Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 781 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by wrd1972
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    IMG_3672 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
    20231220_082654 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

For experienced users of a roto: Is a floor stand or table top better? Ergonomics, slip etc.

It's all about your working space. Not everyone has that much free table space to work with to put one or two PFs out... and then still have space for all their stuff.

I liked the rolling rack for that reason.. I could move around it easy enough and move it out of the way when needed.

Being able to work on a PF from either side is a big bonus too.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

I would personally be more interested in a free standing unit with a tubular frame construction such as this, adjustable height if possible. I find tables to be too low to work from even with this slightly added height.
    Also I find that I’m constantly rotating between top/bottom during swaps. Because of this the life of my thumbscrew or bolt locks are about 2 playfields. I saw at the stern factory they use a large cog on the end with a locking mechanism.. like in this video.

I think the most interesting thing in that video is that you note they hold the PF from the sides (to avoid the backboard). Not applicable to a cheaper design like this.. but the boxframe has a good purpose!

#70 4 years ago

Or maybe grind flat spots on the pipe at key angles so a flat bottom screw can get some set-screw action.... or go for the drill and pin method.

1 month later
    #144 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Probably how it was/is done in the pinball factory, with clamps? Anybody have suggestions on clamping without cracking clear? Is it a concern at all? Thanks!

You treat it like clamping any other wood. Use something to give you a wide contact area to prevent dimping the surface. Use small blocks of wood under your clamp.. or stick to larger headed covered clamps.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.