Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 783 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by wrd1972
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    IMG_3672 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
    20231220_082654 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wrd1972.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

368 posts in this topic match your search for posts by wrd1972. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Congratulations! You are looking at the highest quality and most versatile Pinball playfield rotisserie for home use, ON THE PLANET!

Details:
    • Supports all standard and wide-body playfields.
    • Constructed from 16-gauge and 1/8-inch steel (no thin flimsy materials here).
    • Fully hand-welded for maximum strength.
    • Adjusting knobs to lock in the PF position (no lock-down screws that slip and damage the axles).
    • Polymer axle clamps to provide smooth and damage free rotation.
    • Small footprint when not in use (arrives in a re-usable 18-inch x 14-inch x 4-inch box).
    • C-clamps (2-inch or 3-inch) are NOT included.
    • Made in the USA!

• The PinDoc Pro Roto ($260.00) arrives in a bare, metal finish and must be painted, waxed, or oiled. NO A-frame EXTENSIONS INCLUDED. YOU PROVIDE a pair of 60" 1/2-inch electrical metal conduits or similar material to connect the A-frames.

• The PinDoc Premium Roto ($305.00) arrives in a bare metal finish and must be painted, waxed, or oiled. Also includes heavy-duty extenders constructed from 3/4-inch and 1-inch steel to connect the A-frames.

• The PinDoc LE Roto ($380.00) is powder coated in your choice of available colors and is derived from the Premium model.

CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFO OR TO PLACE AN ORDER:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations

Be sure to see Cary Hardy's review on the PinDoc Rotisserie:

4 (resized).png4 (resized).png
    20191202_122725 - Copy (resized).jpg20191202_122725 - Copy (resized).jpg
    Prem1 (resized).jpgPrem1 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

The optional PinDoc SideKick attaches to the existing factory mounting brackets located on the bottom of your playfield, just like at the factory. It also provides maximum access to all playfield components and increased strength and security.

• $195.00 Shipped- Premium Sidekick
    • $280.00 Shipped- LE Sidekick

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

The optional PinDoc Sliders attach to your playfield using the existing metal hanger screws currently located on the front of your playfield. Eliminates need for C-clamps. The PinDoc Sliders can also support the rear of the playfield using screws or c-clamps.

• $75.00 Shipped- Premium Sliders
    • $125.00 Shipped- LE Sliders

#6 4 years ago

Just for giggles, we were playing the game on the rotisserie. So we had to tilt it for the ball to roll.
    No other reason. I will get some more detailed pics in the next day or two.

#14 4 years ago

Okay looks like there is some interest. Thanks guys.

rufessor,
    i am planning on posting some additional more detailed pics in the next day or two. You stated you need a "lot" more info before purchase. What other info do you really need that I did not already cover? Aiming to please here.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

I would suggest doing a hand knob over the using just a bolt.
    amazon.com link »

That particular hand-knob is 3/8" threaded, and I feel its not up to the job for here. So in my opinion, it just can not provide the clamping power that is needed to lock the playfield down. So for my design, I am using a 1/2" bolt that clamps the playfield down, and does so without any slop.

Obviously you could purchase a 1/2" hand-knob and use that instead of the bolt. But in order to keep the price down, I will likely not make that offering. I actually tested both, and the 1/2 bolt is far superior for this application, and will not wear out either.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

wrd1972 - two questions from me:
    #1 - newbie question, sorry. I've never used a rotisserie or seen one in person yet, but after doing my first playfield tear down/repair this year I know I want one now. How does the playfield actually physically get mounted onto the rotisserie? Clamps? Can you show a picture?
    #2 - where's the order form?

Good question.
    For basic EM and early 80's solid-state playfields. You can use some basic c-clamps to attach the PF to the rotating brackets. Those are pretty straight forward.

For more modern playfields that have a very tall back wall such as the Fire as seen in the above pics. I had to drill holes in the rotating brackets and then screw the PF down in the back. You could also use tall c-clamps as well but at some point, they might impede rotation just a bit. Or lastly, you can just disassemble whatever it takes to avoid using screws, and revert back to the standard c-clamps.

If I decide to do this, I will NOT be drilling holes in the rotating brackets again to keep the cost down. But you could very easily do this yourself based on your needs.

Quoted from rufessor:

Thank you for your answers! Great description and looks like its well put together!
    Thank you

Your very welcome.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

I bought the similar one from marco and sent it back immediately because of quality.
    I would be in on this one.

Could you please expand on this? I would love to hear what the issue was as to ensure the best possible tool

#42 4 years ago

Okay the interest is there for sure. I am now starting the process of sourcing materials to see if that price point can be met. Still looking at this thing from a "bare bones" perspective, so its still not likely to have any hand-knobs included.

I understand the thinking of the hand-knob being a convenience. But I really want to avoid any cost adders if possible. I would much rather put that money towards better quality materials.

Again anyone can add a hand knob at a later date if they choose. But if I really thought it was a big benefit, I would have it on mine. I just lay the wrench under the rotisserie and its easily accessible when needed. Plus I have found that I am not really constantly rotating the thing anyway. It just tends to stay in one position most of the time when I am reconditioning playfields.

I guess I could "consider" a Limited Edition painted rotisserie with your choice of graphics, hand-knobs as well as a numbered plaque. But if you have to ask what it would cost - you cant afford it. Premium model might be slightly cheaper though.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not sure how many you can build in a month, but those of us going to PinCinnati could save you some shipping expenses. Just a thought.

I am planning on being there. How many can your crew vouch for?

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from jjoravec:

I would be concerned how sturdy it is without the cross braces on the bottom. You stated its very sturdy and doesn't need them. How much movement is there when a playfield is mounted? I too purchased the one from marco and it is way overpriced for the quality, even assembled it has some movement. A video of it using it without braces would be nice to see.

Once the PF is placed in the rotisserie, the overall assembly is sturdy enough for normal use - with or without the extenders.

Only minor issue is if you do a lot of rotating of the PF in the configuration without the extenders. The rotating brackets "may" start to walk just a bit out of the frames. So to eliminate this, I am going to drill a hole in the ends of the tubing and install a hair-pin clip. This will prevent the walk-out issue completely.

So in my opinion, the big benefit of the extenders is to make it just a bit easier to attach the PF to the brackets. Other than that, they really don't have any other significant benefits except to prevent the walk-out issue. Once the rotisserie is loaded with the PF, the PF can be rotated just as easily and confidently whether you use the extenders, or not. All of the structural rigidity comes from the joining the frames halves, the brackets and the PF all together.

And as mentioned, the 3/4" square tubing extenders can be added if you want, at any later date. I will be welding the nuts on the feet so it will be ready to go. I guess you could also use round tubing or pipe you if like with equally good results. Again, the extenders simply tie the frame halves together, but dont really provide any added rigidity.

Please help me understand the "movement" you are referring to. The setup I have now feels very solid sitting on a level table and has the feel of a quality tool IMO. Also I will get a detailed video ASAP per your request.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

I would personally be more interested in a free standing unit with a tubular frame construction such as this, adjustable height if possible. I find tables to be too low to work from even with this slightly added height.
    Also I find that I’m constantly rotating between top/bottom during swaps. Because of this the life of my thumbscrew or bolt locks are about 2 playfields. I saw at the stern factory they use a large cog on the end with a locking mechanism.. like in this video.

So what I am offering is a free standing tubular unit that would simply sit on any flat surface, similar to what you see in the vid. I definitely wont be adding any height adjustment to the design because this would certainly cause a cost increase. Also the higher the PF goes relative to the foot of the rotisserie, the more top-heavy it will become and now you will have stability issues. Dont want that dude falling down.

Currently I have the rotisserie sitting on this table, and it is perfect for all my work:
    https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-Work-Table-49/dp/B01IGIIPR2/ref=sr_1_15

I think I paid a hundred for it from Sam's Club many years ago. But there are plenty of similar tables for less than $100 available. There are countless ways to create a work surface for my rotisserie. A pair of sawhorses and some 2x4's come to mind if you want to do it on the cheap.

"Because of this the life of my thumbscrew or bolt locks are about 2 playfields"
    Hence the reason I am using a 1/2" bolt. As far as a clamping mech - not likely again due to the added cost. But I will give it some thought as maybe an option down the road.

#67 4 years ago

Looks like I have the metal sourced, and maybe the cardboard cartons. Will likely have to do a "field test" for them though. Last big unknown is the shipping costs.

Okay for the guys that are "really "interested, please send me a PM stating your interests, with your shipping addresses so I can can continue my research into shipping. I just want to run the rates nation wide to see what they are gonna run.

Definitely a step closer here.
    Thanks.

#76 4 years ago

Thanks for the interest guys. Based on your feedback, I am now doing a redesign of the rotisserie. It will still be a table top design with the following enhancements:

- Dual 3/8" hand knobs
    - Zero-slop locking mechs
    - Adjustable clamping force (not possible with a bolt locking mech)
    - Rotating bracket axles wont "scar" from the locking mech

I need to model this up and do some testing to ensure that the clamping force is adequate first. I also need to see if i can still meet the $180 price point. I really think we are still in the same "ballpark" though.

So if all goes well, expect an even better design with more functionality.
    Stay tuned!

1 week later
    #84 4 years ago

Okay here is my new design. I am now adding 1.5" poly-clamps that can be tightened as needed to provide the desired rotating resistance. Also when fully tightened, it is locked very solid. Should be able to stand on it!...but don't do it! And looky...looky, are those dual 2" hand-knobs to replace the previous lock bolts? So no more wrench needed, and no more scarred axles either. The whole thing rotates very nicely, and very smooth as well. So as you can see, its getting better and better.

So with the new design and additional features. I will need to raise the price by only ten dollars. So the new price will be $190 shipped. But as you can see, there is a lot of improvement for that additional cost.

I have also found that you can purchase 1/2" electrical conduit in 60" lengths from Lowes, and use those for the extenders for less than $4.00. You can see them in the pics. I am also looking into offering 3/4" square tubing extenders as an option. But there is more work to be done there.

So this is just a quick teaser pic to get you guys excited. I still need to add the locking bolts for the extenders, and a few other things too. But I expect to have a final design in less than a week.

So I am going to proceed with a pilot run of 10 units to work the bugs out. I already have all of my materials sourced, and I will be ready to start building next weekend. So for now, the delivery of an un-painted rotisserie to your door, will be about 2-3 weeks, and will cost $190. So for those who are absolutely want one, please send me a PM so yours can be reserved. I will provide payment information too.

20191101_210823 (resized).jpg20191101_210823 (resized).jpg20191101_210833 (resized).jpg20191101_210833 (resized).jpg20191101_210844 (resized).jpg20191101_210844 (resized).jpg
    #86 4 years ago

Thanks rufessor. I really do appreciate your feedback.

I am very pleased with the way it "feels" with these new poly-clamps. Feels more polished.

#90 4 years ago

I think it can pretty easily be adapted to sawhorses for your type of configuration. But it would be essential that you use some extensions in one form or another for the added security. And personally, I would use some nice sawhorses, and no the flimsy plastic, folding type. If you use these brackets, you would have very solid horses, and you can set them at the desired height as well:
    https://www.amazon.com/Fulton-Medium-Duty-Sawhorse-Brackets/dp/B0002YXEIE/ref=sr_1_3

Plan on placing a pair of 60" wooden 2x4"'s to span the two sawhorses. Then place the rotisserie with the square extenders attached, on top of the 2x4's, and clamp the four feet of the rotisserie directly to the 2x4's. This would make the rotisserie and the 2x4's one very solid assembly that would simply span the sawhorses. I tested this in my shop, and it felt very as solid and secure as having the rotisserie on a bench top.

For added security, you can clamp or even the 2x4's to the sawhorses, to make one completely solid work fixture. You will be ready to go then.

#91 4 years ago

It looks like I have come up with a way to offer the 3/4" square extensions as an OPTION. However, they would have to consist of three individual telescoping 20" pieces, and would lock together with lock bolts. Of course they would be adjustable to adapt to different length playfields. Providing them in full lengths, is just NOT cost feasible.

Cost for the extensions option would be $40.00 extra...making the total cost of the rotisserie $230.00 shipped to 48 states. But as mentioned, you can also use 1/2" electrical round conduit form any big-box store as well for less. Its not quite as rigid as the square tubing. But it will work none the less. Of course you can always source your own 3/4" tubing as well.

So again my pilot run of these rotisseries will be ten units, and six are already sold. Im using this pilot run is to work out any bugs, and to determine the feasibility of going mass production. So for those who want to firmly get their hands on the last four units from this run, might want to send me an PM ASAP and get it reserved.

$190 for the rotisserie
    $230 for the rotisserie with extensions.

#93 4 years ago

Okay for you guys asking about the powdercoat. I can do it but it will cost an additional $75.00 for satin black. I am assuming only a very small amount of folks will want one in powdercoat. So based on this, I would not be getting a volume deal on the service at least in the near term.

Again I just threw a gloss black rattle-can finish on mine for less that five dollars, and it turned out very nicely. I assume most guys will do this.

#95 4 years ago

I have three more available for sale from this first run.
    Again anyone who wants one of these remaining three, please send me a PM ASAP.

$190 for the rotisserie
    $230 for the rotisserie with extensions.

Thanks

#101 4 years ago
    Quoted from jjoravec:

Dang, Your first post stated you were looking to making something less than then $250 ones that everyone else was selling now the price has almost reached the same point and potentially more. What happened to the "far less" option. Not to be a downer, as I was following this for a cheaper alternative.

With all due respect. I don't think your seeing the big picture here. But please allow me the opportunity to paint a clear picture, and shamelessly promote my product at the same time.

Any $250.00 rotisserie from any on-line retailer including the shipping, is going to run you at least $270.00 -$275.00 or so.

As I have stated before, the extensions are not essential, but I do recommended them in one form or another. I have stated that you can purchase 1/2" electrical conduit from Lowe's, which can very nicely serve the purpose for my rotisserie if you want to do it on the cheap. The actual cost for these extensions would be $4.56 + tax, and they will work very nicely.
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Common-1-2-in-Actual-0-5-In-Metallic-Emt-5-ft-Conduit/3127645

The electrical conduit will get the job done. However I would just recommend a bit of extra caution if you need to move the rotisserie with the playfield attached because the conduit is not as rigid as the square tubing. So with that said, the square tubing will provide more overall security, because it is more rigid, and that means more "security" for you valuable playfield under all conditions.

I also would like you to consider the value of you would be getting in terms of a possibly better designed product. Do you want lock bolts that don't offer any adjustable resistance of the rotation of your playfield? Do you want scored and gouged out axles on the rotating brackets from normal use? Or would you prefer an adjustable solution where you can dial in the resistance of the rotation, and not have any scored or gouged axles? I could be wrong, but I think you would likely prefer the later if given the choice. I would encourage you to analyze the pics of my design, and their design, and decide for yourself.

So with all that said. I will stand behind my claim, that you are getting a better product, with better functionality, for far less cost.

BTW, nine of of ten rotisseries for this first run are now purchased. There is one remaining and available. I would love to have your money, and I would love to provide this wonderful tool to help you with your playfield servicing, and restoration needs. If your not convinced, that's totally okay. But at the end of the day, $190 is indeed much less than $270ish.

If anyone else is interested in number ten. Please send me a PM ASAP. I have started cutting materials, and my final design is nearly complete. I will build the last prototype this weekend, and will post pics of it in this thread.

Stay tuned.

#102 4 years ago

Hey guys. Well I have my fixtures built, and I have started cutting materials. Everything is still going smooth. Still working on process to ensure efficient production.

I have also settled on a final design. I am know bolting on the poly clamp assembly on the a-frame, rather than welding it on. This ensures that the rotisserie, does not become a boat anchor if threads are stripped over time. Now the poly clamp assembly can be replaced, and there is no chance of a boat anchor.

Also there is now a "hand-hold" under the axle, to better and more safely move the rotisserie with a attached playfield. The feature has allowed me to bolt on the poly-clamp as already mentioned.

Here are some pics:

20191109_194705 (resized).jpg20191109_194705 (resized).jpg20191109_184008 (resized).jpg20191109_184008 (resized).jpg
    #104 4 years ago

That will teach me to post high res pics.

As I already mentioned before. I would not consider myself a "welder". But I can weld stuff together and it seems to stay together pretty nicely. To answer your question. Its a Hobart 140 MIG welder. That is plenty for this job from best I can tell. I would certainly welcome any tips for improvement.

I'm honestly not concerned about the welds on the fixture at this time. Its whats on the rotisserie that counts. So I am now working on my welds to try to make them acceptable. I have already explained to everyone that has made a purchase, that the welds will be robust and wont fail. But making them pretty is going to take some time, but I have to start somewhere...right?

Here are some I just made. I am going to confident say they are robust and will not fail, if used for their intended purpose. They will get prettier in time.
    20191110_165603 (resized).jpg20191110_165603 (resized).jpg20191110_165621 (resized).jpg20191110_165621 (resized).jpg20191110_165630 (resized).jpg20191110_165630 (resized).jpg

#112 4 years ago

Thanks for the kind words dono. Its appreciated.

I now have all of my metal cut for this first run, and will actually start building the first ones tomorrow. Everything is still going very nicely.

#114 4 years ago

Ready to put to bed any concern regarding the welds.

The design and construction is clearly robust and multi-purpose. A few beads might get a bit wild from time to time. But they will certainly get the job done. Looks like I have a leaky muffler.
    20191116_122502 (resized).jpg20191116_122502 (resized).jpg

#116 4 years ago

Okay guys here is the final design.

As mentioned before, the 1/2" electrical conduit (not included) certainly works well for the Pro model for $190. In fact I would not hesitate for a second to use it for my own PF restoration work. And once again, this conduit can be had for less than $5.00 at any big box store.

The square tubing extensions for the Premium model ($230.00) will work even better as you can see. The more robust materials do provide the best insurance for your PF, and the most versatility. Definitely a nice upgrade.
    20191116_184430 (resized).jpg20191116_184430 (resized).jpg20191116_184549 (resized).jpg20191116_184549 (resized).jpg20191116_184707 (resized).jpg20191116_184707 (resized).jpg20191116_184750 (resized).jpg20191116_184750 (resized).jpg

#122 4 years ago

ROTISSERIES IN STOCK!

All Rotisseries built have been shipped to those who have made a purchase. Thanks again.

I currently have five additional Pro models, and one premium model built, boxed and ready to ship. Anyone interested can PM for purchasing info. Any purchases made today, can ship tomorrow morning. After that, I likely wont be able to ship until next Monday. Next run wont be started till mid to late December.

20191116_193605 (resized).jpg20191116_193605 (resized).jpg20191116_194429 (resized).jpg20191116_194429 (resized).jpg
    #125 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Glad you sprayed them black, they look much more professional. Great work.

Negative on the black finish. But they still look really good in natural. I just simply can not spray-paint them for this price point. But I am looking into possible powder coating next week.

What you see there is bare metal finish. Again all rotisseries unless noted otherwise, will arrive in bare metal finish. They will need a cleaning prior to any painting.

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

OK, so I have to ask, did you build those to fit the box?
    Nice work btw, if I hadn't already made one I would have bought one of these.

Keen eye you have there.

#131 4 years ago

Hey guys.
    Just one Pro model left!

Please send me a PM if you are interested in purchasing it. Next batch will start early-mid December.

20191120_160555 (resized).jpg20191120_160555 (resized).jpg
    #134 4 years ago

Thanks Canadian.

eyeamred2u,
    Glad it arrived. I really hope you enjoy it. And thanks again for the purchase.

1 week later
    #136 4 years ago

Starting the second run. Metal is cut and construction is underway.
    Orders will ship starting December 15th...maybe sooner.

PM me if your wanting to purchase one, and I will send payment instructions.

Pro-model (no extenders) $190
    Premium model with extenders $230

20191201_145412 (resized).jpg20191201_145412 (resized).jpg20191201_180551 (resized).jpg20191201_180551 (resized).jpg
    #138 4 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Well worth the money. I just put my T2 playfield in it over the weekend and this unit is rock solid. All the adjustments are super smooth. I used 3/4 inch square tube for extensions and the unit is square and I can slide the ends with very little effort and then lock them in place.

Awesome and glad your happy with it! Post a pic if possible.

#139 4 years ago

Here are some new "nicer" pics of the final design.
    20191202_122725 - Copy (resized).jpg20191202_122725 - Copy (resized).jpgPrem1 (resized).jpgPrem1 (resized).jpgPivot2 (resized).jpgPivot2 (resized).jpg

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from DexterH:

I almost ordered one of these. The only thing stopping me is the c-clamps mounting system. Wish it was something better. Does the angle iron have holes to bolt the playfield in place? Hopefully?

No the angle brackets do not have holes. But they can very easily be drilled according to need. I can drill some holes if you like. Just tell me where you would like them - how many inches off center. Or if you just want an assortment of two on each end, I can do that too. The metal is cold steel and is very easy to drill. You should have no issues even if you decide to do it yourself.

Curious why your opposed to the c-clamps. They will absolutely clamp the PF into the rotisserie with zero issues, and you wont need to drill holes in your PF.

#145 4 years ago

Agreed. Just use a 1/2" x 1/2" x 4" or so thick wooden block. I just cant see that causing any damage to the clear.

Now that I think about it some more. I did screw the back of a Williams Fire playfield to a drilled bracket, because of that tall wall that is so common on the more modern pins. It was just not practical to disassemble the wall, in order to get the clamps on the PF itself. Or you could use a taller C-calmp as well.

As you might imagine, there are numerous ways to attach the PF to the rotisserie.

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

The Terminator 2 I am working on had a back wall, and instead of making up a separate bracket to clamp, I just removed the wall. Much easier. I think a buyer has to look at the overall quality of this unit. Sure, more things can be added, but that has to be on a need only basis. I know I will make up more "jigs" and fixtures as I need them. Here is my setup, with 72" extensions[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good. I also like those "deep" C-clamps you are using.

I have my BK PF sitting on mine at the moment waiting for the hardtop. Gonna tray to spend a few hours on it this weekend.

#149 4 years ago

Now offering the LE model in black powder-coat.
    $305.00 shipped to 48 states.

LE (resized).jpgLE (resized).jpg
    #154 4 years ago

Those listed above are certainly outstanding. No doubt about that. They appear to be made from 1-1/2" square tubing and are designed strong enough for a manufacturing environment. Obviously that's what the pin manufacturers require for their purposes. But do we REALLY need this for the basement restoration? Probably cost every bit of $600.00 or so too. Big down side other than cost, is they don't appear to be able to break down when not in use. So now you have to store it the beast when its idle.

I am very confident that my offering can satisfy the needs of 95% of the folks out there. And once the playfield is attached, you have the exact same overall functionality as the ones shown above, and a LOT more "coin" left in the pants pockets for better things like hardtops, stadium lights, LEDs etc. Plus it breaks down and stores in its 16" x 14" x 4" box that it came with when not in use.

So my second run is now half sold out. These units will start shipping the week of the 15th just in time for Christmas. Anyone wanting one can send me a PM for payment instructions. And thanks to the MANY folks that have already purchased one.

#160 4 years ago

You guys have my design gears turning yet again. So lets talk about the way they are mounting the PF to those commercial units.

It appears to me that they are using the existing holes in the PF, to attach the front to the rotisserie - by way of a couple of secondary brackets. The other end of the PF is attaching by way of the hardware on the "sliding-rails", and some additional steel tubes and brackets that run the length of the rotisserie. So what they have created here, is a large one piece rotating and open "frame", that the PF attaches to using existing "features" on the PF. Obviously that works well for this style of PF.

But what about all of the EM, early SS and pivoting playfields that came before the sliding rail system which appeared around 1992 IIRC? Now you are back to attaching those playfields on the ends I would think.

But first I want to ask the question. What is the concern with the c-clamps? Is it the fear of leaving a small impression in the PF surface? Well this is very easily negated by using a small wooden block. Is the concern the fear that the c-clamps would not provide the required gripping power, and the PF would fall off? IMO, this should not happen assuming the c-clamps are snug as they should be. I have already had my very heavy Black Knight playfield on the rotisserie using only four c-clamps, and it was very secure. There was never a concern that the thing would loosen up and fall off- even after spinning it a countless number of times. So please help me understand what the apprehension is here.

It is currently likely out of scope to try to design a rotisserie with the large open rotating frame feature- similar to the commercial units. The frame would need to be a one piece design, and not modular in order to provide the required strength. No way I could use the telescoping extenders like I am using for the bottoms on the premium models. That said, I have to keep my rotisserie as modular as possible to make it feasible to ship. Its the size of the box, and the additional weight that would send the shipping cost through the roof, and not necessarily the additional cost of the materials.

So I want to try to first try to find a better way to attach a PF with a tall back wall, to my current rotisserie, and I think that can be done. I am currently designing a custom spanning type clamp that would easily clamp the tall back wall of any PF, to the angle bracket. One clamp would go on each side of the pivot, and there would be no need to remove anything in most cases I believe. I am looking for the components on-line now, and I will provide a sketch ASAP. I really think this would mount a tall back wall PF to the angle bracket very nicely. And the front of the PF would attach with a pair of small c-clamps and blocks - with only the need to first remove the apron.

So again, please help me understand why the apprehension to the c-clamps. And I also need to know how tall the "tallest" back walls are on the more modern pins. I'm guessing around 7-8 inches or so. I have a Funhouse and a Twilight Zone I can measure tonight. That will help me in my clamp design.

Great discussion guys. Lets keep it going.

#163 4 years ago

I can appreciate your concern regarding the clamps. And really appreciate the feedback. I also fully agree that using existing features on the PF to attach it to any rotisserie without the use of clamps, is the best solution. But that will have to come at a very high price. So the more I think about it here, its just not feasible at this time to do with my current design for a host of reasons. But I will still continue to look for improvements going forward.

Right or wrong - I kind of look at it like this. The best way to lift my truck off the ground to replace the brakes, would be to use an electric two-post lift. I just park the truck, place the arms under the frame, push a button, then proceed with the job. Without question this is best. But is this feasible for the average back-yard mechanic? Obviously no.

But I can also use a floor-jack to raise the truck off the ground, and then properly place jack-stands under the truck for adequate support. This is also without question, far more back-yard mechanic friendly and feasible to do. But at the end of the day, your still going to get the brakes replaced regardless of which method you used to raise and support your truck.

One last observation on the clamps from what I have seen, and others have seen that have borrowed my original rotisserie. I have found that when they are positioned and tightened properly. They simply will not loosen up and fall off...not gonna happen. Similar thing with the jack-stands in the above scenario above. If they are properly placed under the truck. There is not going to be a problem.

I also service pins on the side for others, and I will be placing a near perfect TZ PF in my rotisserie today to do a tear-down to clean/wax and replace the rubbers. Its so much easier to do it this way on my bench, rather than in the cabinet IMO. And if I had ANY concern with the security of the PF being attached to the rotisserie by way of using c-clamps. Do you think I would take a risk like that. Hell no!

But again I completely respect your concerns. These old playfields are equivalent to gold as we already know, and one needs "piece of mind" knowing they are going to be secure when being serviced.

BTW I did not get to model up my fancy clamp that I want to use to attach a "tall rear walled" machine to the rotisserie. I ran out of welding gas for the second time on a Saturday morning. Stopped me cold till mid-this week. Time to buy a full size gas cylinder.

#165 4 years ago

Second run is now built, and will start shipping Monday.

So I have now sold over 20 units, and have decided to open a Pinside Shop for future sales. So for those who are interested, please refer to the Pinside Shop or just search on Rotisserie, and you will find my offerings. I will continue to post the status of builds within this thread.

I did not get around to working on my tall wall clamp due to running out of welding gas last weekend. However, I plan on building my first model of it this weekend. I will post pics once its done, and I am happy with the design.

I also plan on building many more units starting next week. Orders are now being taken.

#167 4 years ago

I am using the smaller 1", and the 3" clamps in my product pictures. The 1" is small in size, and more than strong enough to do the job IMO. Dont knock it till you give it a shot and see. It also holds my heavy BK playfield very securely, and they dont get in the way. I would recommend using the smallest clamp possible - assuming it fits where you want it to be.

The c-clamps in "nocreditdot's" pics look to me to be at least 4", maybe 5" inches or so. But I could easily see the 2" being the most ideal ones for his application, while providing the required security as well. BTW, what PF is that?

#171 4 years ago

Tall wall clamp will work with all rotisseries. Again I need some feedback from you guys on how tall some of these rear walls are. Tallest I have seen so far is 7 inches on a TZ. Are there any taller?

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Oh this looks very nice. I was going to grab the tabletop option from Marco, but seeing the reviews here, I may need to grab one of these instead.

Well if you compare the two products visually. You will see that the rotation control on my design is superior. Mine is made of thicker metal overall, and it cant wear out due to stripped threads. The Marco weighs in at 17 pounds, and my Premium model weighs in at 23 pounds. That's the difference in the materials selection and construction of these two units you are looking at.

I have some in stock if your ready to buy. Links to my shop are now on post #1.

#176 4 years ago

Okay here is my first stab at the rear wall clamp. The idea is to have a pair of these clamping the back of the playfield to the rotisserie. It would also clamp a 8" rear wall. It is certainly strong enough to do the job. But the 7/16" threaded rods are flexing just a bit more than I would really like, and is causing a slight tilt on the board (rear wall) in the angle bracket.

I would not hesitate to use this for my own playfield at this time. I think it would do the trick. But I think it needs to be a bit more "polished" for the masses.

Next I will try a pair of 1/2" rods and hopefully they wont flex. Not quite ready for prime-time, but you get the idea.
    20191212_194511 (resized).jpg20191212_194511 (resized).jpg20191212_194549 (resized).jpg20191212_194549 (resized).jpg20191212_194949 (resized).jpg20191212_194949 (resized).jpg

#180 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

How about just a vertical high wall bracket that slides and require C Clamps (horizontal) there as well? This looks complicated to re-position the top clamp height right.

Not quite following. Can you provide a simple sketch.

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Any way to attach s ratchet clamp, all the adjustment you would need[quoted image]

I would not trust a slip clamp like that for the job. Too much risk imo. C-clamps on the other hand will not loosen up.

#185 4 years ago

Yes...Bessey clamps. I remeber thise from my cabinet shops days. I would trust those all day long. They dont slip.

Okay now i think i understand what you mean by using the clamp horizontally.

#187 4 years ago

All rotisseries that I have received payment for, have been shipped. Thanks again guys.

I have two pro models left that can ship monday morning if I receive payment this weekend. If you want it converted to a premium, it will ship out Tuesday. Links to my shop are on post #1.

1 week later
    #195 4 years ago

Thanks for posting pics of the rotisserie in use. That looks like one very nice shop there Nick.

All rotisseries are currently sold out except for two LE models thar are powdercoated in black.

I will be buying new metal for the next run during the week of January 6th, and will begin construction the week of the 12th. Looking to build about 10 -15 or so.

See post 1 for links to my shop to place an order, and have yours reserved. Its looking like I might do one run a month going forward if the interest remains.

1 week later
    #196 4 years ago

First batch of LE models have arrived. Red is already sold out. The powdercoat really looks terrific. The metal was first sandblasted, then finished for the most durable finish possible.

20200102_161334 (resized).jpg20200102_161334 (resized).jpg
    #199 4 years ago

Yes the two red ones are yours. I currently have two black ones available and ready to ship.

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I have the perfect clamps. The clamps that you use to hold a camper top onto a pickup bed works perfect

Can you post some pics?

#208 4 years ago

Regarding my next run of rotisseries.

Pro models and Premium models are all out of stock. I do have one LE model powdercoated in black ready to ship.

I will be buying metal on Monday the 13th, and will be cutting next week. I will begin construction of the units on the 18th of this month. I am looking to start shipping no later than the 27th, but will possibly be sooner. Please click "Pindoc Restorations" just under my username, to place orders. Looking to build 15-20 or so.

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Back on 12\22\19 you wrote me:
    Order #190123600002 has been accepted by shop: Hello, I have two rotisseries left. But to convert them to premiums, I need to buy some new metal for the extenders. Right now the holidays really have me tied up, and the unit likely wont ship till the week of January 6th at the latest. If its possible to get out sooner, I will certainly try. Many thanks for the purchase. Bill
    Since you haven't responded to 3 messages I've sent to you at your pinside store, I wondered if my order will be part of the "no later than the 27th" run?

Thanks.

It appears that i did not get any notifications when you posted your questions from within the shops message system. So since nothing appeared on my notification bar at the top right. I was totally unaware you were trying to reach me. Apoligies for that.

I absolutely do now remember what I said. Best poor excuse I can muster is that I simply got side tracked from being gone for the long holidays, and I simply lost track regarding the arrangement.

Going forth i will add an additional note in the comment field, that if the buyer has any question regarding the purchase, that they contact me through a PM so i can be properly notified.

The way the shop works is very helpful in tracking orders. I can clearly see which are open, in process or sent. But I am at a loss as to why I never received any notifications that you were trying to reach out to me.

Your roto will ship no later than next Wednesday.

Again apologies for the delay.
    Bill

#213 4 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

How is the add on for the tall backs on playfields coming along?

That has stalled at the moment. But where it stands now I am getting a bit mote flex out of the 3/8" threaded rods than I like. What this means is that the top angle iron has a slight twist and will no grip the top wall exactly as it should. It does IMO grip the wall securely enough that I would personally use them. But you have to keep an eye on it.

So at the moment, its not ready for prime-time. I am also reluctant to go even larger on the threaded rod. I will continue to try to find a better solution when time permits. But as has already been mentioned and shown before, the back wall can easily be removed form many tables. And several guys posted some really innovative ways of securing the PF to the rotisserie.

#215 4 years ago

Thank you Bill. Look forward to receiving my purchase.
    Hoping you are having a great start to 2020.
    Murphy

Thanks for your understanding. It certainly is starting out busy with the rotos. And the pin repair and restoration bussiness is booming too.

#219 4 years ago

I am prepared to take another batch of rotos to the powdercoater in a couple weeks. This means that if someone is interested in an LE roto, they can pick nearly any color of powdercoat they want for the finish. However, there will be a small delay in delivery since the PC process can take up to two weeks.

So if you are interested in a LE model in your choice of color, please PM me for more info.

Thanks

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from Clnilsen:

I have a lot of floor space, but not a lot of bench space. Anyone made a roll-around version of these?

You can clamp my premium roto on the top of a pair of sawhorses very securely. You just have to have extenders in one form or another attached.

#222 4 years ago

The 95% off sale for all rotisseries has now ended.

Yes that's right! They were listed at 95% off due to some kind of bug this morning that was affecting all shop items listed on Pinside. So to the folks who brought this to my attention...thanks. The bug appears to now be fixed, and orders can be placed again.

#226 4 years ago

Hey guys,
    I'm at a loss here. Opened the box mid-week happy to see a well packed product. Trying to assembly it today (Saturday) and would like to know
    how to attach the resistantance adjustment piece to the top of the A-Frame. No bolt, no bolt hole. Please see pictures. The first is what Bill shows
    in his original post. Looks good to me.
    The second picture is my parts that I do not see a Mating Pattern. Thoughts?
    Thanks. Murphy
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Is it only on one side or two? Looks like i did not drill the holes in the plate on the bottom of the plates. I will mail you new plates in less than an hour. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

#228 4 years ago

There is no need to drill the plastic blocks at all. I have the plates drilled and bolts installed and im now leaving for the post office. What happened is I tapped into a brand new bulk pack of the clamps, and forgot to drill the plates out first. I remember initially that I drilled all of clamp plates at one time, and even assemble the bolts and dropped them all in the bucket. When that bucket ran out, I had not yet had time to drill the new ones. But I WILL drill all of the new ones today, so it does not happen again.

Once these arrive, it will bolt together correctly. My apologies yet once again for the inconvenience.

#230 4 years ago

Thanks. I try to do my best. Even better I am taking steps to help ensure it does not happen again.

Murphey,
    Parts are at the post office. Should be there on Tuesday.

#234 4 years ago

Build status:
    Well I just sawed nearly 400 feet of metal, and this is looking to be a very big run for sure. Whewww! Drilling holes and construction begins tomorrow.

I am still on schedule to ship a roto to every one that has placed an order, and provided payment through the store, the week of January 27th. That means most folks will have it in hand by the end of the month. However, I need to close the door by Monday the 20th, to be able to meet that schedule.

So if you are looking to purchase either a Pro or Premium model, and you want it this month, please place your order no later than Monday. Orders placed after Monday may or may not see it shipped on that schedule. LEs will have a longer lead time due to having the powdercoated.

So as I mentioned before. It looks like I will do one, or occasionally two runs a month going forth. And the next run likely wont ship till mid or late February.

Finally...another big thanks for everyone that has made a purchase. It is very much appreciated, and I really hope you find it useful.

Bill

#235 4 years ago

I have been receiving orders for LE models in custom colored powder-coating. But I need to set a deadline to order one, if a custom color is desired.

So if anyone is wanting a LE model in a custom color, please place your order no later than January 29th. Any LE models wanted after that date, will only be offered in gloss black.

Here are the available powder-coating colors:
    www.ralcolor.com
    Just provide me the 4 digit RAL code.

Thanks

#236 4 years ago

Anybody have any pics of a WPC playfield on a rotisserie, BUT in the WB factory back in the day? I want to see how they attaching the PF in the factory. I am wondering if they were using the metal slide brackets on the bottom of the PF.

I am currently working on a new way to attach a WPC PF to the rotisserie, by using the slide brackets on the bottom of the PF.

Edit: Disregard the above. I found what I needed.

#238 4 years ago

Its my understanding the powdercoater can do any of those colors. But i will confirm early next week.

#240 4 years ago

Still a lot of work to do. Yes it is expected to work with the current rotos.

#242 4 years ago

Update:
    All Pro and Premium models for which I have received payment, are currently boxed and will ship out Monday morning. Thanks again for the purchases. This was a very large run.

I made some extras that can be configured for either a Pro or Premium models. So anyone wanting to purchase one of those should make payment no later than Monday the 27th, and it will ship that week.

I AM CURRENTLY HAVING SOME PAYPAL ISSUES that have made receiving payments this weekend a bit of a pain. If anybody has any issues placing there order, please contact me via PM. Hopefully its now working as it should.

#243 4 years ago

Update:
    All Pro and Premium model rotos for which I have received payment, have shipped out this morning via UPS.

LAST CALL for anyone wanting a roto from this latest run, which WILL ship this week. My next run will likely not begin till mid March, and wont ship till late March.

#244 4 years ago

LAST CALL FOR LE MODELS POWDERCOATED IN YOUR CHOICE OF COLOR.

Colors available at the following link:
    www.ralcolor.com
    Please provide me the RAL 4-digit code.

I will be dropping off a load of rotisseries to the powdercoater in the next few days. Those interested can make the purchase in my Pinside shop.

Thanks

20200102_161334 (resized).jpg20200102_161334 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #245 4 years ago

I am currently doing some design work on some L-shaped brackets that will attach to the rotating angles, and will hopefully allow you to attach to the PF side brackets of System 11, WPC, DE and Stern playfields. This means that the rear wall, and any components near the rear wall can be left installed on the PF. In short, your PF will attach the same way on my roto, as it would for the mega-expensive factory rotisseries. Again if all goes well.

My goal is to have a single design that will work with as many different make machines as possible. So far, WPC and Sys11 are looking really good. But I have some questions regarding the brackets on the Stern playfields.

Please take a look at this:
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5329-03

Can someone tell me if this is the COMMON playfield bracket used on most Stern playfields? I also need to know the following:
    - Diameter of the post
    - Length of the post (looks to be around 1/2" or so)
    - Distance from the dead center of the post, to the VERY rear edge of the PF (looks to be around 10" to 12" or so)

Also what similar bracket is being used on Jersey Jack, The same bracket as the stern maybe? That would sure be nice.

Thanks.

#248 4 years ago

NOW TAKING ORDERS for the February run of rotos. Please see post 1 for the links to my Pinside shop.
    I will be building shortly, and they will begin shipping the last week of February.

For those waiting on LE models from the January run. I am expecting to have them back from the powder coating this week. Looking to start shipping them out next week.

#251 4 years ago

Regarding the Stern PF side brackets. Are the SPIKE machines using the same brackets as the older SAM ones?

#252 4 years ago

Okay here are some teaser pics of my first brackets for supporting a System 11 playfield by the side pivot brackets. I will next add some additional holes so a WPC playfield can be fitted, and test it soon.
    20200212_174152 (resized).jpg20200212_174152 (resized).jpg20200212_174220 (resized).jpg20200212_174220 (resized).jpg

20200212_192909 (resized).jpg20200212_192909 (resized).jpg
    #256 4 years ago

You are spot on regarding the fulcrum. I am pretty confident that this early design is more than substantial regarding the welds. Although you cant see them in these pics. There are many more welds holding it together. I have also arranged the parts so there are no delicate butt welds to be stressed. Most joints are wrapped in one way or another.

So I have already found the weak point, and its with the angle pieces. Currently they are 1/8" thick, and they are twisting just a minor bit. Im going to make a new set out of 1/4" and see if they resist flexing.

I will be building an all new set of L brackets because these are a tad too short for WPC. I have also found a better way of building them that will make them even stronger than they are right now, and make installation easier.

I also wanted to see if there was any flex in the other parts, and there does not appear to be. Even the poly brackets are staying nice and true.

Oh and yes I agree a full frame is ideal. But its a non-starter because of what it likely cost to ship because of its longer parts. Hopefully these will ship in the same box as the rotos.

Stay tuned. Hopefully it will work out. It's looking good so far.

#257 4 years ago

Latest batch of powdercoated LE models have arrived. Sure was a colorful batch this time. They really look good.

I currently have one red LE roto available for sale, and ready to ship the next day. Please see post 1 if your interested.
    20200218_153002 (resized).jpg20200218_153002 (resized).jpg

#259 4 years ago

All LE models for which I have received payment, shipped out this morning.
    Thanks again for the purchases.

#260 4 years ago

LAST CALL FOR FEBRUARY ROTISSERIES.
    If you are looking to get one, and you want it by the end of the month, please place your order by the end of this weekend. See post #1 for links to my shop.

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I want the add-on! Lol when it is ready of course

So the SYS11, WPC arms will have to be attached to a new angle bracket, because the existing 1" x 1/8" thick bracket is twisting too much under the heavier load. The new angle bracket will be 1.5" x 1/4" thick, and will install the exact same way as the smaller one. With the thicker bracket, there is a total of 1 degree of twist relative to the a-frame, which is plenty acceptable. I think this also shows that the a-frame is up to the task for this mod. I will be testing a very heavy Getaway PF hopefully in the next week or so.

It appears the new arms should be used with the square extenders, and not the electrical conduit. There is a lot more stress on the extenders when loading and unloading the PF from the arms. The stress is greatly minimized when the PF is installed and secure.

So the side bracket mod will include a new larger angle bracket, the left arm, the right arm and the hardware. Everything will be drilled, and ready to install out right of the box. No idea on price yet. But it wont be cheap.

#264 4 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Will you be at the Louisville Arcade Expo, Bill? Looks like you're so busy with these, you may not have any to sell there.

Sadly, I wont be bringing any machines this year. But I may come up just to play for the day.

#265 4 years ago

All rotisseries that I have received payment for, have shipped out via UPS. Thanks again for all of the rotos purchased in February.

Now accepting orders for the next run in March. See post 1 for liks to my shop.

#267 4 years ago

I am ready to test fit them to a WPC. Will try to do it maybe this weekend, or early next week. That machine is not at my home unfortunately.

#270 4 years ago

Yes as long as its not wider than 30". No Hercules.

Currently all Pro and Premium models are sold out. I will start building the next batch mid-March, and they will ship late March.
    I do have one red powdercoated LE than can go out the next day though.

#276 4 years ago

Yep all of the LE models sold out again. I already have several orders placed for the March run, and the build will be around the the 3rd week there of.

Anyone who wants an LE model can place an order, and submit their requests for a custom color. Again refer to www.ralcolor.com and provide me the color code. As usual, it will take a bit more time to get these delivered due to the finishing process.

Regarding the sys11/wpc side mounting system. Expect some exciting news on it very soon. Stay tuned.

#284 4 years ago

Update on the Pindoc "Sidekick". Yep that's what I am calling the SYS11/WPC side mount system. In about 2-3 weeks, I am going to make a fixture to build the first final design parts.

Still dont know the final price at this time. But there is a "precision-ness" with making the sidekick, that is not really required for the roto itself. So that will influence the price a little bit. But I am suspecting it will cost around the same, or not much less than the roto. Will just have to wait and see.

Again it will work with all SYS11 and WPC standard/widebody playfields using this bracket
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8726-L-1

and WPC standard/widebody playfields that use this bracket:
    https://www.pinballlife.com/playfield-slide-assembly-left.html

So for anyone who is seriously looking to purchase a Pindoc sidekick. Please send me a PM with "sidekick" in the subject line, so I can gauge the interest here. Again it will work with every Pindoc rotisserie out there that has been sold.

Here are some detailed pics of the prototype model. The new angle bracket is larger and thicker.
    20200304_135506 (resized).jpg20200304_135506 (resized).jpg20200304_135515 (resized).jpg20200304_135515 (resized).jpg

#287 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

So to be sure I understand your pricing, you’re saying $190 for the rotisserie plus $190 give or take a few dollars for the adapter. So $380 for the complete setup?

In that ballpark...yes.

#288 4 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Will this fit the playfield sliders that most WPC machines have? The bracket you posted I believe is for machines like Diner and TAF which have playfields that only go up and down and don’t slide forward like IJ and BSD. Please check on that.

I just revised that post above to provide more clarity. Yes it will work with the WPC sliding type mounts too. Here is a Getaway PF with the sliding type mounts, and working as intended. Notice the pics showing the assembled unit above. There are multiple holes to allow it to adjust from standard PF width, to widebody PF width.

#290 4 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

Confirm the other end still uses clamps?

Yes. You will need to remove the apron and the two hangers. The c-clamps will then hold the front of the PF like a vice.

#292 4 years ago

I will be on vacation, and out of the country for about a week or so. That means I wont be able to answer any emails or concerns. Should be returning around the 16th. When I do return, I will start tooling up for the sidekicks. Looks like there is a good bit of interest for them, so I am taking the next step.

My prototype appears to be doing very well. It has been loaded up practically since the time I built it, and Getaway is a freaking heavy table too.

#293 4 years ago

I will be selling the two early prototype rotisseries that I still have. The original one with lock bolts will go for $90, and the one with the poly clamps will go for $120. Both work very well. Would prefer a local pickup from Central KY. But will also ship, but buyer pays shipping.

20200304_135709 (resized).jpg20200304_135709 (resized).jpg20200304_135612 (resized).jpg20200304_135612 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #294 4 years ago

Update:

I just bought a ton of steel today for the March run of rotos, and I managed to beat the coming price increase on steel due to C19. This means that all my rotos WILL have to have a price increase, likely starting next month. It also appears that the price increase will be around 20% to 25% or so until things get back to normal.

So anyone looking to get a roto at the current price points. Please get you order in ASAP, and I will very likely get them shipped by end of March or early April...excluding LE models. All rotos for which I have already received payment, will ship by end of the month.

I am also starting to tool up for the sidekicks, and I hope to have some built by the end of the month. I will also try to have a price for them as well.

Please contact me with any questions or concerns.

Thanks

#295 4 years ago

Two more days to place any orders for LE models in your choice of color. They should ship early to mid April.

So if you want a LE model powder-coated in any of the colors here:
    www.ralcolor.com
    Please place your order no later than Monday morning.

Please contact me with any questions or concerns.
    Thanks.

#297 4 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

SIDEKICK...SIDEKICK....SIDEKICK.....cmon everyone join in lmao

The materials are bought and cut for eight sidekicks. They will start going together early next week, after I build about ten more rotos. Im still trying to streamline the build process a bit, but I am very close.

Everyone who is interested in a sidekick. Please send me a PM with the subject "sidekick". I can go ahead and start compiling the list of potential buyers. Again, I can provide eight of them in the first run. More are likely to follow, but I am looking for feedback from the first ones sold before starting a second run.

#301 4 years ago

Yes I can offer powdercoating on the side kicks. But i need to get the quote from the powdercoating shop on monday or tuesday.

I will plan on posting sidekick pricing no later than wednesday night.

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Keep me posted on price. Probably going to buy it also

Will do.

#305 4 years ago

Lots of big progress on the sidekicks today. Many hurdles cleared. I am currently doing one last test fit of the sidekick production square arms on the WPC brackets, and will very likely have some production sidekicks constructed tomorrow. Sidekicks are going fast. Everyone who has already contacted me is in line for one. But I have a few left.

Last call for LE rotos in your choice of color. If you are looking for ONLY a LE roto and NOT a sidekick. Please go ahead and place your order now, and provide me your choice of color. If you are looking for a LE roto and a LE sidekick. Please send me a PM with your choice of color so it can be reserved.

#307 4 years ago

Due to Covid19, there might be difficulties getting rotos powdercoated for this current run. The Governor has now shut down all NON-essential businesses in the state, and that means the powdercoating shop has locked the doors. I spoke to them yesterday, and they are going to determine what their operation schedules will be going forward by the end of the week, or early next week. Hopefully they can either commit, or not commit no later than Monday next week. So as a result of folks wanting powdercoated sidekicks, there was going to be a small delay this week anyway since I wont have the sidekicks built till late week.

So in the event that the powdercoater CANT provide the service for this run. Those who have already made payment for LE rotos can either purchase a Premium roto and receive a $70 refund, or request a full refund.

THE GOOD NEWS IS that I should not be encountering any issues with purchasing materials, or shipping units out. So that means that I can provide Pro and Premium rotos without any significant impacts or delays due to C19. Same goes for sidekicks.

So I will be contacting the powdercoating shop at the end of the week, and once I have more info on their status, I will post it up.

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

wrd1972, I sent you a PM a couple days ago? Did you get it?

Just replied to your PM.

#310 4 years ago

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON PINDOC ROTOS

It is my understanding that the STATE government will be shutting down all NON life-essential businesses starting at 8PM on Thursday 26th. This might impact my ability to get units out. For those who have already purchased a Pro or Premium model, THEY WILL SHIP TOMORROW.

If anyone wants a roto, I CAN GET IT SHIPPED tomorrow upon receiving payment, and beat the shut-down. This may be your only chance to get a Pindoc roto in the near future.

Sidekick production process is still in the build design phase. Still lots of kinks to work out to ensure a reasonable cost. They are certainly much more difficult to make compared to the rotos.

So if you would like to receive a Pro or Premium roto, please place your order ASAP. LE models are on hold for a while.

Please contact me with any concerns.

Thanks

#311 4 years ago

FYI the prototype rotos have all now been sold.

Orders are coming in like crazy, and I will build rotos all night if I must. Rest assured that all purchased rotos WILL ship tomorrow before the shut-down. Please see post 1 for ordering information.

#312 4 years ago

Last call for Pro and Premium model rotos. All orders placed before 2PM today, will ship out today.
    See post one for links to my shop.

#314 4 years ago

I have rotos built right now and they can ship today. Still working on the build process for the sidekicks since they are taking longer to build than I expected.

#315 4 years ago

Oh and I have lots of metal already pre-cut, and they could be built in very short order. Just need to wait and see when the UPS store will be back open in order to ship.

#316 4 years ago

All rotisseries for which I have sent payment have been shipped via UPS.
    Many thanks for the purchases.

1 week later
    #318 4 years ago

Big update on the Sidekicks.

I now have my final design for the sidekick completed. It will attach to the following playfields:
    -System 11 20-1/4" wide (single pivot)
    -WPC standard 20-1/4" wide (pivot or sliding mount)
    -WPC widebody 23-1/4" wide (pivot or sliding mount)

Price on the sidekicks will start at $180.00 shipped. I will offer a 10% discount off of the total cost of a Premium or LE rotisserie, when the sidekick is also purchased. For the folks that have already purchased a Premium or LE roto from me, I will sell you a sidekick for 10% off through May 31st 2020.

The sidekicks are VERY challenging to make compared to the rotos. There is a significant amount more precision, complexity and time needed to build them. In short...I can build three rotos in the time it takes to build a single sidekick.

I currently have the metal on-hand to build several sidekicks, and the shipping boxes and hardware will arrive mid-week. I am looking to send the first ones out no later than the end of the month. However if there are delays, I will post them here on this thread.

For those that get the first ones...PLEASE provide me feedback via PM regarding your experience with it because it is critical that I get it in order to make any tweaks that may be needed. At this time, I have fully tested the sidekick on a Williams Whirlwind, and a William Getaway. In both cases, it worked completely as expected, with no issues.

The Sidekick will include all of the required hardware to mount the playfields listed above.

Here is the link to make a purchase:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations/03629-pindoc-sidekick

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg

#319 4 years ago

NOW ACCEPTING ORDERS for the April run of PinDoc rotisseries and SideKicks. I am now able to ship again WITHOUT any delays, and I am also able to provide the powdercoating once again for the LE models.

Here is the link to my shop with all the rotos and sidekicks:

Again I am offering a 10% discount for roto/sidekick combo purchases. Please use discount code "PINDOC-BIG10" to receive your discount when competing your purchase.

The cost of steel is expected to increase in the near future due to C19. However, I am still able to maintain my current prices, but there is a possibility that the cost of rotos and sidekickas may go up in the near future. Just FYI.

2 weeks later
    #326 3 years ago

Update:
    I will be building the April run of rotos and sidekicks this weekend. At current, there are no impacts that should affect me building, powdercoating or shipping. So for those that would anything one from this run. Please make payment by this weekend and it will be reserved. Again LE models are now available again. Links to my shop to make a purchase, are on post #1 of this thread.

#327 3 years ago

Really glad the rotos are meeting your expectations.

So I have been doing a full PF swap on a Williams Whirlwind, and could not be more happy with the job that they perform. I have a pair of rotos set up side by side, and I stand between two and transfer parts from the old to the new. I dont have to worry about parts piling up, and forgetting what goes where. Basically a part comes of, and then it goes right back on in a very smooth stress free manner. I was also very pleased with how quick the process was, by doing it this way.

So for anyone wanting to purchase multiple rotos, I will now offer a 10% discount on Premiums and LEs only. PM me if interested.

Here are some pics of my setup:

20200329_142343 (resized).jpg20200329_142343 (resized).jpg20200330_174712 (resized).jpg20200330_174712 (resized).jpg20200330_174733 (resized).jpg20200330_174733 (resized).jpg
    #341 3 years ago

Building rotos and sidekicks this very minute. Metal chips and sparks are a flying.

Anyone interested in units from April run should place their orders ASAP. All Pro and Premium units will ship before the end of this month. I am shooting for LE models to ship around the 2nd week of May.

#342 3 years ago

Last call for rotos and sidekicks from the April run. Extras made. Ships in 3 days excluding LE models.

#343 3 years ago

Update:
    All Pro and Premium Rotos, and Sidekicks for which I received payment have shipped. Many thanks for these orders.

I currently have 3 extra Rotos built that can be configured either Pro or Premium, and 1 premium Sidekick left. I can ship these within three days after receiving payment for anyone interested.

I also will have the following LE units available for sale in a couple weeks:
    -2x Bright red LE Rotos
    -1x Black LE Roto
    -2x Black LE Sidekicks

I could possibly reconfigure the colors above if purchase is made in the next few days, and I am contacted.

I expect the May run of units to be built the weekend of May 23rd.

Thanks

#344 3 years ago

By request. Here is a quick vid of the sidekick in action on a System11 playfield. Note the stability and the additional holes to attach to a WPC playfield as well.

Tested up to 60RPM. LOL

#346 3 years ago

Yes have a helper. I am almost done with an install guide that will help out. Absolutely requires two people.

1 week later
    #349 3 years ago

Many thanks for you order Mslow and Ken.

I currently have one more Black LE Rotisserie for sale from last months run. Looking to be able to ship it next week if anyone is interested. PM me regarding any other custom colors.

I am also gearing up for the May run of Rotos and Sidekicks. Links to my items in the shop are located on #1 of this thread.

1 week later
    #354 3 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I think it could be an "add-on" feature like the Sidekick. Who knows, maybe Bill will go for it.

Its on my list for the next option. The sidekicks turned into a much more massive undertaking that I expected they would, and they consumed a lot of time. But I have now settled on my final design.

I have something in mind for these smaller brackets. I fully expect it will happen soon.

#355 3 years ago

Lots of updates to mention today:

All LE Rotos from the May run are now shipped.

I am preparing to build Rotos and Sidekicks this weekend. That means if anyone would like to get one from this months run, please get your orders in ASAP. All Pro and Premium Rotos ordered by the end of this weekend, will ship by the end of the month, and LE models will ship early to mid June.

NOW SHIPPING TO CANADA!
    Yes that's correct! Did not want you guys out in the cold any longer.

So in general, there will be an additional $40 dollar charge to ship to Canada at a minimum. That charge my increase depending on location. So for those folks who are interested, please contact me via PM for a shipping quote.

#356 3 years ago

Just built a bunch of rotos, to mostly cover all units sold during the month of May, but ran out of metal again. Always happens on a Saturday. Will pick up again early in the week.

All paid-for NON LE models will ship mid next week to late next week. I will also be taking a batch of Rotos to the powdercoater next week too. This means anyone wanting a LE model can have their choice of color from ralcolor.com

#357 3 years ago

All paid for Pro and Premium Rotos from the May build have now shipped. Thanks for the orders.

#365 3 years ago

Great pics of the rotos in action, and being finished out. Please keep em' coming.

I am currently working on a design for some sliding adapters so the front of the PF can be mouted up without using c-clamps. The adapters will attach to the holes where the hanger brackets are located on the front of the PF. So that means the apron will still need to come off.

Jim5six,
    Those are some excellent designed adapters that you have created. Thanks for sharing. Keep us updated how they are working out.

#366 3 years ago

Due to cost increases in materials. I will be raising the prices of all Rotos and Sidekicks by 5% starting the month of July. This will is be an increase of $10 for all items across the board.

The current pricing will remain intact for the entire month of June, and those who are wanting to beat the price increase should place their orders in the next couple of weeks. I will be starting the June build next weekend, which is a bit earlier than typical.

I currently have (2) Pro/Premium rotos in stock for immediate shipping. No waiting folks!

Click below to place orders:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations-shop

#369 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

I will take that Sidekick.

Boxing it up now.
    Thanks.

#370 3 years ago

All Rotos are now currently sold out. But taking orders for the upcoming June build:

Click below to place orders:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations-shop

#372 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

happy to hear this and ready to order once they are ready

First big design hurdle cleared for the adjustable, clamp-less front moutning adapters. Looking to have a prototype created by this weekend, maybe sooner.

#373 3 years ago

All LE Rotos and Sidekicks for which I have received payments, will ship in the morning.
    Thanks for the orders guys.

#374 3 years ago

Does anybody have the Jabetc rottiserie from Marco or elsewhere, AND the box and instructions that came with it.
    If so, can someone please send me a PM.
    Thanks

#376 3 years ago

By popular demand, I will now be offering "Sliders" for my Rotos.

By adding Sliders to your Pindoc rotisserie, you can mount the front of the playfield to the roto by using the hanger holes, instead of using c-clamps.

The Sliders are constructed from 1-1/4" 14 gauge square tubing, 1/2" x 1" flat metal, and 1/2" bolts, and are similar to the ones that rx3 posted up recently. Needless to say, strong as Hell.

Currently, they will work with all playfields that use the typical Williams/Bally metal hangers. They will also be sold in pairs, but price is still to be determined.

So for the folks that might be interested in the Sliders, will you please send me a PM with the Subject line "sliders". Here are some early pics.

IMG_20200611_202532 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202532 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202616 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202616 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202637 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202637 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202715 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202715 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202746 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202746 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #381 3 years ago

No plan at this time to include the Sliders with rotisseries. They are technically NOT required to attach the PF to the roto, plus they would greatly increase the sale price of the rotos as well. At this time, they will be an option just like the Sidekicks.

I have purchased materials for a full run, and will determine the sale price by the end of this weekend. I have already added the Sliders to my shop, but I still need to revise the sale price once I have it.

#382 3 years ago

The June build begins tomorrow! Still taking orders on Rotos and Sidekicks. All items (excluding LE) will ship before the end of the month. Sliders (excluding LE) will start shipping early July. The Sliders will be order-able by the end of the weekend.

BEAT THE PRICE INCREASE COMING IN JULY!!!
    Starting next month. All the prices on all items will increase 5%. This is due to a cost increase on materials.

Also by popular demand. I will also now be including thumb-bolts for the extenders on all Premium, and LE rotisseries, at no extra cost.

Click the following link, to place orders:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1730-pindoc-restorations

#385 3 years ago

Thanks for posting. But the additional costs are not just limited to the metal.

It may not appear so on the surface, but there is a large supply chain, and other moving pieces that go into build these things. Also I don't currently buy any metal on-line. Could not even begin to imagine what the cost of shipping that kind of size and weight would be. Yikes!

All my metal is purchased locally, and I simply haul it as needed in my Chevy Avalanche. I would love to know how many thousands of pounds I have already hauled. Overall I do believe I am getting the best deal possible from my metal retailer.

But in the end, the cost increase only amounts to 5%, and most of it appears to be due to C19. But again, its not just limited to metal.

1 week later
    #389 3 years ago

Last call on all Rotos. Shipments are going out today. I have some extras ready to go.

#391 3 years ago

All Pro and Premium items (excluding Canadian) have shipped. All LE items have been dropped off at the powdercoat shop, and will ship mid-July. Thanks again for the purchases guys.

Still honoring current price points for the rest of July, and those purchases will ship end of July. Four more days left.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1730-pindoc-restorations

1 week later
    #392 3 years ago

Update:
    All powdercoated items are expected to be ready on the 13th, and will start shipping shortly thereafter.

Now taking orders for the July build of Pindoc products. Orders can be placed in the shop by clicking the following link:

#393 3 years ago

Update:
    All LE powdercoated products from the June build have now shipped via UPS.

The July build will begin on the 26th, and all Pro/Premium items will ship before months end. All LE items will ship mid-August. All orders can be placed at the below link:

#395 3 years ago

The Sliders will slide over the rotating 1/8" angle stock, and solidly clamp in place with the 1/2" bolts (see attachment).

The Williams/Bally PF will attach to the arms on the sliders using the same bolt locations as the hanger brackets. I will have my Grand Lizard up on a Roto here soon, but I dont have any action pics. Maybe someone will post some up.
    hanger (resized).pnghanger (resized).png

#398 3 years ago

Not exactly.
    Please send me a PM and we can swap pics and dimensions and tweak them to fit those too. The purpose of the 1/4" thick 1" wide arm is so that i could add holes to fit DE, Gott and Stern too. Ready when you are.

#399 3 years ago

I currently have two LE rotisseries in Red, and two LE rotisseries in Black boxed and ready to ship. No waiting folks!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations/03115-pindoc-rotisserie

#401 3 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

Okay, I just bought one...send me a red one.
    The name is under James A. In Texas.

Red it is. Ships tomorrow.
    Thanks James.

Thats two of them sold. Still have two left.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations/03115-pindoc-rotisserie

#402 3 years ago

The July build begins today. All Pro/Prem orders placed by the end of Monday will ship next week. LE items will ship mid August.

Here is a link to my shop:

#406 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrboboto:

Just put in an order. Hope I wasn't too late!

Your lucky day thanks to a last minute spurt of orders.
    It will ship no later than this Friday.

Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

wrd1972 - Question on the powdercoat: Does your shop put a primer coat on first or only the color coat? I took my standard edition in to my local shop and they gave me the option but we decided not to since the rotisserie was going to be inside only.

The shop I use starts by bead-blasting the entire metal surface to remove all contaminates, and to "rough-up" the surface for best adhesion. Then it gets an initial light powdercoat which sort of acts as a primer to improve adhesion. Then after several minutes, it gets the heavier second coat. No cheap sub-par chemical cleaning processes prior to the powdercoat going on.

In the end, the finish is excellent and super durable, and I could not be more pleased with it. I really believe I am offering a top quality powdercoat finish for the LE items.

Hope that helps.

#407 3 years ago

All Pro/Premium Rotos and accessories from the July build have now been shipped. Also includes the Roto for mrboboto.

I will be dropping off all LE items for powdercoating at the shop tomorrow. I expect they will start ship mid August. Thanks everyone for the orders .

1 week later
    #408 3 years ago

Now taking orders for the August build which will begin around the 22nd, and will ship prior to the end of the month.

I also have two LE Rotos in gloss black available, and will ship in less than 48 hours.

1 week later
    #410 3 years ago

Looks very nice Mitch. I decided to use this same color for my personal roto as well.
    Thanks again for the purchase.

#412 3 years ago

All LE items have now been picked up from the shop, and will ship no later than this Saturday. Also the August build begins next week. Still taking orders:

Pro and Premium items will ship before months end.

#416 3 years ago

Thanks for the review 500. Lots of good info in thee for sure. Your roto really turned out very nicely.

There are several ways to clean the bare metal to prepare it for paint. I used green Scotchbrite and purple power and that did a decent job. I can see where the flapper wheel can do a better job though as well. Ultimately the metal needs to have all of the rust-inhibitor removed that the steel factory applied to the metal to prevent rust while in storage. The best way to clean the metal is with a bead-blast cabinet assuming you have availability to one. Maybe some of the others who have done this can chime in on the way they did it.

So I have had a few others mention that they would have preferred to have gone the powder-coat route, rather than paint it themselves. One other huge benefit with the LE rotos is that the shop will bead-blast the metal prior to the powder-coat. This provides a very clean and smooth surface, plus it removes any additional small burs that may be present. Lastly the powder coat is many times more durable and solvent resistant than the rattle can.

I now have an instruction sheet to explain how to use the Sidekick. Yes it is tricky and ABSOLUTELY requires the assistance of a helper. But it gets much easier the second time being used.

Lastly the differences in the Pintisserie and my unit are pretty striking. Here are some of the obvious advantages:
    -Mine is constructed from much thicker steel. The premium model weighs in at nearly 21 pounds.
    -Mine has the adjustable rotation bearings, and not the lock bolts that do a poor job of applying the desired rotational resistance.
    -Mine has larger bolts and threaded features that are not going to strip out over time.
    -Mine is made in the USA.

Thanks again for the review and the pics. I really hope it continues to serve you well on down the road.

#418 3 years ago

Setting up for this months run. However I currently have one LE roto in black ready for immediate ship. No waiting.

#419 3 years ago

So I finally built my own LE roto in blue powder-coat. Currently doing a hardtop install on my Grand Lizard playfield.

glht (resized).jpegglht (resized).jpeg
    #420 3 years ago

Completing the August build tomorrow. Last call for rotos and accessories for this month. All items excluding LE items ship this Saturday.

3 weeks later
    #421 3 years ago

Metal is stocked and cut and I will start the Septemeber build of rotisserie and accessories this coming up weekend. Still taking orders for this months build.

All Pro and Premium units will ship by the 30th. All LE units will ship 2nd or 3rd week of October.

#422 3 years ago

The September build is happening right now. Last call to place an order for rotos and accessories for this month.

#423 3 years ago

Update on the September Build.
    All purchased Pro/Premium Rotos and accessories have now shipped via UPS. Also all LE units have been dropped off at the powdercoating shop and should be ready to pick up in about two weeks.

Thanks all for the September purchases.

#424 3 years ago

Ended up building some extra items this month. Get em while they last!

I currently have 4 Pro/Premium Rotos in stock and ready for immediate shipping, and I also built some extra LE Rotos in Gloss black powdercoat too. The LE models will arrive in about a week or so, and I expect to be shipping out all those items Mid October. Normal Monthly build will begin towards the end of October.

Thanks all for the recent purchases. September was a monster month for Rotos and accessories for sure.

1 week later
    #425 3 years ago

All LE items (excluding Cobalt Blue) have shipped out. Hoping to have the Cobalt Blue items this week.
    Thanks all for the orders.

Now taking orders for the October run of Rotos and accessories.

#426 3 years ago

All Cobalt Blue LE items have now shipped out via UPS.

I current have the following LE Items in stock for immediate ship - no waiting:
    1 LE Roto in Black
    2 LE Sidekicks in Black
    6 LE Sliders in Black

Now taking orders for all other items for the October build which will begin in about a week or so.

#427 3 years ago

By popular request. Here are the most popular colors folks have requested for their LE items.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #432 3 years ago

Some real good information there. Thanks for posting the video for Sidekick setup Leebo.

#433 3 years ago

The October build is under way. Just three more days to place an order if you are wanting items (pro and premium) from this months build. These items will ship next week.

Orders can be placed using the following link:

#435 3 years ago

Had a late flurry of LE roto purchases, so I am going to extend the ordering window about another 5 days. So anyone wanting any LE items in their choice of color should place their order no later than November Thursday November 5th. I expect these LE orders to ship mid to late November or so.

Ordering link below:

FYI I am expecting to build and fulfill rotos and accessories in December. But there will be additional delays due to the Christmas holiday. I expect no significant delays for any items purchased in the month of Novemeber.

#437 3 years ago

Pindoc tech-tip for everyone with the Sidekick. When using the Sidekick on playfields with the WPC sliding playfield brackets. If you grind down one side of the head of the large bolts. These bolts will now very nicely install on the inside of the bracket as shown, and they will not be allowed to rotate. This greatly simplifies the sidekick attaching process. Again this is only helpful for the WPC sliding playfield bracket.

Also, all Sidekicks sold going forward will now include the ground down 1/2" bolts.
    Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).pngUntitled1 (resized).pngUntitled1 (resized).png

#438 3 years ago

The November build of Pindoc rotos and accessories will begin a little early this month. This will begin this Saturday the 21st. Now taking orders for all items.

#441 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

Love this rotisserie! I bought one of the first ones last year and it's held up great. Rock solid, even using the $1.88/ea five foot .5" conduit. So nice to be able to ditch the saw horses and use a proper table-top for playfield work.
    My only regret was not waiting long enough to see that you'd eventually offer a colored, powder-coated version. Cleaning up the protective grease coating from those first units was a pain, but well worth it. [quoted image]

Very nice setup there. My pool table looks very much like your ping-pong table. A major catch-all for working on pins.
    Yeah you were one of my very first customers from what I remember. Very happy to hear the roto is doing well.

#443 3 years ago

Last call for Pindoc Rotos and accessories from the Novemeber build. I will be doing a December build, but there may be delays that will cause me to have to have to ship in early January. No delays for November .

Link to the order page:

1 week later
    #448 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

I purchased the sidekick on Nov 8th and just came to this thread to find that they’re not in production yet. I understand you’re a startup/small business, but it would be helpful if you posted something about timeframe for delivery in the shop and not just on the thread.
    My life is not in the balance waiting for the items and I love the rotisserie! Just a suggestion so that people who expect to click->pay->receive aren’t disappointed.

Frog,
    I believe I have very clearly spoken to the terms of delivery in my shop as shown in the ATTACHMENT, and also in the manner that you have suggested. This is actually the same shop page where you made your purchase. I also make mention to this in a secondary location within the shop policies which can also be found on the main shop page. I am going to safely assume that you simply overlooked this information regarding delivery.

As a few others have already mentioned, and as stated in the attachment. I typically do one large build a month and that is always the last weekend of that month because I do have a regular full-time job. So because you placed your order early in the month, that meant that you would have a longer wait for it to arrive. I really do pride myself in keeping buyers very informed regarding the status of their purchases. Lastly I also would not really consider myself a small business, but rather just a Pinhead in the basement with a welder trying to support my silver ball addiction.

The good news is that your items shipped out yesterday via UPS, and the remainder of the NON LE items are shipping out today.

#450 3 years ago

All NON LE items have now shipped out via UPS. Many thanks for the Novemeber orders.

All LE items have been dropped off at the powdercoater. Hoping to see them back in about a week.

Now taking orders for the December build of Rotos and accessories.
    Link to the order page:

#452 3 years ago

Wow the powder-coater got my items finished very quickly this month. All LE items are currently being boxed and will ship no later than this Monday...likely sooner.

I have the following items IN-STOCK for immediate shipping:
    -LE Rotisserie powder-coated in black
    -LE Sidekick powder-coated in black
    -LE Sliders 4x pairs
    -Premium Rotisserie
    -Pro Rotisserie

Link to the order page:

#455 3 years ago

All LE items from the November build have now shipped out via UPS.
    Thanks for the orders.

I have the following items IN-STOCK (NO WAITING) for immediate shipping:
    -LE Sliders 4x pairs
    -Premium Rotisserie
    -Prem Sliders 2X
    -Pro Rotisserie

Link to the order page:

#456 3 years ago

At long last, here is the detailed video tutorial to install and use the Pindoc Sidekick:

Many thanks to Leebo for helping to create the video.

#459 3 years ago

A lot of folks have been asking about the tables I have used for some of my pics. This is the current 4ft table I use under my Rotos when I am doing a playfield swap. This is a 4ft folding table that does not take up much space, and is plenty strong for use with my Rotisseries. Of course it can be used for countless other purposes too.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

This can be purchased at Amazon of course, and occasionally at Costco.

#461 3 years ago

Well, it's been about a year since I started selling the Pindoc Rotisseries to the community, and it's been an overwhelming success! I really want to thank everyone who has made a purchase and I truly hope the Rotos have met all of your expectations. I can certainly say they continue to meet mine since I use them quite often for big restorations.

NOW INTRODUCING WORLDWIDE SHIPPING! I have had many folks from Australia and New Zealand asking for this, so I am now ready to make it happen. I have already made several shipments to Canada and recently a couple clear across the world.

Anyone interested in International shipping can refer to the "shop policies" on the order page for full details.

#463 3 years ago

What pin is that RCA? I dont recogize it.

#466 3 years ago

Nice. Glad the roto is working nicely.

Ive got a Bally Paragon widebody on one of my rotos in preparation for a playfield swap. First time I have had a widebody on it and it worked perfectly.

#468 3 years ago

Here are some shots of the Bally Paragon Wide-body on my roto. I think this is the widest PF out there - maybe the Ataris are bigger but I am not sure. I will be setting up two rotisserie side by side for the PF swap just like I did for the Whirlwind I did back in the summer.
    XuL0de8A (resized).jpegXuL0de8A (resized).jpeg

iVfZ5eh0 (resized).jpegiVfZ5eh0 (resized).jpeg
    #470 3 years ago

I have the following items IN-STOCK (NO WAITING) for immediate shipping if order is placed no later than December 18th:
    -LE Sliders 4x pairs
    -Premium Rotisserie
    -Prem Sliders 2X
    -Pro Rotisserie

Link to the order page:
    Now shipping worldwide!

Orders received after December 18th wont ship till the end of the month.

#472 3 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Have you made sliders for High Speed yet?
    Ken

The current sliders should work with HS right now, I can safely say that they will fit all Bally/Williams playfields from 70's through the end of the 90's that use this bracket:

#473 3 years ago

All rotisseries have shipped out for every order that has been placed. Thanks for the purchases.

Still taking orders for the late December build. Any purchased rotos (excuding LE) will ship by the end of the month. However I do have a black LE that can ship by end of month.

#474 3 years ago

Merry Christmas pinhead community.

The December build of Pindoc Rotisseries and accessories will begin on the 28th. All non-LE items will ship by the end of December or very early January.

I still have one black LE roto and one black LE Sidekick in stock for immidiate shipping. Other LE items will require an additional couple weeks to ship out.

Here is a link to my shop
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restoration

Hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas and happy new year.

#475 3 years ago

All Pindoc products from the December build have now shipped. Many thanks for the orders guys.

All items are sold out EXCEPT for the following:
    -Premium Rotisserie
    -2x Premium Sliders
    -2x LE Sliders in Black powdercoat

BUY TONIGHT, SHIP TOMORROW. Here is a link to my shop:

I do plan to do a January build and it will start around the 24th or so.

Happy New Years Pinheads.

2 weeks later
    #478 3 years ago

Currently doing a Ball widebody Paragon playfield swap on a pair of Rotos. Definitely much tougher than the Whirlwind I recently did with all of the stapled wires and such under the PF. Being able to remove a part from the old PF and placing it immediately on the new PF really makes it much easier, and faster for sure. This prevents the numerous parts from loosely piling up, and I don't have to worry about forgetting where they go on the PF too.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#482 3 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

I can see how that would make things a lot easier--I may have to order me another one!

Thanks for the second of an LE roto Tom.

Words dont do justice how much easier it is to do PF swaps with two rotos. I currently have 16 hours in the Paragon and I am maybe five hours away from having all of the under-PF swapped over, and that includes having to solder every single bulb, and 75% of the harness connections not to mention stapleing down all of the non-insulated wire. This is my toughest swap to date.

If this were a SYS11 or newer, the underside would already be done and I would be working on the top. My last swap was a Whirlwind and it was done in about 22 hours including polishing stainless and cleaning what needed cleaning.

I do also think the single best benefit is that you just don't have parts piling up all over the place too. Once you remove anything from the old PF, just install it on the new. Whole process just goes smooth as silk. Another big plus is I can reference the cut wires from the parts on the old PF in real time and ensure that the connections are properly made on the new one. So I cut all wires from bulbs, coils etc but leave about an 1" left attached so I can reference the wire color codes as needed. I find I have no need to take notes at all, and I only need a minimal number for a few of the more complex areas. I guaretee you will love the second unit.

Here is how Paragon is now looking after 16 hours:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #483 3 years ago

Many thanks to everyone who purchased my Pindoc Rotos and accessories in 2020. Since the interest and sales far exceeded my greatest expectations, I am planning to continue offering all items into 2021.

NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR THE JANUARY BUILD.
    All Pro and Premium items will ship around the end of January. All the LE items will ship early to mid February. Please click below to place any orders.

#486 3 years ago

STILL TAKING ORDERS FOR THE JANUARY BUILD!!!
    All Pro and Premium items will ship around the end of January. All the LE items will ship early to mid February. Please click below to place any orders.

Click here to place an order:

#487 3 years ago

Selling my last used (early model) Pindoc Rotisserie.
    This model is spray-painted red but the finish is a little rough around the edges. Could easily be repainited in your color or choice, or use as-is. The roto works flawless just like a brand new Pro model. Works right out of the box once attached to some 1/2" conduit or Premium extenders.

Asking $125 shipped (as seen in the pics) and you purchase 1/2" electrical conduit tubing ($5 at lowes).
    or
    Asking $150 shipped WITH premium extenders just like my Premium roto.

Please PM me if interested for payment information. Lastly, I can ship this item out right away. Sorry, can not hold for later payment.

Thanks

#488 3 years ago

...and the used model has been sold to Jeff on Facebook. Je scooped it up in less than one minute. lol
    Thanks Jeff.

#491 3 years ago

All Pro and Premium Pindoc orders have shipped out.
    Many thanks for the orders guys. I really appreciate the business and I hope the rotos meet all of your expectations.

All LE items are currently built and will be dropped off at the powder-coating shop on Monday. I am still looking at early-mid February for them to ship out. January was a big month for LE rotos. Thanks again guys.

PS: I will have a pair of extra LE rotos powder-coated in black, as well as a pair of Sidekicks and sliders available for sale.

Please click below to place an order:

#492 3 years ago

I have updated the popular powder-coat colors and samples for the LE models:

All powder coat is a medium-high gloss and is extremely durable.

#493 3 years ago

I can now confirm that the Pindoc Roto and Sidekick can work with Gottlieb Premier (sys3) pins. In order to make the Sidekick attach to the playfield, you need to first drill a 1/2" hole in the playfield pivot bracket, then simply turn the brackets around 180 degrees. Once that has been done the Sidekick will bolt right up. I just did this to a Rescue 911 and it is working like a charm.

aa (resized).jpgaa (resized).jpgbb (resized).jpgbb (resized).jpgcc (resized).jpgcc (resized).jpgdd (resized).jpgdd (resized).jpgee (resized).jpgee (resized).jpgff (resized).jpgff (resized).jpggg (resized).jpggg (resized).jpg
    #494 3 years ago

The LE items are now back and ready to be boxed up.
    All items will be boxed up ASAP. Items will go out this Saturday, or early next week.

I currently have the following in-stock that can go out early next week:
    -3x LE Rotisseries (black powder-coat)
    -2x LE Sidekicks (black powder-coat)
    -6x LE Sliders (black powder-coat)
    -3x Premium Rotisseries
    -2x Premium Sidekicks
    -4x Premium Sliders
    -3x Pro Rotisseries

No waiting here guys!

Blue items are already sold.

#496 3 years ago

All LE Rotos and accessories, as well as all Pro and Premium Rotos have now been shipped out.
    In other words. If you placed your order, its on its way. Many thanks for the orders guys and making January 2021 my best month so far. I really hope you enjoy them.

I still have the following in-stock to ship-out next week:
    -1x LE Roto in Black powder-coat
    -2x LE Sidekicks in Black powder-coat
    -4x LE Sliders in Black powder-coat
    -2x Premium Rotos
    -2x Premium Sidekicks
    -2x Premium Sliders
    -3x Pro Rotisseries

#497 3 years ago

Now accepting orders for the February build
    As usual all Pro/Premium items will ship around the end of the month, and LE models in early to mid-March.

#498 3 years ago

ROTISSERIE PRICE INCREASES COMING IN APRIL 2021

Metal stock prices have further increased in the last 6 months, and are showing no signs of decreasing. From what I have researched, it is due to supply/demand and the shipping companies dramatically raising rates for deliveries. In fact, compared to a year ago this time my metal cost has nearly doubled. And I don't know what it is about the 1" and 3/4" square tubing, but it has increased over 100%. Ouch!!!
    https://www.national.biz/2021-steel-price-increases-affect-small-business/

So for the February and March builds, I am keeping prices the same. But in April, I must increase all of the prices to continue making this project worth my while.

So avoid the coming price increases, get your orders in this month or no later than next month (March).

#499 3 years ago

Last call for Rotos and accessories from the February build.

#501 3 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

I am NOT a metal person so I'm shooting in the dark here, but any reason this piece wouldn't work as a middle support piece?
    amazon.com link »

No because thats 1/2" square. Too flimsy. You need 3/4" square tubing which is what I provide in my premium and LE Rotos.

#503 3 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

What are you paying per foot delivered for 1” tubing?

I dont have it delivered. I have two LARGE local metal retailers for all of my metal stock, and I pick it up in my good ol' Chevy truck (rear-end dragging) and carry it to the shop (err..my basement)

I have researched on-line metal providers, and the delivery costs make it totally cost prohibitive. Even six months ago metal was reasonable. Now its gotten very expensive. I have an opinion on this, but I dont want to get political since most of it comes from China.

#504 3 years ago

Build day and the sparks are flying.
    Welder shuts down this evening. Very last call for rotos for this month!

#506 3 years ago

All Pro model Rotisseries from the February build have now shipped out.

The LE items are all built and will be dropped off at the powder-coater in the next day or two.

Thanks everyone for the February orders.

#508 3 years ago

DUE TO THE INCREASED COST OF METAL. ALL PRICES WILL INCREASE STARTING APRIL 1ST 2021

Now taking orders for the upcoming March build that will begin around the 27th or so. As already mentioned, the prices for all Pindoc items will be increasing April 1st as a result of major increases in the cost for steel. Not sure at the moment what the increases will be. But you can beat the increases by placing your order ASAP.

Link to the order page:

#509 3 years ago

DUE TO THE INCREASED COST OF METAL. ALL PRICES WILL INCREASE STARTING APRIL 1ST 2021

Now taking orders for the upcoming March build that will begin around the 27th or so. As already mentioned, the prices for all Pindoc items will be increasing April 1st as a result of major increases in the cost for steel. Not sure at the moment what the increases will be. But you can beat the increases by placing your order ASAP.

Link to the order page:

Also Pinside has decided to discontinue their business with Paypal. Now Stripe is the preferred payment. I am now set-up to accept Stripe payments through the Pinshop.

#511 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Great product bud. Just thought I'd stop by to say so. Thanks.
    [quoted image]

Glad you are liking the roto Mike. Is that a Hardtop on Blackout?

#515 3 years ago

LE Pindoc items are back from the powder-coater. I will get them boxed up this weekend and shipped Monday if not sooner.

20210316_160505 (resized).jpg20210316_160505 (resized).jpg
    #516 3 years ago

Whats on my Pindoc Rotisserie now?
    Bram Stokers Dracula.

The Sidekick is a must have for BSD due to the huge back-wall and many components along the back edge. This also seems to be the case for most WPC playfields. No need to disassemble the playfield to mount it to the roto when the Sidekick is being used.

20210312_183213 (resized).jpg20210312_183213 (resized).jpg20210312_183401 (resized).jpg20210312_183401 (resized).jpg
    #517 3 years ago

Just another reminder. Prices on all Pindoc items will be increasing starting April 1st 2021 due to the increased costs of metal.
    Still working on what the new costs will be for next month. But there is still time to beat the increase.

Link to the order page:

#518 3 years ago

Gauging interest for PinDoc "Skates".

So a lot of folks have asked for a floor-standing roto option for their PinDoc roto, and there are several reasons why I have not offered one. First reason is that it would likely be heavy and cumbersome, and not cost-effective for me to ship. The second reason is that I doubt I could offer something that is firm and solid, without it being very complex and weighing a ton.

Attached are pics of my current set-up that I am using for my personal roto. It consists of a Lifetime 80387 plastic table from Amazon that runs $55.95, and is very strong for the job at hand. This table has three height adjustments (24 in. , 29 in. , and 34 in) and folds up flat when not in use.

https://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-80387-Commercial-Adjustable-Folding/dp/B0100QNBH2/ref=sr_1_3

So I wanted to mount the table on wheels of some kind, but still be able to have them removed if desired. So I made some "Skates" that bolt onto the bottoms of the legs in a matter of minutes. So what I now have is a rock solid floor standing Roto with a very nice work-surface underneath to hold tools, parts etc. I really can't say enough for this setup. It really does EVERYTHING I need it to do, and does it with versatility and style.

So I want to see if anyone would be interested in purchasing some Pindoc Skates, if I decided to make them? I would NOT be offering the table, just the metal assembly with casters as shown in the pics. The table can easily be purchased at Amazon and sometimes Costco. Not sure on a price yet though, but it wont be anything unreasonable.

Anyone interested?
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#521 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rodent:

Interesting idea for the skate kit.
    I’m wishing I’d have added a matching Sidekick when I placed my rotisserie order last week. I have a Johnny Mnemonic that’ll get shopped once my Paragon play field swap is completed.

No problem. Please go ahead and place your order and I will make you a matching Signal Red Sidekick.

Thanks

#525 3 years ago

Hmm good question. I will find out today and reply.

#527 3 years ago

Typically, all Pro and Premium items ship out near the end of a given month. I will still shoot for that, but I have a lot of orders to fulfill this month, and it might creep into very early April.

Hope that helps.

#528 3 years ago

Just finished cutting 1400 pounds of metal and preparing to start building. Tomorrow I start the March build for Pindoc Rotos and accessories.

As a reminder the prices of all items will increase Apri 1st due to the increasing prices of metal. Still time to your order in.

Link to the order page:

mcbs-1-300x167 (resized).jpgmcbs-1-300x167 (resized).jpg

#530 3 years ago

Its build day!
    I am running a little behind, but everything will likely be built by this Saturday evening. I am looking to start shipping Pro and Premium items out Monday next week. LE items will be dropped off at the powder-coater early next week as well.

As a reminder, the prices of all items will increase April 1st due to the increasing prices of metal. Better order today or tomorrow to beat the increase.

Link to the order page:

#531 3 years ago

PRICING STARTING APRIL 1ST 2021
    Pro Rotisserie - $205.00
    Premium Rotisserie - $250.00
    LE Rotisserie - $320.00

Premium Sidekick - $190.00
    LE Sidekick - $255.00

Premium Sliders - $55.00
    2x Premium Sliders - $95.00
    LE Sliders - $90.00
    2x LE Sliders - $155.00

As already mentioned, the cost of metal has skyrocketed and is not likely to come down anytime soon. This is due to the metal mills cutting production, and the transportation costs to deliver the metal going up too. In fact, the price of the 1" square tubing (which makes up the bulk of the roto) has nearly doubled in the 12 months. Unfortunately, this means I need to increase the price of the items. On average, the cost across all products has gone up $10.00 - $15.00 depending on the item.

There is still time today to place your order and beet the price increase that is coming tomorrow.

Link to the order page:

#534 3 years ago

Last call for Pindoc Rotos and accessories at the current prices.
    Price increase goes into effect in 3 hours - 15 minutes.

There is still time today to place your order and beet the price increase that is coming tomorrow.

Link to the order page:

#535 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyder138:

Will the table still fold flat with the skates in place or do they need to be removed and reinstalled the next time the table is used? I would be interested in a set.

The legs on the table will not completley fold flat with the skates installed. However they do fold enough that the table can still very easily stand near-upright against the wall with the skates installed. But if you wanted to remove them, it would only take a few minutes.

I still have some more work I want to do on them before offering them up for sale. I will should have some time next week to work on them some more.

Attached are some pics of the legs folded.

#536 3 years ago

Hey folks I am still working on the March build for the second weekend now. This was just a monster month for Roto sales, and I want to thank everyone who placed an order.

The Pro and Premium Rotos will start getting boxed tonight, and will start shipping Monday. I still need to build the Sidekicks and Sliders this evening.

I am currently building some extras Rotos. So if anyone wants to place an order, I can slip it into the March build.
    Link to the order page:

Wheww I feel like I have been welding for days. lol

1 week later
    #537 3 years ago

Okay here is an update on the March build. Most Pro and Premium items shipped out before the server went "Chernobyl". However I still have a few to go out.

Also I have not been able to take the LE items to the powdercoater since I could not access the site in order to get the colors that folks were wanting their items in. All LE items will go to the powdetcoater Monday or Tuesday.

#539 3 years ago

Okay I finally have all if the Pro and Premium Rotos and accessories shipped out from the big March build. Also, I have all of the LE items for powdercoating sorted and they will be dropped off tomorrow at the shop.

Now taking orders for the April build that will begin near the end of the month.

Link to the order page:

1 week later
    #540 2 years ago

Update on the LE items from the big March build. The parts are still at the powder-coater. Hopefully they will be done next week.

I will be starting the April build of Rotos and accessories in a few day. All Pro/Premium items will ship b y the end of April, and LE items will likely ship mid-May. Time is starting to run out for the April build, so get those orders in ASAP.

Link to the order page:

1 week later
    #541 2 years ago

Its April build day!
    All Pro and Premium items from this build will ship early next week. All LE items will likely ship mid-May.

Link to the order page:

Update on the LE items ordered from the March build. The powder-coater is looking to have them done early in the week. I am hoping to be able to start shipping these out late next week. Thanks for your patience.

#542 2 years ago

All Pro and Premium items from the April build have now all shipped out.
    Thanks for the orders guys.

#544 2 years ago

The LE Rotos and accessories from the March build have been picked up, and are in my garage. I will start boxing them up tomorrow, and I will start shipping them out this weekend. Thanks again all for the purchases.

#545 2 years ago

All LE items from the March build are now packed and will ship out tomorrow.

I currently have the following in stock for immediate shipping (NO WAITING):
    (1) LE Rotos in Signal Red
    (1) LE Roto in Ruby Red
    (1) LE Roto & LE Sidekick in Signal Blue
    (2) LE Sidekicks in Black
    (5) LE Sliders in Black
    (1) LE Sidekick in Signal Blue
    (4) Pro/Premium Rotos

Link to the order page:

#547 2 years ago

All LE items from the March build have shipped out except for the few I have notified. Thanks for the orders all.

All LE items from the March build are now packed and will ship out tomorrow.

I currently have the following in stock for immediate shipping (NO WAITING):
    (1) LE Rotos in Signal Red
    (1) LE Roto in Ruby Red
    (1) LE Roto & LE Sidekick in Signal Blue
    (2) LE Sidekicks in Black
    (5) LE Sliders in Black
    (1) LE Sidekick in Signal Blue
    (4) Pro/Premium Rotos

Link to the order page:

1 week later
    #549 2 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Received my LE. Packaged great and looks awesome. I really like the the clamping mech.

Glad your happy with it. The Cobalt Blue really looks terrific too. Post up some cool pics of it if you have a chance.

The clamping mech has far surpassed my expectations with its simplicity, and ability to regulate the amount of clamping force needed. And it locks down like a vice when you need it to. Thanks again for the purchase.

#551 2 years ago

Just got some more LE items back from the powdercoater.

Props to "Kawydud" for ordering the loudest, brightest PinDoc LE roto to date. The finish on this roto can only be called "OMG Bright Red" because nothing else quite says it.

The picture does not do it justice regarding how bright this finish really is. One things for sure. Its not gonna get lost on a shelf somewhere, and it may actually glow in the dark. LOL

This is also the first time someone has requested the "white Aluminum". This finish is shiny too with more of a chrome appearance.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #552 2 years ago

All LE items for which I have received payments have now been shipped out. Thanks for those orders guys.

The May build begins this Friday the 28th. Those interested in a PinDoc roto need to get their orders in ASAP. All Pro and Premium items will ship the first week of June, and all custom LE items will likely ship mid to late June.

However I do have a few Blue and Red LE Rotos and Sidekicks in stock that can also shop out 1st week of June.

#553 2 years ago

Super excited to announce that Stern Pinball playfields can now be used with the Pindoc Roto and Sidekicks. If your Stern playfield uses the bracket shown below, you will be good to go after making a slight modification to the brackets.

It will first be nescesarry to first drill a 1/2" hole in the bracket, and then turn them 180 degrees, and reattach as shown below. Now you can attach the PinDoc Sidekick to your Stern playfield. Also due to the thick wall construction of these bracket, the bracket will not be weakened due to the added hole. These brackets are also available from Marco for $6.50 each if you don't want to mod your original pair.

I am also considering offering the Stern PF brackets already drilled and ready to install on the Stern playfield for an additional cost.

For more information regarding SideKick usage on Stern playfields, please ask here or send me a PM.

#554 2 years ago

Last call for PinDoc Rotos and accessories from the May build.

#555 2 years ago

All Pindoc Rotos and Acessories for which I have received payment (including LE items), have now shipped out via UPS.

I current have a few extra items in stock including LE items in Red and Blue, for quick shipping. Please send me a PM for more info and availability.

1 week later
    #556 2 years ago

Now taking orders for the June run of Pindoc Rotos and accessories. The build will start on the 26th. But in the meantime, I still have some extra inventory in stock from last month, so no waiting. Please PM me for availability of whats currently in stock.

I also recently compiled a small list of testimonials that I wanted to share. I really want to thank everyone who has posted their reviews and feedback regarding their experience with their PinDoc Rotos.

2 weeks later
    #558 2 years ago

Im currently preparing for the June build that will start tomorrow.

#559 2 years ago

The sparks are flying for the June build. Just a few days left for the June orders.

2 weeks later
    #561 2 years ago

Many thanks to Cary Hardy for making this very awesome video for my PinDoc offerings. The video is very informing and entertaining just like all of his previous ones on Youtube.

Now taking orders for the July run of Rotos and accessories. I also have one Pindoc LE Roto in Red powdercoat for immediate shipping.

#564 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Where can you get those clamp rubbers used in the video? I am clamping my PinDoc Roto using foam right now. Thanks!

FWIW when I use c-clamps, I use a 1"x1" block of 1/2" thick wood. This seems to work exactly as it should. I have never seen just those rubber protectors available alone in a store. Maybe they can be had online.

#568 2 years ago

I did the stickers for that particular one since it was going to be in the video.

#570 2 years ago

That would be my PinDoc offering for the Atari Hercules playfield. Additional shipping charges will apply.

1 week later
    #571 2 years ago

Its that time of the month again playfield fixers, restorers and swappers. I am currently setting up the shop and buying materials for the July build of Pindoc Rotos and accessories. Still time to get those orders in. All Pro and Premium items will ship very early August, and all LE items around mid-August.

Thanks again to Cary Hardy for the review and video of the PinDoc roto for his awesome "All Things Pinball" channel.

3 weeks later
    #572 2 years ago

The September build of Pindoc Stuff is about a week away, and I am now well restocked on metal. All Pro and Premium items will ship very early September, and all LE items around mid-September.

Thanks again to Cary Hardy for the review and video of the PinDoc roto for his awesome "All Things Pinball" channel.

#573 2 years ago

The August build begins this weekend. Still time to get orders in for Rotos and accessories.

1 week later
    #575 2 years ago

Yes that is a very nice looking setup there. That cabinet should work nicely to keep things well organized, and tidy.
    Thanks again for the purchase.

#576 2 years ago

Updates on the August build.

All paid-for PinDoc Pro and Premium items have shipped out via UPS. All LE items have been dropped off at the powdercoater, and I am hoping to have them back around the middle of the month.

Thanks again to everyone who bought a Roto from the August build. The September build will begin the weekend of the 25th of this month.

2 weeks later
    #578 2 years ago

Update on the LE items from the August build.

The powdercoater is taking a bit longer to get these done, but they have started on them. I expect them to be done in the next day or two. It is currently looking like the August LE items will ship out near the end of the week. Many thanks for your patience.

Here is a shot of a near-completed TAF Playfield swap that I am working on. I am currently doing all of my Playfield testing with the PF on the roto instead of in the cabinet. Testing on the roto makes things MUCH easier for very obvious reasons.

#579 2 years ago

All powdercoated LE items are in the back of my truck. I will be packaging them up and shipping them out Saturday evening, or at the very latest Monday morning.

The September build will begin mid-next week, so there is still time to get orders in. Pro and Premium items will ship first week of October, and LE items will ship around mid-October.

#580 2 years ago

Update:
    All LE items from the August build have now shipped out via UPS.

I am very happy to announce that all Sliders going forward will now be drilled to accept Stern, Jersey Jack and Data East playfields, in additional to the existing Williams-Bally playfields. Many thanks to Xedecimal for providing the Stern, JJ dimensions.

I also have the following in stock for immediate shipping (ships out within 2 days):
    -LE Roto (Black)
    -LE Sidekick (Black)
    -LE Sliders (Black)

I have also starting preparing for the upcoming September build.

#581 2 years ago

Nice setup rlbohon3. I will be doing a second Black Knight Hardtop install very soon. I use the jack under the PF to to provide extra support when sanding it down with the DA sander. Wish I had a Taxi. True classic!

368 posts in this topic match your search for posts by wrd1972. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wrd1972.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped?tu=wrd1972 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.