I'm gauging interest on having the original Cactus Canyon Collector's Plaques and Saloon Doors reproduced. While these would be reproductions, they would be cast from the original molds. The plaques would be produced by the original manufacturer.
If you have any interest in either of these, please send me a PM and I will add you to a list which I will keep updated on this post.
For either of these to be run, there needs to be enough interest for it to make sense. Here are the details I have from Rick:
- You can order a blank plate without a number engraved.
- You don't have to have a Cactus Canyon. If you just want one for decoration, etc. that's an option.
- At around 100 people, the cost is at or less than $100. If that goal isn't reached, they can still be run but will likely be more expensive.
- May have some engraving on the backside to indicate that these are reproductions.
- These are the doors only; not the mechanism.
- Don't have information on price just yet; still working out some details
- Rick is looking into find the original plans for the Saloon Door mech.
Why am I involved?:
I am not associated with the production nor sale of these products. I am just an enthusiast that truly enjoys this machine thanks to Eric's hard work!
As some of you know, I had started a thread to help other's find their respective collector's plaques for their Cactus Canyon machines; found here. This eventually led to talks of reproduction which I began to investigate. I have been in contact with many AWESOME pinside members including Swinks, toyotaboy, and BackAlleyMatt; all of which were gracious enough to offer their services in reproducing these plaques. In the end there were copyright issues and all efforts had to be stopped which led to this avenue. I would like to personally thank all involved in trying to help create an affordable alternative for something that should have come with these machines to begin with!
Ultimately, I got in touch with Rick at PPS and, by the power of our fellow pinsider, Ballypinball, he was able to connect with the original manufacturer's of the plates. During this time, Rick was also able to find the original saloon door molds which he is also inclined to reproduce given enough interest.