(Topic ID: 253922)

PinDoc Playfield ROTISSERIES starting at $260.00

By wrd1972_PinDoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    IMG_3672 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
    20231220_082654 (resized).jpg
    There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 16.
    #501 3 years ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

I am NOT a metal person so I'm shooting in the dark here, but any reason this piece wouldn't work as a middle support piece?
    amazon.com link »

No because thats 1/2" square. Too flimsy. You need 3/4" square tubing which is what I provide in my premium and LE Rotos.

#502 3 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

ROTISSERIE PRICE INCREASES COMING IN APRIL 2021
    Metal stock prices have further increased in the last 6 months, and are showing no signs of decreasing. From what I have researched, it is due to supply/demand and the shipping companies dramatically raising rates for deliveries. In fact, compared to a year ago this time my metal cost has nearly doubled. And I don't know what it is about the 1" and 3/4" square tubing, but it has increased over 100%. Ouch!!!
    https://www.national.biz/2021-steel-price-increases-affect-small-business/
    So for the February and March builds, I am keeping prices the same. But in April, I must increase all of the prices to continue making this project worth my while.
    So avoid the coming price increases, get your orders in this month or no later than next month (March).
    Click here to place an order:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restoration

What are you paying per foot delivered for 1” tubing?

#503 3 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

What are you paying per foot delivered for 1” tubing?

I dont have it delivered. I have two LARGE local metal retailers for all of my metal stock, and I pick it up in my good ol' Chevy truck (rear-end dragging) and carry it to the shop (err..my basement)

I have researched on-line metal providers, and the delivery costs make it totally cost prohibitive. Even six months ago metal was reasonable. Now its gotten very expensive. I have an opinion on this, but I dont want to get political since most of it comes from China.

#504 3 years ago

Build day and the sparks are flying.
    Welder shuts down this evening. Very last call for rotos for this month!
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Click here to place an order:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restoration

#505 3 years ago

I dont have it delivered. I have two LARGE local metal retailers for all of my metal stock, and I pick it up in my good ol' Chevy truck (rear-end dragging) and carry it to the shop (err..my basement)
    I have researched on-line metal providers, and the delivery costs make it totally cost prohibitive. Even six months ago metal was reasonable. Now its gotten very expensive. I have an opinion on this, but I dont want to get political since most of it comes from China.

You're too nice. I wouldn't tell anyone how I run my business. It's none of their business. It's even less of their business how much I'm paying for my material, unless they're going to offer me a better deal. Then, it should be done one on one, not in a public forum.

#506 3 years ago

All Pro model Rotisseries from the February build have now shipped out.

The LE items are all built and will be dropped off at the powder-coater in the next day or two.

Thanks everyone for the February orders.

#507 3 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

You're too nice. I wouldn't tell anyone how I run my business. It's none of their business. It's even less of their business how much I'm paying for my material, unless they're going to offer me a better deal. Then, it should be done one on one, not in a public forum.

This is the difference between a mom and pop and the Amazon's and Walmart's of the world. America is failing when I see posts like this. Bill is providing an amazing service to the pinball community, not looking to get rich, he has shared his journey the entire way with the group and I for one APPLAUD and RESPECT the heck out of him.

#508 3 years ago

DUE TO THE INCREASED COST OF METAL. ALL PRICES WILL INCREASE STARTING APRIL 1ST 2021

Now taking orders for the upcoming March build that will begin around the 27th or so. As already mentioned, the prices for all Pindoc items will be increasing April 1st as a result of major increases in the cost for steel. Not sure at the moment what the increases will be. But you can beat the increases by placing your order ASAP.

Link to the order page:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations

#509 3 years ago

DUE TO THE INCREASED COST OF METAL. ALL PRICES WILL INCREASE STARTING APRIL 1ST 2021

Now taking orders for the upcoming March build that will begin around the 27th or so. As already mentioned, the prices for all Pindoc items will be increasing April 1st as a result of major increases in the cost for steel. Not sure at the moment what the increases will be. But you can beat the increases by placing your order ASAP.

Link to the order page:

Also Pinside has decided to discontinue their business with Paypal. Now Stripe is the preferred payment. I am now set-up to accept Stripe payments through the Pinshop.

#510 3 years ago

Great product bud. Just thought I'd stop by to say so. Thanks.

20210309_172820 (resized).jpg20210309_172820 (resized).jpg
    #511 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Great product bud. Just thought I'd stop by to say so. Thanks.
    [quoted image]

Glad you are liking the roto Mike. Is that a Hardtop on Blackout?

#512 3 years ago

just ordered one. thank you.

#513 3 years ago

Glad you are liking the roto Mike. Is that a Hardtop on Blackout?

It is. Went pretty smoothly. Would have been impossible without the gear.

#514 3 years ago

Just placed an order for my 2nd roto unit, very excited to be able to start working side by side on playfields.

Ken

#515 3 years ago

LE Pindoc items are back from the powder-coater. I will get them boxed up this weekend and shipped Monday if not sooner.

20210316_160505 (resized).jpg20210316_160505 (resized).jpg
    #516 3 years ago

Whats on my Pindoc Rotisserie now?
    Bram Stokers Dracula.

The Sidekick is a must have for BSD due to the huge back-wall and many components along the back edge. This also seems to be the case for most WPC playfields. No need to disassemble the playfield to mount it to the roto when the Sidekick is being used.

20210312_183213 (resized).jpg20210312_183213 (resized).jpg20210312_183401 (resized).jpg20210312_183401 (resized).jpg
    #517 3 years ago

Just another reminder. Prices on all Pindoc items will be increasing starting April 1st 2021 due to the increased costs of metal.
    Still working on what the new costs will be for next month. But there is still time to beat the increase.

Link to the order page:

#518 3 years ago

Gauging interest for PinDoc "Skates".

So a lot of folks have asked for a floor-standing roto option for their PinDoc roto, and there are several reasons why I have not offered one. First reason is that it would likely be heavy and cumbersome, and not cost-effective for me to ship. The second reason is that I doubt I could offer something that is firm and solid, without it being very complex and weighing a ton.

Attached are pics of my current set-up that I am using for my personal roto. It consists of a Lifetime 80387 plastic table from Amazon that runs $55.95, and is very strong for the job at hand. This table has three height adjustments (24 in. , 29 in. , and 34 in) and folds up flat when not in use.

https://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-80387-Commercial-Adjustable-Folding/dp/B0100QNBH2/ref=sr_1_3

So I wanted to mount the table on wheels of some kind, but still be able to have them removed if desired. So I made some "Skates" that bolt onto the bottoms of the legs in a matter of minutes. So what I now have is a rock solid floor standing Roto with a very nice work-surface underneath to hold tools, parts etc. I really can't say enough for this setup. It really does EVERYTHING I need it to do, and does it with versatility and style.

So I want to see if anyone would be interested in purchasing some Pindoc Skates, if I decided to make them? I would NOT be offering the table, just the metal assembly with casters as shown in the pics. The table can easily be purchased at Amazon and sometimes Costco. Not sure on a price yet though, but it wont be anything unreasonable.

Anyone interested?
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#519 3 years ago

Doc, YES. I would be interested in the skate kit. The current design is ONLY missing that "mobile" aspect. At one point I had one of the "Z-bar" rotisseries and was always fond of it's ability to easily be moved/repositioned.

Build these...and they will come!

#520 3 years ago

Interesting idea for the skate kit.

I’m wishing I’d have added a matching Sidekick when I placed my rotisserie order last week. I have a Johnny Mnemonic that’ll get shopped once my Paragon play field swap is completed.

#521 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rodent:

Interesting idea for the skate kit.
    I’m wishing I’d have added a matching Sidekick when I placed my rotisserie order last week. I have a Johnny Mnemonic that’ll get shopped once my Paragon play field swap is completed.

No problem. Please go ahead and place your order and I will make you a matching Signal Red Sidekick.

Thanks

#522 3 years ago

No problem. Please go ahead and place your order and I will make you a matching Signal Red Sidekick.
    Thanks

Done!

#524 3 years ago

Will the table still fold flat with the skates in place or do they need to be removed and reinstalled the next time the table is used? I would be interested in a set.

#525 3 years ago

Hmm good question. I will find out today and reply.

#526 3 years ago

Hey, I placed an order earlier this week. Any idea when the Pro will go out? Thanks!

#527 3 years ago

Typically, all Pro and Premium items ship out near the end of a given month. I will still shoot for that, but I have a lot of orders to fulfill this month, and it might creep into very early April.

Hope that helps.

#528 3 years ago

Just finished cutting 1400 pounds of metal and preparing to start building. Tomorrow I start the March build for Pindoc Rotos and accessories.

As a reminder the prices of all items will increase Apri 1st due to the increasing prices of metal. Still time to your order in.

Link to the order page:

mcbs-1-300x167 (resized).jpgmcbs-1-300x167 (resized).jpg

#529 3 years ago

Just finished cutting 1400 pounds of metal and preparing to start building. Tomorrow I start the March build for Pindoc Rotos and accessories.
    As a reminder the prices of all items will increase Apri 1st due to the increasing prices of metal. Still time to your order in.
    Link to the order page:
    [quoted image]

Wow, Iron man ain't got crap on you! I am excited to get my 2nd unit!

Ken

#530 3 years ago

Its build day!
    I am running a little behind, but everything will likely be built by this Saturday evening. I am looking to start shipping Pro and Premium items out Monday next week. LE items will be dropped off at the powder-coater early next week as well.

As a reminder, the prices of all items will increase April 1st due to the increasing prices of metal. Better order today or tomorrow to beat the increase.

Link to the order page:

#531 3 years ago

PRICING STARTING APRIL 1ST 2021
    Pro Rotisserie - $205.00
    Premium Rotisserie - $250.00
    LE Rotisserie - $320.00

Premium Sidekick - $190.00
    LE Sidekick - $255.00

Premium Sliders - $55.00
    2x Premium Sliders - $95.00
    LE Sliders - $90.00
    2x LE Sliders - $155.00

As already mentioned, the cost of metal has skyrocketed and is not likely to come down anytime soon. This is due to the metal mills cutting production, and the transportation costs to deliver the metal going up too. In fact, the price of the 1" square tubing (which makes up the bulk of the roto) has nearly doubled in the 12 months. Unfortunately, this means I need to increase the price of the items. On average, the cost across all products has gone up $10.00 - $15.00 depending on the item.

There is still time today to place your order and beet the price increase that is coming tomorrow.

Link to the order page:

#532 3 years ago

Another game on the rotisserie, with the sidekick. This is probably the 9th or 10th playfield to ride the PinDoc rotisserie. Holding up great! Honestly, not sure I’d be able to do some of the work I end up doing on games if I didn’t have this.

091BD47A-DBEE-4B60-8DDD-DA5424559CFD (resized).jpeg091BD47A-DBEE-4B60-8DDD-DA5424559CFD (resized).jpeg
    #533 3 years ago
    Quoted from rlbohon3:

Another game on the rotisserie, with the sidekick. This is probably the 9th or 10th playfield to ride the PinDoc rotisserie. Holding up great! Honestly, not sure I’d be able to do some of the work I end up doing on games if I didn’t have this.
    [quoted image]

I agree. Use mine all the time. Works great.

#534 3 years ago

Last call for Pindoc Rotos and accessories at the current prices.
    Price increase goes into effect in 3 hours - 15 minutes.

There is still time today to place your order and beet the price increase that is coming tomorrow.

Link to the order page:

#535 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyder138:

Will the table still fold flat with the skates in place or do they need to be removed and reinstalled the next time the table is used? I would be interested in a set.

The legs on the table will not completley fold flat with the skates installed. However they do fold enough that the table can still very easily stand near-upright against the wall with the skates installed. But if you wanted to remove them, it would only take a few minutes.

I still have some more work I want to do on them before offering them up for sale. I will should have some time next week to work on them some more.

Attached are some pics of the legs folded.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #536 3 years ago

Hey folks I am still working on the March build for the second weekend now. This was just a monster month for Roto sales, and I want to thank everyone who placed an order.

The Pro and Premium Rotos will start getting boxed tonight, and will start shipping Monday. I still need to build the Sidekicks and Sliders this evening.

I am currently building some extras Rotos. So if anyone wants to place an order, I can slip it into the March build.
    Link to the order page:

Wheww I feel like I have been welding for days. lol

1 week later
    #537 3 years ago

Okay here is an update on the March build. Most Pro and Premium items shipped out before the server went "Chernobyl". However I still have a few to go out.

Also I have not been able to take the LE items to the powdercoater since I could not access the site in order to get the colors that folks were wanting their items in. All LE items will go to the powdetcoater Monday or Tuesday.

#538 3 years ago

thanks for the update. was wondering if you'd be impacted by the outage

ATB - R

#539 3 years ago

Okay I finally have all if the Pro and Premium Rotos and accessories shipped out from the big March build. Also, I have all of the LE items for powdercoating sorted and they will be dropped off tomorrow at the shop.

Now taking orders for the April build that will begin near the end of the month.

Link to the order page:

1 week later
    #540 3 years ago

Update on the LE items from the big March build. The parts are still at the powder-coater. Hopefully they will be done next week.

I will be starting the April build of Rotos and accessories in a few day. All Pro/Premium items will ship b y the end of April, and LE items will likely ship mid-May. Time is starting to run out for the April build, so get those orders in ASAP.

Link to the order page:

1 week later
    #541 2 years ago

Its April build day!
    All Pro and Premium items from this build will ship early next week. All LE items will likely ship mid-May.

Link to the order page:

Update on the LE items ordered from the March build. The powder-coater is looking to have them done early in the week. I am hoping to be able to start shipping these out late next week. Thanks for your patience.

#542 2 years ago

All Pro and Premium items from the April build have now all shipped out.
    Thanks for the orders guys.

#544 2 years ago

The LE Rotos and accessories from the March build have been picked up, and are in my garage. I will start boxing them up tomorrow, and I will start shipping them out this weekend. Thanks again all for the purchases.

#545 2 years ago

All LE items from the March build are now packed and will ship out tomorrow.

I currently have the following in stock for immediate shipping (NO WAITING):
    (1) LE Rotos in Signal Red
    (1) LE Roto in Ruby Red
    (1) LE Roto & LE Sidekick in Signal Blue
    (2) LE Sidekicks in Black
    (5) LE Sliders in Black
    (1) LE Sidekick in Signal Blue
    (4) Pro/Premium Rotos

Link to the order page:
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#546 2 years ago

Rotisserie with the sidekick adjusted to the wide body setting. Getting ready to tear down a TZ.

1583D01A-ABE8-408C-8FC1-7FE01BB73085 (resized).jpeg1583D01A-ABE8-408C-8FC1-7FE01BB73085 (resized).jpeg
    #547 2 years ago

All LE items from the March build have shipped out except for the few I have notified. Thanks for the orders all.

All LE items from the March build are now packed and will ship out tomorrow.

I currently have the following in stock for immediate shipping (NO WAITING):
    (1) LE Rotos in Signal Red
    (1) LE Roto in Ruby Red
    (1) LE Roto & LE Sidekick in Signal Blue
    (2) LE Sidekicks in Black
    (5) LE Sliders in Black
    (1) LE Sidekick in Signal Blue
    (4) Pro/Premium Rotos

Link to the order page:

#548 2 years ago

Received my LE. Packaged great and looks awesome. I really like the the clamping mech.

#549 2 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Received my LE. Packaged great and looks awesome. I really like the the clamping mech.

Glad your happy with it. The Cobalt Blue really looks terrific too. Post up some cool pics of it if you have a chance.

The clamping mech has far surpassed my expectations with its simplicity, and ability to regulate the amount of clamping force needed. And it locks down like a vice when you need it to. Thanks again for the purchase.

#550 2 years ago

I got mine as well and two things jump out at me:

(1) How did I live without a rotisserie? I just did a shadow sanctum repair with it and it made life so much easier

(2) The build quality is fantastic

Thanks a bunch for making these available to us. I wish I had bought one sooner.

There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.