• Green 24 votes
    12%
  • Purple 22 votes
    11%
  • Pink 11 votes
    5%
  • Orange 13 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 208 votes by 93 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0616192006b (resized).jpg
0616192006 (resized).jpg
0616192006a (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image3 (resized).jpeg
image4 (resized).jpeg
image2 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180116-094153 (resized).png
ScaredStiff-09 (resized).jpg
938e07c07fd40eacfe32994b6572351ec9fe78a0 (resized).jpg
IMG_8973 (resized).JPG
test 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_8261 (resized).JPG
IMG_1679 (resized).JPG
ColorNutZ (10) (resized).JPG
ColorNutZ (6) (resized).JPG
There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

Hey Pinsiders,

I'm looking to see if there is any interest in colored locknuts to replace the boring standard #6-32 nylon lock nuts we use on our games.

I've got two options to show you guys. One is the standard locknut we all know and the other features a small flange for a more robust look. The lock nuts in the picture are not the right size but if there was sufficient interest it's something I could bring to the market relatively quickly. Let me know what you guys thing and please pick your favorite colors in the poll.

Additionally, there is a possibility that the white nylon could be color matched to the nut if that's something people were interested in.

Thanks for taking a look!

GS-color-aluminium-alloy-Nylon-Insert-Hex (resized).jpgGS-color-aluminium-alloy-Nylon-Insert-Hex (resized).jpg
Hex-Flange-Nylon-Lock-Nut (resized).jpgHex-Flange-Nylon-Lock-Nut (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Black, without the wing on them, is already available from McMaster-Carr. So, I would focus on the other colors.

#3 7 years ago

How do they look? I have some black ones with blackish nylon I grabbed from Home Depot that are pretty decent. Color is definitely the priority

#4 7 years ago

are they anodized?

#6 7 years ago

The more I look at these the more I like them. I'm sure primary colors would get the most interest.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

How do they look? I have some black ones with blackish nylon I grabbed from Home Depot that are pretty decent. Color is definitely the priority

I'll grab a pic when i get home. I love 'em. They're semi-glosssy, so they do reflect some light.

#8 7 years ago

Pretty cool! I like em

#9 7 years ago

I would use them , color dependant on the specific game!

#10 7 years ago

I'm in

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Black, without the wing on them, is already available from McMaster-Carr. So, I would focus on the other colors.

Clean shiney Black anodized like these??

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

Hey Pinsiders,
I'm looking to see if there is any interest in colored locknuts to replace the boring standard #6-32 nylon lock nuts we use on our games.
I've got two options to show you guys. One is the standard locknut we all know and the other features a small flange for a more robust look. The lock nuts in the picture are not the right size but if there was sufficient interest it's something I could bring to the market relatively quickly. Let me know what you guys thing and please pick your favorite colors in the poll.
Additionally, there is a possibility that the white nylon could be color matched to the nut if that's something people were interested in.
Thanks for taking a look!

Nice looking!!!! Are you looking to like start with most wanted color or 2 then progress to other colors?

Obviously, pricing is a big interest gauge for many people.

#13 7 years ago

I would buy for sure. Black, blue and red being the colors I see myself using the most of.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Nice looking!!!! Are you looking to like start with most wanted color or 2 then progress to other colors?
Obviously, pricing is a big interest gauge for many people.

Minimum order requirement is pretty high to have these made but I can have a fair amount of color variants. If I do go ahead with it I could have up to 8 colors available right away.

I'm open to what the community thinks is a fair price. Also looking for desired quantity.

#15 7 years ago

Also looking for specific color feedback. For example, I think the green is too light in the sample and would probably go a little darker myself.

#16 7 years ago

I believe what mcmaster carries is black oxide...very different from what you are offering and not something I would want to order (mcmasters I mean).

I would bet you will see black anodized voted for a lot.

#17 7 years ago

Looks good...

Personally, I would want to match the nut to the surrounding area's color as best as possible, and probably the black anodized would be a winner regardless.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Clean shiney Black anodized like these??

Looks like it, yeah! Even the nylon part is black, from memory. Will double-check tonight. Either way, I used them on TZ and it looks really good, IMHO. At least, better than the chrome/light ones.

#19 7 years ago

Darker blue than what's show would be nice... also I could see a good bit of opportunity for a more goldish yellow ( the pic looks more mustard to me)

#20 7 years ago

Cutom nylon insert color is kinda neat idea...be it black, a matching color, or even a secondary color. Like purple anodized nut, but black nylon insert

#21 7 years ago

Very cool! I would definitely order some if they get made.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Looks good...
Personally, I would want to match the nut to the surrounding area's color as best as possible, and probably the black anodized would be a winner regardless.

I agree. There is a better gold color on the Pantone chart that I prefer. Same for blue. Thanks for the feedback!

#23 7 years ago

Great, not only do we have to color match inserts, but now we're gonna have to match plastics to nuts?

Honestly, though, I can't see how these WON'T be a huge seller. A fantastic idea!

#24 7 years ago

Are these aluminum for the adonization... or are you somehow anodizing steel?
I would honestly love to carry these on my website if you need a partner to cover some of the risk of minimum orders.

#25 7 years ago

I'd buy a shitload of red and yellow

#27 7 years ago

How much? Where can I get them? When will they be available?

#28 7 years ago

Working on pricing now. They're much more expensive to produce that the standard 6-32 locknuts. Right now I'm looking at approximately 75 cents each.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Building an iron man suit?

#30 7 years ago

Meh .75 isn't bad. Was hoping for an even .50 but prob only need maybe 10 to 20 per game.. nice 15 buck mod

#31 7 years ago

Color wise; I agree that the lime green is too lime. I'd go for something more forest green like this:
http://www.anodizeworld.com/green-anodizing-dye.html
Green E-AEN
but the lime green might be cool on a machine like Ghostbusters.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Color wise; I agree that the lime green is too lime. I'd go for something more forest green like this:
http://www.anodizeworld.com/green-anodizing-dye.html
Green E-AEN
but the lime green might be cool on a machine like Ghostbusters.

Ya, green is touchy...I love me some bright green, but would only work for certain machines.....likewise too dark a green may not appeal. If it was only 1 green choice, it would be tough.

That forrest green does look nice as a middle of the road.

#33 7 years ago

Thanks for all your input, guys! We'll be moving forward with production this week of the first batch in black, red, blue, gold, and purple. Green is on hold for now, but I hope to do a run of it in the near future. I'll provide updates as we move closer to having them available for sale.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

Thanks for all your input, guys! We'll be moving forward with production this week of the first batch in black, red, blue, gold, and purple. Green is on hold for now, but I hope to do a run of it in the near future. I'll provide updates as we move closer to having them available for sale.

I need the green.

#35 7 years ago

cannot wait, Ill order as soon as you post

Fantastic and thank you

#36 7 years ago

Quoted from Skins:

Building an iron man suit?

No, he clearly stated that he will order mostly brown ones, some red, some yellow

#37 7 years ago

What a great idea - cant wait to see what a game looks like blinged out!

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

Red and Gold baby!! I'll take at least 20-30 of each, prob more. Hell I'm so demented, I put colored rubbers on the underside of the playfield and would put red and gold nuts under the playfield after the top ones are done too.

#40 7 years ago

I was looking into these a few months ago, but only found metric.

If its of any help, make sure that you dont end up with M3, which wont fit a 6-32,
I understand M3.5 is equal, but didnt find in Production.

3 weeks later
#41 7 years ago

Any progress on these?

#42 7 years ago

These are 6-32. We'll be ready to start shipping these soon!

IMG_7136 (resized).JPGIMG_7136 (resized).JPG

IMG_7137 (resized).JPGIMG_7137 (resized).JPG

#43 7 years ago

Awesome only just seen this thread, I would definitely be interested in red and yellow/gold for my Ironman and mix of light and dark blue for my STLE.

#45 7 years ago

I'll take a bag of red and a bag of yellow

#46 7 years ago

These look like you are doing them with the flange at the bottom.
Did you get any without the flange?

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

These look like you are doing them with the flange at the bottom.
Did you get any without the flange?

+1

I am interested in the flangless kind

#48 7 years ago

+2 , any w/o the flange?

#49 7 years ago

+3 without flange

#50 7 years ago

+4 no flange

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 218.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-colorful-nylon-insert-lock-nuts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.