(Topic ID: 253922)

PinDoc Playfield ROTISSERIES starting at $260.00

By wrd1972_PinDoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    IMG_3672 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
    20231220_082654 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eyeamred2u.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago

Heck yes for me

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

That fidgeting you do with the wrench is exactly what I was concerned about. Maybe weld a piece of that tube steel to the top of the bolt for a big handle?

No way, leave it so you need a wrench. You can always use a socket instead of a box wrench.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Thanks for the interest guys. Based on your feedback, I am now doing a redesign of the rotisserie. It will still be a table top design with the following enhancements:
    - Dual 3/8" hand knobs
    - Adjustable clamping force (not possible with a bolt locking mech)
    - Rotating bracket axles wont "scar" from the locking mech
    I need to model this up and do some testing to ensure that the clamping force is adequate first. I also need to see if i can still meet the $180 price point. I really think we are still in the same "ballpark" though.
    So if all goes well, expect an even better design with more functionality.
    Stay tuned!

I would look to see what is the largest knurled head bolt you can find. May be an allen head, which is good too. I would not overthink this. If someone can use wood and angle to make a stand, yours is in the ballpark of being just fine. It can be modified if they want it to be. Or you can let them "add their own" locking features but provide the base frame unit.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I have no idea who made my rotisserie but this is what I've got for a handle. Hand made, obviously, but I wouldn't be without it. I am constantly adjusting the playfield angle.
    In the first pic you'll see a "plug." No idea what it's made of but it's like a hard plastic. This plug is what puts pressure on the cylinder instead of the bolt. This way, the cylinder doesn't get indents from the bolt. Those indents will mess thing up at some point.
    The other nice thing about the plug is, if I have the playfield at a 45 degree angle and I want to move it slightly, I just move it without adjusting the handle. There's enough friction from the plug to hold it and the plug keeps from scratching and marring the cylinder.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Could be Delrin, which is very hard material. Similar to material I sent you for Doctor Who bushing.

#83 4 years ago

Looks like a cast metal fitting used in industrial setting on machinery and equipment. We use similar products because they take a a vibrational beating.

1 week later
    #87 4 years ago

Look great!!

2 weeks later
    #113 4 years ago

Thanks for the kind words dono. Its appreciated.
    I now have all of my metal cut for this first run, and will actually start building the first ones tomorrow. Everything is still going very nicely.

Heck yeah, can't wait to use this on my T2 restoration.

#123 4 years ago

ROTISSERIES IN STOCK!
    All Rotisseries built have been shipped to those who have made a purchase. Thanks again.
    I currently have five additional Pro models, and one premium model built, boxed and ready to ship. Anyone interested can PM for purchasing info. Any purchases made today, can ship tomorrow morning. After that, I likely wont be able to ship until next Monday. Next run wont be started till mid to late December.[quoted image][quoted image]

That beauty is mine...all mine!!!!

#133 4 years ago

Mine arrived last nite, will unbox today and set up.

#135 4 years ago

Thanks Canadian.
    eyeamred2u,
    Glad it arrived. I really hope you enjoy it. And thanks again for the purchase.

Have it all set up, very nicely done. Dropping playfield in it this week.

1 week later
    #137 4 years ago

Well worth the money. I just put my T2 playfield in it over the weekend and this unit is rock solid. All the adjustments are super smooth. I used 3/4 inch square tube for extensions and the unit is square and I can slide the ends with very little effort and then lock them in place.

#146 4 years ago

Agreed. Just use a 1/2" x 1/2" x 4" or so thick wooden block. I just cant see that causing any damage to the clear.
    Now that I think about it some more. I did screw the back of a Williams Fire playfield to a drilled bracket, because of that tall wall that is so common on the more modern pins. It was just not practical to disassemble the wall, in order to get the clamps on the PF itself. Or you could use a taller C-calmp as well.
    As you might imagine, there are numerous ways to attach the PF to the rotisserie.

The Terminator 2 I am working on had a back wall, and instead of making up a separate bracket to clamp, I just removed the wall. Much easier. I think a buyer has to look at the overall quality of this unit. Sure, more things can be added, but that has to be on a need only basis. I know I will make up more "jigs" and fixtures as I need them. Here is my setup, with 72" extensions

20191202_162652 (resized).jpg20191202_162652 (resized).jpg20191202_162659 (resized).jpg20191202_162659 (resized).jpg20191202_162715 (resized).jpg20191202_162715 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #170 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What size C clamps are people using? In some photos it looks like 4" clamps, some look like 3". Thanks!

3" C clamps. But I agree, buy the sizes that fit your application best.

I hope the tall wall clamp can be an "add on" to the original design.

#181 4 years ago

I say let the creative minds work here in coming up with a really, well thought out solution to the rear wall.

I like the idea of an adjustable screw system, it is what I was thinking. I also like the sliding bar system of a clamp as well. Keep up the good work Bill

#183 4 years ago

I would not trust a slip clamp like that for the job. Too much risk imo. C-clamps on the other hand will not loosen up.

I was thinking more of using this style of clamp

Screenshot_20191214-091152_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191214-091152_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #186 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You could use a clamp horizontally instead of vertically. Clamp the backboard to the angle iron.

Hey, no simple solutions Bryan LOL

3 weeks later
    #210 4 years ago

How is the add on for the tall backs on playfields coming along?

1 week later
    #233 4 years ago
    Quoted from Clnilsen:

I have a lot of floor space, but not a lot of bench space. Anyone made a roll-around version of these?

I made a table top for my rolling shop cart. When done, roto goes on bottom of cart and table top get put away.

3 weeks later
    #254 4 years ago

Okay here are some teaser pics of my first brackets for supporting a System 11 playfield by the side pivot brackets. I will next add some additional holes so a WPC playfield can be fitted, and test it soon.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Here is my concern. The fulcrum point of the playfield is almost at center and that adds a lot of stress on welded joints. This is why the factories used a complete frame system, which is still the best approach. Keep going Bill, you are gonna figure this out for the group.

#255 4 years ago

Okay here are some teaser pics of my first brackets for supporting a System 11 playfield by the side pivot brackets. I will next add some additional holes so a WPC playfield can be fitted, and test it soon.

Why not attach the weld at the point circled?

weld (resized).jpgweld (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #261 4 years ago

I want the add-on! Lol when it is ready of course

#271 4 years ago

I can't wait for this. Will greatly improve the setup. Gonna have to buy another rotisserie when you finish this.

#273 4 years ago
    Quoted from tonyhoff1:

I bought the red one!

Damn you Tony, I was gonna buy it. Arghhhhh lol all good I can wait. I lied I can't where is the ledge...we got a jumper here!

#279 4 years ago
    Quoted from tonyhoff1:

You said you were waiting. Lol. I’m in Parma I can share it lol

I will bring the beers!! Or coffee, in case u don't drink.

#280 4 years ago

Yep all of the LE models sold out again. I already have several orders placed for the March run, and the build will be around the the 3rd week there of.
    Anyone who wants an LE model can place an order, and submit their requests for a custom color. Again refer to www.ralcolor.com and provide me the color code. As usual, it will take a bit more time to get these delivered due to the finishing process.
    Regarding the sys11/wpc side mounting system. Expect some exciting news on it very soon. Stay tuned.

I will wait for the exciting news and then place my order immediately.

3 weeks later
    #296 4 years ago

SIDEKICK...SIDEKICK....SIDEKICK.....cmon everyone join in lmao

#298 4 years ago

The materials are bought and cut for eight sidekicks. They will start going together early next week, after I build about ten more rotos. Im still trying to streamline the build process a bit, but I am very close.
    Everyone who is interested in a sidekick. Please send me a PM with the subject "sidekick". I can go ahead and start compiling the list of potential buyers. Again, I can provide eight of them in the first run. More are likely to follow, but I am looking for feedback from the first ones sold before starting a second run.

I am already in, PM'd already. Looking forward to this.

1 month later
    #322 4 years ago

I am waiting patiently for my sidekick

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Did you order it? I didn’t yet.

Yes I did

1 week later
    #345 3 years ago

By request. Here is a quick vid of the sidekick in action on a System11 playfield. Note the stability and the additional holes to attach to a WPC playfield as well.

Tested up to 60RPM. LOL

Just installed my Sidekick. Works as described. Please have a helper when installing playfield onto Roto and sidekick.

2 weeks later
    #353 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Yes, exactly!! This is the thread that I was talking about with you last week. I think with the modification of the playfield mount to provide two on each end of the bracket in your pic, this would be golden. I'd be in for two for sure.

I think it could be an "add-on" feature like the Sidekick. Who knows, maybe Bill will go for it.

1 month later
    #396 3 years ago

The Sliders will slide over the rotating 1/8" angle stock, and solidly clamp in place with the 1/2" bolts (see attachment).
    The Williams/Bally PF will attach to the arms on the sliders using the same bolt locations as the hanger brackets. I will have my Grand Lizard up on a Roto here soon, but I dont have any action pics. Maybe someone will post some up.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I will try to get some pics up. I am setting up my new High Speed for restoration this weekend, so I can snap a few pics for the group.

4 months later
    #445 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

I purchased the sidekick on Nov 8th and just came to this thread to find that they’re not in production yet. I understand you’re a startup/small business, but it would be helpful if you posted something about timeframe for delivery in the shop and not just on the thread.
    My life is not in the balance waiting for the items and I love the rotisserie! Just a suggestion so that people who expect to click->pay->receive aren’t disappointed.

Feedback is always good, but how about sending it in a PM, rather than posting it here. Perhaps the shop owner is unaware that they can disable the option to not take orders or maybe they prefer to make the order as they receive the request.

From my experiences buying on here, I have seen the shop owner post several times if availability of items, time frames for shipping, seems to keep the consumer well informed. So from my point of view, if I had any concern, I personally would have sent a message to them as a courtesy or suggestion. Just my 2 cents. Maybe your intention was not to bash, but it certainly came off that way.

#449 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

I have a different perspective for you to consider. First, I said I love the product and was making a suggestion. I'm not sure how that's a blast.
    Second, as a serial entrepreneur, I know that feedback is critical to improvement and doesn't need to be kept discreet or super-secret. If I required every employee, customer, or business partner to provide feedback 1x1 I probably wouldn't get much of it. Also, sometimes when people get feedback 1x1 there is less accountability than if others hear it too. It's my perspective and you don't need to share it, of course.
    Third, I understand that the OP isn't running a mega-business, but I also think it's fair to provide my thoughts here, since this is a forum. Others may have the same questions or thoughts. If they don't they can move on.
    Great rotisserie and I'm getting great use out of it.

No, no, no, you don't get to say well I own a business, therfore I know better so I can tell him how run his better. Just accept you put them on blast when you should not have. It is simple. This group will have none of that for anyone who provides a product, communicates extremely well and delivers said product.

If others have opinions or thoughts that are "questionable" they can take it up with the shop owner. This thread is not a customer service thread for someone to rant and rave like a lunatic because their feelings were hurt or they can run a business better. Buy the product, don't buy the product. Give feedback to the owner first, then in the thread like they requested.

#454 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

It's actually bad form to hijack someone else's thread, which is what you're doing. eyeamred2u, you've projected a lot of your own issues onto me: you're carrying on and take things personally. If you have any more thin-skinned thoughts just PM directly.

Please, stop, my stomach hurts from laughing now.

1 week later
    #471 3 years ago

Have you made sliders for High Speed yet?

Ken

1 month later
    #480 3 years ago

Currently doing a Ball widebody Paragon playfield swap on a pair of Rotos. Definitely much tougher than the Whirlwind I recently did with all of the stapled wires and such under the PF. Being able to remove a part from the old PF and placing it immediately on the new PF really makes it much easier, and faster for sure. This prevents the numerous parts from loosely piling up, and I don't have to worry about forgetting where they go on the PF too.

Looks great!! Best roto I have ever purchased and the accessories are the bomb!

1 week later
    #485 3 years ago

Many thanks to everyone who purchased my Pindoc Rotos and accessories in 2020. Since the interest and sales far exceeded my greatest expectations, I am planning to continue offering all items into 2021.
    NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR THE JANUARY BUILD.
    All Pro and Premium items will ship around the end of January. All the LE items will ship early to mid February. Please click below to place any orders.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restoration

I am considering a second one myself and this time I am springing for the powder coating!!

1 month later
    #507 3 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

You're too nice. I wouldn't tell anyone how I run my business. It's none of their business. It's even less of their business how much I'm paying for my material, unless they're going to offer me a better deal. Then, it should be done one on one, not in a public forum.

This is the difference between a mom and pop and the Amazon's and Walmart's of the world. America is failing when I see posts like this. Bill is providing an amazing service to the pinball community, not looking to get rich, he has shared his journey the entire way with the group and I for one APPLAUD and RESPECT the heck out of him.

1 week later
    #514 3 years ago

Just placed an order for my 2nd roto unit, very excited to be able to start working side by side on playfields.

Ken

2 weeks later
    #529 3 years ago

Just finished cutting 1400 pounds of metal and preparing to start building. Tomorrow I start the March build for Pindoc Rotos and accessories.
    As a reminder the prices of all items will increase Apri 1st due to the increasing prices of metal. Still time to your order in.
    Link to the order page:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations
    [quoted image]

Wow, Iron man ain't got crap on you! I am excited to get my 2nd unit!

Ken

8 months later
    #608 2 years ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Yea I own one and great fun game all around for sure ,it's my next restore

Super fun game, that extra large display, shark flipper, the awesome artwork. A sleeper game for sure.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eyeamred2u.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped?tu=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.