(Topic ID: 253922)

PinDoc Playfield ROTISSERIES starting at $260.00

By wrd1972_PinDoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    IMG_3672 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
    20231220_082654 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#328 4 years ago

All -

I have a one time use / need for one of these. I am not a restoration guy any more (used to spend lots time but just don’t have it to do full restorations). Also I love the design - kudos to Bill.

I did chat with Bill about renting one but this is not part of his business model - which I completely understand.

(A) SO my proposal (anyone buying the rotisserie & the sidekick) I would rent it from you to do this 1 time playfield swap.

This could help offset what you pay for one for the long-term!!!!

(B). 2nd proposal - if you are doing a 1-time swap I would buy the setup from you to complete mine after yours. Let me know.

PM if interested.

Thanks.

#330 4 years ago
    Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Or you buy it and resell it to me as I can use 2.

That is another good idea!

Anyone interested in any of the 3 proposals above PM me!

#333 4 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

Got my rotisserie a couple weeks ago. Very nice. I envy your welds op. I'm sure I'm in the minority here when it comes to using clamps, but no way will I use clamps to hold my playfield. Please no offense, this is just my constructive criticism, but clamps seem kinda cheesy for such a nice rotisserie.
    I made a different mounting system that is working out really well. I copied it from another rotisserie, so not my idea. You can mount the whole playfield including the backboard. I'm posting pictures, and yes I know my welding sucks ass.
    I plasti dipped the rotisserie, but I still think powder coating is the best option. I ordered the pro version because I wanted to use one piece to join the A-frames together as opposed to 3 separate links. One piece seems sturdier. I think.
    I put together this rolling cart allowing me to roll the rotisserie around in my crowded garage. It's also the perfect height for working while sitting on my work stool.
    I have thick skin. Feel free to tell me my ideas suck.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Like the idea.
    Have you thought of making it a U Bracket plate where playfield slips in between and bolt goes through. Then you can install rubber foam on insides of u bracket.

Basically you have half of the U. Weld another plate on each one.
    Just wondering when you flip all the weight is now on bolt head.

FYI

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

Damn! That's a good idea. I'm going to try that.

Then we can buy them from you. Nice add on!!

Read 2nd post. Maybe still make in that way and you can still use your way or my way depending on your playfield.

1 month later
    #383 3 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

The June build begins tomorrow! Still taking orders on Rotos and Sidekicks. All items (excluding LE) will ship before the end of the month. Sliders (excluding LE) will start shipping early July. The Sliders will be order-able by the end of the weekend.
    BEAT THE PRICE INCREASE COMING IN JULY!!!
    Starting next month. All the prices on all items will increase 5%. This is due to a cost increase on materials.
    Also by popular demand. I will also now be including thumb-bolts for the extenders on all Premium, and LE rotisseries, at no extra cost.
    Click the following link, to place orders:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1730-pindoc-restorations

I would shop the metal around (before raising prices) from near and far suppliers you might be surprised at the pricing variation we are seeing.

Example - less than $1.8/ft

67CC5029-FB52-41DD-BEC1-722C58C9829A (resized).png67CC5029-FB52-41DD-BEC1-722C58C9829A (resized).png
    #384 3 years ago

And another place:

03F8BCE7-6340-4E44-B5C5-C056554FEC50 (resized).png03F8BCE7-6340-4E44-B5C5-C056554FEC50 (resized).png
    #386 3 years ago

Thanks for posting. But the additional costs are not just limited to the metal.
    It may not appear so on the surface, but there is a large supply chain, and other moving pieces that go into build these things. Also I don't currently buy any metal on-line. Could not even begin to imagine what the cost of shipping that kind of size and weight would be. Yikes!
    All my metal is purchased locally, and I simply haul it as needed in my Chevy Avalanche. I would love to know how many thousands of pounds I have already hauled. Overall I do believe I am getting the best deal possible from my metal retailer.
    But in the end, the cost increase only amounts to 5%, and most of it appears to be due to C19. But again, its not just limited to metal.

Sounds good. The 1.80 / ft included shipping to your door. FYI

5 months later
    #457 3 years ago

Cadillac of rotisseries - best one on the market!

#467 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Putting mine to good use![quoted image]

Best part of that picture is the Green Bay packer logo/pillow on background.

Lol

2 months later
    #502 3 years ago

ROTISSERIE PRICE INCREASES COMING IN APRIL 2021
    Metal stock prices have further increased in the last 6 months, and are showing no signs of decreasing. From what I have researched, it is due to supply/demand and the shipping companies dramatically raising rates for deliveries. In fact, compared to a year ago this time my metal cost has nearly doubled. And I don't know what it is about the 1" and 3/4" square tubing, but it has increased over 100%. Ouch!!!
    https://www.national.biz/2021-steel-price-increases-affect-small-business/
    So for the February and March builds, I am keeping prices the same. But in April, I must increase all of the prices to continue making this project worth my while.
    So avoid the coming price increases, get your orders in this month or no later than next month (March).
    Click here to place an order:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restoration

What are you paying per foot delivered for 1” tubing?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped?tu=cpr9999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.