Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,156 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ClpVeL5XEAErG2J.jpg-large (resized).jpeg
    smokey-social (resized).jpg
    20240418_170448 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5088 (resized).jpg
    Noone (resized).jpeg
    Wankel_Cycle_anim_en.gif
    MotorTrend-celebrity-drive-Peter-Noone-lead-singer-Hermans-Hermits-6 (resized).jpg
    20240413_124143 (resized).jpg
    20240412_200816 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4966 (resized).JPG
    rich-men-laughing (resized).jpg
    20240412_061659 (resized).jpg
    20240411_101230 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4826 (resized).jpg
    20240410_190744 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinplayer1967.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 2 years ago

15% ethanol gives us 4-5% less mileage and ruins our engines.

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Most already know this...
    Keep your tires properly inflated check once a month, higher mileage vehicles-throw a bottle of fuel injection cleaner in on a quarter tank , then fill up.

Fuel injection cleaner is not recommended and is a waste of money, use a good quality gasoline and change your filter once a year

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

A lot of people say because pulling the ethanol out brings the octane from 87 down to around 83, that either premium or an octane booster is required after ethanol removal. But does this apply to small engines? Briggs and Stratton says 87 is a minimum. Obviously I want to avoid pinging/pre-detonation which would damage my push mower engine.

If you live near a small airport you can buy Av gas 100 octane and mix it with all your power equipment. I’ve been doing this for years and my equipment fires right up, I also mix a little In my old car for winter storage.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

What are thoughts on Sea Foam?

Never used it. Don’t know

1 week later
    #103 1 year ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

I'm curious, do you actually change your fuel filter on your vehicle yearly? In my case, I'd be replacing the entire fuel pump assembly, as the filter is integrated within it, and not available separately. Acura has no replacement interval for a fuel filter in my vehicle. I've honestly never heard of anyone replacing their fuel filter annually, unless you run extremely low grade fuel.

I change this out every spring for around $9.00

C47602E0-3279-465F-8773-C9DB0E27CCA7 (resized).jpegC47602E0-3279-465F-8773-C9DB0E27CCA7 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #135 1 year ago
    Quoted from Genjuro:

What you say is true. My old Evo had an e85 tune that was amazing.. unfortunately at the time the availability of e85 was nil in my area.
    The high compression ratio took advantage of the high octane really well, and as long as the e85 blend dropped during the cold season, you would have no starting issues due to the lower RVP of ethanol.
    Btw, my comment you quoted was actually in regards to small engines in lawn mowers, etc.. people have been brainwashed in the US by their redneck small engine shopes, which have been indoctrinated by the API against ethanol so they can sell them expensive "true fuel" at absurd price per gallon with incredibly high margin.

So Rednecks that have been indoctrinated are the cause of high prices? Yea ok

6 months later
    #436 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Never liked paddle shifters. Too "Apple-ish"? Anyway, it's after the elections, inflation is falling, and the gas prices in CO remain constant at around 3.19.

Inflation is falling? This is why you have no credibility here.

4 months later
    #561 1 year ago

Yesterday the President said “it’s not going to be as bad as you think.

Translation: Prepare for high gas prices and energy costs!

#563 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

"it'll just be a little bit bad... Look we know paying $7 a gallon is hard on the wallet, but if all you poor people just bought $50k EVs youd be fine!"

$8-$9 by Labor Day

1 month later
    #598 10 months ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I wonder what the lines were like to save 4 - 8 bucks?

Most would pay $4 bucks not to go to Circle K

#600 10 months ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

It's not necessarily the most pleasant shopping experience, but Circle K saves me a lot of money. $5 per gallon in AZ. Damn! No wonder everyone is moving to Florida.

Gas used to be cheap here but not anymore.

6 months later
    #853 4 months ago
    Quoted from HobbyGuy:

I feel like gas prices are back in line with where they have been before COVID, to back around 2018-ish. That, and we're exporting more oil than any OPEC country other than the Saudis. I don't expect it to keep falling, but start averaging back on whatever long term trend it was on. Happy it's gone done, regardless.

I just paid $6.00 a gallon before leaving hotel California last week.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinplayer1967.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gasoline-fuel-efficiency-as-of-late?tu=Pinplayer1967 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.