Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 662 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by T-Tommy
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

El Dorado closeup 1 (resized).jpeg
    El Dorado Pindoc 2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    spider-man-pointing-meme (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5585 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5556 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5580 (resized).jpeg
    powder coat metallic 2 (resized).jpg

There are 662 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
    #651 53 days ago

Bill, your dedication is inspiring. Reading over this thread and seeing the design go through changes and improvements over time is pretty awesome. Making these on top of a full time job must be exhausting. Definitely a labor of love. Ordering supplies, cutting metal, welding, drilling holes, tapping threads, packing, lifting, driving, shipping...wow. The pinball world is very grateful.

#652 53 days ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

It's fun seeing other people's setups. I have the same rotisserie and, like you, I'm wishing I had a powder coated one. And in my little work area, I have the same model shop vac, the same model de-soldering station, the same model ultrasonic cleaner, a similar Husky table, and green storage bin with a red cover that I stole from my wife's Christmas decorations storage closet, lol.
    I'm thinking for my next playfield swap, I'm going to spring for a powder coated rotisserie and have both side by side.

Haha...yeah the stolen Christmas bin. I'll take whatever is available to store parts!

spider-man-pointing-meme (resized).jpeg
    #653 53 days ago

Thanks for the very kind words Tommy. My goal is to work on Rotos about one weekend a month, and one additional day to pack up the LE models.

Overall, I have been very happy with the current design and don't really have any further changes in mind. The biggest problem I have to deal with is the ever increasing costs of metal, but everything else runs rather smooth.

The color of Cary Hardys setup is Signal Blue. This is likely my most popular color. My personal setup is Signal Blue as well plus I am still using an older design. I currently have a Whirlwind on it for a PF swap.

#654 53 days ago

I have seen many comments about folks wishing they went with a powdercoated model. In all honestly, I did not expect those to sell well, but they now make up about 40% of my sales.

When you take into account the prep-work and the DIY finish work, it takes a good but of time to paint and the finish likely won't be nearly as durable as the powdercoat. I'm lucky to have a local shop that does excellent powdercoating. They start by sandblasting the pieces which cleans to and texture the metal surface, then apply the powdercoat.

But, I have also seen some DIY finishes posted in here that really look fantastic, but they all claimed it was an awful lot of work

#655 53 days ago

Do you sell the rotational clamps separately?
    I might be interested in a pair.

Referring to these:

2 weeks later
    #657 35 days ago

All LE Rotos and accessories from the July build have now shipped out. Thanks for the purchases folks.

I currently have a LE Roto in "Cary Hardy" Signal Blue in the box and ready to ship. No waiting! Also, the August build begins next staturday the 25th.

Click here to place an order:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations

1 week later
    #658 25 days ago

All Pro/Premium items from the August build will ship out tomorrow. I still have some Rotos in stock that con covert to either Pro, Premium or LE. All LE items from the August build will go to the powdercoater on Thursday.

Click here to place an order:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations

#659 25 days ago

Just got mine in and set up…outstanding quality!

#660 25 days ago
    Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Just got mine in and set up…outstanding quality!

Very glad you like it Aarron. The Disco Purple has become a very popular color for sure. Many thanks for the purchase.

#661 20 days ago

Just placed an order after putting it off for ages, can’t wait!

2 weeks later
    #662 2 days ago

Thanks Bill. The swap went great using the Pindoc.

El Dorado Pindoc 2 (resized).jpgEl Dorado closeup 1 (resized).jpeg
    There are 662 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!