(Topic ID: 253922)

PinDoc Playfield ROTISSERIES starting at $260.00

By wrd1972_PinDoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    IMG_3672 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
    20231220_082654 (resized).jpg
    There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 16.
    #351 3 years ago

I can't wait for mine to arrive!

#352 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am interested but would want four of these “teeth”, 2 for each side. [quoted image]

Yes, exactly!! This is the thread that I was talking about with you last week. I think with the modification of the playfield mount to provide two on each end of the bracket in your pic, this would be golden. I'd be in for two for sure.

#353 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Yes, exactly!! This is the thread that I was talking about with you last week. I think with the modification of the playfield mount to provide two on each end of the bracket in your pic, this would be golden. I'd be in for two for sure.

I think it could be an "add-on" feature like the Sidekick. Who knows, maybe Bill will go for it.

#354 3 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I think it could be an "add-on" feature like the Sidekick. Who knows, maybe Bill will go for it.

Its on my list for the next option. The sidekicks turned into a much more massive undertaking that I expected they would, and they consumed a lot of time. But I have now settled on my final design.

I have something in mind for these smaller brackets. I fully expect it will happen soon.

#355 3 years ago

Lots of updates to mention today:

All LE Rotos from the May run are now shipped.

I am preparing to build Rotos and Sidekicks this weekend. That means if anyone would like to get one from this months run, please get your orders in ASAP. All Pro and Premium Rotos ordered by the end of this weekend, will ship by the end of the month, and LE models will ship early to mid June.

NOW SHIPPING TO CANADA!
    Yes that's correct! Did not want you guys out in the cold any longer.

So in general, there will be an additional $40 dollar charge to ship to Canada at a minimum. That charge my increase depending on location. So for those folks who are interested, please contact me via PM for a shipping quote.

#356 3 years ago

Just built a bunch of rotos, to mostly cover all units sold during the month of May, but ran out of metal again. Always happens on a Saturday. Will pick up again early in the week.

All paid-for NON LE models will ship mid next week to late next week. I will also be taking a batch of Rotos to the powdercoater next week too. This means anyone wanting a LE model can have their choice of color from ralcolor.com

#357 3 years ago

All paid for Pro and Premium Rotos from the May build have now shipped. Thanks for the orders.

#358 3 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

NOW SHIPPING TO CANADA!
    Yes that's correct! Did not want you guys out in the cold any longer.
    So in general, there will be an additional $40 dollar charge to ship to Canada at a minimum. That charge my increase depending on location. So for those folks who are interested, please contact me via PM for a shipping quote.

I was the guinea pig for the first Canadian shipment. Shipped out on Thursday. Got it Monday. No issues whatsoever. Awesome rotisserie!

Not sure of additional charges yet as Fedex Ground usually just sends a bill later.

Thanks much to Bill!

#359 3 years ago

I just finished my Seawitch playfield swap using this rotisserie and I cannot give it higher marks! This thing is great! Build sturdy as hell and I love the smooth rotation. I made some mounts for the front of the playfield because I hate when you have the clamps on and cannot put the apron on and get the front buttoned up on any rotisserie. I designed them in Fusion 360 and 3d printed them. I am thinking of going to shapeways and getting some made out of metal and then they could be pinned in place and not even need a clamp. Let me know what you guys think. I will do something for the top of the playfield as well... still thinking of the best way to attack it.
    20200430_182000 (resized).jpg20200430_182000 (resized).jpg20200502_222834 (resized).jpg20200502_222834 (resized).jpg
    20200502_222936 (resized).jpg20200502_222936 (resized).jpg20200502_222659 (resized).jpg20200502_222659 (resized).jpg

-Jim

#360 3 years ago

My rotisserie arrived yesterday and I unboxed it and set it up today. I am impressed with not only the build quality, but the powder coating too. This thing is definitely made for heavy duty use with even the heaviest of playfields. I love the rotation locking/clamping system. It stays put when you tighten the clamping knob!

I like how well it is packed for shipment.

Now I've got go buy me some C clamps for it.

#361 3 years ago
    Quoted from jim5six:

I just finished my Seawitch playfield swap using this rotisserie and I cannot give it higher marks! This thing is great! Build sturdy as hell and I love the smooth rotation. I made some mounts for the front of the playfield because I hate when you have the clamps on and cannot put the apron on and get the front buttoned up on any rotisserie. I designed them in Fusion 360 and 3d printed them. I am thinking of going to shapeways and getting some made out of metal and then they could be pinned in place and not even need a clamp. Let me know what you guys think. I will do something for the top of the playfield as well... still thinking of the best way to attack it.
    [quoted image][quoted image]
    -Jim

Cool design Jim! I like those! I would buy a set from you.

#362 3 years ago

Just loaded up another playfield on the PinDoc rotisserie. Love this thing; it’s solid and makes working on the playfield much more manageable. I‘ve used the c-clamp mounting method on a couple EM’s so far and have had zero issues. Totally acceptable. I know some want or need to mount the playfield a different way depending on the game, but I wanted to chime in and say the c-clamp method in my experience has been no problem at all for my EM’s. I also have the sidekick and used it on my Getaway to grab the back end of the playfield and clamps on the front. Super solid. Great product and love the attention to detail and continual improvement.

02149870-F1DE-45A8-885C-23721E6FC477 (resized).jpeg02149870-F1DE-45A8-885C-23721E6FC477 (resized).jpeg125B4EFB-B2F8-4298-BDB9-03525E3567FC (resized).jpeg125B4EFB-B2F8-4298-BDB9-03525E3567FC (resized).jpeg

#363 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Cool design Jim! I like those! I would buy a set from you.

Thanks! I'll post here if I get them uploaded to shapeways.

-Jim

#364 3 years ago

Got my Pro version back from local paint shop today. thing is great.

20200602_171506 (resized).jpg20200602_171506 (resized).jpg
    #365 3 years ago

Great pics of the rotos in action, and being finished out. Please keep em' coming.

I am currently working on a design for some sliding adapters so the front of the PF can be mouted up without using c-clamps. The adapters will attach to the holes where the hanger brackets are located on the front of the PF. So that means the apron will still need to come off.

Jim5six,
    Those are some excellent designed adapters that you have created. Thanks for sharing. Keep us updated how they are working out.

#366 3 years ago

Due to cost increases in materials. I will be raising the prices of all Rotos and Sidekicks by 5% starting the month of July. This will is be an increase of $10 for all items across the board.

The current pricing will remain intact for the entire month of June, and those who are wanting to beat the price increase should place their orders in the next couple of weeks. I will be starting the June build next weekend, which is a bit earlier than typical.

I currently have (2) Pro/Premium rotos in stock for immediate shipping. No waiting folks!

Click below to place orders:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations-shop

#367 3 years ago

I will take that Sidekick.

#368 3 years ago

If any of you are "sitting on the fence" about this rotisserie, BUY IT! You will love it. The build quality is outstanding and 100% American made. I give it five stars review. Nothing short of excellent. I bought an "LE" version because I wanted to put it to use right away and I liked the "sports car red" powder coat paint job on it.

#370 3 years ago

All Rotos are now currently sold out. But taking orders for the upcoming June build:

Click below to place orders:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations-shop

#371 3 years ago

I am currently working on a design for some sliding adapters so the front of the PF can be mouted up without using c-clamps. The adapters will attach to the holes where the hanger brackets are located on the front of the PF. So that means the apron will still need to come off.

happy to hear this and ready to order once they are ready

#372 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

happy to hear this and ready to order once they are ready

First big design hurdle cleared for the adjustable, clamp-less front moutning adapters. Looking to have a prototype created by this weekend, maybe sooner.

#373 3 years ago

All LE Rotos and Sidekicks for which I have received payments, will ship in the morning.
    Thanks for the orders guys.

#374 3 years ago

Does anybody have the Jabetc rottiserie from Marco or elsewhere, AND the box and instructions that came with it.
    If so, can someone please send me a PM.
    Thanks

#375 3 years ago

Does anybody have the Jabetc rottiserie from Marco or elsewhere, AND the box and instructions that came with it.
    If so, can someone please send me a PM.
    Thanks

My Jabetc came with no instructions at all. Just the rotisserie was in the box and you have to put it together yourself. Not even a picture of the thing assembled. The box mine came in is long gone. The return address was southern California is all I remember. Paypal receipt shows Jabetc/TiltLA as the seller.

I will be modifying my Jabetc rotisserie tomorrow and take some pictures of it.

#376 3 years ago

By popular demand, I will now be offering "Sliders" for my Rotos.

By adding Sliders to your Pindoc rotisserie, you can mount the front of the playfield to the roto by using the hanger holes, instead of using c-clamps.

The Sliders are constructed from 1-1/4" 14 gauge square tubing, 1/2" x 1" flat metal, and 1/2" bolts, and are similar to the ones that rx3 posted up recently. Needless to say, strong as Hell.

Currently, they will work with all playfields that use the typical Williams/Bally metal hangers. They will also be sold in pairs, but price is still to be determined.

So for the folks that might be interested in the Sliders, will you please send me a PM with the Subject line "sliders". Here are some early pics.

IMG_20200611_202532 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202532 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202616 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202616 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202637 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202637 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202715 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202715 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202746 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_202746 (resized).jpg

#377 3 years ago

I made an improvement to my pindoc rotisserie: I added some self-stick felt pads to the bottom surfaces of the rotisserie because I use it on a glass display case. I want to protect the glass.

I have started using my pindoc rotisserie on EM game relay panels. This is a picture of the relay panel from a Williams 1967 "Derby Day" machine installed on the rotisserie. It's solid and doesn't wobble at all.

pindoc6 (resized).JPGpindoc6 (resized).JPGpindoc7 (resized).JPGpindoc7 (resized).JPG

#378 3 years ago

By popular demand, I will now be offering "Sliders" for my Rotos.
    By adding Sliders to your Pindoc rotisserie, you can mount the front of the playfield to the roto by using the hanger holes, instead of using c-clamps. You can also attach the apron, but you will need to tape it down on the front side. The Sliders can also be used on the rear of lighter playfields, if you dont mind running wood screws into the bottom of the PF.
    The Sliders are constructed from 1-1/4" 14 gauge square tubing, 1/2" x 1" flat metal, and 1/2" bolts. Needless to say, strong as Hell. Currently, they will work with all playfields that use the typical Williams/Bally metal hangers. They will also be sold in pairs, but price is still to be determined.
    I do need someone to please provide me a measurement from a Williams widebody playfield. Might it be the same as standard body at 16" or so?
    So for the folks that might be interested in the Sliders, will you please send me a PM with the Subject line "sliders". Here are some early pics.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Should have come with the Rotos to begin with. Oh and you're welcome for the idea.

#379 3 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

I made an improvement to my pindoc rotisserie: I added some self-stick felt pads to the bottom surfaces of the rotisserie because I use it on a glass display case. I want to protect the glass.
    I have started using my pindoc rotisserie on EM game relay panels. This is a picture of the relay panel from a Williams 1967 "Derby Day" machine installed on the rotisserie. It's solid and doesn't wobble at all.

I added some 1" felt pads to mine too, since it was powder coated and wanted to protect the coating. Good idea with the game relay panel board. I'll be doing the same once I finish the current playfield I'm working on.

Quoted from rx3:

Should have come with the Rotos to begin with. Oh and you're welcome for the idea.

Chock it up to continuous improvement, and an option for those that don't want to go the c-clamp route. For me, the c-clamps have worked fine but this is a good alternative.

#380 3 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

I don't know about that...but they are a nice option for guys who can't figure out how to use a 'C' Clamp.

Got my Sidekicks last night. Thanks for the great service (as always) Doc!

#381 3 years ago

No plan at this time to include the Sliders with rotisseries. They are technically NOT required to attach the PF to the roto, plus they would greatly increase the sale price of the rotos as well. At this time, they will be an option just like the Sidekicks.

I have purchased materials for a full run, and will determine the sale price by the end of this weekend. I have already added the Sliders to my shop, but I still need to revise the sale price once I have it.

#382 3 years ago

The June build begins tomorrow! Still taking orders on Rotos and Sidekicks. All items (excluding LE) will ship before the end of the month. Sliders (excluding LE) will start shipping early July. The Sliders will be order-able by the end of the weekend.

BEAT THE PRICE INCREASE COMING IN JULY!!!
    Starting next month. All the prices on all items will increase 5%. This is due to a cost increase on materials.

Also by popular demand. I will also now be including thumb-bolts for the extenders on all Premium, and LE rotisseries, at no extra cost.

Click the following link, to place orders:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1730-pindoc-restorations

#383 3 years ago

The June build begins tomorrow! Still taking orders on Rotos and Sidekicks. All items (excluding LE) will ship before the end of the month. Sliders (excluding LE) will start shipping early July. The Sliders will be order-able by the end of the weekend.
    BEAT THE PRICE INCREASE COMING IN JULY!!!
    Starting next month. All the prices on all items will increase 5%. This is due to a cost increase on materials.
    Also by popular demand. I will also now be including thumb-bolts for the extenders on all Premium, and LE rotisseries, at no extra cost.
    Click the following link, to place orders:

I would shop the metal around (before raising prices) from near and far suppliers you might be surprised at the pricing variation we are seeing.

Example - less than $1.8/ft

67CC5029-FB52-41DD-BEC1-722C58C9829A (resized).png67CC5029-FB52-41DD-BEC1-722C58C9829A (resized).png
    #384 3 years ago

And another place:

03F8BCE7-6340-4E44-B5C5-C056554FEC50 (resized).png03F8BCE7-6340-4E44-B5C5-C056554FEC50 (resized).png
    #385 3 years ago

Thanks for posting. But the additional costs are not just limited to the metal.

It may not appear so on the surface, but there is a large supply chain, and other moving pieces that go into build these things. Also I don't currently buy any metal on-line. Could not even begin to imagine what the cost of shipping that kind of size and weight would be. Yikes!

All my metal is purchased locally, and I simply haul it as needed in my Chevy Avalanche. I would love to know how many thousands of pounds I have already hauled. Overall I do believe I am getting the best deal possible from my metal retailer.

But in the end, the cost increase only amounts to 5%, and most of it appears to be due to C19. But again, its not just limited to metal.

#386 3 years ago

Thanks for posting. But the additional costs are not just limited to the metal.
    It may not appear so on the surface, but there is a large supply chain, and other moving pieces that go into build these things. Also I don't currently buy any metal on-line. Could not even begin to imagine what the cost of shipping that kind of size and weight would be. Yikes!
    All my metal is purchased locally, and I simply haul it as needed in my Chevy Avalanche. I would love to know how many thousands of pounds I have already hauled. Overall I do believe I am getting the best deal possible from my metal retailer.
    But in the end, the cost increase only amounts to 5%, and most of it appears to be due to C19. But again, its not just limited to metal.

Sounds good. The 1.80 / ft included shipping to your door. FYI

1 week later
    #389 3 years ago

Last call on all Rotos. Shipments are going out today. I have some extras ready to go.

#390 3 years ago

I'll take a pro, ordering now.

#391 3 years ago

All Pro and Premium items (excluding Canadian) have shipped. All LE items have been dropped off at the powdercoat shop, and will ship mid-July. Thanks again for the purchases guys.

Still honoring current price points for the rest of July, and those purchases will ship end of July. Four more days left.

1 week later
    #392 3 years ago

Update:
    All powdercoated items are expected to be ready on the 13th, and will start shipping shortly thereafter.

Now taking orders for the July build of Pindoc products. Orders can be placed in the shop by clicking the following link:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations

#393 3 years ago

Update:
    All LE powdercoated products from the June build have now shipped via UPS.

The July build will begin on the 26th, and all Pro/Premium items will ship before months end. All LE items will ship mid-August. All orders can be placed at the below link:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations

#394 3 years ago

Does anybody have photos of the sliders in action? I'm having a little trouble imagining exactly how they mount to games... My main reason for not buying a rotisserie is I absolutely DETEST working with C-Clamps. They are to be used only for glue ups in my opinion.

#395 3 years ago

The Sliders will slide over the rotating 1/8" angle stock, and solidly clamp in place with the 1/2" bolts (see attachment).

The Williams/Bally PF will attach to the arms on the sliders using the same bolt locations as the hanger brackets. I will have my Grand Lizard up on a Roto here soon, but I dont have any action pics. Maybe someone will post some up.
    hanger (resized).pnghanger (resized).png

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
    #396 3 years ago

The Sliders will slide over the rotating 1/8" angle stock, and solidly clamp in place with the 1/2" bolts (see attachment).
    The Williams/Bally PF will attach to the arms on the sliders using the same bolt locations as the hanger brackets. I will have my Grand Lizard up on a Roto here soon, but I dont have any action pics. Maybe someone will post some up.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I will try to get some pics up. I am setting up my new High Speed for restoration this weekend, so I can snap a few pics for the group.

#397 3 years ago

Guess that leaves us Data East and Gottlieb dickheads out of luck.

I still plan on ordering the basic version! Looks stellar and everybody speaks very highly of your craftsmanship!

#398 3 years ago

Not exactly.
    Please send me a PM and we can swap pics and dimensions and tweak them to fit those too. The purpose of the 1/4" thick 1" wide arm is so that i could add holes to fit DE, Gott and Stern too. Ready when you are.

#399 3 years ago

I currently have two LE rotisseries in Red, and two LE rotisseries in Black boxed and ready to ship. No waiting folks!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations/03115-pindoc-rotisserie

#400 3 years ago

I currently have two LE rotisseries in Red, and two LE rotisseries in Black boxed and ready to ship. No waiting folks!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations/03115-pindoc-rotisserie

Okay, I just bought one...send me a red one.
    The name is under James A. In Texas.

There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped/page/8?hl=dragon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.