Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 640 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by wrd1972
  • Topic is favorited by 90 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    30ED8AAB-E5E4-45C6-99E5-791F9D58FD4D (resized).jpeg
    14744973-BCC6-4EB4-9CFD-D7C60F1AB56F (resized).jpeg
    Untitled (resized).png
    4 (resized).png
    86D5A0A0-5642-4B38-847C-25BF0FCAAD6A (resized).jpeg
    32D9F330-05C4-4A83-844A-B45BE1552217 (resized).jpeg
    image0 (resized).jpeg

There are 640 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
    #551 1 year ago

Just got some more LE items back from the powdercoater.

Props to "Kawydud" for ordering the loudest, brightest PinDoc LE roto to date. The finish on this roto can only be called "OMG Bright Red" because nothing else quite says it.

The picture does not do it justice regarding how bright this finish really is. One things for sure. Its not gonna get lost on a shelf somewhere, and it may actually glow in the dark. LOL

This is also the first time someone has requested the "white Aluminum". This finish is shiny too with more of a chrome appearance.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #552 1 year ago

All LE items for which I have received payments have now been shipped out. Thanks for those orders guys.

The May build begins this Friday the 28th. Those interested in a PinDoc roto need to get their orders in ASAP. All Pro and Premium items will ship the first week of June, and all custom LE items will likely ship mid to late June.

However I do have a few Blue and Red LE Rotos and Sidekicks in stock that can also shop out 1st week of June.

#553 1 year ago

Super excited to announce that Stern Pinball playfields can now be used with the Pindoc Roto and Sidekicks. If your Stern playfield uses the bracket shown below, you will be good to go after making a slight modification to the brackets.

It will first be nescesarry to first drill a 1/2" hole in the bracket, and then turn them 180 degrees, and reattach as shown below. Now you can attach the PinDoc Sidekick to your Stern playfield. Also due to the thick wall construction of these bracket, the bracket will not be weakened due to the added hole. These brackets are also available from Marco for $6.50 each if you don't want to mod your original pair.

I am also considering offering the Stern PF brackets already drilled and ready to install on the Stern playfield for an additional cost.

For more information regarding SideKick usage on Stern playfields, please ask here or send me a PM.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#554 1 year ago

Last call for PinDoc Rotos and accessories from the May build.

Click here to place an order:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restoration

#555 1 year ago

All Pindoc Rotos and Acessories for which I have received payment (including LE items), have now shipped out via UPS.

I current have a few extra items in stock including LE items in Red and Blue, for quick shipping. Please send me a PM for more info and availability.

1 week later
    #556 1 year ago

Now taking orders for the June run of Pindoc Rotos and accessories. The build will start on the 26th. But in the meantime, I still have some extra inventory in stock from last month, so no waiting. Please PM me for availability of whats currently in stock.

I also recently compiled a small list of testimonials that I wanted to share. I really want to thank everyone who has posted their reviews and feedback regarding their experience with their PinDoc Rotos.

1 week later
    #557 1 year ago

Received my LE Roto and SideKick, and am SUPER happy with the entire experience - from initial RFI thru purchase, and now receipt of this incredible unit. The build and finish (powdercoat Signal Red) on this is outstanding. Correspondence has been outstanding, and is the cherry on top of the sundae!

I'm excited to get my Paragon playfield loaded up so I can share an image.

1 week later
    #558 1 year ago

Im currently preparing for the June build that will start tomorrow.

#559 1 year ago

The sparks are flying for the June build. Just a few days left for the June orders.

2 weeks later
    #560 11 months ago

For those needing a walkthrough on how to assemble and use the PinDoc Pinball Playfield Rotisserie!

#561 11 months ago

Many thanks to Cary Hardy for making this very awesome video for my PinDoc offerings. The video is very informing and entertaining just like all of his previous ones on Youtube.

Now taking orders for the July run of Rotos and accessories. I also have one Pindoc LE Roto in Red powdercoat for immediate shipping.

#562 11 months ago
    Quoted from TheCapn:

For those needing a walkthrough on how to assemble and use the PinDoc Pinball Playfield Rotisserie!

Where can you get those clamp rubbers used in the video? I am clamping my PinDoc Roto using wood right now. Thanks!

#563 11 months ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Where can you get those clamp rubbers used in the video? I am clamping my PinDoc Roto using foam right now. Thanks!

I'm pretty certain most hardware stores will have them. If you don't have a store nearby that does, you can buy similar off Amazon like these:

amazon.com link »

#564 11 months ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Where can you get those clamp rubbers used in the video? I am clamping my PinDoc Roto using foam right now. Thanks!

FWIW when I use c-clamps, I use a 1"x1" block of 1/2" thick wood. This seems to work exactly as it should. I have never seen just those rubber protectors available alone in a store. Maybe they can be had online.

#565 11 months ago
    Quoted from wrd1972:

FWIW when I use c-clamps, I use a 1"x1" block of 1/2" thick wood. This seems to work exactly as it should. I have never seen just those rubber protectors available alone in a store. Maybe they can be had online.

Harbor freight carries them but they’re a hard plastic and not grippy

#566 11 months ago
    Quoted from wrd1972:

I am using a small wood piece now as well after I just checked it after not working on it for a week. When did you start putting PinDoc Rotos stickers on? Or maybe that was just for the video. I have a roto from your first powder coat batch...

#567 11 months ago
    Quoted from zene10:

Harbor freight carries them but they’re a hard plastic and not grippy

I saw that wondered why they were $1.99 as opposed to $7-$12 at other places. Thanks for the info.

#568 11 months ago

I did the stickers for that particular one since it was going to be in the video.

#569 11 months ago

A friend posted this today on FB and I immediately thought of you! I am not sure you've worked one up to this size.

217979292_10225568092739327_188538820925478392_n (resized).jpg
    #570 11 months ago

That would be my PinDoc offering for the Atari Hercules playfield. Additional shipping charges will apply.

1 week later
    #571 11 months ago

Its that time of the month again playfield fixers, restorers and swappers. I am currently setting up the shop and buying materials for the July build of Pindoc Rotos and accessories. Still time to get those orders in. All Pro and Premium items will ship very early August, and all LE items around mid-August.

Thanks again to Cary Hardy for the review and video of the PinDoc roto for his awesome "All Things Pinball" channel.

3 weeks later
    #572 10 months ago

The September build of Pindoc Stuff is about a week away, and I am now well restocked on metal. All Pro and Premium items will ship very early September, and all LE items around mid-September.

Thanks again to Cary Hardy for the review and video of the PinDoc roto for his awesome "All Things Pinball" channel.

#573 10 months ago

The August build begins this weekend. Still time to get orders in for Rotos and accessories.

#574 10 months ago

I just got my LE Rotisserie this weekend. For anyone who is on this thread because they are on the fence about getting one and doing research, you will not regret it and it is worth it. I am blown away by the build quality and top notch communication.

Before I even ordered, Bill was helpful. I have a small space and wanted to make sure the footprint would fit on a tool cart I was considering getting.

The rolling tool cart with power and 12” extension

Power

With the extension the top is 60” by 36”, 60”x24” with the extension down

Bill let me know that the rotisserie had a footprint of less than 18” so I knew it was good to go. This would allow me to store my tools and pieces while I worked on playfields.

When I wasn’t, I could store the rotisserie and have some extra counter space in my pinball parlor.

Custom ‘Disco Purple’ powder coat. It was a special order, but it was worth the extra IMO

Fits perfectly without the extension. Plenty of surface area!

Store perfectly in the full size drawer. This drawer will be storage for parts while tearing down a game.

All around I am stoked and really excited to get some of these games restored. This thing is awesome and with that bench it makes a perfect space to tear down and put back together playfields.

Thanks again, wrd1972!

Added 10 months ago:

For those curious, this is the bench:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-62-in-12-Drawer-Mobile-Workbench-with-Full-Length-Ext-Table-in-All-Blacked-Out-HOTC6212B11M/312063235

#575 10 months ago

Yes that is a very nice looking setup there. That cabinet should work nicely to keep things well organized, and tidy.
    Thanks again for the purchase.

#576 9 months ago

Updates on the August build.

All paid-for PinDoc Pro and Premium items have shipped out via UPS. All LE items have been dropped off at the powdercoater, and I am hoping to have them back around the middle of the month.

Thanks again to everyone who bought a Roto from the August build. The September build will begin the weekend of the 25th of this month.

1 week later
    #577 9 months ago

I’m doing my first hardtop install (Taxi) and the rotisserie has been a great help. A couple tips to note; flipping the front support of the rotisserie over allows the playfield to lay flat without obstruction while sanding the front edge of the playfield. A bottle jack under the center of the playfield helps support things and keep the playfield flat while sanding.

69C773E5-4943-4149-872D-6FC7E4CD41DB (resized).jpeg6CC9ED0C-8C4D-4F41-B270-B03A2B4C93E4 (resized).jpegC3BA141B-DF24-4D4A-8F5C-34A5E13E2221 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #578 9 months ago

Update on the LE items from the August build.

The powdercoater is taking a bit longer to get these done, but they have started on them. I expect them to be done in the next day or two. It is currently looking like the August LE items will ship out near the end of the week. Many thanks for your patience.

Here is a shot of a near-completed TAF Playfield swap that I am working on. I am currently doing all of my Playfield testing with the PF on the roto instead of in the cabinet. Testing on the roto makes things MUCH easier for very obvious reasons.

#579 9 months ago

All powdercoated LE items are in the back of my truck. I will be packaging them up and shipping them out Saturday evening, or at the very latest Monday morning.

The September build will begin mid-next week, so there is still time to get orders in. Pro and Premium items will ship first week of October, and LE items will ship around mid-October.

#580 9 months ago

Update:
    All LE items from the August build have now shipped out via UPS.

I am very happy to announce that all Sliders going forward will now be drilled to accept Stern, Jersey Jack and Data East playfields, in additional to the existing Williams-Bally playfields. Many thanks to Xedecimal for providing the Stern, JJ dimensions.

I also have the following in stock for immediate shipping (ships out within 2 days):
    -LE Roto (Black)
    -LE Sidekick (Black)
    -LE Sliders (Black)

I have also starting preparing for the upcoming September build.

#581 9 months ago

Nice setup rlbohon3. I will be doing a second Black Knight Hardtop install very soon. I use the jack under the PF to to provide extra support when sanding it down with the DA sander. Wish I had a Taxi. True classic!

#582 9 months ago

Last call for rotos from the September build.

2 weeks later
    #583 8 months ago

Okay I have finally settled on a design for the PinDoc skates that can be used with many available folding tables. This is a great solution to modify a pair of Lifetime brand folding tables, and have the ability to easily move the table around as needed. The other benefit is that the table can be used for many other things when the roto is not in use. In short, this makes a fantastic roto stand, and workbench to boot.

The Skates are made from the same durable materials as the PinDoc roto, and include 3" non-marring locking casters on all four corners, and easily install in 10-15 minutes with no modifications needed to the table. This is the same setup I have been using for quite some time when my rotos are in use, and the table glides effortlessly when it needs to be moved - even on carpet.

The skates will easily mount up to the following tables:
    -Lifetime 80387 4-Foot Commercial Adjustable Height Folding Table
    amazon.com link »

-Lifetime 80752 6-Foot Commercial Adjustable Height Folding Table
    amazon.com link »

The Premium PinDoc Skates will sell for $140.00 shipped and include all the required hardware (table not included).
    The Premium PinDoc Skates will sell for $190.00 shipped and include all the required hardware (table not included).

Please PM me if your interested in purchasing the PinDoc Skates. I will be adding the skates to the PinStore as soon as I can.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 week later
    #584 8 months ago

The October build of PinDoc Rotos and accessories will begin this Saturday the 29th. Still time to get those orders in.

#585 8 months ago

Here’s my setup.
    I purchased an IKEA desk and additional desktop. I fastened the desktop onto the bottom of the desk. I opted to not install the door.
    I also installed low profile wheels to not raise the playfield any more than necessary…but still have the convenience of mobility. I especially like the surface under the rotisserie. It’s great for sitting tools or catching falling items like screws.
    Sticky window insulation was used to keep the rotisserie from sliding. I’m sure a mat would work well too.
    I’ve discovered that cord management works well if you wrap and zip tie the harness around the back.
    I was having an issue with the rotisserie “walking”. Once I discovered it was moving, I noticed the axle was 1/4 inch away from the rotisserie falling. I purchased some 1.75 inch diameter PVC and cut them 3/4 wide. This distance is slightly more than the distance the grey knobs stick out. If the rotisserie walks on you, it can actually hit the knob while spinning.
    These spacers work like a charm and the rotisserie stays where it should now.
    I have 2 homemade rotisseries that I’ve been happy with…but this PinDoc Rotisserie solves some of the issues I have with them…the main issue is space under the playfield to sit on the rotisserie ledge. I often have to remove items to make room to sit the playfield on the ledge. With the sidekick, that is no longer an issue. All that space to work is great.
    I’m thrilled with my purchase and highly recommend it.
    Built like a tank too.

159BFF31-8E67-486D-A3EF-F3CE8B2B1AEB (resized).jpeg31D1FB74-7BB3-496E-BC6C-6E7962F7D294 (resized).jpeg3983FAEE-32BE-42E7-B1FC-BA1F97C1BC32 (resized).jpeg62CEB909-3877-4615-AC3F-12B07B1F8DCC (resized).jpeg64F8A746-AEEA-44A8-BEB0-29BD727D259D (resized).jpeg6E776813-BA72-4509-B376-07ED9CC2E4E1 (resized).jpegAF58D742-9B95-4054-803C-81C81704BD35 (resized).jpeg
    #586 8 months ago

Very nice setup there Jeff.

Looks like you can really keep things orginized, and if I had more space in my shop, I think I would get that same cabinet. Unfortunately, I have to use folding tables that can easily store when not in use. I also really like the PVC spacer idea. I am going to look into that much further.

Many thanks for you purchase of the full PinDoc Roto package.

1 week later
    #587 7 months ago

All PinDoc Pro and Premium items from the October, just shipped out via UPS. All items to be powdercoated are going to the shop tomorrow for finishing.
    Many thanks for the orders guys.

Now taking orders for the upcoming November build. Click here to place an order:

#588 7 months ago

Quick question OP. I bought an LE 6 months ago and I haven’t had the time to use it yet. I have a TSPP that I’m refurbishing and would like to put the rotisserie to good use. My question is, do I need to buy any attachments for the TSPP play field to fit on the rotisserie?

#589 7 months ago

Hi trk,
    You can place the TSPP PF on the roto alone, but you may run into some obstructions on the rear edge of the PF that will have to be first removed. From looking at the rear of the TSPP PF in the attached pic, it does not appear that there are many things in the way. However, there may be a need to remove some of these parts to get it to properly fit the roto.

Now if you decide to use the Sidekick with your roto to mount up you PF, then there will be no need to remove any parts on the rear at all, plust the PF will be mounted more securely which is always a plus on a heavy stacked PF. BTW, I have sold several roto/SK combos to folks for use on TSPP.

There is one thing you need to do prior to using the SK on this Stern PF. You will need to first drill a 1/2" hole in your existing PF mounting brackets so the Sidekick can attach. Drilling this hole is fairly easy, and it will not weaken the bracket in the slightest bit, so no worries there. I can also provide pre-drill a pair of new Stern brackets for an additional cost if you like, and you can use those for when the roto is in use, but most people just use the drilled bracket even when the PF is put back into the cabinet. I have attached a pic below showing the 1/2" hole that needs to be drilled.

If your looking to get a matching LE Sidekick, I will be building them the following weekend, and it will be shipping mid-Decemeber.

#590 7 months ago

Thank you. It's a little to pricey for me right now. I'll have to try another way or remove the back.

#591 7 months ago

THE PRICES ON ALL PINDOC ITEMS WILL INCREASE STARTING JAN 1ST, 2022 DUE TO THE EVER-INCREASING COST OF STEEL!!!

Unfortunately, the cost of steel required for production is still increasing, and I cant reduce my production costs any further. I very much intend to continue building rotos, but I have no choice but to raise all prices starting New Years Day - 2022.

So for all folks looking to purchase a PinDoc Roto or accessories at the current prices, please make sure you place your order before the end of the year.

I intend to start my November build on the 26th, and I will do my last build of the year just after Christmas. That means there are only two more builds available to purchase all PinDoc items at the current prices.

#592 7 months ago

First batch of the October LE items are back home. I will start boxing them up tonight, and they will ship out via UPS on Monday. More will arrive early next week and will ship out mid-week.

THE PRICES ON ALL PINDOC ITEMS WILL INCREASE STARTING JAN 1ST, 2022 DUE TO THE EVER-INCREASING COST OF STEEL!!!

#593 7 months ago

I have one LE Sidekick in Black, that has a few small chips in the finish. Normal price is $250. Will sell go for $225. The small chips can easily be touched up with Black enamel paint, and will hide very nicely.
    PM me if interested.

#594 7 months ago

PM Sent

#595 7 months ago

All LE items from the October build have now shipped out via UPS.
    Thanks again for the purchases.

1 week later
    #596 7 months ago

LAST CALL FOR PINDOC PRODUCTS FROM THE NOVEMEBER BUILD

#600 6 months ago

Cabinet in the background is a dead giveaway. I practically told you!

There are 640 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!