Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 781 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by wrd1972
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    IMG_3672 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
    20231220_082654 (resized).jpg

There are 781 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 16.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from jjoravec:

Dang, Your first post stated you were looking to making something less than then $250 ones that everyone else was selling now the price has almost reached the same point and potentially more. What happened to the "far less" option. Not to be a downer, as I was following this for a cheaper alternative.

With all due respect. I don't think your seeing the big picture here. But please allow me the opportunity to paint a clear picture, and shamelessly promote my product at the same time.

Any $250.00 rotisserie from any on-line retailer including the shipping, is going to run you at least $270.00 -$275.00 or so.

As I have stated before, the extensions are not essential, but I do recommended them in one form or another. I have stated that you can purchase 1/2" electrical conduit from Lowe's, which can very nicely serve the purpose for my rotisserie if you want to do it on the cheap. The actual cost for these extensions would be $4.56 + tax, and they will work very nicely.
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Common-1-2-in-Actual-0-5-In-Metallic-Emt-5-ft-Conduit/3127645

The electrical conduit will get the job done. However I would just recommend a bit of extra caution if you need to move the rotisserie with the playfield attached because the conduit is not as rigid as the square tubing. So with that said, the square tubing will provide more overall security, because it is more rigid, and that means more "security" for you valuable playfield under all conditions.

I also would like you to consider the value of you would be getting in terms of a possibly better designed product. Do you want lock bolts that don't offer any adjustable resistance of the rotation of your playfield? Do you want scored and gouged out axles on the rotating brackets from normal use? Or would you prefer an adjustable solution where you can dial in the resistance of the rotation, and not have any scored or gouged axles? I could be wrong, but I think you would likely prefer the later if given the choice. I would encourage you to analyze the pics of my design, and their design, and decide for yourself.

So with all that said. I will stand behind my claim, that you are getting a better product, with better functionality, for far less cost.

BTW, nine of of ten rotisseries for this first run are now purchased. There is one remaining and available. I would love to have your money, and I would love to provide this wonderful tool to help you with your playfield servicing, and restoration needs. If your not convinced, that's totally okay. But at the end of the day, $190 is indeed much less than $270ish.

If anyone else is interested in number ten. Please send me a PM ASAP. I have started cutting materials, and my final design is nearly complete. I will build the last prototype this weekend, and will post pics of it in this thread.

Stay tuned.

#102 4 years ago

Hey guys. Well I have my fixtures built, and I have started cutting materials. Everything is still going smooth. Still working on process to ensure efficient production.

I have also settled on a final design. I am know bolting on the poly clamp assembly on the a-frame, rather than welding it on. This ensures that the rotisserie, does not become a boat anchor if threads are stripped over time. Now the poly clamp assembly can be replaced, and there is no chance of a boat anchor.

Also there is now a "hand-hold" under the axle, to better and more safely move the rotisserie with a attached playfield. The feature has allowed me to bolt on the poly-clamp as already mentioned.

Here are some pics:

20191109_194705 (resized).jpg20191109_194705 (resized).jpg20191109_184008 (resized).jpg20191109_184008 (resized).jpg
    #103 4 years ago

I hate to say it but those are some terrible looking welds. what kind of welder are you using?

#104 4 years ago

That will teach me to post high res pics.

As I already mentioned before. I would not consider myself a "welder". But I can weld stuff together and it seems to stay together pretty nicely. To answer your question. Its a Hobart 140 MIG welder. That is plenty for this job from best I can tell. I would certainly welcome any tips for improvement.

I'm honestly not concerned about the welds on the fixture at this time. Its whats on the rotisserie that counts. So I am now working on my welds to try to make them acceptable. I have already explained to everyone that has made a purchase, that the welds will be robust and wont fail. But making them pretty is going to take some time, but I have to start somewhere...right?

Here are some I just made. I am going to confident say they are robust and will not fail, if used for their intended purpose. They will get prettier in time.
    20191110_165603 (resized).jpg20191110_165603 (resized).jpg20191110_165621 (resized).jpg20191110_165621 (resized).jpg20191110_165630 (resized).jpg20191110_165630 (resized).jpg

#105 4 years ago

Seem fine to me!

#106 4 years ago

How secure do you need your welds to be to work on a playfield?

Seriously. It's not like you are gonna climb up on top of the payfield to work on your swap.

#107 4 years ago

I don't care what the welds look like as long as they hold, the rotisserie does its job, and it costs substantially less than the other options out there (and many of those options look inferior!).

#108 4 years ago

Admirable job listening to input from the community, leveraging your design with suggestions that make sense, and staying within your business model. I can tell straight on your unit is of much more higher quality and easier/safer than my unit, and about the same price I paid for mine back in 2005!

#109 4 years ago

I may be in the market for one. I'll keep an eye on the thread!

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

How secure do you need your welds to be to work on a playfield?
    Seriously. It's not like you are gonna climb up on top of the payfield to work on your swap.

I'd pay to see this lol

#111 4 years ago

I'm in for at least one in December.

#112 4 years ago

Thanks for the kind words dono. Its appreciated.

I now have all of my metal cut for this first run, and will actually start building the first ones tomorrow. Everything is still going very nicely.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972:

Thanks for the kind words dono. Its appreciated.
    I now have all of my metal cut for this first run, and will actually start building the first ones tomorrow. Everything is still going very nicely.

Heck yeah, can't wait to use this on my T2 restoration.

#114 4 years ago

Ready to put to bed any concern regarding the welds.

The design and construction is clearly robust and multi-purpose. A few beads might get a bit wild from time to time. But they will certainly get the job done. Looks like I have a leaky muffler.
    20191116_122502 (resized).jpg20191116_122502 (resized).jpg

#115 4 years ago

Sounds like run #1 is sold out. But I'm in for two with extensions and powercoating from run #2 PM sent!

#116 4 years ago

Okay guys here is the final design.

As mentioned before, the 1/2" electrical conduit (not included) certainly works well for the Pro model for $190. In fact I would not hesitate for a second to use it for my own PF restoration work. And once again, this conduit can be had for less than $5.00 at any big box store.

The square tubing extensions for the Premium model ($230.00) will work even better as you can see. The more robust materials do provide the best insurance for your PF, and the most versatility. Definitely a nice upgrade.
    20191116_184430 (resized).jpg20191116_184430 (resized).jpg20191116_184549 (resized).jpg20191116_184549 (resized).jpg20191116_184707 (resized).jpg20191116_184707 (resized).jpg20191116_184750 (resized).jpg20191116_184750 (resized).jpg

#117 4 years ago

I want the premium model put me down

#118 4 years ago

In for Pro. Ready to PayPal you. Great job!

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972:

Looks like I have a leaky muffler.
    [quoted image]

Well played!!

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972:

Ready to put to bed any concern regarding the welds.
    The design and construction is clearly robust and multi-purpose. A few beads might get a bit wild from time to time. But they will certainly get the job done. Looks like I have a leaky muffler.
    [quoted image]

"I sawed this Playfield in HALF!"

- Flex Seal Guy

#121 4 years ago

I think I am going to start using the term "robust" more often...

#122 4 years ago

ROTISSERIES IN STOCK!

All Rotisseries built have been shipped to those who have made a purchase. Thanks again.

I currently have five additional Pro models, and one premium model built, boxed and ready to ship. Anyone interested can PM for purchasing info. Any purchases made today, can ship tomorrow morning. After that, I likely wont be able to ship until next Monday. Next run wont be started till mid to late December.

20191116_193605 (resized).jpg20191116_193605 (resized).jpg20191116_194429 (resized).jpg20191116_194429 (resized).jpg
    #123 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972:

ROTISSERIES IN STOCK!
    All Rotisseries built have been shipped to those who have made a purchase. Thanks again.
    I currently have five additional Pro models, and one premium model built, boxed and ready to ship. Anyone interested can PM for purchasing info. Any purchases made today, can ship tomorrow morning. After that, I likely wont be able to ship until next Monday. Next run wont be started till mid to late December.[quoted image][quoted image]

That beauty is mine...all mine!!!!

#124 4 years ago

Glad you sprayed them black, they look much more professional. Great work.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Glad you sprayed them black, they look much more professional. Great work.

Negative on the black finish. But they still look really good in natural. I just simply can not spray-paint them for this price point. But I am looking into possible powder coating next week.

What you see there is bare metal finish. Again all rotisseries unless noted otherwise, will arrive in bare metal finish. They will need a cleaning prior to any painting.

#127 4 years ago

I'll take one
    Need your paypal sir
    Thanks

#128 4 years ago

OK, so I have to ask, did you build those to fit the box?

Nice work btw, if I hadn't already made one I would have bought one of these.

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

OK, so I have to ask, did you build those to fit the box?
    Nice work btw, if I hadn't already made one I would have bought one of these.

Keen eye you have there.

#130 4 years ago

PM sent, thanks!

#131 4 years ago

Hey guys.
    Just one Pro model left!

Please send me a PM if you are interested in purchasing it. Next batch will start early-mid December.

20191120_160555 (resized).jpg20191120_160555 (resized).jpg
    #132 4 years ago

Congrats on getting this off the ground so fast!

#133 4 years ago

Mine arrived last nite, will unbox today and set up.

#134 4 years ago

Thanks Canadian.

eyeamred2u,
    Glad it arrived. I really hope you enjoy it. And thanks again for the purchase.

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972:

Thanks Canadian.
    eyeamred2u,
    Glad it arrived. I really hope you enjoy it. And thanks again for the purchase.

Have it all set up, very nicely done. Dropping playfield in it this week.

1 week later
    #136 4 years ago

Starting the second run. Metal is cut and construction is underway.
    Orders will ship starting December 15th...maybe sooner.

PM me if your wanting to purchase one, and I will send payment instructions.

Pro-model (no extenders) $190
    Premium model with extenders $230

20191201_145412 (resized).jpg20191201_145412 (resized).jpg20191201_180551 (resized).jpg20191201_180551 (resized).jpg
    #137 4 years ago

Well worth the money. I just put my T2 playfield in it over the weekend and this unit is rock solid. All the adjustments are super smooth. I used 3/4 inch square tube for extensions and the unit is square and I can slide the ends with very little effort and then lock them in place.

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Well worth the money. I just put my T2 playfield in it over the weekend and this unit is rock solid. All the adjustments are super smooth. I used 3/4 inch square tube for extensions and the unit is square and I can slide the ends with very little effort and then lock them in place.

Awesome and glad your happy with it! Post a pic if possible.

#139 4 years ago

Here are some new "nicer" pics of the final design.
    20191202_122725 - Copy (resized).jpg20191202_122725 - Copy (resized).jpgPrem1 (resized).jpgPrem1 (resized).jpgPivot2 (resized).jpgPivot2 (resized).jpg

#140 4 years ago

looks great! looks rugged! costs less than the one people usually buy online! ya got yourself a winner!

#141 4 years ago

I almost ordered one of these. The only thing stopping me is the c-clamps mounting system. Wish it was something better. Does the angle iron have holes to bolt the playfield in place? Hopefully?

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from DexterH:

I almost ordered one of these. The only thing stopping me is the c-clamps mounting system. Wish it was something better. Does the angle iron have holes to bolt the playfield in place? Hopefully?

No the angle brackets do not have holes. But they can very easily be drilled according to need. I can drill some holes if you like. Just tell me where you would like them - how many inches off center. Or if you just want an assortment of two on each end, I can do that too. The metal is cold steel and is very easy to drill. You should have no issues even if you decide to do it yourself.

Curious why your opposed to the c-clamps. They will absolutely clamp the PF into the rotisserie with zero issues, and you wont need to drill holes in your PF.

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972:

No the angle brackets do not have holes. But they can very easily be drilled according to need. I can drill some holes if you like. Just tell me where you would like them - how many inches off center. Or if you just want an assortment of two on each end, I can do that too. The metal is cold steel and is very easy to drill. You should have no issues even if you decide to do it yourself.
    Curious why your opposed to the c-clamps. They will absolutely clamp the PF into the rotisserie with zero issues, and you wont need to drill holes in your PF.

Probably how it was/is done in the pinball factory, with clamps? Anybody have suggestions on clamping without cracking clear? Is it a concern at all? Thanks!

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Probably how it was/is done in the pinball factory, with clamps? Anybody have suggestions on clamping without cracking clear? Is it a concern at all? Thanks!

You treat it like clamping any other wood. Use something to give you a wide contact area to prevent dimping the surface. Use small blocks of wood under your clamp.. or stick to larger headed covered clamps.

#145 4 years ago

Agreed. Just use a 1/2" x 1/2" x 4" or so thick wooden block. I just cant see that causing any damage to the clear.

Now that I think about it some more. I did screw the back of a Williams Fire playfield to a drilled bracket, because of that tall wall that is so common on the more modern pins. It was just not practical to disassemble the wall, in order to get the clamps on the PF itself. Or you could use a taller C-calmp as well.

As you might imagine, there are numerous ways to attach the PF to the rotisserie.

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972:

Agreed. Just use a 1/2" x 1/2" x 4" or so thick wooden block. I just cant see that causing any damage to the clear.
    Now that I think about it some more. I did screw the back of a Williams Fire playfield to a drilled bracket, because of that tall wall that is so common on the more modern pins. It was just not practical to disassemble the wall, in order to get the clamps on the PF itself. Or you could use a taller C-calmp as well.
    As you might imagine, there are numerous ways to attach the PF to the rotisserie.

The Terminator 2 I am working on had a back wall, and instead of making up a separate bracket to clamp, I just removed the wall. Much easier. I think a buyer has to look at the overall quality of this unit. Sure, more things can be added, but that has to be on a need only basis. I know I will make up more "jigs" and fixtures as I need them. Here is my setup, with 72" extensions

20191202_162652 (resized).jpg20191202_162652 (resized).jpg20191202_162659 (resized).jpg20191202_162659 (resized).jpg20191202_162715 (resized).jpg20191202_162715 (resized).jpg
    #147 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Pictures of CGC production rotisseries:

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/11/20/inside-chicago-gaming/

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

The Terminator 2 I am working on had a back wall, and instead of making up a separate bracket to clamp, I just removed the wall. Much easier. I think a buyer has to look at the overall quality of this unit. Sure, more things can be added, but that has to be on a need only basis. I know I will make up more "jigs" and fixtures as I need them. Here is my setup, with 72" extensions[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good. I also like those "deep" C-clamps you are using.

I have my BK PF sitting on mine at the moment waiting for the hardtop. Gonna tray to spend a few hours on it this weekend.

#149 4 years ago

Now offering the LE model in black powder-coat.
    $305.00 shipped to 48 states.

LE (resized).jpgLE (resized).jpg
    #150 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972:

Now offering the LE model in black powder-coat.
    $305.00 shipped to 48 states.[quoted image]

Does it come with a topper? j/k

There are 781 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.