Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,149 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240418_170448 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5088 (resized).jpg
    Noone (resized).jpeg
    Wankel_Cycle_anim_en.gif
    MotorTrend-celebrity-drive-Peter-Noone-lead-singer-Hermans-Hermits-6 (resized).jpg
    20240413_124143 (resized).jpg
    20240412_200816 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4966 (resized).JPG
    rich-men-laughing (resized).jpg
    20240412_061659 (resized).jpg
    20240411_101230 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4826 (resized).jpg
    20240410_190744 (resized).jpg
    image000000(3) (resized).jpg
    IMG_4718 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jamesays.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

I wonder if its related to a winter mix,I think around here they add 10% ethanol.I could be wrong.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I wonder if its related to a winter mix,I think around here they add 10% ethanol.I could be wrong.

61F9CC9B-21DD-44C0-8AC8-1101C8DD1F57 (resized).jpeg61F9CC9B-21DD-44C0-8AC8-1101C8DD1F57 (resized).jpeg
    #24 2 years ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

Why did we start putting ethanol in to begin with?
    We have 1 local gas station that still sells ethanol free gas. Not sure what the premium is in price.

I think it was supposed to be better emissions and actually lower the price at the pump.Not saying they accomplished their goal or not.

#45 2 years ago

its probably that stupid ass sticker they dont like ,if the president controlled gas prices Jimmy Carter would have given it out for peanuts.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

10% ethanol reduces MPG by about 10%. I've compared dozens of tanks in each of my cars and it's always the same.
    It's the biggest scam out there and accomplishes nothing except raising the prices of fuel and food.

My Brother is telling me it cost 800 or 900 per tank to fill up on Diesel now,people used to want Diesel because it was much cheaper than gas.Thats how the man gets you.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Oddly enough this came up in my YouTube feed this morning. One perspective of corn based ethanol!

I want to see the guy rub corn cobs together and throw them at the jug atleast 1 more time

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

A lot of people say because pulling the ethanol out brings the octane from 87 down to around 83, that either premium or an octane booster is required after ethanol removal. But does this apply to small engines? Briggs and Stratton says 87 is a minimum. Obviously I want to avoid pinging/pre-detonation which would damage my push mower engine.

Here are some interesting facts. Sorry if it’s long just skim the nuggets
    64F0F908-4B16-45CA-BC43-6461A7305F42 (resized).jpeg64F0F908-4B16-45CA-BC43-6461A7305F42 (resized).jpeg8B48989C-F04C-4783-A40B-DB51E9DFB131 (resized).jpeg8B48989C-F04C-4783-A40B-DB51E9DFB131 (resized).jpegC8E5F0A2-3B87-403A-8AA5-3CDFD566AC47 (resized).jpegC8E5F0A2-3B87-403A-8AA5-3CDFD566AC47 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
    #118 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Oh man, look what I found.
    Not sure how my 93 octane performance tune is gonna like it but if I'm paying more than $4 per gallon, I'm going to try this stuff. Too bad I didn't need a full tank today.
    https://www.pure-gas.org/extensions/maps.jsp?statecode=TX[quoted image]

I havent seen an option to buy non ethanol around here.I would love to have your high prices compared to here in the Bay Area,we are paying 5.30 per gallon for the cheap stuff 87 octane.Side note the state and federal tax is about 1.19 per gallon and going up 3 or 4 cents more July 1st.

#129 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Are small engines even capable of running E15 without causing major damage? Running E10 is already not recommended by many manufacturers.

I wonder do you need to have a different mix for smaller tools like blowers and edgers,specifically gas/oil mixtures or is it going to be the same.

#137 1 year ago
    Quoted from Genjuro:

What you say is true. My old Evo had an e85 tune that was amazing.. unfortunately at the time the availability of e85 was nil in my area.
    The high compression ratio took advantage of the high octane really well, and as long as the e85 blend dropped during the cold season, you would have no starting issues due to the lower RVP of ethanol.
    Btw, my comment you quoted was actually in regards to small engines in lawn mowers, etc.. people have been brainwashed in the US by their redneck small engine shopes, which have been indoctrinated by the API against ethanol so they can sell them expensive "true fuel" at absurd price per gallon with incredibly high margin.

this thread is more interesting when we dont call people names.If your not from the U.S. many of us are proud to be rednecks and as with any group you cant paint us all with 1 brush.Now lets get back on track.

#145 1 year ago
    Quoted from Genjuro:

I am from the heart of Appalachia, I can talk about rednecks all I like... I am one.
    I am also in the wholesale fuel business... So yeah, when True Fuel sells at $28 a gallon, one might want to stop and think about the why.

so your a redneck and indoctrinated or you make a living selling to such,Got it.

4 weeks later
    #165 1 year ago

Exxon profits DOUBLED in last Quarter.Greedy Bastards

#168 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Good thing I don't use Exxon!

Thats just the example I read I bet the rest of the companys are about the same.

#169 1 year ago

Oil prices started to creep up in late 2021 due to supply constraints, but then turbocharged after Russia invaded Ukraine in February. For Chevron, the upshot was $6.3 billion in profits last quarter, up from $1.4 billion a year ago. For Exxon Mobil, profits more than doubled in the same period, to $5.5 billion.

#171 1 year ago

I forgot to add GREEDY BASTARDS again

#172 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Oil prices started to creep up in late 2021 due to supply constraints, but then turbocharged after Russia invaded Ukraine in February. For Chevron, the upshot was $6.3 billion in profits last quarter, up from $1.4 billion a year ago. For Exxon Mobil, profits more than doubled in the same period, to $5.5 billion.

I have a brother working in the oil fields in Oklahoma and Texas,he hasnt got a penny more on his paychecks.

#176 1 year ago

Do they pay him less when gas prices tank?</blockquo
    Yes,They dont pay when they decrease production and send people home.

2 weeks later
    #208 1 year ago

Former California gas station manager John Szczecina said he lost his job over a decimal point error: Instead of listing his station's premium gas price as $6.99 per gallon, he posted a price of 69 cents a gallon.

Drivers soon lined up after friends and family members posted photos on social media and alerted them to the low cost of gas at the Rancho Cordova station — an unheard of price given that the average per gallon cost of regular gasoline is now $5.01 and premium gasoline costs an average of $5.69, according to data from AAA.

"It was a mistake that I did," Szczecina told CBS 13 in Sacramento. "I put all three prices on there except the diesel, but the last one kind of didn't go, you know, right."

#209 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Former California gas station manager John Szczecina said he lost his job over a decimal point error: Instead of listing his station's premium gas price as $6.99 per gallon, he posted a price of 69 cents a gallon.
    Drivers soon lined up after friends and family members posted photos on social media and alerted them to the low cost of gas at the Rancho Cordova station — an unheard of price given that the average per gallon cost of regular gasoline is now $5.01 and premium gasoline costs an average of $5.69, according to data from AAA.
    "It was a mistake that I did," Szczecina told CBS 13 in Sacramento. "I put all three prices on there except the diesel, but the last one kind of didn't go, you know, right."

He said his Boss fired Him and told him when you get home if you hear someone at your door dont answer because it will be a process server.Hes suing for the 24k mistake.

#222 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I understand completely! Can you understand failed economic policies?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    1 month later
    #262 1 year ago

Gas went up over 3 bucks a gallon around here so if they go down a dollar Im happier but not Happy.The solution is to charge gas company executives triple for all supplies and services.

1 week later
    #270 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I paid $3.45/gallon yesterday for regular at Costco.

Lucky,I paid 4.99 at Costco yesterday.Thats down over 1.60 per gallon from the high.Best price in Town .

#284 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Ha, my Toyotal Land Cruiser get 13 MPG in mix driving. 12 city/15 highway. It's the only bad thing about the vehicle.

Another downside is so many more people are using Sam's Club for gas to save 20-25 cents. It took 30 minutes today to fill up. Price was $3.14 though, which sucks, but better than a few months ago.

3.14 I wish,try 4.99

#286 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Thing is Missouri has one of the lowest gas taxes in the country and I only get my gas from Sam's Club. Sam's is always, and I mean always since I've been using them in 10 years, at least $.20 cheaper than regular gas stations.

i buy at costco and yes we are possibly paying the highest gas tax on the planet its about .54 per gallon.

1 month later
    #306 1 year ago

paid 4.86 today down to 75 bucks to fill up.

#315 1 year ago

Ford announced they will continue to offer the Mustang as a gas engine car.

2 weeks later
    #349 1 year ago

Gas back up to almost 6 per gallon here again.When gas prices start going down the old refinery maintenance b s happens every time.We may need a new system of fuel supply around here.Oil companies have robbed us for years maybe we should try something different as far as drilling permits.I dont have the answers but would like to do something but without Political Blame game.

#350 1 year ago

we are back over 6 bucks pg here.Record profits for oil Companies.Greedy Bastards

#352 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Not possible, it is political.

its unfortunate we arent civilized enough to discuss that,it might be interesting before the conversations went to shit.

#365 1 year ago

when were we last energy independant ? early 60s

#366 1 year ago

start a thread for nuts

#369 1 year ago

technically according to forbes Usa was energy independant last in 2021.Meaning we exported more than we imported.Since the 50s we have gone back and forth.Maybe we should stop exporting

#377 1 year ago

It seems electric cars are starting fire after Ian,the saltwater floods the batteries and now you have a fire hazard in your previously flooded garage.They have some work to do on this.Locally the fire Deartment has had trouble putting the fire out in Teslas after an auto accident because they reignite after being put out.I am all for this tech but it has some bugs yet.

#379 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I would have thought the battery enclosure is sealed, maybe here's a vent line somewhere (or a pressure relief vent). Googling lithium batteries and outgassing, seems like it happens only when things are getting out of control.

Yes,like flooding or an accident on the Road

1 month later
    #471 1 year ago

4.38 today at Costco ,still high but headed down for Here.

#491 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Today's Murphy prices just north of Houston.
    [quoted image]

I could live with that.

1 week later
    #506 1 year ago

Gas was 4.09 at Costco another buck or so and I can drive my chevys on weekdays too.

#509 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I see CA is going to investigate the oil companies price gouging.

Probably find them guilty of some Tom Foolery where they made Billions and then fine them a couple million.
    We will see where it goes.

#525 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Wonder when everything else starts to come down? My wife just came home from store and said eggs almost $5.00 F0kk!

5.99 for an 18 pack here.Total B.S.
    Plenty of eggs in stock ,just cost more.

#527 1 year ago

Gas today at Costco 3.89

#532 1 year ago
    1 month later
    #555 1 year ago

We are up about .40 a gallon too.

2 months later
    #573 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Yep, it's up in the 3's now. Sucks.

4s

1 month later
    #617 10 months ago

4.47 at Costco yesterday

#618 10 months ago

4.25 today

2 months later
    #656 8 months ago

4.45 Costco and yes taxes are over 50 cents per gallon

#660 8 months ago

Heres another

#662 8 months ago

You cant go back ,everything goes up .We Pay.You know what was good about 2020.Nothing

2 weeks later
    #678 8 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Guess we wouldn't be bitchin if they were lower. Give it time.

4.85 around Here this week.

#680 8 months ago

up about .70 in about 4 to 6 months.up .40 in 3 weeks

1 week later
    #698 7 months ago

Only 4.68 for Regular at Costco today.

tenor (4).giftenor (4).gif

#704 7 months ago

Hey Florida Pinsiders,Im hearing something about employees accidently mixing Diesel into regular gas and customers having engine problems.Tampa area I think.

2 weeks later
    #715 7 months ago

My local Costco giving it to me in the rear for 5.19 87 ragular

#718 7 months ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

It's not Costco, it's the gubmint.

#723 7 months ago

5.07 at Safeway cheap gas 87.

tenor (1).giftenor (1).gif
    3 weeks later
    #767 6 months ago

87 gas is down about .30 per gallon around Here.So its down to way to F--ing High
    5.15 pg

1 week later
    #814 6 months ago

4.99 today for rag 87

1 month later
    #833 4 months ago

4.03 at Costco today

2 weeks later
    #877 4 months ago

3.97 at Costco,1st time under 4.00 in awhile

1 month later
    #908 3 months ago

3.86 for 85 ragular.best I have seen in quite some time.

#919 86 days ago
    2 months later
    #1076 13 days ago
    spicoli-you-dick (1).gifspicoli-you-dick (1).gif
    #1096 7 days ago

5.05 at the cheap place yesterday.Greedy oil companies.

#1099 7 days ago
    Quoted from HobbyGuy:

Who knows? Maybe the plant was trying to cut corners somewhere that impacted safety. But incidences like this one are still insignificant when you look at the whole picture of things like EV car fires vs. ICE car fires, etc..

In all my years I have never heard of a gasoline car fire.

#1130 2 days ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I was just about to post a bitch about my $3.91 per gallon of 93 at my local Murphy, glad I ain't in Vegas.
    I will state however, my bonuses have also been considerably higher.
    It's not quote like having total consciousness on my death bed as foretold by the Dalai Lama, but meh, I'll take it.

I had a job that required me to put in 1,000 to 1,500 miles per month.I was paid mileage.
    This flux in gas prices would have screwed me as they set the price per mile and probably
    wouldnt keep up with cost.

#1131 2 days ago

Asssuming the price was set on a low cycle.

#1137 33 hours ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The government guideline just went up to 63 cents a mile. It still covers your fuel costs and then some.

How does that work,gas is 3 bucks a gallon in some spots and 5 bucks a gallon in others.

#1140 32 hours ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Haha. You live in California and haven't figured that out yet?

Im retired,mileage days are gone.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jamesays.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gasoline-fuel-efficiency-as-of-late?tu=Jamesays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.