Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,172 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Jamesays
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ClpVeL5XEAErG2J.jpg-large (resized).jpeg
    smokey-social (resized).jpg
    20240418_170448 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5088 (resized).jpg
    Noone (resized).jpeg
    Wankel_Cycle_anim_en.gif
    MotorTrend-celebrity-drive-Peter-Noone-lead-singer-Hermans-Hermits-6 (resized).jpg
    20240413_124143 (resized).jpg
    20240412_200816 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4966 (resized).JPG
    rich-men-laughing (resized).jpg
    20240412_061659 (resized).jpg
    20240411_101230 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I havent seen an option to buy non ethanol around here...

At least in northern Indiana, some gas stations that cater to farming equipment (they deliver the gas) have straight gas, but they have pumps that you can fill up the car too. When storing one of my cars for the winter, I always fill up w/100% gas.

#127 1 year ago

Sidebar: Some OBD II readers can grab fuel data (i.e. fuel/air ratio, etc.). Is that something that can help determine if you're getting a different MPG (i.e. is the ratio different for straight gas, E10, E15)?

1 week later
    #152 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I'm going to take the carburetor off this 1985 Briggs and Stratton engine for my oldest mower. It doesn't want to stay running. I imagine the diaphragm ruined from the ethanol fuel all those years and the filter screen/main jet are probably gummed up.

Post some pictures. We're all bored waiting for the next pin release.

1 week later
    #159 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Well, I mean, the diaphragm looked good to my untrained eye. But I don't know what I'm looking for. I removed the carb, sprayed it out with the hose using light pressure, and let it air dry. I cleared out the main jet. Siphon screen is clear. I cleaned up around the tank and ensured no water or debris entered the tank ports. I did see some old varnished gas in the divot/cup of the tank the fuel comes up through and I cleaned that out with carb cleaner. I did not use carb cleaner on the carbeurator as the acetone would dissolve the plastic.
    Now it doesn't start, even the next day. Maybe there's still water in the main jet, but I have a feeling it's pulling air from around the tank gasket, that doesn't exist. There's no gasket on this thing and there should be one. So that's what I'll replace next with a new diaphragm.
    [quoted image]

Wonder if you could use MAF cleaner? I think those are safe for plastic (check first tho).

https://www.crcindustries.com/products/mass-air-flow-sensor-cleaner-11-wt-oz.html

4 months later
    #378 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

It seems electric cars are starting fire after Ian,the saltwater floods the batteries and now you have a fire hazard in your previously flooded garage.They have some work to do on this.Locally the fire Deartment has had trouble putting the fire out in Teslas after an auto accident because they reignite after being put out.I am all for this tech but it has some bugs yet.

I would have thought the battery enclosure is sealed, maybe here's a vent line somewhere (or a pressure relief vent). Googling lithium batteries and outgassing, seems like it happens only when things are getting out of control.

#390 1 year ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Same here in Western NY. But our moron governor wants the entire state to be electric, including cars. She also doesn't know where electricity comes from.

Comes from the outlet thingy on the wall. Duh.

#400 1 year ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Hate to break it to you, but that paper is a one sided joke. Reactors aren't built with 60's tech anymore. There's no weaponization risk. No meltdown risk. It's like saying driving isn't safe, but you're in a 64 GTO with no airbags or seatbelts or safety enhancements of the last 60 years.
    And as far as taking a long time to build, there's no better time to start building than now.

Small Modular Reactors (SMR) are an interesting approach instead of the gigantic 1000 MW sites. Built to a standard on a production line. A lot smaller in size, in the 60 MW range. U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) approved a design a couple of years ago, but can't say I've followed it much.

#404 1 year ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

there's actually no meltdown risk with current designs. That's been designed out.

I think some versions of the 'molten salt' reactors wont melt down, they self-regulate.

This thread's a little bit off the rails but maybe it ties into helping recharge all the future EV's given the very high current requirements.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gasoline-fuel-efficiency-as-of-late?tu=mbwalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.