Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I've seen a lot of under cabinet light mods, but none that have the option of turning on a constant light. I've developed a board that does this and thought I'd see if there is any interest before I begin producing them.

This is a multi-color flasher that allows you to connect each color to the flashers you choose. It also gives you the option of turning on one color that will remain on while the games is powered up. That constant light will also flash with its connected flasher.

I'd love to get some feedback on functionality and also see if there is interest in this product. Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

Any thoughts on this?

#3 8 years ago

Sorry. But I want interactive.

#4 8 years ago

I personally enjoy the undercab lights on my AFM that flash different colors for different modes by being tied into flashers. I honestly don't think I would want a light constantly on, as the brief time they flash makes it more of a special event kinda thing.

#5 8 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Can you explain what you mean by "interactive"? I like creating mods and I'm always looking for ideas.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    Can you explain what you mean by "interactive"? I like creating mods and I'm always looking for ideas.

All sorts of ways to do it....a PIG2 can trigger lights from all sorts of things....flashers, solenoids, switch closures, etc.

That's how I do interactive.....and Chris makes some great plug and play kits for straight ahead approach, I use those too

I like under glow along w interactive...just depends on the game....

#7 8 years ago

From what I saw in the video, this IS interactive, with the add on of a steady led.

The lights flashed with the action on the game, and the stay on kept the area lit.

I like the idea of the ambient light in my social room the bottom light would provide.

#8 8 years ago

You may wish to reach me next week privately, as Rocks Custom Pinball, Myself, and Frank, Flecom on the board,
    have a board coming out in a couple months, that has undergone a year of testing, and has full interactive user controlled
    colors, and triggers.
    8 signals in and 4 controlled out, 3 dedicated.
    They are available right now in advanced models, but we are waiting on harnesses, for mass plug and play release.

I certainly dont wish to discourage you...its all good, yours could be better, less expensive, or offer different options.

As this thread is to gather interest, Id feel real bad if you didnt know, and started your work, time, and money,
    if something is hitting the market that may or may not have an impact on your decision.

My apologies, for jumping in this way...I am happy to share more about ours, and in that regard, youll know how yours
    might fit the market with better planning.

#9 8 years ago

My personal opinion is simply wanting a constantly on and colored undercab light that is not too bright so it softly lights the room a bit in its own shade. The new LED ones out seem to be a bit too bright/harsh versus the older cathode tubes that made the game look like it was softly floating on a cloud of light. I miss that soft lighting we used to be able to get with ends already on them to simply plug into the game.

I love flashing lights on a game but feel that having multiple games being played in the room at one time with flashing lights outside the box also is just too much shit going on at one time for a basement that is also used for watching TV and general entertaining. In a commercial arcade it would be OK though.

#10 8 years ago

Thanks for the input guys.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My apologies, for jumping in this way...I am happy to share more about ours, and in that regard, youll know how yours might fit the market with better planning.

This is exactly why I created the post. I'm excited to see what you guys have come up with.

7 months later
    #11 8 years ago

I am wanting to do Red.....White......and Blue interactive undercab lighting for my F 14 Tomcat. Any suggestions?

#12 8 years ago

Pm sent, I can possibly help you out.

#13 8 years ago

There are an assortment of different ways to do this. From Comet, right at this moment, you can achieve this fast and inexpensive in either 6.3V or 12V or a mixture of both.

Using either a 6.3V matrix Bulb, or a 12V matrix flasher, any light that you want that blinks, or flasher that flashes, can be plug and play tapped to a strip, Pad, or Bulb. They can be split several times for placement below, in back or on top of a game.

Roughly around $5-$6, per color per connection or less.

The more robust version, is in the new owners hands, and can be done off any high voltage event....pops, flippers, with 20Watt of RGB one Bulb output!

You can reach Ryan and Janet at Comet for updates, but Ive left them with a complete to go beginning batch, so there should be a release
    soon.

Consider the brightness you want and how often/under which events youd like the affect, and give it a shot!

You can accomplish a great deal with $25, test in minutes, and move to any game, any event in the future!

http://www.cometpinball.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1871

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.