(Topic ID: 253922)

PinDoc Playfield ROTISSERIES starting at $260.00

By wrd1972_PinDoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    IMG_3672 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
    20231220_082654 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KornFreak28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#217 4 years ago

Thanks for doing this for the community! I would like to comment on my experience when I built my own rotisserie (similar concept). It was all good and well until It was time to install the rear wood panel. With the rear panel and the side rails installed it becomes really difficult to secure the playfield with the C-clamps. It gets worse when you start populating the playfield back there with all the ball guides and stuff and all the wiring, lamp sockets and stuff back there. The Angle iron would not allow me to mount stuff back there too.

All games are different of course. The game I restored was Indiana Jones. The only way for me to secure the populated playfield was to clamp it down from the side rails and the C-clamp would barely catch the rear rotisserie mount. I had to protect the brand new side rails with rags and stuff. Would it be possible to do some sort of clamp that secures the playfield from the sides? That would be very helpful when the playfield is populated and the rear panel is installed. Thanks!

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Would it be possible to do some sort of clamp that secures the playfield from the sides? That would be very helpful when the playfield is populated and the rear panel is installed. Thanks!

3 weeks later
    #247 4 years ago

I would want one too!

#253 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Okay here are some teaser pics of my first brackets for supporting a System 11 playfield by the side pivot brackets. I will next add some additional holes so a WPC playfield can be fitted, and test it soon.[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s what I’m talking about!

2 weeks later
    #266 4 years ago

All rotisseries that I have received payment for, have shipped out via UPS. Thanks again for all of the rotos purchased in February.
    Now accepting orders for the next run in March. See post 1 for liks to my shop.

Are the side attachments available yet?

#268 4 years ago

I am ready to test fit them to a WPC. Will try to do it maybe this weekend, or early next week. That machine is not at my home unfortunately.

Cool! Let us know!

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from rlbohon3:

PinDoc Bill is good friend and coworker of fine. Today he brought over his latest prototype for the WPC/Sys 11 mounting bracket upgrade and we put my fully loaded (minus apron) Getaway playfield on it, still wired up to the cabinet. This thing is NICE! Very solid. Not only is the material tough, the larger L bracket and lapped material around the welded areas are clearly stacking up to one strong design. He's still sorting out the minor details before moving ahead but today was a great test to see how it mounts up. Actually, I'm going to be using it for a while as I give my Getaway a little cleaning and maintenance in the tough to get to areas now that it is out and easier to work on. This should also serve as a test to see if any issues come up that can be addressed in the design. So far, it's working with no issues at all.
    So here are some teaser pics (and a video). For WPC, it mounts to two points on each playfield bracket. On System 11, it mounts to one point on each side (see post #252). For wide body playfields, it can expand out to fit.
    -Leebo
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So glad to see this becoming a reality! This will save people lots of headaches! Looks very very nice!

#286 4 years ago

Update on the Pindoc "Sidekick". Yep that's what I am calling the SYS11/WPC side mount system. In about 2-3 weeks, I am going to make a fixture to build the first final design parts.
    Still dont know the final price at this time. But there is a "precision-ness" with making the sidekick, that is not really required for the roto itself. So that will influence the price a little bit. But I am suspecting it will cost around the same, or not much less than the roto. Will just have to wait and see. Again it will work with all WPC standard/widebody playfields, and SYS11 standard playfields that use this bracket:
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8726-L-1
    So for anyone who is seriously looking to purchase a Pindoc sidekick. Please send me a PM with "sidekick" in the subject line, so I can gauge the interest here. Again it will work with every Pindoc rotisserie out there that has been sold.
    Here are some detailed pics of the prototype model. The new angle bracket is larger and thicker.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Will this fit the playfield sliders that most WPC machines have? The bracket you posted I believe is for machines like Diner and TAF which have playfields that only go up and down and don’t slide forward like IJ and BSD. Please check on that.

#291 4 years ago

I just revised that post above to provide more clarity. Yes it will work with the WPC sliding type mounts too. Here is a Getaway PF with the sliding type mounts, and working as intended. Notice the pics showing the assembled unit above. There are multiple holes to allow it to adjust from standard PF width, to widebody PF width.
    [quoted image]

Brilliant!

2 weeks later
    #304 4 years ago
    Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Keep me posted on price. Probably going to buy it also

+ 1

#306 4 years ago

I sent you a PM

#313 4 years ago

When are you building more? I need the roto and side kick combo not just the roto....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KornFreak28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped?tu=KornFreak28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.