they'll add more ghosts to the ecto-goggles, but man, what an under-utilized toy.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Enjoying this update ... I really like the little polish effects like the slow pulsing blue on Tobin's Spirit Guide, which was easy to miss for new players.
I doubt they'll add more ghosts to the ecto-goggles, but man, what an under-utilized toy.

They could do a lot with the Ecto Goggles. Hurry ups, loop scoring (like Loopin' Supers), combo scoring, more ghosts, timed shots (trap up and try to clear the shot exactly on a countdown number), or even an entire mode. It looks so cool, but it's easy to forget about.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

They could do a lot with the Ecto Goggles. Hurry ups, loop scoring (like Loopin' Supers), combo scoring, more ghosts, timed shots (trap up and try to clear the shot exactly on a countdown number), or even an entire mode. It looks so cool, but it's easy to forget about.

Yes, Yes, and Yes! These Feature can help push the game over the top!

Animations inserted for all these makes it amazing...should be dozens of images and matching callouts/lights!

Please make it so, Dwight! tell the boss, the other guy is doing it! (it is expected)

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I agree with others that there should be an option in the settings that makes it so that a shot that completes a mode will not automatically start the next mode.

And I am well aware of the strategy aspect just want the option.

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yes they are cool but totally underutilized!

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yes, Yes, and Yes! These Feature can help push the game over the top!
Animations inserted for all these makes it amazing...should be dozens of images and matching callouts/lights!
Please make it so, Dwight! tell the boss, the other guy is doing it! (it is expected)

I really wish this would happen.
Though I was told flat out no, it's not gonna happen when I asked John Directly.

#126 7 years ago

Can you backup just the game code before you do the update? I am running 1.05 right now and would like a backup of it before I install the new code.

All I have seen online is making a full copy of the SD card.

#127 7 years ago

a animated trap in the ecto googles would be cool. Could have a mode where you have to hit one of the other lit shots to snag a ghost and a trap would show in the googles. Shot it to snare the shot/ghost you just grabbed. Clear certain number of ghosts/shots to complete the mode. So shot, trap, shot, trap and so on. could be a pretty nice little bonus mode. Maybe have it with a second or 3rd scolri brothers kill or something.

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

a animated trap in the ecto googles would be cool. Could have a mode where you have to hit one of the other lit shots to snag a ghost and a trap would show in the googles. Shot it to snare the shot/ghost you just grabbed. Clear certain number of ghosts/shots to complete the mode. So shot, trap, shot, trap and so on. could be a pretty nice little bonus mode. Maybe have it with a second or 3rd scolri brothers kill or something.

I think what happens with these games is that adding too much rule diversity to the premium/LE models could drastically change scoring between models and also considerably increase programming and update workload. Stern seems to keep rules and scoring consistent between all models with only slight deviations. Premium/LE features seem usually about bling, physical ball locks or toys that interact with the ball differently like magna slings.

Rob

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think what happens with these games is that adding too much rule diversity to the premium/LE models could drastically change scoring between models and also considerably increase programming and update workload. Stern seems to keep rules and scoring consistent between all models with only slight deviations. Premium/LE features seem usually about bling, physical ball locks or toys that interact with the ball differently like magna slings.
Rob

you mean like Daft punk multiball?

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you mean like Daft punk multiball?

I didn't know that was in GB?

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Or even use it to start mass hysteria multiball. That little LCD is like adding another insert to the playfield! I wish Stern would take some of the mode ideas (not just bug tweaks) in to account. There are some really great ideas on Pinside that would make this game so much more fun and less repetitive.

Brian

#132 7 years ago

Well I know it's not Lyman on the code but Metallica saw a lot
Of big changes later in
It's life many of which were premium only .

#133 7 years ago

so happy to hear new callouts. Will update tonight. In the meantime - any examples of the new call outs? Which ones? Or are they already in the game by pressing the flipper buttons? so many gems in there.

#134 7 years ago

The added callouts (Pro) I have heard just seem to be what Ernie recorded for the game. There are still a ton of movie audio clips that are only heard with the flipper buttons in attract mode that would and SHOULD (please?) be added to various modes, ball locks, missed shots, etc. How about audio sounds for the slingshots? I have only played a handful of games on 1.13 and was previously on 1.10. Need more "scare" in the game. The last few times it happened, the scream audio and melting face was actually anti-climatic...it is the loud clunk and the game going dark that shocked and startled me more.

#135 7 years ago

wait so no movie call outs just ernie? whaaaa???

#136 7 years ago

yes, the clunk takes away from the scare I think. There shouldn't be a warning, and it should just do it.

#137 7 years ago

I hate the scare feature. It's kinda neat exactly one time. After that it's just a nuisance. Obviously I have it turned off, but why they would turn the sound up that high for any reason is beyond me. Just a bad idea.

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

How about audio sounds for the slingshots?

I really like the magna sling sound effects on the premium/LE? They fit nicely with the "ghostly action". Do the normal slingshots on the pro not make any sound at all?

One thing that bugs me is that there is no sound effect whatsoever for when you lock one of the three captured balls. They definitely need to add some type of audio feedback for this.

#139 7 years ago

Nope, there is no sound fx for the slings. We Pro's are slummin' it for sure.

Going back to the scare, for me, knowing that it CAN go off adds to the tension and reaction each time that you shoot either scoop. I've had numerous occasions when I'd shoot the Library scoop and then flip directly back to the scoop from the kickout repeatedly and thinking that each time could be a deserved scare punishment for not trapping and making a better shot. I still get goosebumps when it happens.

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I hate the scare feature. It's kinda neat exactly one time. After that it's just a nuisance. Obviously I have it turned off, but why they would turn the sound up that high for any reason is beyond me. Just a bad idea.

I agree. The first couple of times it happened were cool but I find it annoying more than anything now. The lack of volume adjustment is the biggest problem. I keep it off...plus it scares the shit out of the kids.

#141 7 years ago

Anyone explain what the animation is supposed to be (I forget the mode) when "I think I have a milk bone" is played looks like two heads on each side of the DMD facing outwords???

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I agree. The first couple of times it happened were cool but I find it annoying more than anything now. The lack of volume adjustment is the biggest problem. I keep it off...plus it scares the shit out of the kids.

If you don't like it just turn it off in settings for me it's cool as heck.

#143 7 years ago

It's from when Lewis is stuck outside of the fancy glass wall restaurant and nobody will let him in so the terror dog gets him.

Quoted from thall17:Anyone explain what the animation is supposed to be (I forget the mode) when "I think I have a milk bone" is played looks like two heads on each side of the DMD facing outwords???

#144 7 years ago

I hit mass hysteria and activated don't cross the streams. The game wouldn't stop, ejected all the balls for multi and they drained as I played he video mode. Once the video mode was over, mass hysteria animation activated and then the pin recognized all balls were drained, collected my bonuses and ended my turn. Frustrating.

#145 7 years ago

Punch Bowl in Denver during biz trip this week. Both games had newest code and drinking aside, guess which one received 4 of 5 up votes in a very informal work poll...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Anyone explain what the animation is supposed to be (I forget the mode) when "I think I have a milk bone" is played looks like two heads on each side of the DMD facing outwords???

Those would be the people eating in the restaurant watching him react to the dog outside the large glass windows.
At the end of the scene he slides down the glass window.

I see now it was already explained. I did not refresh my screen to see it. Oh well.

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from thebred:

I hit mass hysteria and activated don't cross the streams. The game wouldn't stop, ejected all the balls for multi and they drained as I played he video mode. Once the video mode was over, mass hysteria animation activated and then the pin recognized all balls were drained, collected my bonuses and ended my turn. Frustrating.

I've encountered similar strange things. For example I lit WCWS on the left ramp, then shot the left scoop (no modes were lit) and it started Spooked Librarian. Next I hit the left ramp and it stacked Librarian with WCWS.

Then just now I was playing Spook Central and hit the left ramp as my first shot in the mode. It started We Got One. The inserts were either white or flashed white/blue indicating the mode shots. I completed all the shots for both modes and the game got even more confused. It didn't start the next mode which I suppose in this case would have been the 2nd mode on the left ramp but it also wouldn't allow Slimer to come down so that I could light the modes again.

On a side note, I really wish my PF multipliers wouldn't time out while my ball is trapped in the bumpers for what seems like forever.

Otherwise I love GB.

#148 7 years ago

I can't get my game to load the update. I have not had a problem loading any of the other updates. Any idea what I might be doing wring?

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from RJL:

I can't get my game to load the update. I have not had a problem loading any of the other updates. Any idea what I might be doing wring?

Does it even try or does it just boot up straight into play mode? I had that once and used a different USB card and it corrected the problem.

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from RJL:

Check ...
Try a different flash drive.
Be sure you are formatted in FAT32
Re-download the file to be sure its complete and good.
Use a flashdrive that's not too big. 4 or 8 gig (but I use the same usb-3.0 32GB drive everytime I update)
Re-seat the drive, old crusty drives may not connect well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Plastics
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 210 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gb-113-now-available-go-get-it/page/3?hl=cornycrunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.