48 days ago

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by nocreditdot
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2135A68E-4572-4756-BA28-37FF614FB970 (resized).jpeg
    107f6cad929e78460e8285c3951bda80220c6fff.jpeg (resized).jpg
    stern-pinball-029-2040_verge_super_wide (resized).jpg
    152a (resized).jpg
    047-chicago-gaming-visit-2019 (resized).jpg
    040-chicago-gaming-visit-2019 (resized).jpg
    LE (resized).jpg
    LE (resized).jpg
    20191202_162652 (resized).jpg
    20191202_162715 (resized).jpg
    20191202_162659 (resized).jpg
    Pivot2 (resized).jpg
    Prem1 (resized).jpg
    20191202_122725 - Copy (resized).jpg
    Pivot2 (resized).jpg

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 48 days ago

Hello,
    Pinball playfield rotisseries are now available and for sale!

My rotisserie is constructed with 1" - .083" thick - cold steel square tubing - not the "cheap thin, flimsy stuff". It is also fully welded, and will accommodate any size PF out there, with the only exception being Hercules. Duh!!!

All rotisseries use 2" hand knobs to set the desired resistance to lock the playfield in any position. It can spin freely 360 degrees, or fully lock into a single position.

The finish on the rotisserie is bare metal, and you could paint it yourself for less than $5.00. I can also now have them satin black powder coated, but there will be a $100 up charge due to the fact that I will not be getting a volume discount at least at this time. I am still searching for a more affordable service. But it is available.

For the Pro model. I am offering the two triangular side frames with adjustable poly-clamps, the rotating brackets, the "lock-down" nuts and bolts for the optional 1/2" electrical conduit (not included), or the 3/4" square tubing extensions. I have found that you can purchase 1/2" electrical conduit in 60" lengths from any big-box store, and use those for the extensions for less than $5.00. This is a very good performing, and economical solution as seen in the below pic, and will very nicely do the job. But once again, the square tubing extenders are NOT included with the Pro model. C-clamps not included.

For the Premium model. I am offering everything mentioned above plus the fully adjustable 3/4" square tubing extenders as shown. C-clamps not included.

For the LE model. I am offering the premium model in durable gloss black powder-coat. Other colors possible - contact me first. C-clamps not included.

The finish on the Pro and Premium models is bare metal. You can easily spray paint it yourself for less than $5.00. They really do paint up very nicely.

Current asking price for the rotisserie shipped to 48 states USA:
    $190.00 - Pro model rotisserie
    $230.00 - Premium model rotisserie
    $305.00 - LE model rotisserie

Anyone interested? Please send me a PM for my Paypal information.
    Thanks for looking.

Prem1 (resized).jpg
    LE (resized).jpg
    Pivot2 (resized).jpg

#2 48 days ago

I would most likely be in!

#3 48 days ago

Good idea!
    I would be interested

#4 48 days ago

Looks awesome! Yeah, count me in!

#5 48 days ago

Question - why is one side up on blocks?

#6 48 days ago

Just for giggles, we were playing the game on the rotisserie. So we had to tilt it for the ball to roll.
    No other reason. I will get some more detailed pics in the next day or two.

#7 48 days ago

I am in for this.

#8 48 days ago

I would be interested in this as well.

#9 48 days ago

Looks good

#10 48 days ago

Yes

#11 48 days ago

Heck yes for me

#12 48 days ago

Interested

#13 48 days ago

Possibly... I would need a lot more information before purchase vs build decision got made on my end. I have been kicking around the idea of finally getting one for a long while now.

#14 48 days ago

Okay looks like there is some interest. Thanks guys.

rufessor,
    i am planning on posting some additional more detailed pics in the next day or two. You stated you need a "lot" more info before purchase. What other info do you really need that I did not already cover? Aiming to please here.

#15 48 days ago

Looks great!

#16 48 days ago

Really looking for better pics, most interested in three things.

Rotational locking mech-
    How many degrees of freedom?
    Stability when locked (slop in mech)?

Playfield locking/clamping mechanism
    How does it work?
    Variable length? Range?
    Width? As above

Height adjustment?
    Must it sit on an existing bench?
    Stand?

Probably more.... these are “simple” devices but many designs have been attempted here on pinside with plus and minus to all. Not a one size fits all product. Just want to know more about everything.

Honestly- my reading was you made exactly one of these- it worked for you and now your contemplating selling them. I have no issue with that- maybe you read every thread here on their design and took all the good stuff and put it together. That would be great but none of that information comes out of your initial post. Maybe you are a pro welder and own your own fabrication shop and this is a fun side project- who is to know without a little information.

I have no issues with any of this nor do I expect or really care if your a pro- just providing some context as to what someone may conceivably want to know before buying. You were perfectly clear in saying you would add info and were checking interest. Thank you for asking for what kind of information would be most helpful!!’

For me thats a short list off the top of my head and a little bit of why. Others can add to the list.

Thank you!

#17 48 days ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

Must it sit on an existing bench?
    Stand?

It's roughly 2 feet high so I would guess yes.

#18 48 days ago

I would definitely be interested!

#19 48 days ago

I would suggest doing a hand knob over the using just a bolt.

amazon.com link »

#20 48 days ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

amazon.com link »

100% percent.

#21 48 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's roughly 2 feet high so I would guess yes.

Less guess = better

More info = possible suggestions for simple improvements...

Quoted from TheLaw:

100% percent.

#22 48 days ago

JJPOTC and Wonka owners should all be interested in one of these.

#23 48 days ago

I would be interested for sure.

#24 48 days ago

I've got one and would still be interested at that price

#25 47 days ago

rufessor,
    Hmm that's a lot to unpack there for a "short list". But again...I aim to please.

How does the locking mech work? Standard 3/4" wrench.

The rotational locking mech is composed of a welded nut on the top of each frame as shown in the pics, and a 1/2" hex-bolt. I chose the 1/2" hex-bolt because it gives significant clamping force over anything smaller such as you might find with a "hand knob", and it will not wear over time. When the locking bolts are locked down, the rotisserie is absolutely rock solid and extremely resistant to turning when performing your work. Obviously you can overpower it, but that would not be very good for you playfield. Regarding slop...there is no slop!

When in use, your playfield will be about 16" above the surface, that the rotisserie is sitting on. So yes, I would assume most folks would place it on a table or a bench as shown in the pics. When in use, it allows a full 360 degrees of rotation for playfields up to a 27" wide Atari wide-body playfield. Working length is obviously pre-determined by the playfield being attached. The metal extenders (not included) in the pic are 54" in length, and will easily work with most 46" long playfields. You can use longer extenders if you desire, but I would consider "variable length" to be unlimited. There is no height adjustment in the design. But I guess you could get a taller table or place blocks under the frames. So with all that said, I am pretty confident everything is covered.

Honestly, I did look at a few other designs, but I found most to be overly complex, and not very mobile. I just wanted something that was metal that could sit on a bench, be robust enough to do the job, then break down when not in use. I saw the typical metal one that goes for $250 plus on the web, and decided to use that as the foundation for my design. I did not perform any back-wards engineering in any way shape or form. But with my design, the cost can be greatly reduced by not including the long metal extenders. And again, if you prefer to use the extenders (which are not required for use), they can be purchased at any "Lowes" or Home Depot" in 6ft lengths, and be very easily attached to the rotisserie. The provisions will already be available to accept them as shown in the pics.

No I am not a "pro welder", and no I dont own a metal "fabrication shop". I am just a "gearhead" in a basement like most folks here, who needs a very specific tool, to accomplish a very specific task. You can look at the provided pics and determine if the weld quality and construction quality meets your requirements. But in short...the welds are NOT going to come apart, and its proudly made in the USA!

In the end, I could not be more pleased with this rotisserie . And being the "Capitalist Pig" I am and in need of more Pinball "fundage", I figure I might be able to produce some of these for a very reasonable price, assuming yours and everybody else's expectations for quality are also reasonable. That said, I seriously doubt that anyone will have an issue with this rotisserie. So check the pics and decide for yourself.

Lastly...did I provide adequate answers to all of your concerns?

IMG_4758 (resized).jpgIMG_4759 (resized).jpgIMG_4765 (resized).jpgIMG_4769 (resized).jpgIMG_4781 (resized).jpegIMG_4782 (resized).jpegIMG_4783 (resized).jpeg
    #26 47 days ago

I bought the similar one from marco and sent it back immediately because of quality.

I would be in on this one.

#27 47 days ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

amazon.com link »

That particular hand-knob is 3/8" threaded, and I feel its not up to the job for here. So in my opinion, it just can not provide the clamping power that is needed to lock the playfield down. So for my design, I am using a 1/2" bolt that clamps the playfield down, and does so without any slop.

Obviously you could purchase a 1/2" hand-knob and use that instead of the bolt. But in order to keep the price down, I will likely not make that offering. I actually tested both, and the 1/2 bolt is far superior for this application, and will not wear out either.

#28 47 days ago

Agreed with earlier poster... all of the lock ins should be hand-settable... having to use a wrench, pliers, lock grips, etc. every time I want to make an alteration just sucks, based on experience with a similar table size rotisserie as your current version. I changed out to screwable knobs, similar to those used for a water faucet.

#29 47 days ago

I'm in for one.

#30 47 days ago

wrd1972 - two questions from me:

#1 - newbie question, sorry. I've never used a rotisserie or seen one in person yet, but after doing my first playfield tear down/repair this year I know I want one now. How does the playfield actually physically get mounted onto the rotisserie? Clamps? Can you show a picture?
    #2 - where's the order form?

#31 47 days ago

Thank you for your answers! Great description and looks like its well put together!

Thank you

#32 47 days ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

wrd1972 - two questions from me:
    #1 - newbie question, sorry. I've never used a rotisserie or seen one in person yet, but after doing my first playfield tear down/repair this year I know I want one now. How does the playfield actually physically get mounted onto the rotisserie? Clamps? Can you show a picture?
    #2 - where's the order form?

Good question.
    For basic EM and early 80's solid-state playfields. You can use some basic c-clamps to attach the PF to the rotating brackets. Those are pretty straight forward.

For more modern playfields that have a very tall back wall such as the Fire as seen in the above pics. I had to drill holes in the rotating brackets and then screw the PF down in the back. You could also use tall c-clamps as well but at some point, they might impede rotation just a bit. Or lastly, you can just disassemble whatever it takes to avoid using screws, and revert back to the standard c-clamps.

If I decide to do this, I will NOT be drilling holes in the rotating brackets again to keep the cost down. But you could very easily do this yourself based on your needs.

Quoted from rufessor:

Thank you for your answers! Great description and looks like its well put together!
    Thank you

Your very welcome.

#33 47 days ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

I bought the similar one from marco and sent it back immediately because of quality.
    I would be in on this one.

Could you please expand on this? I would love to hear what the issue was as to ensure the best possible tool

#34 47 days ago

Ill buy one. I think I bought one from you but I could use a second one.

#35 47 days ago
    Quoted from wrd1972:

Could you please expand on this? I would love to hear what the issue was as to ensure the best possible tool

I believe that it was flimsy.

#36 47 days ago

I would definitely be interested in one. Also open to the community providing any tips on modding it. While I understand the bolt won't wear out, having to grab a wrench anytime I want to lock/unlock would get real old real fast.

#37 47 days ago

Nice looking setup Bill.

I think if you wanted you could offer it with like a 2" long piece of round bar centered and welded to the top of your 1/2" bolt for a quick and easy handle, then you could still use an open ended wrench if you really wanted to tighten it up.

When I built my setup (wood not metal) I didn't bother with cross bars at all, but simply screw the ends down to my work table. I, of course, have a table top with a replaceable surface you can screw into.

#38 47 days ago
    Quoted from dung:

having to grab a wrench anytime I want to lock/unlock would get real old real fast.

I originally used some ready made handles at my hardware store only to swap out for eye bolts.
    This post mentions 1/4 - 20 but I upsized to 3/8.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-quick-and-dirty-rotisserie-guide/page/2#post-665708

I like the eye bolt as it is pretty easy to tighten by hand or use any handy straight implement to torque down.

1 (resized).jpgeyebolt (resized).jpg
    #39 47 days ago

Looks great - put me on the list!

#40 47 days ago

I'd be in.

#41 47 days ago

Looks like you are going to be busy.

#42 47 days ago

Okay the interest is there for sure. I am now starting the process of sourcing materials to see if that price point can be met. Still looking at this thing from a "bare bones" perspective, so its still not likely to have any hand-knobs included.

I understand the thinking of the hand-knob being a convenience. But I really want to avoid any cost adders if possible. I would much rather put that money towards better quality materials.

Again anyone can add a hand knob at a later date if they choose. But if I really thought it was a big benefit, I would have it on mine. I just lay the wrench under the rotisserie and its easily accessible when needed. Plus I have found that I am not really constantly rotating the thing anyway. It just tends to stay in one position most of the time when I am reconditioning playfields.

I guess I could "consider" a Limited Edition painted rotisserie with your choice of graphics, hand-knobs as well as a numbered plaque. But if you have to ask what it would cost - you cant afford it. Premium model might be slightly cheaper though.

#43 47 days ago

Here is something I don't like about the one I have. It doesn't turn very easily when a PF is clamped down to it. Although that may be just the method I am using to hold it down. I am using aluminum clamps that one would use to hold a camper top down on a pickup. So, for what that is worth.

#44 47 days ago

I'd be in for one as well. Depends on the lead time as I could use one in the next couple of months.

#45 47 days ago

Not sure how many you can build in a month, but those of us going to PinCinnati could save you some shipping expenses. Just a thought.

#46 47 days ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not sure how many you can build in a month, but those of us going to PinCinnati could save you some shipping expenses. Just a thought.

I am planning on being there. How many can your crew vouch for?

#47 47 days ago

For experienced users of a roto: Is a floor stand or table top better? Ergonomics, slip etc.

#48 47 days ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

For experienced users of a roto: Is a floor stand or table top better? Ergonomics, slip etc.

It's all about your working space. Not everyone has that much free table space to work with to put one or two PFs out... and then still have space for all their stuff.

I liked the rolling rack for that reason.. I could move around it easy enough and move it out of the way when needed.

Being able to work on a PF from either side is a big bonus too.

#49 47 days ago
    Quoted from wrd1972:

I am planning on being there. How many can your crew vouch for?

I'm a one man crew lol.
    Looking through this thread, looks like about 3-4 of us are Midwesterners. If you or I post in the PinCinnati thread, you'd prob get a better gauge. I'm guessing you could sell 10 easily.

#50 47 days ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Was that a full sentence?!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 19.99
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 156.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside