(Topic ID: 253922)

PinDoc Playfield ROTISSERIES starting at $260.00

By wrd1972_PinDoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    IMG_3672 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
    20231220_082654 (resized).jpg
    There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.
    #301 4 years ago

Yes I can offer powdercoating on the side kicks. But i need to get the quote from the powdercoating shop on monday or tuesday.

I will plan on posting sidekick pricing no later than wednesday night.

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Yes I can offer powdercoating on the side kicks. But i need to get the quote from the powdercoating shop on monday or tuesday.
    I will plan on posting sidekick pricing no later than wednesday night.

Keep me posted on price. Probably going to buy it also

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Will do.

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from tonyhoff1:

+ 1

#305 4 years ago

Lots of big progress on the sidekicks today. Many hurdles cleared. I am currently doing one last test fit of the sidekick production square arms on the WPC brackets, and will very likely have some production sidekicks constructed tomorrow. Sidekicks are going fast. Everyone who has already contacted me is in line for one. But I have a few left.

Last call for LE rotos in your choice of color. If you are looking for ONLY a LE roto and NOT a sidekick. Please go ahead and place your order now, and provide me your choice of color. If you are looking for a LE roto and a LE sidekick. Please send me a PM with your choice of color so it can be reserved.

#306 4 years ago

I sent you a PM

#307 4 years ago

Due to Covid19, there might be difficulties getting rotos powdercoated for this current run. The Governor has now shut down all NON-essential businesses in the state, and that means the powdercoating shop has locked the doors. I spoke to them yesterday, and they are going to determine what their operation schedules will be going forward by the end of the week, or early next week. Hopefully they can either commit, or not commit no later than Monday next week. So as a result of folks wanting powdercoated sidekicks, there was going to be a small delay this week anyway since I wont have the sidekicks built till late week.

So in the event that the powdercoater CANT provide the service for this run. Those who have already made payment for LE rotos can either purchase a Premium roto and receive a $70 refund, or request a full refund.

THE GOOD NEWS IS that I should not be encountering any issues with purchasing materials, or shipping units out. So that means that I can provide Pro and Premium rotos without any significant impacts or delays due to C19. Same goes for sidekicks.

So I will be contacting the powdercoating shop at the end of the week, and once I have more info on their status, I will post it up.

#308 4 years ago

wrd1972, I sent you a PM a couple days ago? Did you get it?

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

wrd1972, I sent you a PM a couple days ago? Did you get it?

Just replied to your PM.

#310 4 years ago

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON PINDOC ROTOS

It is my understanding that the STATE government will be shutting down all NON life-essential businesses starting at 8PM on Thursday 26th. This might impact my ability to get units out. For those who have already purchased a Pro or Premium model, THEY WILL SHIP TOMORROW.

If anyone wants a roto, I CAN GET IT SHIPPED tomorrow upon receiving payment, and beat the shut-down. This may be your only chance to get a Pindoc roto in the near future.

Sidekick production process is still in the build design phase. Still lots of kinks to work out to ensure a reasonable cost. They are certainly much more difficult to make compared to the rotos.

So if you would like to receive a Pro or Premium roto, please place your order ASAP. LE models are on hold for a while.

Please contact me with any concerns.

Thanks

#311 4 years ago

FYI the prototype rotos have all now been sold.

Orders are coming in like crazy, and I will build rotos all night if I must. Rest assured that all purchased rotos WILL ship tomorrow before the shut-down. Please see post 1 for ordering information.

#312 4 years ago

Last call for Pro and Premium model rotos. All orders placed before 2PM today, will ship out today.
    See post one for links to my shop.

#313 4 years ago

When are you building more? I need the roto and side kick combo not just the roto....

#314 4 years ago

I have rotos built right now and they can ship today. Still working on the build process for the sidekicks since they are taking longer to build than I expected.

#315 4 years ago

Oh and I have lots of metal already pre-cut, and they could be built in very short order. Just need to wait and see when the UPS store will be back open in order to ship.

#316 4 years ago

All rotisseries for which I have sent payment have been shipped via UPS.
    Many thanks for the purchases.

#317 4 years ago

Thanks for the Update and the Fast Shipping!

1 week later
    #318 4 years ago

Big update on the Sidekicks.

I now have my final design for the sidekick completed. It will attach to the following playfields:
    -System 11 20-1/4" wide (single pivot)
    -WPC standard 20-1/4" wide (pivot or sliding mount)
    -WPC widebody 23-1/4" wide (pivot or sliding mount)

Price on the sidekicks will start at $180.00 shipped. I will offer a 10% discount off of the total cost of a Premium or LE rotisserie, when the sidekick is also purchased. For the folks that have already purchased a Premium or LE roto from me, I will sell you a sidekick for 10% off through May 31st 2020.

The sidekicks are VERY challenging to make compared to the rotos. There is a significant amount more precision, complexity and time needed to build them. In short...I can build three rotos in the time it takes to build a single sidekick.

I currently have the metal on-hand to build several sidekicks, and the shipping boxes and hardware will arrive mid-week. I am looking to send the first ones out no later than the end of the month. However if there are delays, I will post them here on this thread.

For those that get the first ones...PLEASE provide me feedback via PM regarding your experience with it because it is critical that I get it in order to make any tweaks that may be needed. At this time, I have fully tested the sidekick on a Williams Whirlwind, and a William Getaway. In both cases, it worked completely as expected, with no issues.

The Sidekick will include all of the required hardware to mount the playfields listed above.

Here is the link to make a purchase:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations/03629-pindoc-sidekick

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg

#319 4 years ago

NOW ACCEPTING ORDERS for the April run of PinDoc rotisseries and SideKicks. I am now able to ship again WITHOUT any delays, and I am also able to provide the powdercoating once again for the LE models.

Here is the link to my shop with all the rotos and sidekicks:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations

Again I am offering a 10% discount for roto/sidekick combo purchases. Please use discount code "PINDOC-BIG10" to receive your discount when competing your purchase.

The cost of steel is expected to increase in the near future due to C19. However, I am still able to maintain my current prices, but there is a possibility that the cost of rotos and sidekickas may go up in the near future. Just FYI.

2 weeks later
    #321 4 years ago

Used my Roto for the first time this week. Man, what a great improvement.

Rebuilt a drop target assembly and pops in about 1/3 of the time it would normally take me with the playfield inside the machine. Also gave me the opportunity to do some cabinet work I had been putting off.

Just wanted to add my .02 and say thanks to the PinDoc.

#322 4 years ago

I am waiting patiently for my sidekick

#323 4 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I am waiting patiently for my sidekick

Did you order it? I didn’t yet.

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Did you order it? I didn’t yet.

Yes I did

#325 4 years ago

I ordered one last month and used it on a Jacks Open restoration. Made life SO much easier, and the product is well made and a great price. I bought two pieces of electrical conduit, as suggested, to form the "rails" on the bottom to hold it together for under $5 total at Lowe's. Works perfectly.

#326 4 years ago

Update:
    I will be building the April run of rotos and sidekicks this weekend. At current, there are no impacts that should affect me building, powdercoating or shipping. So for those that would anything one from this run. Please make payment by this weekend and it will be reserved. Again LE models are now available again. Links to my shop to make a purchase, are on post #1 of this thread.

#327 4 years ago

Really glad the rotos are meeting your expectations.

So I have been doing a full PF swap on a Williams Whirlwind, and could not be more happy with the job that they perform. I have a pair of rotos set up side by side, and I stand between two and transfer parts from the old to the new. I dont have to worry about parts piling up, and forgetting what goes where. Basically a part comes of, and then it goes right back on in a very smooth stress free manner. I was also very pleased with how quick the process was, by doing it this way.

So for anyone wanting to purchase multiple rotos, I will now offer a 10% discount on Premiums and LEs only. PM me if interested.

Here are some pics of my setup:

20200329_142343 (resized).jpg20200329_142343 (resized).jpg20200330_174712 (resized).jpg20200330_174712 (resized).jpg20200330_174733 (resized).jpg20200330_174733 (resized).jpg
    #328 4 years ago

All -

I have a one time use / need for one of these. I am not a restoration guy any more (used to spend lots time but just don’t have it to do full restorations). Also I love the design - kudos to Bill.

I did chat with Bill about renting one but this is not part of his business model - which I completely understand.

(A) SO my proposal (anyone buying the rotisserie & the sidekick) I would rent it from you to do this 1 time playfield swap.

This could help offset what you pay for one for the long-term!!!!

(B). 2nd proposal - if you are doing a 1-time swap I would buy the setup from you to complete mine after yours. Let me know.

PM if interested.

Thanks.

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

All -
    I have a one time use / need for one of these. I am not a restoration guy any more (used to spend lots time but just don’t have it to do full restorations). Also I love the design - kudos to Bill.
    I did chat with Bill about renting one but this is not part of his business model - which I completely understand.
    (A) SO my proposal (anyone buying the rotisserie & the sidekick) I would rent it from you to do this 1 time playfield swap.
    This could help offset what you pay for one for the long-term!!!!
    (B). 2nd proposal - if you are doing a 1-time swap I would buy the setup from you to complete mine after yours. Let me know.
    PM if interested.
    Thanks.

Or you buy it and resell it to me as I can use 2.

#330 4 years ago
    Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Or you buy it and resell it to me as I can use 2.

That is another good idea!

Anyone interested in any of the 3 proposals above PM me!

#331 4 years ago

Just my 2 cents tip if you buy and resell, hang on to the box that it comes in as it was part of the design. Note how it's packed; it's done in a clever way to get it all in a tight box that's just small enough to keep shipping expenses under control. The design of Bill's awesome rotisserie went a little beyond the rotisserie itself.

#332 4 years ago

Got my rotisserie a couple weeks ago. Very nice. I envy your welds op. I'm sure I'm in the minority here when it comes to using clamps, but no way will I use clamps to hold my playfield. Please no offense, this is just my constructive criticism, but clamps seem kinda cheesy for such a nice rotisserie.

I made a different mounting system that is working out really well. I copied it from another rotisserie, so not my idea. You can mount the whole playfield including the backboard. I'm posting pictures, and yes I know my welding sucks ass.

I plasti dipped the rotisserie, but I still think powder coating is the best option. I ordered the pro version because I wanted to use one piece to join the A-frames together as opposed to 3 separate links. One piece seems sturdier. I think.

I put together this rolling cart allowing me to roll the rotisserie around in my crowded garage. It's also the perfect height for working while sitting on my work stool.

I have thick skin. Feel free to tell me my ideas suck.

20200424_171023 (resized).jpg20200424_171023 (resized).jpg20200424_171034 (resized).jpg20200424_171034 (resized).jpg20200424_171818 (resized).jpg20200424_171818 (resized).jpg20200424_171831 (resized).jpg20200424_171831 (resized).jpg
    #333 4 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

Got my rotisserie a couple weeks ago. Very nice. I envy your welds op. I'm sure I'm in the minority here when it comes to using clamps, but no way will I use clamps to hold my playfield. Please no offense, this is just my constructive criticism, but clamps seem kinda cheesy for such a nice rotisserie.
    I made a different mounting system that is working out really well. I copied it from another rotisserie, so not my idea. You can mount the whole playfield including the backboard. I'm posting pictures, and yes I know my welding sucks ass.
    I plasti dipped the rotisserie, but I still think powder coating is the best option. I ordered the pro version because I wanted to use one piece to join the A-frames together as opposed to 3 separate links. One piece seems sturdier. I think.
    I put together this rolling cart allowing me to roll the rotisserie around in my crowded garage. It's also the perfect height for working while sitting on my work stool.
    I have thick skin. Feel free to tell me my ideas suck.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Like the idea.
    Have you thought of making it a U Bracket plate where playfield slips in between and bolt goes through. Then you can install rubber foam on insides of u bracket.

Basically you have half of the U. Weld another plate on each one.
    Just wondering when you flip all the weight is now on bolt head.

FYI

#334 4 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

Like the idea.
    Have you thought of making it a U Bracket plate where playfield slips in between and bolt goes through. Then you can install rubber foam on insides of u bracket.
    Basically you have half of the U. Weld another plate on each one.
    Just wondering when you flip all the weight is now on bolt head.
    FYI

Damn! That's a good idea. I'm going to try that.

Edit: I just realized a bracket like you describe won't allow the backboard and apron to remain on the playfield. This design should be strong enough if you use a large bolt and large washers through a light socket hole. The apron side actually uses 2 playfield holes on each bracket. In the picture, I have only 1 bolt shown.

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

Damn! That's a good idea. I'm going to try that.

Then we can buy them from you. Nice add on!!

Read 2nd post. Maybe still make in that way and you can still use your way or my way depending on your playfield.

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

I'm actually not trying to get in on the op's gig here. If he wants to test the idea, then he can make and sell them. His welding skills are better LOL. If he does do it, he should probably change the angle iron on his rotisserie to square tubing.

Rotis (resized).jpgRotis (resized).jpg
    #337 4 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

Read 2nd post. Maybe still make in that way and you can still use your way or my way depending on your playfield.

Yeah I feel you should have different adapters available depending on your playfield. Here's another idea I was going to reproduce. I was going to make it out of metal and use a bolt instead of a clamp. A poor man's sidekick LOL. I think it will only work for WPC95 though.
    RotisAdapter (resized).jpgRotisAdapter (resized).jpg

#338 4 years ago

Dupe

#339 4 years ago

Dupe

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

I have thick skin. Feel free to tell me my ideas suck.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Some great ideas for sure. I am not a fan of C-Clamps either. Nice work.

#341 4 years ago

Building rotos and sidekicks this very minute. Metal chips and sparks are a flying.

Anyone interested in units from April run should place their orders ASAP. All Pro and Premium units will ship before the end of this month. I am shooting for LE models to ship around the 2nd week of May.

#342 3 years ago

Last call for rotos and sidekicks from the April run. Extras made. Ships in 3 days excluding LE models.

#343 3 years ago

Update:
    All Pro and Premium Rotos, and Sidekicks for which I received payment have shipped. Many thanks for these orders.

I currently have 3 extra Rotos built that can be configured either Pro or Premium, and 1 premium Sidekick left. I can ship these within three days after receiving payment for anyone interested.

I also will have the following LE units available for sale in a couple weeks:
    -2x Bright red LE Rotos
    -1x Black LE Roto
    -2x Black LE Sidekicks

I could possibly reconfigure the colors above if purchase is made in the next few days, and I am contacted.

I expect the May run of units to be built the weekend of May 23rd.

Thanks

#344 3 years ago

By request. Here is a quick vid of the sidekick in action on a System11 playfield. Note the stability and the additional holes to attach to a WPC playfield as well.

Tested up to 60RPM. LOL

#345 3 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

By request. Here is a quick vid of the sidekick in action on a System11 playfield. Note the stability and the additional holes to attach to a WPC playfield as well.

Tested up to 60RPM. LOL

Just installed my Sidekick. Works as described. Please have a helper when installing playfield onto Roto and sidekick.

#346 3 years ago

Yes have a helper. I am almost done with an install guide that will help out. Absolutely requires two people.

#347 3 years ago

Just had a wonderful experience receiving, painting and assembling Bill’s Rotisserie.

Bill answered all my questions promptly. Shipping was very fast and quality was 5 star. I’m very impressed to say the least.

Ted

CC7BC991-3CBC-4B50-B5A8-8154571F7DF2 (resized).jpegCC7BC991-3CBC-4B50-B5A8-8154571F7DF2 (resized).jpeg
    #348 3 years ago

I just ordered one of the LE models.

#349 3 years ago

Many thanks for you order Mslow and Ken.

I currently have one more Black LE Rotisserie for sale from last months run. Looking to be able to ship it next week if anyone is interested. PM me regarding any other custom colors.

I am also gearing up for the May run of Rotos and Sidekicks. Links to my items in the shop are located on #1 of this thread.

1 week later
    #350 3 years ago

I am interested but would want four of these “teeth”, 2 for each side.

D435DD3C-48B9-44B9-A772-1116FD61ECBA (resized).pngD435DD3C-48B9-44B9-A772-1116FD61ECBA (resized).png
    There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped/page/7?hl=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.