(Topic ID: 253922)

PinDoc Playfield ROTISSERIES starting at $260.00

By wrd1972_PinDoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    IMG_3672 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
    20231220_082654 (resized).jpg
    There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.
    #401 3 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

Okay, I just bought one...send me a red one.
    The name is under James A. In Texas.

Red it is. Ships tomorrow.
    Thanks James.

Thats two of them sold. Still have two left.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations/03115-pindoc-rotisserie

#402 3 years ago

The July build begins today. All Pro/Prem orders placed by the end of Monday will ship next week. LE items will ship mid August.

Here is a link to my shop:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations

#404 3 years ago

Just put in an order. Hope I wasn't too late!

#405 3 years ago

wrd1972_PinDoc - Question on the powdercoat: Does your shop put a primer coat on first or only the color coat? I took my standard edition in to my local shop and they gave me the option but we decided not to since the rotisserie was going to be inside only.

#406 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrboboto:

Just put in an order. Hope I wasn't too late!

Your lucky day thanks to a last minute spurt of orders.
    It will ship no later than this Friday.

Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

wrd1972 - Question on the powdercoat: Does your shop put a primer coat on first or only the color coat? I took my standard edition in to my local shop and they gave me the option but we decided not to since the rotisserie was going to be inside only.

The shop I use starts by bead-blasting the entire metal surface to remove all contaminates, and to "rough-up" the surface for best adhesion. Then it gets an initial light powdercoat which sort of acts as a primer to improve adhesion. Then after several minutes, it gets the heavier second coat. No cheap sub-par chemical cleaning processes prior to the powdercoat going on.

In the end, the finish is excellent and super durable, and I could not be more pleased with it. I really believe I am offering a top quality powdercoat finish for the LE items.

Hope that helps.

#407 3 years ago

All Pro/Premium Rotos and accessories from the July build have now been shipped. Also includes the Roto for mrboboto.

I will be dropping off all LE items for powdercoating at the shop tomorrow. I expect they will start ship mid August. Thanks everyone for the orders .

1 week later
    #408 3 years ago

Now taking orders for the August build which will begin around the 22nd, and will ship prior to the end of the month.

I also have two LE Rotos in gloss black available, and will ship in less than 48 hours.

1 week later
    #409 3 years ago

I love this rotisserie works awsome.

20200724_195231 (resized).jpg20200724_195231 (resized).jpg20200812_112929 (resized).jpg20200812_112929 (resized).jpg
    #410 3 years ago

Looks very nice Mitch. I decided to use this same color for my personal roto as well.
    Thanks again for the purchase.

#411 3 years ago

Two at a time

20200815_131629 (resized).jpg20200815_131629 (resized).jpg
    #412 3 years ago

All LE items have now been picked up from the shop, and will ship no later than this Saturday. Also the August build begins next week. Still taking orders:

Pro and Premium items will ship before months end.

#413 3 years ago

Finally got my Diner playfield swap done, so I thought I would post my thoughts on my PinDoc rotisserie purchase. I started my swap before I heard about this rotisserie, and had purchase the Pintisserie from Marco. It got me though most of my swap, but it was tricky trying to install the back panel with the coffee cup and other parts that protrude through it. When I saw this unit, and knowing I have a few more swaps ahead of me, I went ahead and ordered the premium version, along with the sliders and sidekick.

Once I received them, nicely packaged, I proceeded to clean them for painting. I tried the ScotchBrite pad method, but it seems that would take too long. So ended up using a B&D Flap Wheel Sander I had, which worked well, but was still time-consuming. I then cleaned everything with Purple Power, and got it all dry, ready to paint.

20200731_133819 (resized).jpg20200731_133819 (resized).jpg20200731_143513 (resized).jpg20200731_143513 (resized).jpg20200731_143519 (resized).jpg20200731_143519 (resized).jpgFlapWheelSander (resized).jpgFlapWheelSander (resized).jpg
    #414 3 years ago

I did not photograph my paint process, but quickly found out I needed some strong support mechanism to hold these heavy pieces up for painting. I ended up with an E-shaped (turned into the ground) with some extra metal fence posts I had. I put on two coats of blue, then added clear - over a few days.

Although I am happy with the result, looking back on it, I probably should have sprung for the power coating. The extra cost seems well worth the time I spent cleaning and painting this.

20200823_173751_HDR (resized).jpg20200823_173751_HDR (resized).jpg20200823_174012 (resized).jpg20200823_174012 (resized).jpg
    #415 3 years ago

It was challenging getting the mostly-populated playfield off the old Pintisserie, and onto the new PinDoc version. I ended up getting the playfield into the sidekick while still in the Pintiesseie, with a support under the 3 pop bumper brackets. I then picked it up and inserted the tube of the sidekick into the PinDoc end frame tube receiver/tightener. Then I lifted the whole setup back up on the table.

I added some felt to the sliders, and attached them to the playfield support hook holes with some washers and wing nuts.

Now this thing was SOLID! The difference between using this and the pintisserie is HUGE. SO much easier to spin the playfield and easily make it stay where you want it. No worries about C-clamps slipping off. One picture shows all the stuff that protrudes through the back panel on Diner. I was able to keep the rotisserie out of the way, so I could easily work back there.

I added a comparison photo at the end. Here is a link to a short video showing it in motion while I was testing the playfield outside of the cabinet [yes, I did catch that bulb out on the clock ]:

My only criticism would be that the sidekick is sort of tricky to get installed on the playfield, and getting it put on the rotisserie. It is heavy, but very sturdy. Other than that minor quip, I would highly recommend this Rotisserie (5/5). The Sliders were great (5/5). The Sidekick is good, but if it were a bit easier to install, that would be nice. Pricy, but glad I got it (4/5).

20200807_222656 (resized).jpg20200807_222656 (resized).jpg20200807_222647 (resized).jpg20200807_222647 (resized).jpg20200807_222644_HDR (resized).jpg20200807_222644_HDR (resized).jpg20200807_222630_HDR (resized).jpg20200807_222630_HDR (resized).jpg20200810_190107_HDR (resized).jpg20200810_190107_HDR (resized).jpg20200823_173254_HDR (resized).jpg20200823_173254_HDR (resized).jpg
    #416 3 years ago

Thanks for the review 500. Lots of good info in thee for sure. Your roto really turned out very nicely.

There are several ways to clean the bare metal to prepare it for paint. I used green Scotchbrite and purple power and that did a decent job. I can see where the flapper wheel can do a better job though as well. Ultimately the metal needs to have all of the rust-inhibitor removed that the steel factory applied to the metal to prevent rust while in storage. The best way to clean the metal is with a bead-blast cabinet assuming you have availability to one. Maybe some of the others who have done this can chime in on the way they did it.

So I have had a few others mention that they would have preferred to have gone the powder-coat route, rather than paint it themselves. One other huge benefit with the LE rotos is that the shop will bead-blast the metal prior to the powder-coat. This provides a very clean and smooth surface, plus it removes any additional small burs that may be present. Lastly the powder coat is many times more durable and solvent resistant than the rattle can.

I now have an instruction sheet to explain how to use the Sidekick. Yes it is tricky and ABSOLUTELY requires the assistance of a helper. But it gets much easier the second time being used.

Lastly the differences in the Pintisserie and my unit are pretty striking. Here are some of the obvious advantages:
    -Mine is constructed from much thicker steel. The premium model weighs in at nearly 21 pounds.
    -Mine has the adjustable rotation bearings, and not the lock bolts that do a poor job of applying the desired rotational resistance.
    -Mine has larger bolts and threaded features that are not going to strip out over time.
    -Mine is made in the USA.

Thanks again for the review and the pics. I really hope it continues to serve you well on down the road.

#417 3 years ago

I wish I had been more knowledgeable on what was required as far as what 500vdc documented. The prep work is just more than I expected but I understand it now after speaking with WRD. I would have definitely sprung for the powder coat as well.

#418 3 years ago

Setting up for this months run. However I currently have one LE roto in black ready for immediate ship. No waiting.

#419 3 years ago

So I finally built my own LE roto in blue powder-coat. Currently doing a hardtop install on my Grand Lizard playfield.

glht (resized).jpegglht (resized).jpeg
    #420 3 years ago

Completing the August build tomorrow. Last call for rotos and accessories for this month. All items excluding LE items ship this Saturday.

3 weeks later
    #421 3 years ago

Metal is stocked and cut and I will start the Septemeber build of rotisserie and accessories this coming up weekend. Still taking orders for this months build.

All Pro and Premium units will ship by the 30th. All LE units will ship 2nd or 3rd week of October.

#422 3 years ago

The September build is happening right now. Last call to place an order for rotos and accessories for this month.

#423 3 years ago

Update on the September Build.
    All purchased Pro/Premium Rotos and accessories have now shipped via UPS. Also all LE units have been dropped off at the powdercoating shop and should be ready to pick up in about two weeks.

Thanks all for the September purchases.

#424 3 years ago

Ended up building some extra items this month. Get em while they last!

I currently have 4 Pro/Premium Rotos in stock and ready for immediate shipping, and I also built some extra LE Rotos in Gloss black powdercoat too. The LE models will arrive in about a week or so, and I expect to be shipping out all those items Mid October. Normal Monthly build will begin towards the end of October.

Thanks all for the recent purchases. September was a monster month for Rotos and accessories for sure.

1 week later
    #425 3 years ago

All LE items (excluding Cobalt Blue) have shipped out. Hoping to have the Cobalt Blue items this week.
    Thanks all for the orders.

Now taking orders for the October run of Rotos and accessories.

#426 3 years ago

All Cobalt Blue LE items have now shipped out via UPS.

I current have the following LE Items in stock for immediate ship - no waiting:
    1 LE Roto in Black
    2 LE Sidekicks in Black
    6 LE Sliders in Black

Now taking orders for all other items for the October build which will begin in about a week or so.

#427 3 years ago

By popular request. Here are the most popular colors folks have requested for their LE items.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #428 3 years ago

Putting the rotisserie and sidekick to good work. Here’s a pic with my playfield still wired to the cabinet. Works great this way for games that have a lot of connections to avoid having to disconnect. Also helpful to be able to power it up when the playfield is apart, especially when testing out bulbs that may be in an otherwise hard to get to spot, or if you need to troubleshoot a mechanism while halfway torn down.

E2A4BA4C-2066-4C05-A2BF-1E9BDAC91DDE (resized).jpegE2A4BA4C-2066-4C05-A2BF-1E9BDAC91DDE (resized).jpeg
    #429 3 years ago

I thought I'd throw together a video to show how the rotisserie w/ a sidekick option works, and how to remove a WPC playfield (with the cables still connected).

#430 3 years ago

Excellent demo, thanks for posting this! I'm surprised you got the playfield out by yourself with it still on its legs!

#431 3 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Excellent demo, thanks for posting this! I'm surprised you got the playfield out by yourself with it still on its legs!

Thanks. It’s heavy, but more so just awkward reaching and pulling it out while having it pushed in enough to clear the latch. Soooo worth it once it’s out and on the rotisserie. I have a Getaway too and it’s a touch worse (heavier w/ the supercharger hardware I suspect).

#432 3 years ago

Some real good information there. Thanks for posting the video for Sidekick setup Leebo.

#433 3 years ago

The October build is under way. Just three more days to place an order if you are wanting items (pro and premium) from this months build. These items will ship next week.

Orders can be placed using the following link:

#435 3 years ago

Had a late flurry of LE roto purchases, so I am going to extend the ordering window about another 5 days. So anyone wanting any LE items in their choice of color should place their order no later than November Thursday November 5th. I expect these LE orders to ship mid to late November or so.

Ordering link below:

FYI I am expecting to build and fulfill rotos and accessories in December. But there will be additional delays due to the Christmas holiday. I expect no significant delays for any items purchased in the month of Novemeber.

#437 3 years ago

Pindoc tech-tip for everyone with the Sidekick. When using the Sidekick on playfields with the WPC sliding playfield brackets. If you grind down one side of the head of the large bolts. These bolts will now very nicely install on the inside of the bracket as shown, and they will not be allowed to rotate. This greatly simplifies the sidekick attaching process. Again this is only helpful for the WPC sliding playfield bracket.

Also, all Sidekicks sold going forward will now include the ground down 1/2" bolts.
    Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).pngUntitled1 (resized).pngUntitled1 (resized).png

#438 3 years ago

The November build of Pindoc rotos and accessories will begin a little early this month. This will begin this Saturday the 21st. Now taking orders for all items.

#439 3 years ago

Love this rotisserie! I bought one of the first ones last year and it's held up great. Rock solid, even using the $1.88/ea five foot .5" conduit. So nice to be able to ditch the saw horses and use a proper table-top for playfield work.

My only regret was not waiting long enough to see that you'd eventually offer a colored, powder-coated version. Cleaning up the protective grease coating from those first units was a pain, but well worth it.

06 (resized).jpg06 (resized).jpg
    #440 3 years ago

I really should invest in one of these soon, i have two playfields waiting to get swapped. Been putting it off for couple yrs now.

#441 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

Love this rotisserie! I bought one of the first ones last year and it's held up great. Rock solid, even using the $1.88/ea five foot .5" conduit. So nice to be able to ditch the saw horses and use a proper table-top for playfield work.
    My only regret was not waiting long enough to see that you'd eventually offer a colored, powder-coated version. Cleaning up the protective grease coating from those first units was a pain, but well worth it. [quoted image]

Very nice setup there. My pool table looks very much like your ping-pong table. A major catch-all for working on pins.
    Yeah you were one of my very first customers from what I remember. Very happy to hear the roto is doing well.

#443 3 years ago

Last call for Pindoc Rotos and accessories from the Novemeber build. I will be doing a December build, but there may be delays that will cause me to have to have to ship in early January. No delays for November .

Link to the order page:

1 week later
    #444 3 years ago

I purchased the sidekick on Nov 8th and just came to this thread to find that they’re not in production yet. I understand you’re a startup/small business, but it would be helpful if you posted something about timeframe for delivery in the shop and not just on the thread.

My life is not in the balance waiting for the items and I love the rotisserie! Just a suggestion so that people who expect to click->pay->receive aren’t disappointed.

#445 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

I purchased the sidekick on Nov 8th and just came to this thread to find that they’re not in production yet. I understand you’re a startup/small business, but it would be helpful if you posted something about timeframe for delivery in the shop and not just on the thread.
    My life is not in the balance waiting for the items and I love the rotisserie! Just a suggestion so that people who expect to click->pay->receive aren’t disappointed.

Feedback is always good, but how about sending it in a PM, rather than posting it here. Perhaps the shop owner is unaware that they can disable the option to not take orders or maybe they prefer to make the order as they receive the request.

From my experiences buying on here, I have seen the shop owner post several times if availability of items, time frames for shipping, seems to keep the consumer well informed. So from my point of view, if I had any concern, I personally would have sent a message to them as a courtesy or suggestion. Just my 2 cents. Maybe your intention was not to bash, but it certainly came off that way.

#446 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

I think it goes without saying that if you're buying an item from the Pinside shop and they clearly have links to threads about the products in their description, it's on you to go and read that thread. OP has a very clear production schedule and layout as described in this thread (and has many times given the opportunity to buy products without waiting). We're all just people in our basements/garages making shit, and trying to put someone on blast on a thread that contains all of the information you needed to make an informed purchase, just kind of bad form.

#447 3 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

I think it goes without saying that if you're buying an item from the Pinside shop and they clearly have links to threads about the products in their description, it's on you to go and read that thread. OP has a very clear production schedule and layout as described in this thread (and has many times given the opportunity to buy products without waiting). We're all just people in our basements/garages making shit, and trying to put someone on blast on a thread that contains all of the information you needed to make an informed purchase, just kind of bad form.

I have a different perspective for you to consider. First, I said I love the product and was making a suggestion. I'm not sure how that's a blast.

Second, as a serial entrepreneur, I know that feedback is critical to improvement and doesn't need to be kept discreet or super-secret. If I required every employee, customer, or business partner to provide feedback 1x1 I probably wouldn't get much of it. Also, sometimes when people get feedback 1x1 there is less accountability than if others hear it too. It's my perspective and you don't need to share it, of course.

Third, I understand that the OP isn't running a mega-business, but I also think it's fair to provide my thoughts here, since this is a forum. Others may have the same questions or thoughts. If they don't they can move on.

Great rotisserie and I'm getting great use out of it.

#448 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

Frog,
    I believe I have very clearly spoken to the terms of delivery in my shop as shown in the ATTACHMENT, and also in the manner that you have suggested. This is actually the same shop page where you made your purchase. I also make mention to this in a secondary location within the shop policies which can also be found on the main shop page. I am going to safely assume that you simply overlooked this information regarding delivery.

As a few others have already mentioned, and as stated in the attachment. I typically do one large build a month and that is always the last weekend of that month because I do have a regular full-time job. So because you placed your order early in the month, that meant that you would have a longer wait for it to arrive. I really do pride myself in keeping buyers very informed regarding the status of their purchases. Lastly I also would not really consider myself a small business, but rather just a Pinhead in the basement with a welder trying to support my silver ball addiction.

The good news is that your items shipped out yesterday via UPS, and the remainder of the NON LE items are shipping out today.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
    #449 3 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

I have a different perspective for you to consider. First, I said I love the product and was making a suggestion. I'm not sure how that's a blast.
    Second, as a serial entrepreneur, I know that feedback is critical to improvement and doesn't need to be kept discreet or super-secret. If I required every employee, customer, or business partner to provide feedback 1x1 I probably wouldn't get much of it. Also, sometimes when people get feedback 1x1 there is less accountability than if others hear it too. It's my perspective and you don't need to share it, of course.
    Third, I understand that the OP isn't running a mega-business, but I also think it's fair to provide my thoughts here, since this is a forum. Others may have the same questions or thoughts. If they don't they can move on.
    Great rotisserie and I'm getting great use out of it.

No, no, no, you don't get to say well I own a business, therfore I know better so I can tell him how run his better. Just accept you put them on blast when you should not have. It is simple. This group will have none of that for anyone who provides a product, communicates extremely well and delivers said product.

If others have opinions or thoughts that are "questionable" they can take it up with the shop owner. This thread is not a customer service thread for someone to rant and rave like a lunatic because their feelings were hurt or they can run a business better. Buy the product, don't buy the product. Give feedback to the owner first, then in the thread like they requested.

#450 3 years ago

All NON LE items have now shipped out via UPS. Many thanks for the Novemeber orders.

All LE items have been dropped off at the powdercoater. Hoping to see them back in about a week.

Now taking orders for the December build of Rotos and accessories.
    Link to the order page:

There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped/page/9?hl=hydrogenhuman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.