(Topic ID: 94215)

GATECRASHER'S 2nd ANNUAL MYSTERY PINBALL CONTEST!

By Gatecrasher

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dothedoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Magic Circle.JPG
    OBI.jpg
    Mini LP Front.jpg
    Mini LP Back.jpg
    Lyrics Gatefold001.jpg
    Lyrics Gatefold004.jpg
    Lyrics Gatefold002.jpg
    Lyrics Gatefold003.jpg
    Insert.jpg
    Disc.jpg
    Disc.jpg
    R-4099788-1355224710-9335.jpg
    PB2.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

OK Pinsiders, it's time for another Gatecrasher's Promotional Mystery Pinball I.D. Contest

Last year we had a very challenging movie still with a "Tarantino Connection". It lasted about a week and a half until someone finally guessed correctly. This year it should be a little easier (maybe).

Here's the grand prize............................

The first Pinsider to correctly ID this picture will receive a reproduction pinball parts sample pack consisting of the following Gatecrasher reproduction parts:

One 3/16" stainless steel backglass lift channel + matching 3 pc. plastic edge trim kit (a $20.99 value)
    One 1/8" stainless steel backglass lift channel + matching 3 pc. plastic edge trim kit (a $20.99 value)
    One Bally stainless steel shooter lane arch (a $4.99 value)
    One Bally stainless steel shooter lane ball stop striker "L" bracket (a $4.99 value)
    One 42 pc. stainless steel coin door & side rail carriage bolt set (a $7.69 value)

Total value of this prize + shipping to the continental USA = $69.35

HERE ARE THE RULES SO READ CAREFULLY!

One guess per person per clue.

In other words, each contestant can only guess once per round or they are permanently disqualified.

If no one guesses correctly during the 1st round, I will then provide a clue. At that point everyone is reset and may guess one more time. If no one guesses correctly in a day or two, another clue will be provided and everyone is reset again. The cycle continues until someone guesses correctly and wins the prize.

Once you break the rules you are permanently disqualified from the contest and are ineligible to win the prize so make your guesses count and if you don't guess correctly...wait for the next clue!

Let's get started. This might not last long and then again, it may go on for a while. Only the contestants can determine that.

MYSTERY QUESTION
    What is this picture? Who is in it and where is it from?

PB2.jpgPB2.jpg

Good luck and play by the rules!

Link to prizes (basically one of each from my parts flyer)

http://oi61.tinypic.com/280136u.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Wayne Talbert's album Houston Nickel Kicks from the 70s

#3 9 years ago

For you youngsters:

#5 9 years ago

we have a winner......

#6 9 years ago

Is there a 2nd place? I would also like to guess Wayne Talbert's album Houston Nickel Kicks from the 70s.

#7 9 years ago

Wow that didn't last long!

I should have figured vid1900 would get it.

Send me a PM with your shipping info and I'll get your prize shipped out Old Pard.

lol

#9 9 years ago

vids 2 min answer. Excellent. I wonder how many have this hanging up in their game room just because it has pinball machines on it.

#10 9 years ago

I think a better question would be. Name that machine behind him. that you can't see the backglass of.

#11 9 years ago

Magic Circle & Cowpoke

#12 9 years ago

It's a relatively-obscure album.

R-4099788-1355224710-9335.jpgR-4099788-1355224710-9335.jpg

Artist: Wayne Talbert
    Title: Houston Nickel Kicks
    Year: 1970
    Format: LP
    Label: Mercury

Another forgotten album, Wayne Talbert’s Houston Nickel Kicks. Before cutting this record, Talbert, who looks like a fat, freaky ex-Marine, played piano for Mother Earth and the Sir Douglas Quintet.

He also worked with Dr. John the Night Tripper, did the arrangements for Jimmy Cotton’s best album ( “Cut You Loose” ), made two mediocre solo albums, and wrote a song entitled “Schizophrenic Susan Minnick,” all of which should entitle him to some small fame, surely. This, his third album, was a blatant attempt to get Talbert a hit single, which attempt, unfortunately, failed.

The record was produced by the great Huey P. Meaux, who is responsible for the Peggy Scott and Jo Jo Benson hits, “Lover’s Holiday,” “Soulshake,” and “Pickin Wild Mountain Berries.” Meaux kept almost all the cuts simple, melodic, and less than three minutes long.

The best of them are the amazingly pompous and melodramatic “I Can’t Take Another Heartache” and “Put It On Me.” Talbert pulls off singing such ludicrous songs only on the strength of his fantastic voice, which falls just a little short of Screaming Jay Hawkins.

In addition to this, Houston Nickel Kicks is worth owning just for the truly tough cover picture of Talbert leaning against a Williams’ Apollo pinball machine, which pinball connoisseurs will recognize as a classic. (Andy Klein)

Track Listing

1.I Can’t Take Another Heartache
    2.Wish You Were Here
    3.Summertime Love
    4.Lonely Weekends
    5.Put It On Me
    6.Sufferin City
    7.Your Tears Leave Me Cold
    8.Hello Maryanne
    9.Lover To A Friend
    10.Nobody Loves Me (Nobody Cares)

#13 9 years ago

Yeah, it's a great disc.

I've got it on vinyl, never found it on CD (although they did at one time make it).

#14 9 years ago

It was released on CD last year.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

It was released on CD last year:

Did you find it as an actual jewel case CD, or a weird Korean bootleg in a paper sleeve?

#16 9 years ago

No it's legit. It's a remastered "Mini LP" CD.

Here's the rest of the artwork:

Mini LP Front.jpgMini LP Front.jpg

OBI.jpgOBI.jpg

Mini LP Back.jpgMini LP Back.jpg

Lyrics Gatefold001.jpgLyrics Gatefold001.jpg

Lyrics Gatefold002.jpgLyrics Gatefold002.jpg

Lyrics Gatefold003.jpgLyrics Gatefold003.jpg

Lyrics Gatefold004.jpgLyrics Gatefold004.jpg

Insert.jpgInsert.jpg

Disc.jpgDisc.jpg

#17 9 years ago

Playing Speed 200-500 RPM

lol

#18 9 years ago

See thats the difference between knowledge and experience .. sure it took under a minute to find it with googles "search by image" .. but vid actually _knew_ the answer

#19 9 years ago

Your prize was shipped out today via USPS Priority Mail vid.

You should receive it on Wednesday.

Congrats.

#20 9 years ago

Thanks again!

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Magic Circle & Cowpoke

Cowpoke I could see, but how in the world did you get Magic Circle?

#22 9 years ago

You just see an image and it triggers the name of the game.

Magic Circle is a pretty rare game though.

Magic Circle.JPGMagic Circle.JPG

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

It's a relatively-obscure album.

Yeah, 2 copies produced. You have one and Vid has the other.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gatecrashers-2nd-annual-mystery-pinball-contest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.