Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sheahan2
  • Topic is favorited by 90 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190710_104838 (resized).jpg
    PINBALL PARTS 2017 (resized).jpg
    INDIVIDUAL PINBALL PARTS FLYER 2017 (resized).jpg
    iq8v45 (resized).jpg
    100_6051 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2273 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2276 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2275 (resized).JPG
    l brackets and shooter lane arch 1 (resized).jpg
    outlane side rail right and shooter lane arch (resized).jpg
    L Bracket orig (resized).jpg
    5f38d3e54b2b6209ff3bca54e117155d667e3eb5_(resized).jpg
    INDIVIDUAL_PINBALL_PARTS_FLYER_2016s.jpg
    IMG_2456.jpg
    pACE3-997804enh-z7.jpg
    image-71.jpg
    There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 8 years ago

No sticky side to glass side, so you can slide the lift channel on. I just suggest layers of electrical tape for my backglass reproductions.

1 week later
    #52 8 years ago

Anyone submit an order in the last two weeks? I tried emailing without a response.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from eh97ac:

Anyone submit an order in the last two weeks? I tried emailing without a response.

same here, i tried 3-4 times, almost 2 weeks now, no answers... but he was here on pinside a few times during those 2 weeks.

oh well.....

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

same here, i tried 3-4 times, almost 2 weeks now, no answers... but he was here on pinside a few times during those 2 weeks.
    oh well.....

I'll try in a couple weeks, hopefully Jeff is on vacation.

2 months later
    #55 8 years ago

Looks like CPR finally released the Bally Old Chicago backglass. Looks like I will be needing some of this stuff.
    Gatecrasher, you still doing these?

#56 8 years ago

He has been hit or miss on communications and his inventory is either good or empty depending on products. Wish he'd get in the game or sell it to another pinhead.

3 months later
    #57 8 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Sticky side facing the channel I would assume.

Yes, I always do it that way.

In 20 years if someone needs to take it apart, they will want to clean the glue out of the channel rather than clean glue off the painted glass.

Just two little tabs will do it, you don't have to run tape down the whole channel.

#58 8 years ago

Odd that you should chime in Vid, I just got a roll of friction tape from McMaster Carr yesterday. No one local to me has it in stock or even has a clue what I am talking about when I ask for "friction tape".
    Now just need to see if Gatecrasher has the 1/8" channels back in stock yet.

That & figure out a good way to tell the wife I picked up another project pin....

#59 8 years ago

I expect to have more lift channels by the end of January. The coin door bolts are now back in stock as well as the rest of the parts.

As for the guys who said they tried to contact me? I apologize if I didn't get back to you. I had thought I responded to every email I received.

Someone was asking about my claim that the stainless steel coin door bolts can be left as-is (which look close to the zinc-plated factory bolts) or can be polished to a chrome-like finish with just a slight buff.

On the left is an unpolished bolt and on the right is one that I polished by using a rag with some chrome polish. Check it out. The picture really doesn't do it justice. It looks like show chrome and they are beautiful. That's why these 18-8 bolts are nice. You can use them for a original-looking restoration or a fancier restification.

IMG_2456.JPGIMG_2456.JPG

There was a slight price increase on the coin door bolts since the last batch I had made 8 years ago but I don't anticipate any increase for the other parts. Here is my latest updated parts flyer for 2016:

INDIVIDUAL PINBALL PARTS FLYER 2016s.jpgINDIVIDUAL PINBALL PARTS FLYER 2016s.jpg

http://oi65.tinypic.com/iq8v45.jpg

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I expect to have more lift channels by the end of January. The coin door bolts are now back in stock as well as the rest of the parts.
    As for the guys who said they tried to contact me? I apologize if I didn't get back to you. I had thought I responded to every email I received.
    Someone was asking about my claim that the stainless steel coin door bolts can be left as-is (which look close to the zinc-plated factory bolts) or can be polished to a chrome-like finish with just a slight buff.
    On the left is an unpolished bolt and on the right is one that I polished by using a rag with some chrome polish. Check it out. The picture really doesn't do it justice. It looks like show chrome and they are beautiful. That's why these 18-8 bolts are nice. You can use them for a original-looking restoration or a fancier restification.
    IMG_2456.JPG
    There was a slight price increase on the coin door bolts since the last batch I had made 8 years ago but I don't anticipate any increase for the other parts. Here is my latest updated parts flyer for 2016:
    INDIVIDUAL PINBALL PARTS FLYER 2016s.jpg
    http://oi65.tinypic.com/iq8v45.jpg

Great, thanks Gate ... can you chime in here when the 1/8" channels arrive? Will be putting in a full game or two order.
    Dasvis

1 month later
    #62 8 years ago

Do you have any new items in development?

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Do you have any new items in development?

There are a few other parts out there I've considered doing but for the immediate future I'm just trying to re-stock all of my stuff after running out of some of it. I'm getting low on others too so I have to do more this summer. I have a few other items that are not on my flyer that I plan to add soon and will post it.

1 week later
    #64 8 years ago

1/8" lift channels are back in stock.
    Ordered the full Monte of SS parts from gate for my old Chicago project. This should motivate me to clean out the garage so I have room to work on it.
    (still need to figure out how to tell the wife.....)

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

1/8" lift channels are back in stock.
    Ordered the full Monte of SS parts from gate for my old Chicago project. This should motivate me to clean out the garage so I have room to work on it.

The 3/16" lift channels are back in stock too.

Like before, when you purchase a new lift channel I throw the matching 3-pc. plastic edge trim for free.

The lift channels are 28.5" long for Bally backglasses but will work for any 1/8" or 3/16" thick backglass and can be cut to custom lengths for no additional charge.

1 week later
    #66 8 years ago

Jeff-
    Parts arrived today. Damn you, they look so good it's going to be tough to make the rest of this Old Chicago beater match the stainless trim parts.
    Thanks - dasvis

#67 8 years ago

I'm glad you received the parts. It seems the US Post Office has been slipping some with their 2-day Priority Mail lately. Almost every one I have shipped has been late.

I'm running low on shooter lane ball stop brackets and arches but am making more. I expect to have the new ones around the end of March or early April.

#68 8 years ago

Slipping indeed! I'm itching to get the new lift bar on my new Sorcerer bg but tracking is still showing my pkg in Grayslake IL since Feb 1st. Damn you USPS!!!

EDIT: My package just arrived (2/10) and the lift bars are beee-yoo-tiful. Highly recommended. And raspberries to USPS - pthffffft!

#69 8 years ago

Got my package up in the great white north.

#70 8 years ago

Received my custom length lift channels and coin door hardware a few days ago.

VERY nice work!

Highly recommend.

Thank you SO much for doing these.

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Slipping indeed! I'm itching to get the new lift bar on my new Sorcerer bg but tracking is still showing my pkg in Grayslake IL since Feb 1st. Damn you USPS!!!
    EDIT: My package just arrived (2/10) and the lift bars are beee-yoo-tiful. Highly recommended. And raspberries to USPS - pthffffft!

I'm glad you finally received the package. It was sent Priority Mail and it took two weeks instead of two days to get there! I called USPS customer service and they never really did say why it was late. I shipped a package to the UK on the same day and it made it there before your domestic package did!

I normally don't have these issues with the USPS. They are usually very good.

And thanks to everyone else for the compliments. I try to do my best for everyone and use all the parts I make myself too so I want them to be good. In the event anyone would not receive a shipment or receive something they don't like, all of my stuff is fully guaranteed for a refund or exchange.

3 months later
    #72 7 years ago

buymp
    Will be ordering some stuff in future soon

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

buymp
    Will be ordering some stuff in future soon

It's good stuff Tom!

#74 7 years ago

Cool products.

I'm about to restore and EBD 81 version and I really appreciate all of gatecrashers contributions in that topic.

This will be my first real restore with a PF swap etc.

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Cool products.
    I'm about to restore and EBD 81 version and I really appreciate all of gatecrashers contributions in that topic.
    This will be my first real restore with a PF swap etc.

EBD uses almost all of my signature parts:

>1/8" stainless steel lift channel + plastic edge trim
    >Shooter lane arch
    >Shooter lane outhole ball stop "L" bracket
    >Coin door bolts

Complete package $40.96 + $8.95 shipping via USPS Priority Mail

$49.91 Total

#76 7 years ago

I have been purchasing these lift channels from Gatecrasher for years. Top notch quality. Just picked up an order at Allentown just to keep in stock.

#77 7 years ago

Anyone have a link to the online store?

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Anyone have a link to the online store?

Here is the store ==>

5f38d3e54b2b6209ff3bca54e117155d667e3eb5_(resized).jpg5f38d3e54b2b6209ff3bca54e117155d667e3eb5_(resized).jpg

#80 7 years ago

Just a heads-up.

If anyone is going to be needing any parts in the next few weeks they will need to place an order by this Friday because I start my new job on Monday (June 6th) and probably won't be able to ship anything until after I move which could take a while.

#81 7 years ago

Well I just heard tonight that the start date for my new job has been pushed back until the 15th (which is OK with me) so I will have all next week to take any additional parts orders if anyone is in need.

5 months later
    #82 7 years ago

Bump just because I like Gatecrasher's stainless parts.

#83 7 years ago

I am moved out of my house in Chicago but my furniture (and pinball stuff) hasn't arrived here in Allentown yet. As soon as it gets here and I unpack, I'll be able to ship pinball parts again. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Moving really sucks though. Especially if you have as much crap as I do to load up.

#84 7 years ago

Hang in there, Buddy!

For anyone wondering, Gatecrasher's products are top shelf!

I'll be placing another order soon!

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

A nice restorer's trick is as follows:
    The side rails on classic Bally games take a beating in the outlanes.
    The wood rails can be protected with the same L Brackets that protect the shooter lane.
    Is it original? Nope.
    Does it look like a stock part? Yes (it kinda is, if you think about it).
    Does it look kick ass? Yes.
    Does it fit a blinged out, high end restoration? Hell yes.

Vid, I like your idea here but I have a question about Strikes and Spares.

First, I thought it might be nice to get a new L Bracket, the one that is there is not bad, just a little beat up (you can't really tell from the picture) and its a beautiful new CPR playfield so I thought what the heck a new one would be nice.

L Bracket orig (resized).jpgL Bracket orig (resized).jpg

Then I thought might as well get a new shooter lane arch as well. And then, after seeing your post above, sure enough the side rail by the outlane (both sides) is getting torn up so adding additional L brackets would be cool too like you said. But, it is a problem because of the location of the arch as shown here:

outlane side rail right and shooter lane arch (resized).jpgoutlane side rail right and shooter lane arch (resized).jpg

The shooter lane arch is sitting in the exact spot where I would need to mount the L bracket to protect that area just to the right of the Special insert. It doesn't look bad in the photo but it is getting beat up just like you said, and a bracket there would be spiffy. I could actually mount the upper hole of the L Bracket with the same screw for the ball arch, but it will look funny because then the left side of the arch will be higher than the right. I guess I could shim the right side up with a washer but I think it will end up not looking nice.

What is the function of the shooter lane arch anyway? My guess is that it is put there to ensure the proper spacing between the 2 rails for the ball to shoot up through? Can it be moved to a different position? Problem is, there isn't room upward because that plastic extends way up the rail. So I would need to move it down toward the shooter until it cleared the L bracket. Seems like it would be OK but I'm not totally sure about what that arch actually is there for.

There is another problem too. Wouldn't you want to put an L bracket on both sides to protect that rails by the left and right out lanes? I only see one orientation of the L bracket. You could flip it over and install it on the left side, but then it won't be symmetrical because of the shape of the bracket. The bottom part that extends past the top part will point in the opposite direction. I think it would look strange?

EDIT - Adding a Photochop!

Orange arrows show the "add-on" L brackets. The left one is flipped over so it will mount on the rail, It won't match the orientation on the right (I'm too lazy to fix the skew angle on the left one but you can see what I mean).

Yellow arrow shows the right side L bracket fitted right under the arch. It might look Ok that way but the left side will be elevated just a bit.

Red arrow shows alternate location for the arch. Of course if I do that, then there will be a hole to patch and paint up above on the right rail where the arch was screwed in, dang it.

EDIT 2 - fixed the skew angle on the left bracket, can't help myself, too OCD.
    l brackets and shooter lane arch 1 (resized).jpgl brackets and shooter lane arch 1 (resized).jpg

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Vid, I like your idea here but I have a The question about Strikes and Spares.
    First, I thought it might be nice to get a new L Bracket, the one that is there is not bad, just a little beat up (you can't really tell from the picture) and its a beautiful new CPR playfield so I thought what the heck a new one would be nice.

Then I thought might as well get a new shooter lane arch as well. And then, after seeing your post above, sure enough the side rail by the outlane (both sides) is getting torn up so adding additional L brackets would be cool too like you said. But, it is a problem because of the location of the arch as shown here:

The shooter lane arch is sitting in the exact spot where I would need to mount the L bracket to protect that area just to the right of the Special insert. It doesn't look bad in the photo but it is getting beat up just like you said, and a bracket there would be spiffy. I could actually mount the upper hole of the L Bracket with the same screw for the ball arch, but it will look funny because then the left side of the arch will be higher than the right. I guess I could shim the right side up with a washer but I think it will end up not looking nice.
    What is the function of the shooter lane arch anyway? My guess is that it is put there to ensure the proper spacing between the 2 rails for the ball to shoot up through? Can it be moved to a different position? Problem is, there isn't room upward because that plastic extends way up the rail. So I would need to move it down toward the shooter until it cleared the L bracket. Seems like it would be OK but I'm not totally sure about what that arch actually is there for.
    There is another problem too. Wouldn't you want to put an L bracket on both sides to protect that rails by the left and right out lanes? I only see one orientation of the L bracket. You could flip it over and install it on the left side, but then it won't be symmetrical because of the shape of the bracket. The bottom part that extends past the top part will point in the opposite direction. I think it would look strange?
    EDIT - Adding a Photochop!
    Orange arrows show the "add-on" L brackets. The left one is flipped over so it will mount on the rail, It won't match the orientation on the right (I'm too lazy to fix the skew angle on the left one but you can see what I mean).
    Yellow arrow shows the right side L bracket fitted right under the arch. It might look Ok that way but the left side will be elevated just a bit.
    Red arrow shows alternate location for the arch. Of course if I do that, then there will be a hole to patch and paint up above on the right rail where the arch was screwed in, dang it.
    EDIT 2 - fixed the skew angle on the left bracket, can't help myself, too OCD.

Here is what I did on my black knight. Sheared and bent new rail protectors. If you make exact patterns with cereal box type cardboard I can make you some in stainless. If you zoom in on the right side you can see how I cut around the plastic. I could cut out around your "bridge".

IMG_2275 (resized).JPGIMG_2275 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2276 (resized).JPGIMG_2276 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2273 (resized).JPGIMG_2273 (resized).JPG

#87 7 years ago

Why not try what Data East did: cut/polish a length of stainless 1" tall x whatever length you need and affix with double sided tape? No bending required, no need to worry about whatever hardware is installed on top of the wood rail, and you can barely even tell that it's there.

100_6051 (resized).JPG100_6051 (resized).JPG

#88 7 years ago

The movers came over the weekend and I am able to ship parts again.

Everything is currently in-stock:

iq8v45 (resized).jpgiq8v45 (resized).jpg

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Here is what I did on my black knight. Sheared and bent new rail protectors. If you make exact patterns with cereal box type cardboard I can make you some in stainless. If you zoom in on the right side you can see how I cut around the plastic. I could cut out around your "bridge".

OK that looks good I like those, thanks for that offer too. Still trying to figure out what I want to do next.

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Why not try what Data East did: cut/polish a length of stainless 1" tall x whatever length you need and affix with double sided tape? No bending required, no need to worry about whatever hardware is installed on top of the wood rail, and you can barely even tell that it's there.

That is pretty clean, simple, and effective. I did find out that it is actually pretty easy to order up whatever size stainless steel you want from the shops on the internet. For example, here I was looking at 14 gauge (just over 1/16" thick) 1" x 2-1/2" pieces. You can order those custom cut for like a buck each. But then, they all want $17.50 for shipping, not sure why so much, even if I bought 10 of those it would fit in a small envelope and likely not cost more than $5 or so. I'm looking around to see if I can get some locally. I don't have the tools to do any steel cutting of my own.

2 months later
    #91 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

You can move the Arch, or you could mortise the Lbracket so it's flush with the rail.

(think of a hinge on a wooden door is mortised so that it is flush with both the door and the jam)

1 week later
    #92 7 years ago

I wanted give all Pinsiders a head's up that after this Friday (02/03/2017) there will be a price increase on the shipping charges for my parts. The USPS just raised their shipping charges a couple weeks ago and I have no choice but to pass the increase on to my customers. As it is now, I am taking a bath on shipping.

So if you need anything, now’s the time to order. I will publish an updated parts flyer this weekend but as long as you order before Friday I will honor the current shipping rates.

#93 7 years ago

Very happy with Gatecrasher's products that I recently bought.

#94 7 years ago

I'm glad you like them MJW.

As announced last week, here's the updated parts flyer for 2017 reflecting the increase in shipping costs from the USPS:

INDIVIDUAL PINBALL PARTS FLYER 2017 (resized).jpgINDIVIDUAL PINBALL PARTS FLYER 2017 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #95 7 years ago

I got my backglass lift channel and trim in the mail today, and I have to say that they are BEE-YOO-TEE-FUL!
    Thanks!

1 year later
    #96 5 years ago

Gatecrasher Want to post a 2019 price list?

#97 5 years ago

No price increase from the 2017 flyer to now.

Here are the prices for 2019:

PINBALL PARTS 2017 (resized).jpgPINBALL PARTS 2017 (resized).jpg
    #98 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

A nice restorer's trick is as follows:
    The side rails on classic Bally games take a beating in the outlanes.
    The wood rails can be protected with the same L Brackets that protect the shooter lane.
    Is it original? Nope.
    Does it look like a stock part? Yes (it kinda is, if you think about it).
    Does it look kick ass? Yes.
    Does it fit a blinged out, high end restoration? Hell yes.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I just re-painted the wood rails on my Playboy; looks great.

#99 5 years ago

Bump for great products

3 months later
    #100 4 years ago

I purchased the 1/8” lift and trim kit for my new CPR backglass - fantastic product, perfect fit, promptly shipped, well packed and protected. I’m very impressed and highly recommend. Thanks Gatecrasher for a great product and service to match.

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gatecrashers-hardware-vids-review/page/2?hl=rocketfromtombs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.