Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,026 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Resized_20240324_144727_1711319768555 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240325_101928_Messages (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_114154_Gallery.jpg
    20240305_071204 (resized).jpg
    20240304_151438.jpg
    200w.gif
    IMG_2976 (resized).jpeg
    fart.gif
    fa6b9b36-6f26-4f1a-9d20-a9dd29d89a7a_text.gif
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    the-simpsons-excellent.gif
    atmospheric_co2_with_glaciers_cycles1747886506982648100 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 1.48.38?PM (resized).png
    Truth (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20230124_211345_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Fuel injection cleaner is not recommended and is a waste of money, use a good quality gasoline and change your filter once a year

What are thoughts on Sea Foam?

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

I stabilize the fuel in my generator with it for a year sometimes and it starts right up. I put it in a full tank of super to store a car for 3 to 4 months at a time and that starts right up too. I think it is better than Sta-bil.

It's been awhile, but have put in my high mileage vehicles every other year or so. Don't know if it does anything. Put it in my mower once and it smoked like crazy; supposed to be a good thing.

Edit: I mainly buy because I like the design of the can.

1 month later
    #195 1 year ago

Is their a Pinside obssessed with a thread award? MtnFrost wins the award for this one.

My MPG has remained the same, but this high gas crap is getting old. It wouldn't be so bad if the car market wasn't just a messed up.

#197 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I only tell the truth. It's not my fault there is so much disinformation repeated here. I don't like the high prices either, but I'm going to place the blame on the real faults, not use it for other purposes.

Hey man, you got this covered, Chuck has the 1099 stuff covered, Levi price bubbles, Boob memes, Blueberry Deeproote, Johnny confessional, Punkin Haggis, your usuall JJP and Stern supporters, Bob EVs, FF scams, d0n flipping preorders, and Flynn every thread.

#199 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

LOL. I am bowing out of this discussion, it's clear I can't contribute anything more than I have. Until Russia gets beat out of Ukraine, I don't see much hope of us getting any gas relief. But I really hope I'm wrong.

It will, it's just how long will it take. However, $3 might be the new norm when it does come down.

1 month later
    #258 1 year ago

Pepes would be Swatting each other.

2 weeks later
    #283 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I can't get past your abysmal non-trailer mileage. I didn't know there were vehicles that get so low. Ouch. My guess is the kind of traffic, or direction of travel had more downs than ups on the way there.

Ha, my Toyotal Land Cruiser get 13 MPG in mix driving. 12 city/15 highway. It's the only bad thing about the vehicle.

Quoted from Crash:

So, some consequences of high gas prices I've noticed locally. People are prepaying inside at the gas station a lot more than they used to. While in line I have seen several people prepay with cash, like me. Also the last several months I've seen an even dollar amount, like $30, on the pump from the previous person. So the use of cash to budget for gas has increased in popularity. Another possible reason for this is some debit cards and banks limiting large transactions, if you have a big truck that requires more than $75 to fill up for example.
    Another effect is traffic in my town and surrounding areas, on Friday nights and weekends, is down considerably. So much so in fact that literally the only good car wash in town had barely any customers on a Sunday afternoon. When normally there are 20 or 30 people in the vacuum area and several waiting in both lanes, I was the only one waiting. The weather was clear, sunny and mild. And last Sunday around the same time, I was surprised they were closed even though people were still in the wash tunnel and vacuuming afterwards.
    I asked one of the workers about this. He said they have to meet a certain daily quota or they have to shut down early. He said they only had about 70 people come through all day. He said "We really should be closed right now." My guess is with so few customers driving and getting their cars washed, and inflation killing people on energy costs, the place is likely barely breaking even. More people seem to be washing their cars at home or washing them less. Their "quick wash" is $10 and it's up from there.

Another downside is so many more people are using Sam's Club for gas to save 20-25 cents. It took 30 minutes today to fill up. Price was $3.14 though, which sucks, but better than a few months ago.

#285 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

3.14 I wish,try 4.99

Thing is Missouri has one of the lowest gas taxes in the country and I only get my gas from Sam's Club. Sam's is always, and I mean always since I've been using them in 10 years, at least $.20 cheaper than regular gas stations.

2 weeks later
    #295 1 year ago

We now have over a $0.50 difference between Sam's Club and nearby gas stations. For the first time ever the Sam's has taken an effort to use cones to make two lines because the lines have been so long to save money.

1 week later
    #298 1 year ago

Paid $2.89 for regular a few days ago. It's the first I paid under $3 a gallon since 1/30/22. People are still flocking to Sam's Club for the $.3 to .5 savings per gallon. It's taking 20-30 minutes to get to fill up. I feel like an EV owner right now.

#308 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

You sure you don't mean 1/30/20 ? Gas where I'm at is slightly below 4 bucks. NFB (no fuckin bargain)

No, I got it right. It was a dip, but still below $3 on 1/30/22.

#309 1 year ago

BTW, I started tracking my gas prices and quantity when Missouri passed a progressive gas tax last August. They got it past the red state because if you track your gas and submit a form you can get your gas tax back from the hike. I got $13.80 back but in a few years it will maybe hit $20 or $30. Not really worth the time other than principal.

I'm not trying to start a tax discussion, just pointing out what was going on with me.

#312 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I see they aren't going to let that happen. Should be fun to see how that plays out.

The railroads are serously important again.

#316 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Ford announced they will continue to offer the Mustang as a gas engine car.

Good thing or else they wouldn't be able to sell many

#328 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oh boy, now only a 50% increase in price per gallon since 9 months ago. Nobody should be fooled into a false sense of relief. Always remember the baseline.

Short dip too, but wanted to be accurate. I have to fill up tomorrow and I'll report on Sam's club pricing

#339 1 year ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

Getting 49mpg from my Honda Fit so the pain hasn't been too bad.

Can't believe Honda cut that model. I know someone that had a Fit and he loved that small car. He had no kids, but it was surpising what you could fit, no pun intended.

#344 1 year ago

I just got $2.89 or close to it (don't remember exactly other than under 3) this weekend. Still needs to come down more, but I'm not selling the Land Cruiser at these prices.

#346 1 year ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

Well keep saving those receipts for that gas tax rebate!

I will, might get up to $15 next year. Thing is, the amount you get back is not tied to the cost of gas, it's based on how much you use. I haven't received the money, but I sent the form in for $13.80 or something like that. Didn't bother witht he wife's car because she refused to send me her Sam's Club reciepts.

#348 1 year ago

Whatever dude. I'm not continuing this conversation.

1 week later
    #353 1 year ago

It's hovering sub $4 here by 10-20 cents. I'm predicting that's the new normal despite barrel cost.

Edit: Sam's prices

#354 1 year ago

Oh yeah, has anyone punched a gas pump? I did the other day with several F bombs. Long line (took 40 minutes to fill up) and I wasn't paying enough attention before I picked my line closer to the pumps.

I ended taking a shorter line and then realized one of the two pumps was coned off. I thought ok, smaller line it'll even put.

I'm second up after the current pumper. She runs card and gets back in. She gets out at appropriate time and then starts looking for her card again. I'm thinking what a moron.

She leaves and the next person keeps trying to get her phone app to work. Took her a long time. Once again I'm thinking what an idiot.

I get up, do my thing and it stops pumping after 2.5 gallons. I'm thinking of shit. I had to run my card four times to put in 20 gallons. I'm cussing and very animated.

The attendant was right there and says, yeah it has gotten past $12 dollars all day. I said you should shut it down, but he wouldn't.

At least I sent a clear signal to everyone else in my line

#355 1 year ago

The good thing at least by the time I was done my wife had finished spending $250 in groceries as I pulled up front.

#374 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Constantly talking about people he has blocked, must be surreal living in this fake sanctuary where you only see what you want and not whats actually happening around you.

I wish he would block more people to keep from political arguing.

#383 1 year ago

This morning I came into work with a report waiting in my inbox that we had to have a maintenance crew clean up a vehicle fire on a subdivision street. The pictures sent to me was after the vehicle was towed and our guys were cleaning the mess from the pavement with a water truck and scrubbers.

It was a jalopy landscaping truck. They were able to disconnect the trailer and save their zero turn mowers, but the truck was a complete loss. Not sure how the fire started, but it definitely was not an EV.

#387 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Is this an urban / rural thing? I've never lived in a home that uses those tanks. But maybe it's regional - I grew up very rural, but nobody around us had tanks like that. This would be Northern Midwest.

Same here. We have natural gas piped to the house. Just got notified prices are going up though.

#389 1 year ago

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 9.06.31 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-13 at 9.06.31 PM (resized).png

#405 1 year ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Hate to break it to you, but that paper is a one sided joke. Reactors aren't built with 60's tech anymore. There's no weaponization risk. No meltdown risk. It's like saying driving isn't safe, but you're in a 64 GTO with no airbags or seatbelts or safety enhancements of the last 60 years.
    And as far as taking a long time to build, there's no better time to start building than now.

Don't bother all that guy does is google his answers getting one sided info that he wholeheartly believes.

#409 1 year ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Work from home. I save about $2k a year that way. My car has 12k miles on it after 3.5 years.

Don't you mean working on your home

4 weeks later
    #443 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I don't go by charts, I go by what I see in the stores, the gas pumps, and my other regular expenses. Boots on the ground. That's why you can't trust the "official" CPI results.

Just look at anything that used to be under a dollar five years ago like a Tortino's pizza. Was 89 cents. Then it went to a $1.30, now a penny under $2. All of these grocery items that you don't think much about, but are now 50% or more higher adds up quick. You fill the cart and have to do a double take when checking out. At this point I only buy meat when it's marked down for quick sale. If I can't use in a day or two I just freeze it.

Edit: Also, I never used to see meat and other parishable items marked down for clearance at a reputable grocery like I have the last year. Less people are buying things like steaks or the designer meats and now get marked down.

#448 1 year ago
    Quoted from Emkay79:

On topic, gas is $3.79/gal here and diesel is nearly $6/gal--which certainly has an effect on the aforementioned food prices.

The last few months it's varied between $2.79 and $2.89 here at Sam's club. That means over $3 at the other stations. I believe this is the new norm.

#450 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

I agree with you. Although you gotta be careful saying this phrase. There’s another thread where you get put into a terrible classification of people if you do anything based on belief.

Which one?

#452 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

EV thread post 4368

Oh shit. Was that me? Now I have to look.

#454 1 year ago

I went there and didn't see a moderatoin on that post. I stand corrected though. I meant "I predict".

#470 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Had some great chili last night, my tank has been full of gas all day!

Attach the hose straight from your bum to the engine. Perfect.

#478 1 year ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

I drive an EV that currently runs $0.07/mile ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A cool one at that.

1 week later
    #516 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Don't forget the monthly car payment.

A Porsche is a Porsche. Going to be expensive no matter what.

#518 1 year ago

Also, that's why EV is best for manufacturers to do the high end and flashy. High end is going to cost no matter the powertrain. Only thing is less profit right now for manufacturers than comparable ICE, but they can actually make money on them. That's why GM was smart with Hummer. GM isn't likely making money on Bolts.

#530 1 year ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

That's an odd take.
    GM does most of their own financing. Do you think that if they sold for example 1 Hummer they'd make more money off financing than what they'd earn off 100 Bolts that were financed?
    Not only that, I bet a lot of Hummer buyers would buy one outright and not even pay any financing. They are geared towards more affluent people that probably do so.

Financing is probably the only way GM makes money from Bolt sales.

#534 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Well, at least we're doing better than a lot of countries dealing with this global inflation. And not everything is going up. Gas prices have been plummeting, so that's going to help the supply chains here. No sugar coating it, it's still painful. But not a lot that can be done when the driving forces are COVID supply disruptions and the Russian Invasion.
    [quoted image]
    Over 100 global economies have a much higher inflation rate than the U.S. right now.

What's Eura Area? UK, Germany, and Italy don't count?

#536 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I would imagine all the EU countries, with the exceptions listed whom are doing worse or better? Certainly the UK is suffering from Brexit. Which anyone with half a brain could have told them was going to be a disaster.

Got to admit though, the term is great. Who ever came up with the term Brexit is a genius for naming things.

#543 1 year ago

That's likely true of ANY car. That's why the want you to finance it through THEIR Finance company.

I doubt they make cars just to make money on financing. I'm sure they want profit on the cars...I mean trucks to stay viable.

#547 1 year ago

I doubt they make Bolt's to not sell them and make a profit off them. See how that works?

It helps with their CAFE numbers and was a technology incubator. They aren't making money on them, but I believe a $120K electric Hummer they are. Having the Bolt made it easier to do the Hummer and other more expensive EVs they have planned.

1 month later
    #558 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Now many places are $2.75. Wow.

We've been hovering aroudn 2.70's at Sam's Club here for awhile.

2 months later
    #567 11 months ago

Yep, it's up in the 3's now. Sucks.

1 week later
    #574 11 months ago

Yeah, gas in Cali sucks even when down.

2 weeks later
    #586 11 months ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

On a 2012 jetta? What was going wrong that was that expensive? I have a 2011 Honda Pilot and I just did my first non-maintenance repair of a power steering line for $50.

One word. German

#587 11 months ago

Also, four words. Out of Warranty German

3 weeks later
    #609 10 months ago

Two weeks ago took a road trip from St. Louis to Orlando. Cheapest gas was Kentucky at $2.99 a gallon at a regular station. First time I filled a tank for under 3 on a vacation in three years. Coming back got it at 3.14. My main goal is to never have to gas up in Illinois.

Right now regular in St. Louis is about 3.30.

#615 10 months ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

Getting 50.1 mpg on my 2020 Fit, on snow tires.

Getting 13mph on my 2012 Land Cruiser daily driver, but gas today was $2.99 at Sam's! Nice, I thought gas would have gotten jacked up this weeken because of people traveling, but this is a long time low here.

#620 10 months ago

I can only upvote that high of price because it's a down trend for you.

#624 10 months ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I only paid $3.05 this weekend.

Just so close to under $3

2 weeks later
    #629 9 months ago

We have been back over $3 a gallon at Sam's club last couple weeks. Still better than last summer at this time, but was hoping for being in the 2's as a normal thing again.

#631 9 months ago

We are creaping up to mid 3's here now. It's going the wrong way.

#635 9 months ago
    200w-4.gif200w-4.gif
    1 month later
    #646 8 months ago

Gas is up $0.20 from last week. Sucks.

#655 8 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Needles, California within the hour.
    [quoted image]

Ouch, are your taxes so much more that your gas is double here in St. Louis?

#657 8 months ago

But why is Nevada so high?

3 weeks later
    #693 7 months ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Today at the Woodward Dream Cruise. The corner of Woodward and Square Lake
    [quoted image]

Obviously they are cheaping out on landscaping. They should pass that savings along.

#695 7 months ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I just saw this thread too.
    Lmao
    Everyone on pinside buying pinball machines can certainly afford gas. Too funny. Go play pinball. Everything in the world has gone up. Gas is t the end of times.
    I have a great new car that gets 40 mpg and I don’t have to plug it in

Don't you know, most of us are cheap bastards.

3 weeks later
    #709 6 months ago

That sucks. We are almost there though.

1 week later
    #728 6 months ago

QT has the nicest bathrooms, or at least they are the one that started that trend in my area.

1 week later
    #737 5 months ago

With Invigorate. Does it also come with a dick pill?

#749 5 months ago

I figured your gas was cheap because you siphoned from customers.

1 week later
    #769 5 months ago

I shouldn't feel happy about $3.09 today at Sam's Club, but I was. Lowest in a few months.

#772 5 months ago

Sub, $3. Nice.

#789 5 months ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Currently about $2.85 here. Price of oil has more or less stabilized but still over $90, will see how this week ends up.

Where are you at? Any reason you don't post your city with avatar?

#799 5 months ago

I never understood the hide location thing. It helps get a feeling for someone's persepective of things. Anyone, not required, so if don't want to then fine fore you.

#826 5 months ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I don't know wtf is going on near you but, I like the way this is trending.
    [quoted image]
    I need to loose some lead in my foot, only managed 24.9 mpg this last tank though.
    Traffic permitted a few short triple digit speed runs recently, but none like back when I had the tastefully modded GLi. I could sustain the century mark for 1 - 2 minutes.
    Those were the days.

Drastic drop here in the last week. From around $3.29 to $2.83 today at Sam's Club. Got to say, feels really nice when the price point gets back in the $2 range.

1 month later
    #845 3 months ago

I just paid cheapest gas since the beginning of the year at $2.58. Still too much.

#848 3 months ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Yep compared to 2019...

Actually exactly one year ago, off by 2 cents. By the end of December it was $2.33. then kept back up to above $3 in the Spring 2023. Peak in 2022 for me was $4.789 on 6/22/2022. Peak for 2023 was $3.44 on 9/9/2023.

All price points are 87 octane at Sam's Club. Add at least $0.25 to compare to regular gas stations.

#867 3 months ago

Depleting anything titled strategic seems like a mistake to me, but what do I know. How's it work anyway, the government just sells a bunch of oil, flooding the market to lower prices?

1 week later
    #882 3 months ago

You guys are doing a lot better. Got to love Winter gas vs. Summer gas.

#889 3 months ago
    Quoted from HobbyGuy:

I didn't think CO does that shift? I thought here it was all one type?

Don't know, but here winter gas seems to always be cheaper.

#895 3 months ago

He loved his pecans.

1 month later
    #922 64 days ago

Is someone having a stroke?

#925 63 days ago

This is the gasoline vehicle bitch thread for fucks sake, more importantly the cost of gas we are buying driving our ICE vehicles. Why are people talking about EVs?

1 week later
    #928 52 days ago

Mine was $2.61, so on the up again.

#931 51 days ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I paid 3.42 for my 93 octane today, wtf says I.

And you are in oil country, WTF for sure.

3 weeks later
    #989 27 days ago
    Quoted from HobbyGuy:

So for clarity, what do you know of CO2 and it's effects on the world? Side question. If we need water to survive, and our bodies are 60% water, then drinking water excessively should have no adverse effects, right? Water's not toxic. (Hint: these questions aren't mutually exclusive).

I had to take a drug test for my first job out of college and made the mistake of taking a pee before I left, not knowing how big the pee cup was. Lady gave me the cup and I said I can't fill that. She said try, but it has to be above this line. I wasn't able to do it, so I went to the lobby and starting chugging Culligan water until I had the urge. I mean slamming those cones like shots. All of a sudden the surge hit and I killed the cup. I got home and had the worst headache all day and felt sick. Turns you you can get water poisoning.

#991 27 days ago

I paid $3.89 today for 22 gallons. It's on the rise. It'll be more once they switch to summer gas.

#1002 25 days ago

Hell yeah brother!

#1014 24 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Cool story bro.

Yeah no shit. Don't think Pinball is the primary hobby.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gasoline-fuel-efficiency-as-of-late?tu=ryanstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.