Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,185 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by frisbez
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Smudge Drivers Licence (resized).jpg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ClpVeL5XEAErG2J.jpg-large (resized).jpeg
    smokey-social (resized).jpg
    20240418_170448 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5088 (resized).jpg
    Noone (resized).jpeg
    Wankel_Cycle_anim_en.gif
    MotorTrend-celebrity-drive-Peter-Noone-lead-singer-Hermans-Hermits-6 (resized).jpg
    20240413_124143 (resized).jpg
    20240412_200816 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4966 (resized).JPG
    rich-men-laughing (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the9gman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#175 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Most smart folks know why we have high gas prices, pinside doesn't allow saying it though.

I would say if you follow the facts its easy to see. All these countries decided to go green, ours included ....however there was no plan for the transition .....gas is now the evil villian, so they tried to force people to buy electric cars ....problem is most of the general population can't really afford them, 50K is what they paid for the house or trailer or whatever they live in .....50k for a car that needs a 16k battery in 7 years is way to much of an ask. Add supply bottlenecks, intricate chemistry of batteries , chip shortages and the war and you have the current mess that we are in. The fact that all of the oil companys see the writing on the wall where we will no longer use gas and oil and its the last extravaganza to produce less and make as much as possible.. That is true capitalism at work....Right now making your own ethonal makes economic sense especially if you use solar still's to get to 5% and then wood to go the rest of the way....which is where we are headed if we keep going down this path....We don't need another Elon Musk right now we need that back woods shade tree inventor that can convert an ICE car to an electric one that also has a generator to charge the batteries while driving to get 85mpg.and a minimum 400 mile range..... necessatiy will create the future reguardless of the oligarch's that made the decisions that put us here in the first place....the real culprits .......The World Economic Forum

#179 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

And why don't you mention Russia

I did maybe I didn't spell it out but when you cut 25% of the world supply naturally there are shortages

plus OPEC has decided to keep production low

Quoted from MtnFrost:

Nobody in power has acted on that or declared some immediate transition

they didn't have too Ford, Chevy and Gm all jumped on board and shut down assembly lines for ICE cars and converted gave priority to EV lines

#189 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I hope you don't really believe that. Started when someone took office.

I believe this article would back his position

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2022/03/13/how-much-of-the-gasoline-price-surge-is-president-bidens-fault/?sh=627a313a7c8b

#200 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

don't see much hope of us getting any gas relief. But I really hope I'm wrong.

unfortunately you are right , Russia started this war to try and take away all of Ukraines oil and gas and shipping port assets . It is the reason that NATO is actually a good thing , due to all the countries in it have agreed to band together and not attack each other ...to work together in time of war in the case of dictatorships that just want to take other peoples land and assets....which is what we are witnessing right now. We are in NATO therefore it would be a highly unpopular position not to side with it so therefore we are stuck with this. Question is, should we re-open drilling and exploration so we can support our own asses

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the9gman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gasoline-fuel-efficiency-as-of-late?tu=the9gman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.