Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PPS
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1365 (resized).JPG
ccproto2_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoMonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I'm gauging interest on having the original Cactus Canyon Collector's Plaques and Saloon Doors reproduced. While these would be reproductions, they would be cast from the original molds. The plaques would be produced by the original manufacturer.

If you have any interest in either of these, please send me a PM and I will add you to a list which I will keep updated on this post.

For either of these to be run, there needs to be enough interest for it to make sense. Here are the details I have from Rick:

Collector's Plaque:

• You can order a blank plate without a number engraved.
  • You don't have to have a Cactus Canyon. If you just want one for decoration, etc. that's an option.
  • At around 100 people, the cost is at or less than $100. If that goal isn't reached, they can still be run but will likely be more expensive.
  • May have some engraving on the backside to indicate that these are reproductions.

Saloon Doors:

• These are the doors only; not the mechanism.
  • Don't have information on price just yet; still working out some details
  • Rick is looking into find the original plans for the Saloon Door mech.

Why am I involved?:
I am not associated with the production nor sale of these products. I am just an enthusiast that truly enjoys this machine thanks to Eric's hard work!

As some of you know, I had started a thread to help other's find their respective collector's plaques for their Cactus Canyon machines; found here. This eventually led to talks of reproduction which I began to investigate. I have been in contact with many AWESOME pinside members including Swinks, toyotaboy, and BackAlleyMatt; all of which were gracious enough to offer their services in reproducing these plaques. In the end there were copyright issues and all efforts had to be stopped which led to this avenue. I would like to personally thank all involved in trying to help create an affordable alternative for something that should have come with these machines to begin with!

Ultimately, I got in touch with Rick at PPS and, by the power of our fellow pinsider, Ballypinball, he was able to connect with the original manufacturer's of the plates. During this time, Rick was also able to find the original saloon door molds which he is also inclined to reproduce given enough interest.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Any more info on the saloon doors and orginal location?

Not yet, I'll let you know once I hear more on these.

Quoted from PiperPinball:

And the manual notes something about gun flashers? So we made these last night on my #402

These are AWESOME. Could you share what is involved in creating this mod and integrating it into the machine? I'd definitely like to add this to mine; Great work!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

IMHO the saloon doors wouldn't be worth doing. I think they got removed in the whitewood phase for a reason.
And finally: $100+ for a tiny square of metal with some writing molded in? REALLY?

Seriously, why do you always come along and post such negative comments on other people's threads? It's almost all I ever see you do lately. I get it, you don't like the plaques, their price, whatever. If you're going to share your opinion, why not convey it in a way that isn't so damn cynical? I'm not meaning to be a jerk; It's just discouraging for the people that are either excited about this or have worked hard to try to help others obtain their plaque for significantly less than $200-$300.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Re: gun flashers - does you game NOT have flashers under the guns? Mine does. They're just standard flasher bulbs mounted on the apron under the barrel.

I'm actually not sure if my game has flashers installed or not (at work atm), but will check when I get home. I had just assumed they didn't after PiperPinball's post.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm entirely unable to process how anyone would willfully spend that kind of money on a (not the real original mind you) square metal marker that doesn't do, or mean, anything at all. It's insane.

Sure, it may not be the original, but it is literally cast from the exact same mold by the exact same manufacturer as the originals. That's about as close as anyone is going to get without waiting for who knows how long for their original plaque to turn up. To me, it seems like an entirely sane solution to an insane problem.

Quoted from epthegeek:

And I honestly don't think the saloon doors are worth doing. I don't think they'll make the game any more fun, and the ones that were on the single whitewood that had them were pretty ugly. The only thing they can do is close in front of the Bart Brother, so that you bang on the door and get rejected instead of hitting bart or falling into the saloon kicker (Because actual saloon doors are often barricaded/locked?). I don't think smashing into a two part wall and having the ball dribble back at you or airball into other parts and break them is any good or fun. That's just my opinion.

From a gameplay standpoint, I agree. I think they were removed for reasons similar to what you describe however I think people may still be interested in having them if only for novelty. I'm not even sure how easily the mechanism could be added to the production game. I assume holes would need to be cut, etc. to actually try to install them? It's not something I'd be after, but I can't deny I wouldn't mind having the saloon doors just for the sake of it.

#16 3 years ago

Bump for the evening crowd.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Just make it able for us to tell the difference.
Magicchiz

Rick mentioned possibly stamping the back of the reproductions to indicate they are not originals but I can't say for sure where he landed on that decision. I'll ping him on Monday and see what the plan is there.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I'm actually not sure if my game has flashers installed or not (at work atm), but will check when I get home. I had just assumed they didn't after PiperPinball's post.

So I had a look and my game doesn't have the flashers in the guns either.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Check under the apron for any wiring

I'll have a look and see if anything is hiding under the apron and get back to you.

Quoted from sk8ball:

I have a proto CC and the playfield is routed for the saloon mech though it doesn't look as if it were ever installed. It looks as if WMS put a metal plate over the holes and a metal flap on top to cover the big holes needed for the mech.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,099.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
$ 244.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoMonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside