(Topic ID: 253922)

PinDoc Playfield ROTISSERIES starting at $260.00

By wrd1972_PinDoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    IMG_3672 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
    20231220_082654 (resized).jpg
    There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.
    #251 4 years ago

Regarding the Stern PF side brackets. Are the SPIKE machines using the same brackets as the older SAM ones?

#252 4 years ago

Okay here are some teaser pics of my first brackets for supporting a System 11 playfield by the side pivot brackets. I will next add some additional holes so a WPC playfield can be fitted, and test it soon.
    20200212_174152 (resized).jpg20200212_174152 (resized).jpg20200212_174220 (resized).jpg20200212_174220 (resized).jpg

20200212_192909 (resized).jpg20200212_192909 (resized).jpg
    #253 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Okay here are some teaser pics of my first brackets for supporting a System 11 playfield by the side pivot brackets. I will next add some additional holes so a WPC playfield can be fitted, and test it soon.[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s what I’m talking about!

#254 4 years ago

Okay here are some teaser pics of my first brackets for supporting a System 11 playfield by the side pivot brackets. I will next add some additional holes so a WPC playfield can be fitted, and test it soon.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Here is my concern. The fulcrum point of the playfield is almost at center and that adds a lot of stress on welded joints. This is why the factories used a complete frame system, which is still the best approach. Keep going Bill, you are gonna figure this out for the group.

#255 4 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why not attach the weld at the point circled?

weld (resized).jpgweld (resized).jpg
    #256 4 years ago

You are spot on regarding the fulcrum. I am pretty confident that this early design is more than substantial regarding the welds. Although you cant see them in these pics. There are many more welds holding it together. I have also arranged the parts so there are no delicate butt welds to be stressed. Most joints are wrapped in one way or another.

So I have already found the weak point, and its with the angle pieces. Currently they are 1/8" thick, and they are twisting just a minor bit. Im going to make a new set out of 1/4" and see if they resist flexing.

I will be building an all new set of L brackets because these are a tad too short for WPC. I have also found a better way of building them that will make them even stronger than they are right now, and make installation easier.

I also wanted to see if there was any flex in the other parts, and there does not appear to be. Even the poly brackets are staying nice and true.

Oh and yes I agree a full frame is ideal. But its a non-starter because of what it likely cost to ship because of its longer parts. Hopefully these will ship in the same box as the rotos.

Stay tuned. Hopefully it will work out. It's looking good so far.

#257 4 years ago

Latest batch of powdercoated LE models have arrived. Sure was a colorful batch this time. They really look good.

I currently have one red LE roto available for sale, and ready to ship the next day. Please see post 1 if your interested.
    20200218_153002 (resized).jpg20200218_153002 (resized).jpg

#258 4 years ago

I wanted to mention my experience in dealing with @wrd1972's rotisserie. Main thing is, I love it. It's so great at holding the playfield steady. I have another rotisserie I purchased online, and it easily moves because I can't tighten it enough. Kind of frustrating. This one is easy to lock down and stays in place! Just purchased another so I can do an easy swap. For something he made on his own, it's very well done. I can't recommend it enough!

CBB2FB21-D652-4941-B3E4-77FE0EC8163C (resized).jpegCBB2FB21-D652-4941-B3E4-77FE0EC8163C (resized).jpeg
    #259 4 years ago

All LE models for which I have received payment, shipped out this morning.
    Thanks again for the purchases.

#260 4 years ago

LAST CALL FOR FEBRUARY ROTISSERIES.
    If you are looking to get one, and you want it by the end of the month, please place your order by the end of this weekend. See post #1 for links to my shop.

#261 4 years ago

I want the add-on! Lol when it is ready of course

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I want the add-on! Lol when it is ready of course

So the SYS11, WPC arms will have to be attached to a new angle bracket, because the existing 1" x 1/8" thick bracket is twisting too much under the heavier load. The new angle bracket will be 1.5" x 1/4" thick, and will install the exact same way as the smaller one. With the thicker bracket, there is a total of 1 degree of twist relative to the a-frame, which is plenty acceptable. I think this also shows that the a-frame is up to the task for this mod. I will be testing a very heavy Getaway PF hopefully in the next week or so.

It appears the new arms should be used with the square extenders, and not the electrical conduit. There is a lot more stress on the extenders when loading and unloading the PF from the arms. The stress is greatly minimized when the PF is installed and secure.

So the side bracket mod will include a new larger angle bracket, the left arm, the right arm and the hardware. Everything will be drilled, and ready to install out right of the box. No idea on price yet. But it wont be cheap.

#263 4 years ago

Will you be at the Louisville Arcade Expo, Bill? Looks like you're so busy with these, you may not have any to sell there.

#264 4 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Will you be at the Louisville Arcade Expo, Bill? Looks like you're so busy with these, you may not have any to sell there.

Sadly, I wont be bringing any machines this year. But I may come up just to play for the day.

#265 4 years ago

All rotisseries that I have received payment for, have shipped out via UPS. Thanks again for all of the rotos purchased in February.

Now accepting orders for the next run in March. See post 1 for liks to my shop.

#266 4 years ago

All rotisseries that I have received payment for, have shipped out via UPS. Thanks again for all of the rotos purchased in February.
    Now accepting orders for the next run in March. See post 1 for liks to my shop.

Are the side attachments available yet?

#267 4 years ago

I am ready to test fit them to a WPC. Will try to do it maybe this weekend, or early next week. That machine is not at my home unfortunately.

#268 4 years ago

I am ready to test fit them to a WPC. Will try to do it maybe this weekend, or early next week. That machine is not at my home unfortunately.

Cool! Let us know!

#269 4 years ago

Will this support widebody playfields?

#270 4 years ago

Yes as long as its not wider than 30". No Hercules.

Currently all Pro and Premium models are sold out. I will start building the next batch mid-March, and they will ship late March.
    I do have one red powdercoated LE than can go out the next day though.

#271 4 years ago

I can't wait for this. Will greatly improve the setup. Gonna have to buy another rotisserie when you finish this.

#272 4 years ago

I bought the red one!

#273 4 years ago
    Quoted from tonyhoff1:

I bought the red one!

Damn you Tony, I was gonna buy it. Arghhhhh lol all good I can wait. I lied I can't where is the ledge...we got a jumper here!

#274 4 years ago

You said you were waiting. Lol. I’m in Parma I can share it lol

#275 4 years ago

I just did a whirlwind for super electric. And I have 4 more playfield swaps so I really needed this.

#276 4 years ago

Yep all of the LE models sold out again. I already have several orders placed for the March run, and the build will be around the the 3rd week there of.

Anyone who wants an LE model can place an order, and submit their requests for a custom color. Again refer to www.ralcolor.com and provide me the color code. As usual, it will take a bit more time to get these delivered due to the finishing process.

Regarding the sys11/wpc side mounting system. Expect some exciting news on it very soon. Stay tuned.

#277 4 years ago

Did I get the red one you said you had left?

#279 4 years ago
    Quoted from tonyhoff1:

You said you were waiting. Lol. I’m in Parma I can share it lol

I will bring the beers!! Or coffee, in case u don't drink.

#280 4 years ago

Yep all of the LE models sold out again. I already have several orders placed for the March run, and the build will be around the the 3rd week there of.
    Anyone who wants an LE model can place an order, and submit their requests for a custom color. Again refer to www.ralcolor.com and provide me the color code. As usual, it will take a bit more time to get these delivered due to the finishing process.
    Regarding the sys11/wpc side mounting system. Expect some exciting news on it very soon. Stay tuned.

I will wait for the exciting news and then place my order immediately.

#281 4 years ago

Just got back in town and finally got a chance to unpack the product. Thanks, Bill!

Built like a tank, for sure. And a very clever packaging/shipping configuration to boot! That took some thought. Large consumer manufacturing companies have an entire engineering staff devoted to packaging design.

Will initially be using on a GTB EM, so should be good to go using The standard C clamp of mounting method other users have recommended.

Have some WPC and Sys 11 titles waiting in the wings, so interested in what you come up with for improved mounting on those units. I’m assuming I can follow your progress on that option via this thread.

Than you, sir!
    alex

49F23F0A-B5F6-40E7-B6B8-DD8998CD662D (resized).jpeg49F23F0A-B5F6-40E7-B6B8-DD8998CD662D (resized).jpeg
    #282 4 years ago

PinDoc Bill is good friend and coworker of mine. Today he brought over his latest prototype for the WPC/Sys 11 mounting bracket upgrade and we put my fully loaded (minus apron) Getaway playfield on it, still wired up to the cabinet. This thing is NICE! Very solid. Not only is the material tough, the larger L bracket and lapped material around the welded areas are clearly stacking up to one strong design. He's still sorting out the minor details before moving ahead but today was a great test to see how it mounts up. Actually, I'm going to be using it for a while as I give my Getaway a little cleaning and maintenance in the tough to get to areas now that it is out and easier to work on. This should also serve as a test to see if any issues come up that can be addressed in the design. So far, it's working with no issues at all.

So here are some teaser pics (and a video). For WPC, it mounts to two points on each playfield bracket. On System 11, it mounts to one point on each side (see post #252). For wide body playfields, it can expand out to fit.
    -Leebo

IMG_6421 (resized).jpgIMG_6421 (resized).jpgIMG_6422a (resized).jpgIMG_6422a (resized).jpgIMG_6423a (resized).jpgIMG_6423a (resized).jpgIMG_6427a (resized).jpgIMG_6427a (resized).jpgIMG_6428a (resized).jpgIMG_6428a (resized).jpg

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from rlbohon3:

PinDoc Bill is good friend and coworker of fine. Today he brought over his latest prototype for the WPC/Sys 11 mounting bracket upgrade and we put my fully loaded (minus apron) Getaway playfield on it, still wired up to the cabinet. This thing is NICE! Very solid. Not only is the material tough, the larger L bracket and lapped material around the welded areas are clearly stacking up to one strong design. He's still sorting out the minor details before moving ahead but today was a great test to see how it mounts up. Actually, I'm going to be using it for a while as I give my Getaway a little cleaning and maintenance in the tough to get to areas now that it is out and easier to work on. This should also serve as a test to see if any issues come up that can be addressed in the design. So far, it's working with no issues at all.
    So here are some teaser pics (and a video). For WPC, it mounts to two points on each playfield bracket. On System 11, it mounts to one point on each side (see post #252). For wide body playfields, it can expand out to fit.
    -Leebo
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So glad to see this becoming a reality! This will save people lots of headaches! Looks very very nice!

#284 4 years ago

Update on the Pindoc "Sidekick". Yep that's what I am calling the SYS11/WPC side mount system. In about 2-3 weeks, I am going to make a fixture to build the first final design parts.

Still dont know the final price at this time. But there is a "precision-ness" with making the sidekick, that is not really required for the roto itself. So that will influence the price a little bit. But I am suspecting it will cost around the same, or not much less than the roto. Will just have to wait and see.

Again it will work with all SYS11 and WPC standard/widebody playfields using this bracket
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8726-L-1

and WPC standard/widebody playfields that use this bracket:
    https://www.pinballlife.com/playfield-slide-assembly-left.html

So for anyone who is seriously looking to purchase a Pindoc sidekick. Please send me a PM with "sidekick" in the subject line, so I can gauge the interest here. Again it will work with every Pindoc rotisserie out there that has been sold.

Here are some detailed pics of the prototype model. The new angle bracket is larger and thicker.
    20200304_135506 (resized).jpg20200304_135506 (resized).jpg20200304_135515 (resized).jpg20200304_135515 (resized).jpg

#285 4 years ago

So to be sure I understand your pricing, you’re saying $190 for the rotisserie plus $190 give or take a few dollars for the adapter. So $380 for the complete setup?

#286 4 years ago

Update on the Pindoc "Sidekick". Yep that's what I am calling the SYS11/WPC side mount system. In about 2-3 weeks, I am going to make a fixture to build the first final design parts.
    Still dont know the final price at this time. But there is a "precision-ness" with making the sidekick, that is not really required for the roto itself. So that will influence the price a little bit. But I am suspecting it will cost around the same, or not much less than the roto. Will just have to wait and see. Again it will work with all WPC standard/widebody playfields, and SYS11 standard playfields that use this bracket:
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8726-L-1
    So for anyone who is seriously looking to purchase a Pindoc sidekick. Please send me a PM with "sidekick" in the subject line, so I can gauge the interest here. Again it will work with every Pindoc rotisserie out there that has been sold.
    Here are some detailed pics of the prototype model. The new angle bracket is larger and thicker.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Will this fit the playfield sliders that most WPC machines have? The bracket you posted I believe is for machines like Diner and TAF which have playfields that only go up and down and don’t slide forward like IJ and BSD. Please check on that.

#287 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

So to be sure I understand your pricing, you’re saying $190 for the rotisserie plus $190 give or take a few dollars for the adapter. So $380 for the complete setup?

In that ballpark...yes.

#288 4 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Will this fit the playfield sliders that most WPC machines have? The bracket you posted I believe is for machines like Diner and TAF which have playfields that only go up and down and don’t slide forward like IJ and BSD. Please check on that.

I just revised that post above to provide more clarity. Yes it will work with the WPC sliding type mounts too. Here is a Getaway PF with the sliding type mounts, and working as intended. Notice the pics showing the assembled unit above. There are multiple holes to allow it to adjust from standard PF width, to widebody PF width.
    Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#289 4 years ago

Confirm the other end still uses clamps?

#290 4 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

Confirm the other end still uses clamps?

Yes. You will need to remove the apron and the two hangers. The c-clamps will then hold the front of the PF like a vice.

#291 4 years ago

I just revised that post above to provide more clarity. Yes it will work with the WPC sliding type mounts too. Here is a Getaway PF with the sliding type mounts, and working as intended. Notice the pics showing the assembled unit above. There are multiple holes to allow it to adjust from standard PF width, to widebody PF width.
    [quoted image]

Brilliant!

#292 4 years ago

I will be on vacation, and out of the country for about a week or so. That means I wont be able to answer any emails or concerns. Should be returning around the 16th. When I do return, I will start tooling up for the sidekicks. Looks like there is a good bit of interest for them, so I am taking the next step.

My prototype appears to be doing very well. It has been loaded up practically since the time I built it, and Getaway is a freaking heavy table too.

#293 4 years ago

I will be selling the two early prototype rotisseries that I still have. The original one with lock bolts will go for $90, and the one with the poly clamps will go for $120. Both work very well. Would prefer a local pickup from Central KY. But will also ship, but buyer pays shipping.

20200304_135709 (resized).jpg20200304_135709 (resized).jpg20200304_135612 (resized).jpg20200304_135612 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #294 4 years ago

Update:

I just bought a ton of steel today for the March run of rotos, and I managed to beat the coming price increase on steel due to C19. This means that all my rotos WILL have to have a price increase, likely starting next month. It also appears that the price increase will be around 20% to 25% or so until things get back to normal.

So anyone looking to get a roto at the current price points. Please get you order in ASAP, and I will very likely get them shipped by end of March or early April...excluding LE models. All rotos for which I have already received payment, will ship by end of the month.

I am also starting to tool up for the sidekicks, and I hope to have some built by the end of the month. I will also try to have a price for them as well.

Please contact me with any questions or concerns.

Thanks

#295 4 years ago

Two more days to place any orders for LE models in your choice of color. They should ship early to mid April.

So if you want a LE model powder-coated in any of the colors here:
    www.ralcolor.com
    Please place your order no later than Monday morning.

Please contact me with any questions or concerns.
    Thanks.

#296 4 years ago

SIDEKICK...SIDEKICK....SIDEKICK.....cmon everyone join in lmao

#297 4 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

SIDEKICK...SIDEKICK....SIDEKICK.....cmon everyone join in lmao

The materials are bought and cut for eight sidekicks. They will start going together early next week, after I build about ten more rotos. Im still trying to streamline the build process a bit, but I am very close.

Everyone who is interested in a sidekick. Please send me a PM with the subject "sidekick". I can go ahead and start compiling the list of potential buyers. Again, I can provide eight of them in the first run. More are likely to follow, but I am looking for feedback from the first ones sold before starting a second run.

#298 4 years ago

The materials are bought and cut for eight sidekicks. They will start going together early next week, after I build about ten more rotos. Im still trying to streamline the build process a bit, but I am very close.
    Everyone who is interested in a sidekick. Please send me a PM with the subject "sidekick". I can go ahead and start compiling the list of potential buyers. Again, I can provide eight of them in the first run. More are likely to follow, but I am looking for feedback from the first ones sold before starting a second run.

I am already in, PM'd already. Looking forward to this.

#299 4 years ago

Will the side kick be powder coated also?

#300 4 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I am already in, PM'd already. Looking forward to this.

We are both waiting patiently.

There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped/page/6?hl=tonyhoff1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.