(Topic ID: 253922)

PinDoc Playfield ROTISSERIES starting at $260.00

By wrd1972_PinDoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    IMG_3672 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
    20231220_082654 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DexterH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#141 4 years ago

I almost ordered one of these. The only thing stopping me is the c-clamps mounting system. Wish it was something better. Does the angle iron have holes to bolt the playfield in place? Hopefully?

#151 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Curious why your opposed to the c-clamps. They will absolutely clamp the PF into the rotisserie with zero issues, and you wont need to drill holes in your PF.

First of all, I'd like to say your rotisserie is one of the best I've seen. Good job on that. The main reason I don't like c-clamps, is the difficulty using them with a playfield that has a back wall. C-clamps also get in the way at times. Harness gets stuck on them, etc...Also, I don't want to hunt down a piece of wood to mount the playfield everytime I do a swap. I'd like a rotisserie that I can just mount my playfield without having to create jigs, mounts, attaching c-clamps, removing the back wall, etc..
    I know I'll probably get flamed and one of the reasons I don't do Pinside much. A lot of weirdos and drama here LOL. So, please just take this as constructive criticism. I'm just looking for the "perfect" rotisserie and will use my home made one until I find the perfect one.

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I kinda like this guys mounting system. It looks like you can slide those adapters on the square tubing to an available hole on the playfield and bolt it down.

#157 4 years ago
    107f6cad929e78460e8285c3951bda80220c6fff.jpeg (resized).jpg107f6cad929e78460e8285c3951bda80220c6fff.jpeg (resized).jpg
    1 year later
    #484 3 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Thanks for the second of an LE roto Tom.
    Words dont do justice how much easier it is to do PF swaps with two rotos. I currently have 16 hours in the Paragon and I am maybe five hours away from having all of the under-PF swapped over, and that includes having to solder every single bulb, and 75% of the harness connections not to mention stapleing down all of the non-insulated wire. This is my toughest swap to date.
    If this were a SYS11 or newer, the underside would already be done and I would be working on the top. My last swap was a Whirlwind and it was done in about 22 hours including polishing stainless and cleaning what needed cleaning.
    I do also think the single best benefit is that you just don't have parts piling up all over the place too. Once you remove anything from the old PF, just install it on the new. Whole process just goes smooth as silk. Another big plus is I can reference the cut wires from the parts on the old PF in real time and ensure that the connections are properly made on the new one. So I cut all wires from bulbs, coils etc but leave about an 1" left attached so I can reference the wire color codes as needed. I find I have no need to take notes at all, and I only need a minimal number for a few of the more complex areas. I guaretee you will love the second unit.
    Here is how Paragon is now looking after 16 hours:[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Everyone should order 3 and have a backup. Just in case.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DexterH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped?tu=DexterH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.