(Topic ID: 253922)

PinDoc Playfield ROTISSERIES starting at $260.00

By wrd1972_PinDoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    IMG_3672 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
    20231220_082654 (resized).jpg
    There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.
    #201 4 years ago

I have the perfect clamps. The clamps that you use to hold a camper top onto a pickup bed works perfect

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I have the perfect clamps. The clamps that you use to hold a camper top onto a pickup bed works perfect

Can you post some pics?

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Can you post some pics?

Yes. Tomorrow

#205 4 years ago

Action shot. I had to take off the back board and some plastics to get a good mounting point on this space station playfield. It's super handy so far. Thanks a ton!

20200108_213921.jpg20200108_213921.jpg
    #206 4 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Action shot. I had to take off the back board and some plastics to get a good mounting point on this space station playfield. It's super handy so far. Thanks a ton![quoted image]

Thanks for posting the pic. Nice choice of PF too. My SS is currently being restored.

#208 4 years ago

Regarding my next run of rotisseries.

Pro models and Premium models are all out of stock. I do have one LE model powdercoated in black ready to ship.

I will be buying metal on Monday the 13th, and will be cutting next week. I will begin construction of the units on the 18th of this month. I am looking to start shipping no later than the 27th, but will possibly be sooner. Please click "Pindoc Restorations" just under my username, to place orders. Looking to build 15-20 or so.

#209 4 years ago

That's great news!
    I placed my order on Monday.
    Looking forward to starting my playfield swap on #Strikes and Spares

#210 4 years ago

How is the add on for the tall backs on playfields coming along?

#211 4 years ago

Regarding my next run of rotisseries.
    Pro models and Premium models are all out of stock. I do have one LE model powdercoated in black ready to ship.
    I will be buying metal on Monday the 13th, and will be cutting next week. I will begin construction of the units on the 18th of this month. I am looking to start shipping no later than the 27th, but will possibly be sooner. Please click "Pindoc Restorations" just under my username, to place orders. Looking to build 15-20 or so.

Thank you for your response.

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Back on 12\22\19 you wrote me:
    Order #190123600002 has been accepted by shop: Hello, I have two rotisseries left. But to convert them to premiums, I need to buy some new metal for the extenders. Right now the holidays really have me tied up, and the unit likely wont ship till the week of January 6th at the latest. If its possible to get out sooner, I will certainly try. Many thanks for the purchase. Bill
    Since you haven't responded to 3 messages I've sent to you at your pinside store, I wondered if my order will be part of the "no later than the 27th" run?

Thanks.

It appears that i did not get any notifications when you posted your questions from within the shops message system. So since nothing appeared on my notification bar at the top right. I was totally unaware you were trying to reach me. Apoligies for that.

I absolutely do now remember what I said. Best poor excuse I can muster is that I simply got side tracked from being gone for the long holidays, and I simply lost track regarding the arrangement.

Going forth i will add an additional note in the comment field, that if the buyer has any question regarding the purchase, that they contact me through a PM so i can be properly notified.

The way the shop works is very helpful in tracking orders. I can clearly see which are open, in process or sent. But I am at a loss as to why I never received any notifications that you were trying to reach out to me.

Your roto will ship no later than next Wednesday.

Again apologies for the delay.
    Bill

#213 4 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

How is the add on for the tall backs on playfields coming along?

That has stalled at the moment. But where it stands now I am getting a bit mote flex out of the 3/8" threaded rods than I like. What this means is that the top angle iron has a slight twist and will no grip the top wall exactly as it should. It does IMO grip the wall securely enough that I would personally use them. But you have to keep an eye on it.

So at the moment, its not ready for prime-time. I am also reluctant to go even larger on the threaded rod. I will continue to try to find a better solution when time permits. But as has already been mentioned and shown before, the back wall can easily be removed form many tables. And several guys posted some really innovative ways of securing the PF to the rotisserie.

#214 4 years ago

It appears that i did not get any notifications when you posted your questions from within the shops message system. So since nothing appeared on my notification bar at the top right. I was totally unaware you were trying to reach me. Apoligies for that.
    I absolutely do now remember what I said. Best poor excuse I can muster is that I simply got side tracked from being gone for the long holidays, and I simply lost track regarding the arrangement.
    Going forth i will add an additional note in the comment field, that if the buyer has any question regarding the purchase, that they contact me through a PM so i can be properly notified.
    The way the shop works is very helpful in tracking orders. I can clearly see which are open, in process or sent. But I am at a loss as to why I never received any notifications that you were trying to reach out to me.
    Your roto will ship no later than next Wednesday.
    Again apologies for the delay.
    Bill

Thank you Bill. Look forward to receiving my purchase.
    Hoping you are having a great start to 2020.
    Murphy

#215 4 years ago

Thank you Bill. Look forward to receiving my purchase.
    Hoping you are having a great start to 2020.
    Murphy

Thanks for your understanding. It certainly is starting out busy with the rotos. And the pin repair and restoration bussiness is booming too.

#217 4 years ago

Thanks for doing this for the community! I would like to comment on my experience when I built my own rotisserie (similar concept). It was all good and well until It was time to install the rear wood panel. With the rear panel and the side rails installed it becomes really difficult to secure the playfield with the C-clamps. It gets worse when you start populating the playfield back there with all the ball guides and stuff and all the wiring, lamp sockets and stuff back there. The Angle iron would not allow me to mount stuff back there too.

All games are different of course. The game I restored was Indiana Jones. The only way for me to secure the populated playfield was to clamp it down from the side rails and the C-clamp would barely catch the rear rotisserie mount. I had to protect the brand new side rails with rags and stuff. Would it be possible to do some sort of clamp that secures the playfield from the sides? That would be very helpful when the playfield is populated and the rear panel is installed. Thanks!

#218 4 years ago

Can you post some pics?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #219 4 years ago

I am prepared to take another batch of rotos to the powdercoater in a couple weeks. This means that if someone is interested in an LE roto, they can pick nearly any color of powdercoat they want for the finish. However, there will be a small delay in delivery since the PC process can take up to two weeks.

So if you are interested in a LE model in your choice of color, please PM me for more info.

Thanks

#220 4 years ago

I have a lot of floor space, but not a lot of bench space. Anyone made a roll-around version of these?

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from Clnilsen:

I have a lot of floor space, but not a lot of bench space. Anyone made a roll-around version of these?

You can clamp my premium roto on the top of a pair of sawhorses very securely. You just have to have extenders in one form or another attached.

#222 4 years ago

The 95% off sale for all rotisseries has now ended.

Yes that's right! They were listed at 95% off due to some kind of bug this morning that was affecting all shop items listed on Pinside. So to the folks who brought this to my attention...thanks. The bug appears to now be fixed, and orders can be placed again.

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

Would it be possible to do some sort of clamp that secures the playfield from the sides? That would be very helpful when the playfield is populated and the rear panel is installed. Thanks!

#224 4 years ago

Received mine today! Very happy. I'll put it together this weekend and post a pic.

#225 4 years ago

Hey guys,
    I'm at a loss here. Opened the box mid-week happy to see a well packed product. Trying to assembly it today (Saturday) and would like to know
    how to attach the resistantance adjustment piece to the top of the A-Frame. No bolt, no bolt hole. Please see pictures. The first is what Bill shows
    in his original post. Looks good to me.

The second picture is my parts that I do not see a Mating Pattern. Thoughts?
    Thanks. Murphy
    roto (resized).jpgroto (resized).jpgIMG_4334 (resized).JPGIMG_4334 (resized).JPG

#226 4 years ago

Hey guys,
    I'm at a loss here. Opened the box mid-week happy to see a well packed product. Trying to assembly it today (Saturday) and would like to know
    how to attach the resistantance adjustment piece to the top of the A-Frame. No bolt, no bolt hole. Please see pictures. The first is what Bill shows
    in his original post. Looks good to me.
    The second picture is my parts that I do not see a Mating Pattern. Thoughts?
    Thanks. Murphy
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Is it only on one side or two? Looks like i did not drill the holes in the plate on the bottom of the plates. I will mail you new plates in less than an hour. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

#227 4 years ago

Is it only on one side or two? Looks like i did not drill the holes in the plate on the bottom of the plates. I will mail you new plates in less than an hour. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Thanks Bill. It's on both sides (I'll need the bolts as well - I'm sure you use a specific depth) I'll trade you the steel plates no problem! : )
    PM me your address and I'll send these back. Thanks for making it right. If I need to drill out the Urethane block that is no problem for me.
    Murphy

#228 4 years ago

There is no need to drill the plastic blocks at all. I have the plates drilled and bolts installed and im now leaving for the post office. What happened is I tapped into a brand new bulk pack of the clamps, and forgot to drill the plates out first. I remember initially that I drilled all of clamp plates at one time, and even assemble the bolts and dropped them all in the bucket. When that bucket ran out, I had not yet had time to drill the new ones. But I WILL drill all of the new ones today, so it does not happen again.

Once these arrive, it will bolt together correctly. My apologies yet once again for the inconvenience.

#229 4 years ago

There is no need to drill the plastic blocks at all. I have the plates drilled and bolts installed and im now leaving for the post office. What happened is I tapped into a brand new bulk pack of the clamps, and forgot to drill the plates out first. I remember initially that I drilled all of clamp plates at one time, and even assemble the bolts and dropped them all in the bucket. When that bucket ran out, I had not yet had time to drill the new ones. But I WILL drill all of the new ones today, so it does not happen again.
    Once these arrive, it will bolt together correctly. My apologies yet once again for the inconvenience.

Now thats customer service!

#230 4 years ago

Thanks. I try to do my best. Even better I am taking steps to help ensure it does not happen again.

Murphey,
    Parts are at the post office. Should be there on Tuesday.

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Now thats customer service!

I agree! Bill is a very responsive Market Owner. : )

#232 4 years ago

I just placed my order.

#233 4 years ago
    Quoted from Clnilsen:

I made a table top for my rolling shop cart. When done, roto goes on bottom of cart and table top get put away.

#234 4 years ago

Build status:
    Well I just sawed nearly 400 feet of metal, and this is looking to be a very big run for sure. Whewww! Drilling holes and construction begins tomorrow.

I am still on schedule to ship a roto to every one that has placed an order, and provided payment through the store, the week of January 27th. That means most folks will have it in hand by the end of the month. However, I need to close the door by Monday the 20th, to be able to meet that schedule.

So if you are looking to purchase either a Pro or Premium model, and you want it this month, please place your order no later than Monday. Orders placed after Monday may or may not see it shipped on that schedule. LEs will have a longer lead time due to having the powdercoated.

So as I mentioned before. It looks like I will do one, or occasionally two runs a month going forth. And the next run likely wont ship till mid or late February.

Finally...another big thanks for everyone that has made a purchase. It is very much appreciated, and I really hope you find it useful.

Bill

#235 4 years ago

I have been receiving orders for LE models in custom colored powder-coating. But I need to set a deadline to order one, if a custom color is desired.

So if anyone is wanting a LE model in a custom color, please place your order no later than January 29th. Any LE models wanted after that date, will only be offered in gloss black.

Here are the available powder-coating colors:
    www.ralcolor.com
    Just provide me the 4 digit RAL code.

Thanks

#236 4 years ago

Anybody have any pics of a WPC playfield on a rotisserie, BUT in the WB factory back in the day? I want to see how they attaching the PF in the factory. I am wondering if they were using the metal slide brackets on the bottom of the PF.

I am currently working on a new way to attach a WPC PF to the rotisserie, by using the slide brackets on the bottom of the PF.

Edit: Disregard the above. I found what I needed.

#237 4 years ago

Can you do RAL9005?

#238 4 years ago

Its my understanding the powdercoater can do any of those colors. But i will confirm early next week.

#239 4 years ago

Anybody have any pics of a WPC playfield on a rotisserie, BUT in the WB factory back in the day? I want to see how they attaching the PF in the factory. I am wondering if they were using the metal slide brackets on the bottom of the PF.
    I am currently working on a new way to attach a WPC PF to the rotisserie, by using the slide brackets on the bottom of the PF.
    Edit: Disregard the above. I found what I needed.

Did you come up with a WPC PF solution? Will it retrofit with rotisseries already sold?

#240 4 years ago

Still a lot of work to do. Yes it is expected to work with the current rotos.

#241 4 years ago

Pic of Bill's Rotisserie in action. It is perfect. The Restoration of a '69 CC Pirate Gold has begun.
    Thanks Bill! Got a small shipment heading your way next week. ; )
    Murph

IMG_4342 (resized).JPGIMG_4342 (resized).JPG
    #242 4 years ago

Update:
    All Pro and Premium models for which I have received payment, are currently boxed and will ship out Monday morning. Thanks again for the purchases. This was a very large run.

I made some extras that can be configured for either a Pro or Premium models. So anyone wanting to purchase one of those should make payment no later than Monday the 27th, and it will ship that week.

I AM CURRENTLY HAVING SOME PAYPAL ISSUES that have made receiving payments this weekend a bit of a pain. If anybody has any issues placing there order, please contact me via PM. Hopefully its now working as it should.

#243 4 years ago

Update:
    All Pro and Premium model rotos for which I have received payment, have shipped out this morning via UPS.

LAST CALL for anyone wanting a roto from this latest run, which WILL ship this week. My next run will likely not begin till mid March, and wont ship till late March.

#244 4 years ago

LAST CALL FOR LE MODELS POWDERCOATED IN YOUR CHOICE OF COLOR.

Colors available at the following link:
    www.ralcolor.com
    Please provide me the RAL 4-digit code.

I will be dropping off a load of rotisseries to the powdercoater in the next few days. Those interested can make the purchase in my Pinside shop.

Thanks

20200102_161334 (resized).jpg20200102_161334 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #245 4 years ago

I am currently doing some design work on some L-shaped brackets that will attach to the rotating angles, and will hopefully allow you to attach to the PF side brackets of System 11, WPC, DE and Stern playfields. This means that the rear wall, and any components near the rear wall can be left installed on the PF. In short, your PF will attach the same way on my roto, as it would for the mega-expensive factory rotisseries. Again if all goes well.

My goal is to have a single design that will work with as many different make machines as possible. So far, WPC and Sys11 are looking really good. But I have some questions regarding the brackets on the Stern playfields.

Please take a look at this:
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5329-03

Can someone tell me if this is the COMMON playfield bracket used on most Stern playfields? I also need to know the following:
    - Diameter of the post
    - Length of the post (looks to be around 1/2" or so)
    - Distance from the dead center of the post, to the VERY rear edge of the PF (looks to be around 10" to 12" or so)

Also what similar bracket is being used on Jersey Jack, The same bracket as the stern maybe? That would sure be nice.

Thanks.

#246 4 years ago

I am currently doing some design work on some L-shaped brackets that will attach to the rotating angles, and will hopefully allow you to attach to the PF side brackets of System 11, WPC, DE and Stern playfields. This means that the rear wall, and any components near the rear wall can be left installed on the PF. In short, your PF will attach the same way on my roto, as it would for the mega-expensive factory rotisseries. Again if all goes well.
    My goal is to have a single design that will work with as many different make machines as possible. So far, WPC and Sys11 are looking really good. But I have some questions regarding the brackets on the Stern playfields.
    Can someone tell me if this is the COMMON playfield bracket used on most Stern playfields? I also need to know the following:
    - Diameter of the post
    - Distance from the dead center of the post, to the VERY rear edge of the PF (looks to be around 10" to 12" or so)
    Also what similar bracket is being used on Jersey Jack, The same bracket as the stern maybe? That would sure be nice.
    Thanks.

I have a pipe roto, but i would vety much want this.

Some of the factory setups attach to the brackets and just clip on in the front.

The playfields rapidly snap on to the roto once the playfield brackts are applied.

#247 4 years ago

I would want one too!

#248 4 years ago

NOW TAKING ORDERS for the February run of rotos. Please see post 1 for the links to my Pinside shop.
    I will be building shortly, and they will begin shipping the last week of February.

For those waiting on LE models from the January run. I am expecting to have them back from the powder coating this week. Looking to start shipping them out next week.

#249 4 years ago

Put me down for the Bracket too. ; )
    Murph

#250 4 years ago

- Diameter of the post
    Thanks.

I would definitely take one if you added support to use the side bracket to mount it into the rotisserie.

There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped/page/5?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.