• Green 24 votes
    12%
  • Purple 22 votes
    11%
  • Pink 11 votes
    5%
  • Orange 13 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 208 votes by 93 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0616192006b (resized).jpg
0616192006 (resized).jpg
0616192006a (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image3 (resized).jpeg
image4 (resized).jpeg
image2 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180116-094153 (resized).png
ScaredStiff-09 (resized).jpg
938e07c07fd40eacfe32994b6572351ec9fe78a0 (resized).jpg
IMG_8973 (resized).JPG
test 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_8261 (resized).JPG
IMG_1679 (resized).JPG
ColorNutZ (10) (resized).JPG
ColorNutZ (6) (resized).JPG
There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Metric...they wont work.

some metric threads are identical to "standard" threads

#102 6 years ago

True, but when I ordered these around a year ago, they did not thread on a 6-32 post.

Perhaps something has changed.

Anyway, Ops thread.

#103 6 years ago

This whole thing started because I was looking for a colored lock nut for personal use and could only find metric nuts available. Using a conversion chart I ordered the closest nut available and was disappointed to find they didn't fit. After thinking about it for a while I went ahead and had some #6 nuts made. I've got a new batch of #6 and #8 coming in the next few days

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

This whole thing started because I was looking for a colored lock nut for personal use and could only find metric nuts available. Using a conversion chart I ordered the closest nut available and was disappointed to find they didn't fit. After thinking about it for a while I went ahead and had some #6 nuts made. I've got a new batch of #6 and #8 coming in the next few days

I think that is how most of us end up with "little businesses" associated with the pinball hobby. Need something - can't find it - figure out a way to get it - then decide to try selling it to others who might be looking for the same thing. Sadly over time this seems to take some of the fun out of a hobby.

I think the nuts are a neat idea but if I put them on most of my machines the nuts would look nicer then my machine.

Best of luck to you with this!

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

Sweet I plan to put an order in for my games, especially for my Goldeneye restore, gold nuts & bolts

#106 6 years ago

Here's a preview of some of what will be landing on the site tomorrow morning

test 2 (resized).jpgtest 2 (resized).jpg

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

Where is the best place to buy these for international orders?

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

Credit card ready...

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Where is the best place to buy these for international orders?

For the new, no flange nuts, Chromapinball.com. Shipping to just about anywhere is usually affordable as the product is very lightweight. They'll be on the site this afternoon once I get finished up with my day job stuff

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

For the new, no flange nuts, Chromapinball.com. Shipping to just about anywhere is usually affordable as the product is very lightweight. They'll be on the site this afternoon once I get finished up with my day job stuff

You should talk to Spooky about supplying them for TNA. You've got all those "Miami Vice" colors right there! Would fit that machine's color scheme *perfectly*

1 month later
#111 6 years ago

For all you nut lovers out there we've got something new available. We now carry color anodized lock nuts in both #6-32 and #8-32 sizes with color matched nylon inserts.

You can get them at chromapinball.com and, as always, pinsiders can save 15% at checkout with the discount code PINSIDE15.

IMG_8973 (resized).JPGIMG_8973 (resized).JPG

#112 6 years ago

Much better with the color matching insert

#114 6 years ago

Just ordered the full boat (20 of each) of these. Thanks for the Pinside discount. Let us know when the colored nylon inserts for the 8-32's come in.

938e07c07fd40eacfe32994b6572351ec9fe78a0 (resized).jpg938e07c07fd40eacfe32994b6572351ec9fe78a0 (resized).jpg

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

For all you nut lovers out there we've got something new available. We now carry color anodized lock nuts in both #6-32 and #8-32 sizes with color matched nylon inserts.
You can get them at chromapinball.com and, as always, pinsiders can save 15% at checkout with the discount code PINSIDE15.

If you dont mind a suggestion, grab a Star Wars, and take some pics!

Let people know how many are needed!

#116 6 years ago

I don't see the mixed color lot anymore on the site. Was this a short time thing?

#117 6 years ago

It would be great to have some color matched 6/32 and 8/32 in black.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I don't see the mixed color lot anymore on the site. Was this a short time thing?

They switched over to 10 or 20 of each color. Not sure when though. I got 20 of each color so I could do multiple games. Not sure where I'll use the pink on the games I have. Oh well.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

It would be great to have some color matched 6/32 and 8/32 in black.

Why?
https://www.mcmaster.com/#hex-nuts/=198vu9m
Are you saying you'd like black nuts with black nylon?
IF so; you know you can Dye the nylon yourself; right?
http://www.wikihow.com/Dye-Nylon

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

They switched over to 10 or 20 of each color. Not sure when though. I got 20 of each color so I could do multiple games. Not sure where I'll use the pink on the games I have. Oh well.

Be sure to put up some pics Paul

Pink...hmmm Elvis or Austin Powers come to mind.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

We now carry color anodized lock nuts in both #6-32 and #8-32 sizes with color matched nylon inserts

Genius!

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Be sure to put up some pics Paul
Pink...hmmm Elvis or Austin Powers come to mind.

I sure will. They would work with those games.

2 months later
#123 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Why?
https://www.mcmaster.com/#hex-nuts/=198vu9m
Are you saying you'd like black nuts with black nylon?
IF so; you know you can Dye the nylon yourself; right?
http://www.wikihow.com/Dye-Nylon

Even if Mcmaster DID have black (matched insert or not...), I can't understand why Chroma wouldn't make/carry their own.

I, for one, would like knowing the finish type matches my other ones.

And a BIG plus is being able to order all from the same place.

I will admit, I was excited about these from the start, but did not order any when they wound up having flanges....then, still didn't order any because I kept waiting to see the nice, deep, shiny, glossy, annodized black ones...really surprised since black is still second highest voted color...ohh well.

#124 6 years ago

Just saw this! Cool! I need a few for my Scared Stiff!

1 week later
#125 6 years ago

Hi. Are these still available? I sent a few questions and never got an answer. I need the nuts for Scared Stiff. (all green) What is the size I need for the ones with the red arrows....

ScaredStiff-09 (resized).jpgScaredStiff-09 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#126 6 years ago

Anyone have any insight on using these lock nuts? If you installed some, would you recommend them? Flange or no flange recommended? I wish they came in 10 nut portions for the 6-32. Some vendors you can customize the quantity for each color, but seems that all of those are outside the US. Anyone in the US offer quantity custom orders?

Just looking for advice as these have been out in the field now for awhile...

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anyone have any insight on using these lock nuts? If you installed some, would you recommend them? Flange or no flange recommended? I wish they came in 10 nut portions for the 6-32. Some vendors you can customize the quantity for each color, but seems that all of those are outside the US. Anyone in the US offer quantity custom orders?
Just looking for advice as these have been out in the field now for awhile...

I have #6 and #8 no flange on my Jack Bot and they look and work great. They are nylocks so they work just like any other nylocks. On a virgin nut I run them on a seperate screw first which gives them a thread then I put them on a game, that way they won't pull the screw out if you try to take them off.

#128 6 years ago

I contacted the company a few times with questions, but got no reply.....

#129 6 years ago

Hmmm, last seen on pinside November 14.
Hope the OP is Ok!

Screenshot_20180116-094153 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180116-094153 (resized).png

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Hmmm, last seen on pinside November 14.
Hope the OP is Ok!

Yeah!
If anyone has a few Green ones they can spare for my Scared Stiff, let me know....

#132 6 years ago

I bought them and they look fantastic (installed red and blue on IM). Couple of comments. I ordered the ones that do NOT have color matched nylon interior but received color matched instead. BE CAREFUL installing - the slightest touch of your nut driver or wrench will remove the anodizing at the raised areas of the nut. If these will be taken on and off regularly, they would soon look terrible. If left alone they look super

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

BE CAREFUL installing - the slightest touch of your nut driver or wrench will remove the anodizing at the raised areas of the nut. If these will be taken on and off regularly, they would soon look terrible. If left alone they look super

Reason enough for me to stay with the factory nuts.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mezel sells them...

Thanks!

2 months later
#135 6 years ago

Chroma Colored nuts with the colored nylon on GOTG.

image2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpeg

image4 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpeg

image3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpeg

#136 6 years ago

I just ordered some off of eBay for 51 cents a piece. But they are being sent from China so I'll let you know how they look next month when they get delivered.

2 months later
#137 5 years ago

Is chroma no longer selling them?

#138 5 years ago

They seem to still have a website and mezelmods still shows them in stock:
https://mezelmods.com/search?q=chroma

but it appears that 51cents is 20cents cheaper than the 20pack price.

4 months later
#139 5 years ago

You guys should do 6-32 bolts too!

2 months later
#140 5 years ago

So is this guy out of business? I placed an order on 12/27 and nothing... took my money, but I cannot get a response from them at all.

#141 5 years ago

Looks like your out the dough... been gone almost a year.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#142 5 years ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

So is this guy out of business? I placed an order on 12/27 and nothing... took my money, but I cannot get a response from them at all.

Tilt Graphics sells them, Joe may be able to help you contacting them. Give him a shout.

#145 5 years ago

Thanks for the plug Paul.
Yes we still have plenty of these at TiltGraphicsInc.com

If you're ordering from China take note that nylon inserts will be white.
The Chromanuts we sell have matching color nylon inserts.

#146 5 years ago

Classy.

Quoted from jGraffix:

TiltGraphicsInc.com

#147 5 years ago

Hmmmmmm….. how long will that last...……...

#148 5 years ago

What do you mean by *that*?
Sorry, couldn't resist...

#149 5 years ago

*That* refers to the tee shirt ad, I posted a cartoon that was suggestive and I was censored within minutes but, as you can see *that* is still here. Hey not in any way saying Pacman was wrong or hurting anyone or thing with the posting as I found it humorous, simply pointing out that there are different *levels* of censorship being applied pinsider to pinsider...……...

4 months later
#150 4 years ago

Do these nuts chip, or get dinged during installation? They look fragile. I want a bunch of green for WOZ ECLE, how is the green color, good match?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-colorful-nylon-insert-lock-nuts/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.