(Topic ID: 253922)

PinDoc Playfield ROTISSERIES starting at $260.00

By wrd1972_PinDoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    IMG_3672 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
    20231220_082654 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rx3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 4 years ago

I too would like and buy a rotisserie with a better clamping system. I'd even pay extra. Here are some examples of what I would buy.

040-chicago-gaming-visit-2019 (resized).jpg040-chicago-gaming-visit-2019 (resized).jpg047-chicago-gaming-visit-2019 (resized).jpg047-chicago-gaming-visit-2019 (resized).jpg152a (resized).jpg152a (resized).jpgstern-pinball-029-2040_verge_super_wide (resized).jpgstern-pinball-029-2040_verge_super_wide (resized).jpg
    #155 4 years ago

I was only talking about the mounting systems. I agree the rest would be overkill for home use.

#159 4 years ago

That is something I would buy! OP if you can attach a mounting system like that to your rotisserie, let me know. I'll buy it in a heartbeat. I'll even pay extra. PM me if that would be an option and how much. I understand if you don't want to stray from your original design, though.

#162 4 years ago

My main concern with clamps is they come loose and the playfield falls off. They also get in the way. I prefer to use existing playfield holes to bolt the playfield down.

2 months later
    #289 4 years ago

Confirm the other end still uses clamps?

2 weeks later
    #308 4 years ago

wrd1972, I sent you a PM a couple days ago? Did you get it?

1 month later
    #332 4 years ago

Got my rotisserie a couple weeks ago. Very nice. I envy your welds op. I'm sure I'm in the minority here when it comes to using clamps, but no way will I use clamps to hold my playfield. Please no offense, this is just my constructive criticism, but clamps seem kinda cheesy for such a nice rotisserie.

I made a different mounting system that is working out really well. I copied it from another rotisserie, so not my idea. You can mount the whole playfield including the backboard. I'm posting pictures, and yes I know my welding sucks ass.

I plasti dipped the rotisserie, but I still think powder coating is the best option. I ordered the pro version because I wanted to use one piece to join the A-frames together as opposed to 3 separate links. One piece seems sturdier. I think.

I put together this rolling cart allowing me to roll the rotisserie around in my crowded garage. It's also the perfect height for working while sitting on my work stool.

I have thick skin. Feel free to tell me my ideas suck.

20200424_171023 (resized).jpg20200424_171023 (resized).jpg20200424_171034 (resized).jpg20200424_171034 (resized).jpg20200424_171818 (resized).jpg20200424_171818 (resized).jpg20200424_171831 (resized).jpg20200424_171831 (resized).jpg
    #334 4 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

Like the idea.
    Have you thought of making it a U Bracket plate where playfield slips in between and bolt goes through. Then you can install rubber foam on insides of u bracket.
    Basically you have half of the U. Weld another plate on each one.
    Just wondering when you flip all the weight is now on bolt head.
    FYI

Damn! That's a good idea. I'm going to try that.

Edit: I just realized a bracket like you describe won't allow the backboard and apron to remain on the playfield. This design should be strong enough if you use a large bolt and large washers through a light socket hole. The apron side actually uses 2 playfield holes on each bracket. In the picture, I have only 1 bolt shown.

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

Then we can buy them from you. Nice add on!!

I'm actually not trying to get in on the op's gig here. If he wants to test the idea, then he can make and sell them. His welding skills are better LOL. If he does do it, he should probably change the angle iron on his rotisserie to square tubing.

Rotis (resized).jpgRotis (resized).jpg
    #337 4 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

Then we can buy them from you. Nice add on!!
    Read 2nd post. Maybe still make in that way and you can still use your way or my way depending on your playfield.

Yeah I feel you should have different adapters available depending on your playfield. Here's another idea I was going to reproduce. I was going to make it out of metal and use a bolt instead of a clamp. A poor man's sidekick LOL. I think it will only work for WPC95 though.
    RotisAdapter (resized).jpgRotisAdapter (resized).jpg

#338 4 years ago

Dupe

#339 4 years ago

Dupe

1 month later
    #378 3 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

By popular demand, I will now be offering "Sliders" for my Rotos.
    By adding Sliders to your Pindoc rotisserie, you can mount the front of the playfield to the roto by using the hanger holes, instead of using c-clamps. You can also attach the apron, but you will need to tape it down on the front side. The Sliders can also be used on the rear of lighter playfields, if you dont mind running wood screws into the bottom of the PF.
    The Sliders are constructed from 1-1/4" 14 gauge square tubing, 1/2" x 1" flat metal, and 1/2" bolts. Needless to say, strong as Hell. Currently, they will work with all playfields that use the typical Williams/Bally metal hangers. They will also be sold in pairs, but price is still to be determined.
    I do need someone to please provide me a measurement from a Williams widebody playfield. Might it be the same as standard body at 16" or so?
    So for the folks that might be interested in the Sliders, will you please send me a PM with the Subject line "sliders". Here are some early pics.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Should have come with the Rotos to begin with. Oh and you're welcome for the idea.

8 months later
    #505 3 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

I dont have it delivered. I have two LARGE local metal retailers for all of my metal stock, and I pick it up in my good ol' Chevy truck (rear-end dragging) and carry it to the shop (err..my basement)
    I have researched on-line metal providers, and the delivery costs make it totally cost prohibitive. Even six months ago metal was reasonable. Now its gotten very expensive. I have an opinion on this, but I dont want to get political since most of it comes from China.

You're too nice. I wouldn't tell anyone how I run my business. It's none of their business. It's even less of their business how much I'm paying for my material, unless they're going to offer me a better deal. Then, it should be done one on one, not in a public forum.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rx3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped?tu=rx3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.