2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by HOOKED
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I own a 7 bedroom cabin in Gatlinburg, TN on the overnight rental market. I have a pool table in there but thinking about adding a game or two. If I do, I probably will get a 60-1 JAMA cabinet as that has a lot of games with a small footprint and relatively inexpensive. Also toying with putting a pin in there. I'm an hour from the cabin so if I do go that route I will need to put something very reliable and something hopefully not too expensive. I really don't want to have to run over there and fix the thing very often. Plan would be for games to be on free play.

Any thoughts?

#2 2 years ago

My daughter's dance nationals were there last year (and they both got a couple 1st places!). We stayed at Margaritaville. It was fun. Nationals will be there again next year, so see ya then!
    Also I'm gonna say RR WOZ or ACDC, but only the premium, for our visit.

#3 2 years ago

Maybe a virtual pin, to go along with the 60-in-1 idea?

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Maybe a virtual pin, to go along with the 60-in-1 idea?

Interesting idea. Are they pretty user-friendly? I basically know very little about them.

#5 2 years ago

A virtual pin seems to me like it would just sit unused unless the guests were particularly tech savvy or were already pinheads. A real game would probably be less imposing to the average Joe unless the front end was set up well enough you just plug it in, pick a game and go.

#6 2 years ago

IM all the way. Tough and fun. People of all ages love Marvel. Little to nothing to maintain. Easy call.

#7 2 years ago

Says the guy with the Iron Man icon.

#8 2 years ago

We are getting ready to buy a cabin up there soon as was wondering the same thing. Volunteer do you have someone lined up to service it as I assume you don't want to run down to Gatlinburg to maintain it? I assume you will have it on quarters and not on free play? I wasn't sure which game to put in either, but definitely wanted at least 1. Plus it would be fun to have there when our family goes up that way. I have parents in Kodak and we go up there several times a year.

Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I own a 7 bedroom cabin in Gatlinburg, TN on the overnight rental market. I have a pool table in there but thinking about adding a game or two. If I do, I probably will get a 60-1 JAMA cabinet as that has a lot of games with a small footprint and relatively inexpensive. Also toying with putting a pin in there. I'm an hour from the cabin so if I do go that route I will need to put something very reliable and something hopefully not too expensive. I really don't want to have to run over there and fix the thing very often. Plan would be for games to be on free play.
    Any thoughts?

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from CentiZen:

A virtual pin seems to me like it would just sit unused unless the guests were particularly tech savvy or were already pinheads. A real game would probably be less imposing to the average Joe unless the front end was set up well enough you just plug it in, pick a game and go.

Agreed. A Virtual pin is a PC with PC problems to mess from time to time. It would be a maintenance headache because the hard drive crashed. Or the VP program crashed.

Just get a cheap early solid state pin with some play field wear and flakey back glass. Be conservative with the tilt bob so they won't shake it death.

#10 2 years ago

When we owned a chalet there, we placed an air hockey table in it. The guests liked it but it got destroyed quickly. There's no way I'd put a pin in. A virtual pin - maybe - but definitely not a real one.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from maffewl:

When we owned a chalet there, we placed an air hockey table in it. The guests liked it but it got destroyed quickly. There's no way I'd put a pin in. A virtual pin - maybe - but definitely not a real one.

My concern for sure. That is why I think a JAMA cab is a pretty safe thing overall without a lot of maintenance and pretty low cost. Thanks for the input on that one. Does make me think twice about it.

#12 2 years ago

Gottlieb system 3. Wipeout, to go along with skiing there. They are tanks, dont need much maintenance, and if it breaks, youre not out a lot of money

#13 2 years ago

I will need to put something very reliable

You must not have read the OP?

#14 2 years ago

I find em pins hold up really well. Get one that has lots of drops and novice players will love it.

#15 2 years ago

My concern for sure. That is why I think a JAMA cab is a pretty safe thing overall without a lot of maintenance and pretty low cost. Thanks for the input on that one. Does make me think twice about it.

Multicades are quite common there as I'm sure you know. I'd have no hesitation with that.

Edit: I'd also think twice about anything that could possibly break if butt cheeks were resting on it, such as pinball glass. Just sayin'.

#16 2 years ago

System 3 - rock solid and cheap. I saw a SF2 on ebay for $900.
    Want something more fun and challenging Stargate.
    Or maybe a cheaper system 11 like WW or ES.

VP - I have tried to play a few and its just not pinball to me...great idea just cant get past the feel (or lack there of) of it.

In a rental would not go over 2500.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 18.95
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 9.95
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 18.95
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 64.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside