Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sheahan2
  • Topic is favorited by 90 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190710_104838 (resized).jpg
    PINBALL PARTS 2017 (resized).jpg
    INDIVIDUAL PINBALL PARTS FLYER 2017 (resized).jpg
    iq8v45 (resized).jpg
    100_6051 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2273 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2276 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2275 (resized).JPG
    l brackets and shooter lane arch 1 (resized).jpg
    outlane side rail right and shooter lane arch (resized).jpg
    L Bracket orig (resized).jpg
    5f38d3e54b2b6209ff3bca54e117155d667e3eb5_(resized).jpg
    INDIVIDUAL_PINBALL_PARTS_FLYER_2016s.jpg
    IMG_2456.jpg
    pACE3-997804enh-z7.jpg
    image-71.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider travish.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Vid, I like your idea here but I have a The question about Strikes and Spares.
    First, I thought it might be nice to get a new L Bracket, the one that is there is not bad, just a little beat up (you can't really tell from the picture) and its a beautiful new CPR playfield so I thought what the heck a new one would be nice.

Then I thought might as well get a new shooter lane arch as well. And then, after seeing your post above, sure enough the side rail by the outlane (both sides) is getting torn up so adding additional L brackets would be cool too like you said. But, it is a problem because of the location of the arch as shown here:

The shooter lane arch is sitting in the exact spot where I would need to mount the L bracket to protect that area just to the right of the Special insert. It doesn't look bad in the photo but it is getting beat up just like you said, and a bracket there would be spiffy. I could actually mount the upper hole of the L Bracket with the same screw for the ball arch, but it will look funny because then the left side of the arch will be higher than the right. I guess I could shim the right side up with a washer but I think it will end up not looking nice.
    What is the function of the shooter lane arch anyway? My guess is that it is put there to ensure the proper spacing between the 2 rails for the ball to shoot up through? Can it be moved to a different position? Problem is, there isn't room upward because that plastic extends way up the rail. So I would need to move it down toward the shooter until it cleared the L bracket. Seems like it would be OK but I'm not totally sure about what that arch actually is there for.
    There is another problem too. Wouldn't you want to put an L bracket on both sides to protect that rails by the left and right out lanes? I only see one orientation of the L bracket. You could flip it over and install it on the left side, but then it won't be symmetrical because of the shape of the bracket. The bottom part that extends past the top part will point in the opposite direction. I think it would look strange?
    EDIT - Adding a Photochop!
    Orange arrows show the "add-on" L brackets. The left one is flipped over so it will mount on the rail, It won't match the orientation on the right (I'm too lazy to fix the skew angle on the left one but you can see what I mean).
    Yellow arrow shows the right side L bracket fitted right under the arch. It might look Ok that way but the left side will be elevated just a bit.
    Red arrow shows alternate location for the arch. Of course if I do that, then there will be a hole to patch and paint up above on the right rail where the arch was screwed in, dang it.
    EDIT 2 - fixed the skew angle on the left bracket, can't help myself, too OCD.

Here is what I did on my black knight. Sheared and bent new rail protectors. If you make exact patterns with cereal box type cardboard I can make you some in stainless. If you zoom in on the right side you can see how I cut around the plastic. I could cut out around your "bridge".

IMG_2275 (resized).JPGIMG_2275 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2276 (resized).JPGIMG_2276 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2273 (resized).JPGIMG_2273 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider travish.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gatecrashers-hardware-vids-review?tu=travish and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.